• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sooooo anyone see this?

http://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/

It looks like Sakurai wanted the gun off of that figure as a reference for something.

It's hard to tell what exactly might come of this. It tells us a few things that it can't be, but it doesn't tell us a whole lot about what it actually is. Kid Icarus: Uprising actually did have a sufficient enough variety of weapons that it could get away with using a modified form of that gun, but Sakurai specifically said he wasn't touching the series again.

Maybe he's working on a new IP?
Clearly this points to Henry Fleming, as he may have needed a reference for the Eagle Rifle.

Please? No? Okay. Henry4Smash tho.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well if you play as robots with guns then I doubt I'll be interested.
I don't think it meant the whole figure, the article seemed to imply it was just the little rifle it was holding that was important.

I can't get a very good look at it since half of it is blocked by the figure holding it, but to do a quick attempt at drawing it, this seems to be what the main focus of speculation should be on.

The. . .gun's design is not meant to be tackled by someone of my skill level. But I attempted.

That's not to say that it couldn't be robots with guns, just that it doesn't seem to be the relevant part of why it was chosen. If the focus is on the gun, then anything that could look alright holding it is fair game. Keep in mind, this is the man that gave a Greco-Roman angel everything from recent past/modern day weaponry to sci-fi equipment to whatever random crud that could be picked up off the ground. You can't put the man in a box, he could take something from one thing and do something completely different for all we know.

Just saying. With Uprising weapon selection in mind, this could be for a LOT of potential things.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else organize their pokemon's moves by color?

LOL, it looks more aesthetically pleasing

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So here's a question for people....

Does anyone still play Smash at least semi-regularly?
Yeah, I actually play Smash pretty often.

That said, I normally only play single player, things like All Star, Training, and regular smash battles.

I actually played Brawl for a bit for the first time in years a few days ago.
It was weird.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Oh look, another person other than Laura's American source is starting to say BotW is now launch agai-oh it's that guy nevermind Laura's new source is the only one that counts so far."

I think I may have just remembered the name of the leaker I don't like.

*EDIT* "It doesn't seem like Sakurai's working on Smash."

Well I could have guessed that too. You know, with Sakurai making comments about how he's more confident than ever that he's done with Smash and that he's already working on his next thing. That's not insider, that's an educated guess based upon facts we already know.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do that and also usually put pokemon in boxes representing the environment they'd live in.
I used to do that, but now I organize boxes by type

Not always primary type though. Whichever I think they fit better in.

And I usually have a flying box with birds and stuff

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, I actually play Smash pretty often.

That said, I normally only play single player, things like All Star, Training, and regular smash battles.

I actually played Brawl for a bit for the first time in years a few days ago.
It was weird.
I haven't played smash in probably a year. Maybe more.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Might aswell post another move pool. This time...

1 Bite
1 Roar
6 Iron Breath
8 Leer
10 Odor Sleuth
12 Helping Hand
17 Magnet Bomb
19 Reversal
21 Dragon Tail
23 Take Down
28 Flash Cannon
30 Agility
32 Retaliaye
34 Digital Wave
39 Crunch
41 Heatwave
43 Outrage
45 Sunsteel Strike
Iron Breath is a steel type Ember. Digital Wave is a steel type Flamethrower

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One thing that has me a bit worried is that someone on the NeoGAF thread I'm reading pointed out that Sakurai working on Nintendo games was out of respect for Iwata and now that Iwata's gone he said he may not be working on them anymore.

Gosh, I hope Sakurai's next game is a Nintendo game. It'd be depressing to see him leave. :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
2017 is looking better already
I don't want to sound negative like Praline but this is probably my least favourite of his videos.
He really shouldn't have tried to imitate the dialogue with the kazoo. Those parts were painful to hear.

Haven't played it after finishing all the challenges and getting the custom parts.
And that was half a year ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still play both versions every now and then. I've been thinking about getting better at it for a while now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Might aswell do another movepool

1 Water Sport
1 Scratch
4 Tail Whip
7 Water Gun
10 Confusion
13 Fury Swipes
16 Water Pulse
19 Disable
22 Snarl
25 Zen Heabutt
28 Aqua Tail
31 Soak
34 Psych Up
37 Amnesia
40 Psychic
43 Wonder Room
49 Dark Pulse

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't want to sound negative like Praline but this is probably my least favourite of his videos.
He really shouldn't have tried to imitate the dialogue with the kazoo. Those parts were painful to hear.

Haven't played it after finishing all the challenges and getting the custom parts.
And that was half a year ago.
I still have to beat All Star with all the characters on Hard.
It's been pretty hard.

I wonder which one of the twenty premium regulars pranked me.
I just noticed that my premium ran out.
I guess it doesn't actually last a year, but rather, a "Year".
I might renew it later.
But Kazoos make everything painful to hear
But do kazoos make kazoos painful to hear?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of kazoos, for the longest time I didn't know how to play them. When I was a kid I called all the ones I used "broken" when all I was doing was simply blowing hard into them like a whistle.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I haven't played it this past month due to Sun and Moon's release, but during the school year, I usually play Smash once a week with a few friends from a club I'm a part of. We usually do 8-Player Smash, and once a semester we even have tournaments.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
*plays Dishonored 2 and gets dropped into purgatory by a phasing through objects glitch* my luck at finding these glitches continues. And I'm not even that far in the game.. smh.. good thing I didn't do much from the last save point to when the glitch happened..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found the funniest news article

A copy of President-elect Donald Trump’s New York driver’s license was obtained by Politico, which published it Friday. The website noted the license lists him as 6-foot-2, contradicting statements by Trump and his doctor that he is 6-foot-3.

“The Trump transition did not respond to a request for comment about the height listed on his driver’s license,” Politico reported.

The website said it obtained Trump’s license “through an open-records request related to the central Virginia winery that’s owned by Trump and run by his son Eric.”
Please tell me Politico is like the Onion

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Laura Kate Dale is starting to act like an attention wanting puppy.

Anyone can come up with what she's saying.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Psyduck is one of the few regional forms I've actually thought up the type change for.

It's psychic typing in my region is from the fact that it came into contact with the pokemon "Snomad" which made Psyduck's headaches even worse, heightening its psychic power.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im still waiting for the: "We Are Number One but every One is Ronda Rousey failing the basics of boxing"

D

Deleted member

My resolutions:
-Get my save dongle to load the edited file to the original white 2 cartridge successfully.
-Get my save dongle to load the edited file to the original white 2 cartridge successfully.
Well, it worked. But only because I did a fix to make it work on windows 10.... I just shaked around the upload window constantly. :p Strange, but it worked.
IMG_2261.JPG

Now to wait for the pokebank release....

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know when pokebank is coming? I've got a few pokemon I want to transfer over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom