• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well i've never celebrated Christmas before so it's hardly any different from the usual for me.

It does give me 3 weeks off from College though so that's a very big positive for me. College doesn't resume until the 9th for me.

D

Deleted member

It's difficult to make a Top 10 list of games I've enjoyed. There's too many choices to pick from.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same here. I don't know why, but Christmas feels a lot less apparent than it usually does. Which is not a bad thing to me, less is often more.
We have presents, but Ive been so busy that I forgot I even bought my dad and my sister presents

Which reminds me. I have to see if my class is able to get Financial aid

D

Deleted member

Is Zelda overrated? It has maintained a spot as one of Nintendo's most popular and beloved franchises for the 30 years it's been around, but I've seen a vocal group of people (possibly a minority) calling it overrated to the point where I'm not sure.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Hell yeah, my class is qualified for Finantial aid, thank the lord.
Well i've never celebrated Christmas before so it's hardly any different from the usual for me.

It does give me 3 weeks off from College though so that's a very big positive for me. College doesn't resume until the 9th for me.
Its nothing special. You just get free stuff or money sometimes

Oh and break from college is always a plus
I dont go back until the 9th as well

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, few hours old story time.

I went onto an improv comedy Reddit I've been following the past few days that has nothing to do with video games, although there are a handful of gaming prompts for responses and gamers here and there, mostly extremely mainstream or general things though. So I check the latest ones, and to my surprise I see this:

"Characters who shouldn't be in Smash Bros."

I was expecting it to be a completely hypothetical thing for fun. Apparently the prompt creator had. . .something else in mind.

So of course I respond in the only way fitting of the environment.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Its nothing special. You just get free stuff or money sometimes

Oh and break from college is always a plus
I dont go back until the 9th as well
Yeah, I figured as much. Would have been nice unwrapping presents as a kid but whatever.

College is great when it comes to giving us a break. They give us 3 weeks as opposed to the 2 given by Elementary/Secondary schools. Not only that but we get a week off in the middle of every semester as well.

In my first year of College (back in the Fall of 2014) I actually got an entire month of College off. Wrote my last exam on Dec 11 and didn't come back to College until Jan 14.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yeah, I figured as much. Would have been nice unwrapping presents as a kid but whatever.

College is great when it comes to giving us a break. They give us 3 weeks as opposed to the 2 given by Elementary/Secondary schools. Not only that but we get a week off in the middle of every semester as well.

In my first year of College (back in the Fall of 2014) I actually got an entire month of College off. Wrote my last exam on Dec 14 and didn't come back to College until Jan 14.
Its about the same here, the semester ends in the middle of the month off or I get a 2 month break because I dont do summer classes

Yo, why does it sound like the ghost of christmas past is outside, aka Im saying its hella windy

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
For me, I don't see Christmas as unimportant. It's been a little bit of a family tradition, but for as long as I can remember, we would get a picture of Santa Claus for my nan, and she always loves getting these pictures.

Regardless, I just hope that people out there realise that there's a fair amount of religious significance for this holiday, as opposed for it being a time to break out all the sales.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
My only issue with Christmas is that it doesn't feel the same without snow. I still think it's a pretty special holiday, I just need snow and cocoa, and this song on loop all day erryday

D

Deleted member

I've never had a Christmas with snow. :p I've had birthdays with know though like this year, but that's only because I go to visit the mountains which are so nice. Most of my life has just been by the beach. Even when I vacation it's usually the Hawaiin islands.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've currently accumulated 15 Bottle Caps from that Festival Plaza exploit. Nighttime seems like the best time to make use because the chances of someone else hosting a Type-Matching mission are pretty high.

And since everyone else is doing it, here are my top favorite games (counting down):

18. Super Mario 64 DS
17. Super Mario Galaxy 2
16. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
15. Super Smash Bros for WiiU
14. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
13. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
12. Mario Kart Wii
11. Xenoblade Chronicles
10. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
9. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
8. Mario Kart 8
7. Pokemon Sun
6. Fire Emblem Awakening
5. Kirby: Planet Robobot
4. Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door
3. Fire Emblem Fates (all three versions)
2. Pokemon OmegaRuby
1. Pokemon Platinum

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
For me, I don't see Christmas as unimportant. It's been a little bit of a family tradition, but for as long as I can remember, we would get a picture of Santa Claus for my nan, and she always loves getting these pictures.

Regardless, I just hope that people out there realise that there's a fair amount of religious significance for this holiday, as opposed for it being a time to break out all the sales.
It's not even about the religious significance for me, it's just a nice time of togetherness.

I've never had a Christmas with snow. :p I've had birthdays with know though like this year, but that's only because I go to visit the mountains which are so nice. Most of my life has just been by the beach. Even when I vacation it's usually the Hawaiin islands.
Gotta do it with snow. You can do it without the snow, but it's just magical with it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Christmas is nice time for the year, even without the religious significance. The 1 week vacation between Christmas and New Year has just become more and more vital as I moved from high school to college.

Also a good excuse to ask for money to spend

D

Deleted member

There's never really been any religious significance to the holiday to me. It took me until my early teen years for me to find out it had anything to do with christianity, I just assumed it was just a fun thing to celebrate. And I did believe in Santa until the truth was obvious for me in my preteens, in fact I thought it revolved all around Santa and the north pole. :p I mean, really that is primarily what it is anyway. Which is fine because it's just a pagan holiday that christian missionaries and the catholic church anyway.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
It only snowed once where I lived actually. Christmas Day 2004. Needless to say, it was an unforgettable experience. Considering that snow is basically a hundred year phenomena where I live, I'll take it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So after several minutes of trade evolutions...

Melemele Pokedex-100%
Akala Pokedex-100%
Ula'Ula Pokedex-100%
Poni Pokedex-100%
Alola Pokedex-100%

And 1 Shiny Charm!

that's the first time I've completed the Regional dex since Generation 1...

Now of to finish my Ghost type run which I just started...
Tauriel

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I live in Canada so it always snows on Christmas every year.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Speaking of Christmas, I definitely need to re-watch some of that Grinch. It's easily my favorite Christmas special.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone on GTS had castform for Metang

Doesn't that person realize you can get Metang through poke pelago?

It's a lot easier to get Metang than Castform

Either way, I'm breeding castform now

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Anyway, to everyone who answered this Question, what are your top 10 games?

These are mine:

View attachment 122768

At 11 I'd put Halo 3, and at 12 I'd put Majora's Mask. 13 would probably be Metroid Prime Trilogy, 14 Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and from there it's really hard to kinda pin things down, as too many titles crop up.
  • Bayonetta 1/2
  • Bloodborne
  • Super Metroid/MP
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • Dota 2
  • Soul Calibur II
  • Okami
  • MGS2/MGR:R
  • SMB3/World
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Demon's Souls/DS1
  • Mario 64/Galaxy 1 and 2
  • DMC 1/3/4
  • TF2
  • RE4/HD 1
  • Eternal Darkness
  • FF7
  • Symphony of the Night
  • SFIII: Third Strike
Vague order to this.
My Good Hunters.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though this may seem pointless, I kind of wish we had Suplex as a new Fighting Type move for future Pokemon games.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For some reason I thought it was a move
Unless we count Seismic Toss as the Suplex, though it's described as a move that uses the power to flip the world or anything close.

But that's mostly a hyperbole than a Pokemon literally flipping the world with the planet's gravity.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I love in Detroit so its either really really really cold or really really really hot. Theres very few day were its inbetween

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tfw Magmar is actually based on a salamander (the mythological one) and a booby (the bird).

Yeah, Pokemon have some pretty interesting inspirations for their designs. Magmar sure as hell don't look like a bird to me.

D

Deleted member

Where I live, it's freezing cold during winter, and I at most only ever experienced one or two snowless Christmases.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tfw Magmar is actually based on a salamander (the mythological one) and a booby (the bird).

Yeah, Pokemon have some pretty interesting inspirations for their designs. Magmar sure as hell don't look like a bird to me.
It's got a weird beak. Not sure what to think of Magmortar though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Good old Magmar, doing duckface before it was cool.

Jokes aside, I knew it was partially based on a seabird (a duck), but not a booby. Those birds have more hooked beaks compared to a duck (which Magmar more resembles). The only clue towards that was its Japanese name Boober (or Magby's Japanese name Booby).

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Oh my god.... I got my Shiny Stufful after 58 eggs! It's so amazing! :love::love::love:

Her name is Caution, an attempt to be punny with the word Beware. :p

The only few downsides are that the one bad IV she got was in Special Defense, but that can be fixed with either a Bottle Cap or an Assault Vest. In addition, she ended up getting Klutz as her ability, so I will need to get an Ability Capsule in order to make her viable.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Good old Magmar, doing duckface before it was cool.

Jokes aside, I knew it was partially based on a seabird (a duck), but not a booby. Those birds have more hooked beaks compared to a duck (which Magmar more resembles). The only clue towards that was its Japanese name Boober (or Magby's Japanese name Booby).
He's got boobies on his head

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
TBH, plenty of Pokemon fans joked about his unfortunate Japanese name before. You can say his current expression represents how he feels about it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
TBH, plenty of Pokemon fans joked about his unfortunate Japanese name before. You can say his current expression represents how he feels about it.

"Why Game Freak, why did you give me such an embarrassing name in Japan?"

I feel sorry for Boo... eeerrr Magmar now. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Getting a good natured Tapu Fini took me 5 attempts (2 ended with Struggle, kek) and a total of 111 Balls, some of them were Beast Balls because I was enjoying the challenge.

24/10 would Will 'O Wisp again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Trading Castforms has been rapidly expanding the amount of pokemon I have

I think Goldeen is the only pokemon I don't have any form of

So... I decided to use more imagination on my name this time.

Also, Top 15 games:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Jak 2
  • Jak 3
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Kirby: Return to Dream Land
  • Pokemon HeartGold
  • Pokemon White
  • Pokemon Black 2
  • Pokemon Y
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Ratchet & Clank 2
  • Ratchet & Clank 3
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Honorable mentions (aka games I liked really much but beat in a couple of days): Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's Woolly World, Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If I worked at Pokémon Co. I would add a Lillie Plush to the line of dolls because that would print money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom