• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Obama was a crook
I agree with Shishoe I know it's a first, I find that the Right's goals to be much more so harmful and toxic. While I don't agree with the protesters and think they shouldn't be rioting. I think that their blinded fear is more so warranted because of things Trump and ESPECIALLY many of his supporters tend to say. It's easy to see why some people would be fearful.

People that had the same reaction over Obama on the other hand almost completely unempathetic motives. I.E. "Send Obama back to kenya", "Obama's a gay/communist/Muslim out to destroy America", "Obama's not a real American". etc.

Imagine if they remaked those two together in chronological order
"Man, why does everything feel so small and unfair all of a sudden?"
I admit, I'm somewhat nervous to play Thracia because of that. :p

Also TBH, I like the gigantic maps in FE4 for some reason. Just some space in some of them with more content.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree with Shishoe I know it's a first, I find that the Right's goals to be much more so harmful and toxic. While I don't agree with the protesters and think they shouldn't be rioting. I think that their blinded fear is more so warranted because of things Trump and ESPECIALLY many of his supporters tend to say. It's easy to see why some people would be fearful.

People that had the same reaction over Obama on the other hand almost completely unempathetic motives. I.E. "Send Obama back to kenya", "Obama's a gay/communist/Muslim out to destroy America", "Obama's not a real American". etc.
I've seen a lot more openly racial hatred coming from the left than I have the right, not just against whites. But calling blacks that have different opinions than them "race traitors" and openly calling for segregation.

I think I'd be much more emphatic about their fears if most of them didn't actually go into it blind, and spread false information as truth.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, I feel you, I hate when mistreated animals don't listen to their owners /s
idk if that was aimed to me or not :079: But its mostly me, my dad and my sister that feed the dog, let him outside, give him his meds and , since she wont do it, discipline him

She wont even let her dog be near her. She pushes him away every time he comes over to get pet with an "Eww, you stink, go away"

We all have to yell at him to get up and out of the way because even if we nicely say "Move Bear" He looks up at us like we are crazy. and My mom tripping and breaking her ribs on him isnt the first time she tripped on him. The first time she tripped on him she flew forward and made her break her TV by hitting it. Apparently he didn't learn not to sleep under people feet after that

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I admit, I'm somewhat nervous to play Thracia because of that. :p
Thracia's difficulty is largely based around not knowing what's coming. The game gives you a lot of powerful tools like capture and infinite range warp, so if you know what's coming ahead of you it's not too bad.

I'd recommend playing with a guide unless you're really committed to a blind playthrough. The game was literally designed with the intent to help sell guidebooks, so don't feel too bad about that. Also recommend alternating save files so you can go back a chapter or two if the game throws something unexpected at you.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Emm, using the "Trump is way worse" argument when someone criticizes Obama doesn't hide that POTUS44 also messed up things too.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I said why I brought it up

Because the right and left both did the same thing when power was switched between parties. Called the upcoming president a Nazi and marched in large protests
Even if horseshoe theory was real (which it's not, not even remotely) I don't think that's how it works.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, politics again?

I think it's best to agree that there are terrible people on both sides and that anyone who makes it up to a national level no matter their political party is corrupt at minimum.

Every time one political party starts to disappoint me to the point that I would start to sway to the other one, the other one goes "hold my milk" and starts trying to top them for sheer unlikeability. Nevermind that they all seem to want the same end goal of trying to force everyone to be identical to themselves by silencing opposing opinions via censorship and demonizing the opposing side to the point that they aren't even viewed as human beings.

It's basically rude versus pretentious cranked up to their logical conclusions with the most basic things being dragged into the crossfire for reasons so complicated that I don't even really have anything to say to it other than that if you dumb them down to what they really are than it's all pretty ridiculous.

It's best not to view the world by party lines, really. The more you do that no matter what side you're on the harder it is for your message to be gotten across.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even if horseshoe theory was real (which it's not, not even remotely)
Explain.

It's almost universally accepted with multiple examples throughout history.

Unless we're putting everything from anarchism to facsism (which are neither right nor left in reality) on the same horseshoe, it works.

I don't think that's how it works.
Psycho used it correctly.

That's the basic idea of the theory.

D

Deleted member

Explain.

It's almost universally accepted with multiple examples throughout history.

Unless we're putting everything from anarchism to facsism (which are neither right nor left in reality) on the same horseshoe, it works.

Psycho used it correctly.

That's the basic idea of the theory.
Because Obama is Jesus and Trump is Satan.
Get with the times, Swamp.

D

Deleted member

Thracia's difficulty is largely based around not knowing what's coming. The game gives you a lot of powerful tools like capture and infinite range warp, so if you know what's coming ahead of you it's not too bad.

I'd recommend playing with a guide unless you're really committed to a blind playthrough. The game was literally designed with the intent to help sell guidebooks, so don't feel too bad about that. Also recommend alternating save files so you can go back a chapter or two if the game throws something unexpected at you.
Ah, I see, I should do just fine then because I look up guides for my playthroughs so I don't miss certain things I'd otherwise would miss.

I've seen a lot more openly racial hatred coming from the left than I have the right, not just against whites. But calling blacks that have different opinions than them "race traitors" and openly calling for segregation.

I think I'd be much more emphatic about their fears if most of them didn't actually go into it blind, and spread false information as truth.
That's not so much of a left tendency as it is from certain black groups and communities. Not all of them are even from the left as there are black communities that do the same sort of thing but are on the right side of the political spectrum. But even though there are communities like that out there, I don't see how that completely disregards white racists. I've visited sites such as Stormfront, they do the same sort of thing.

They on the other hand are specifically go by right wing, christian values. Though there are few people that don't by one or the other, that is the heart of their values. And I'm not referring to just one group, I'm referring to all that I've encountered. The differences are who they hate specifically. For instance, many wouldn't even consider a lot of white people white.(Basically anyone who's not Aryan.)

I myself only care that groups like these don't exist eventually, I'm not rooting for any race. Especially since race as we define it socially doesn't exist genetically. The less segregated we come the easier that is to see, so I agree that it's no good regardless. I just find the Right's racism to be more contestant and organized.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ah, I see, I should do just fine then because I look up guides for my playthroughs so I don't miss certain things I'd otherwise would miss.
Well, it won't be a cakewalk, but it won't necessarily be harder than most FE games.

The FEWOD guide is a pretty good one. I used it a lot when I was playing FE5 the first time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I personally do not care about race at all as technically there isn't such thing as race genetically, as a disclaimer.
Yeah there is actually.

It's a collection of genes that are common in one geographical area or group of people. It's not a rigid thing, but races do exist genetically.

It's like the difference between a beagle and a poodle.

Very distinct differences but they can breed with no issues as they are still the same species. Beagles and Poodles are inherently of the same value as they are both awesome dogs.

We're are still human but there are differences.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing I'm going to be willing to admit is that I don't really know a lot of people in the right, just people in the left. Living near Seattle as I am.

So I see much more wrong doings with the left than I do with the right.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only thing I'm going to be willing to admit is that I don't really know a lot of people in the right, just people in the left. Living near Seattle as I am.

So I see much more wrong doings with the left than I do with the right.
I've lived in both areas that are staunchly conservative and staunchly liberal.

Trust me.

They all do the same ****.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also, since we're talking about Thraica, I'll take the opportunity to bring up Thracia's soundtrack: it's really good.

Bonus points for remixing FE3 music for the preparations theme. <3

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's a collection of genes that are common in one geographical area or group of people. It's not a rigid thing, but races do exist genetically.
I'm looking it up, and I don't see anything that agrees with this. I'm finding articles claiming that mainstream science considers race to be a social construct rather than biological

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Also, since we're talking about Thraica, I'll take the opportunity to bring up Thracia's soundtrack: it's really good.

Bonus points for remixing FE3 music for the preparations theme. <3
That music is pretty good but unrelated, I just notied how...big all their hair is

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've lived in both areas that are staunchly conservative and staunchly liberal.

Trust me.

They all do the same ****.
Well, lol maybe. The only other place I've lived is New York, and they have mostly been left

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm looking it up, and I don't see anything that agrees with this. I'm finding articles claiming that mainstream science considers race to be a social construct rather than biological
Genetically, we can determine where people's ancestry is from and what part of the world their genes originated.

There is no specific black gene or white gene or whatever, but we can trace people's genes to a "source" if you will.

Of course, this depends on what define race as. I know many define it as a social construct and use ethnicity in its place but I like to go with the dictionary.

"each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah there is actually.

It's like the difference between a beagle and a poodle.

Very distinct differences but they can breed with no issues as they are still the same species. Beagles and Poodles are inherently of the same value as they are both awesome dogs.

We're are still human but there are differences.
You misunderstand. Perhaps "doesn't exist" isn't the right term, that was wording on my part. What I mean is our social concept of race is inaccurate, it tends to change quite often and varies culture to culture. Scientifically race doesn't exist, only our apparent traits do. For instance, there's actually much more genetic diversity in Africans than any other race, both in genes and in appearance.(Even in skin tone.) Yet, now they're mostly regarded as one race.

Yet many races we refer/referred to as different are much more similar. For instance, even though jews are refereed to as a different race by many, genetically they're pretty much Caucasian in the same sense that we refer to as all africans as just africans, the same goes for the Irish.(Who were considered a different race for quite awhile, but are now considered white.)

The point being that it isn't as clear cut and defined as culture makes it out to be. And it isn't nearly as drastic as something as a pug or a beagle, false equivalence there. Outside of skin tone and facial characteristics(which also vary even within one race) we are very similar to each other. Especially compared to non-homo sapien humans that are now extinct.(Such as homo erectus, though certain people cary a bit of their genects due to homo sapeins breeding with them.) That would be more so like the difference of a beagle and a pug. Aside from appearance(which most humans are drastically different from one another anyway even within the same race when compared to other species), there's hardly a difference between everyone of us at all. It's nurture that makes us so different otherwise, not nature. A racist believes, however, that nature is why certain 'races' behave differently and that they inherently possess those characteristics.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You misunderstand. Perhaps "doesn't exist" isn't the right term, that was wording on my part. What I mean is our social concept of race is inaccurate, it tends to change quite often and varies culture to culture. Scientifically race doesn't exist, only our apparent traits do. For instance, there's actually much more genetic diversity in Africans than any other race, both in genes and in appearance.(Even in skin tone.) Yet, now they're mostly regarded as one race.

Yet many races we refer/referred to as different are much more similar. For instance, even though jews are refereed to as a different race by many, genetically they're pretty much Caucasian in the same sense that we refer to as all africans as just africans, the same goes for the Irish.(Who were considered a different race for quite awhile, but are now considered white.)

The point being that it isn't as clear cut and defined as culture makes it out to be. And it isn't nearly as drastic as something as a pug or a beagle, false equivalence there. Outside of skin tone and facial characteristics(which also vary even within one race) we are very similar to each other. Especially compared to non-homo sapien humans that are now extinct.(Such as homo erectus, though certain people cary a bit of their genects due to homo sapeins breeding with them.) That would be more so like the difference of a beagle and a pug. Aside from appearance(which most humans are drastically different from one another anyway even within the same race when compared to other species), there's hardly a difference between everyone of us at all. It's nurture that makes us so different otherwise, not nature. A racist believes, however, that nature is why certain 'races' behave differently and that they inherently possess those characteristics.
I can agree with that.

While I think race exists genetically, I do agree that it's much too complex to just say "white" or "black." I also agree that the differences are incredibly small and ultimately meaningless, but they are there.

And yeah perhaps the dog analogy was a little off, but the main point still stood.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Does anyone plan on getting a horse in Breath of the Wild or are you all going horseless?
I'll have to figure it out as I go.

On one hand I like the idea of moving through an area quickly, but on the other hand I'll likely be scared of getting the horse killed. If it's easy enough to get more horses without penalty then it might be a bit easier of a choice.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'll have to figure it out as I go.

On one hand I like the idea of moving through an area quickly, but on the other hand I'll likely be scared of getting the horse killed. If it's easy enough to get more horses without penalty then it might be a bit easier of a choice.
I think you can just break any wild horse. I know my horses are probably going to die, so I'm gonna get a lot. When one dies, I'll get another

Although the horse named Ja'far is staying at the stables, safe and sound. Im not letting him die

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I will get a horse.

And name it something funny.
I think you can just break any wild horse. I know my horses are probably going to die, so I'm gonna get a lot. When one dies, I'll get another

Although the horse named Ja'far is staying at the stables, safe and sound. Im not letting him die
I need to pay attention more to this game I'm getting delivered to my house in six weeks. I didn't realize you could name them, now I kind of want to think up ridiculous names myself. Can you stockpile multiple at the stables?

. . .Maybe I'll name one either Phos or Lux. Both if I can get multiples at once.

D

Deleted member

I can agree with that.

While I think race exists genetically, I do agree that it's much too complex to just say "white" or "black." I also agree that the differences are incredibly small and ultimately meaningless, but they are there.

And yeah perhaps the dog analogy was a little off, but the main point still stood.
Yeah, basically what I'm saying is that it's genetic characteristics that make up what we perceive as race.

However, I consider classifying people race silly because we only do it by what we see on the outside, ethnicity makes more so sense.

For instance, Latinos are often grouped into one race even though genetically they're a highly mixed ethnicity. And even without going into colonization(Which is why, say, many Mexicans are genetically Caucasian), a Mexican native isn't genetically the same as a Cuban native when it comes to outside appearances.

But anyway, perhaps this was pretty easy to pick up considering I'm racially ambiguous to people.(I've been called asian, mexican, native american, and white by random people over the years.)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it's best to avoid any of the YouTube channels that make "console wars" videos. Their entire channels are devoted to drama and attacking one another :/
Indeed, but I'm pretty sure the channels I watch are really just being more realistic when it comes to criticizing Nintendo, in my opinion some were really too harsh on Nintendo.
Anyhow, I will stay out of that console war thing, it really doesn't benefit the gaming community as a whole.
How bad is it?

I make a point of avoiding watching YouTube channels with opinions too negative for me to enjoy myself watching them and I hardly ever actively look for gaming Youtube channels and am pretty out of the loop, but I may as well ask what specifically he's going on about since this implies it's pretty bad.
Not bad, just way too negative on things that can be explained or just uncertain. By the way that video was made right after the Switch presentation, same with his later video. Taking third party games and lauch so seriously. He does make points I agree but I don't even bother when you are trying to shove it down to my throat, this is not legit debate you can only express what ypu think because nobody is absolutely right at this moment. And like I said again I think people like Shokio I doubt they try out the Switch, I will listen to those people who have tried out the console and ask Reggie himself about the console.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We all bleed red blood and we all have noses so we're all the same in my eyes.

Enless your blood is a different color and I'm massively curious by that point

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Does anyone plan on getting a horse in Breath of the Wild or are you all going horseless?
Yep...I will try to do my best to keep it for the entire game...

key word is try....

and probably fail but, we'll see...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Quick Xenobalde update...
Since I was knocking out sidequests this song is more than appropriate considering how many times I had to kill all the...uh...I'll just call them Tyrants since I forgot what they're called in this game...

There was one specific tyrant...while running around Gaur Plains I came across this shrine with a conspicuous red pick-up sitting out in the open, so I run over to grab it and as I do so out from behind the shrine a ****ING GIANT AS **** SPIDER ambushes me...Good thing I outleveled it by about 6 or 7 levels otherwise this would not have ended well...
This was at the point I was thinking of how in XCX it seemed like such a danger running around since you sometimes have to worry about giant bugs emerging from out of nowhere, such as running around the cliffs in Cauldros and all of a sudden you get ambushed by a mountain sized Cinicula that was hiding underground...I haven't really had any of those moments in this game, until now that is...

I have to say though doing these sidequests gave me an incentive to actually explore as opposed to going through the story which sort of has me passing by...Fou8nd quite a few interesting things, such as these 'Secret Areas' which reminded me of the Sight-seeing Spots in XCX....
Of course I keep finding myself surrounded by these level 70-80 beasties that I just want nothing to do with right now...
You Will Know Our Names
One of the best rock soundtrack, but you will either get shocked or strengthen your nerves when hearing this soundtrack in the game…
Just posting my wants list for upcoming confirmed titles...not restricted to just the Switch...

Definites
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Super Mario Odyssey

Maybes
Fire Emblem Warriors
Arms
Skyrim
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
I will move Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and ARMS to definites if this was my list.
So here is the battery life and charge time of each the Switch's controllers:

Hmm I have to admit, thr console's charging time is kind of awful for a USB type C charge, so is the pro controller. Rest is fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom