• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My next review, this time Uncharted 4.

2848570-uc4boxclean.jpg

For my first Uncharted game, it's fun but man the narrative is some of the most asinine stuff I've seen

This whole story is literally just Sam (Nathan's not dead brother) pretty much lying to everyone for a promise with Nate as kids to find the treasure that their mother was looking for.

Causing so much destruction and death was just crazy. Plus the story itself was really cheesy from stuff like Drake not being Nathan's real last name, Rafe being a psychopath not being explored upon until the last chapters and everyone lying to each other from Sam lying to Nathan and Nathan lying to Elena. Also it's hyper disappointing that there's no boss fight with Nadine and she just up and leaves with no comeuppance. I'm starting to think she's a Mary Sue.

That said the gameplay is decent, nothing to write home about but the stealth moments are great. And I unironically love the scripted moments
Graphics are amazing, score is fantastic and runs great.

It's a good game but sure as hell not the best game from this year or even the best PS4 game from this year

I'll give it a 8/10.

Last edited:
Without the intention of triggering Incineroar fans, I'm planning on trying out an Evolite Torracat due to its improved Speed. Yes, Incineroar is still more bulkier, but that's not the point. I personally love Torracat's design (and I also like Incineroar, I promise)
This is a lot of "dont shoot on sight" for something so basic

Especially because everyone knows Torracats design is amazing anyway. :p i would have one if pokemon was real at the very least

:061:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a topic for all of you:

Name one thing that you liked in your least favorite generation of Pokemon.

Here's mine as an example:

Kanto: Though far my favorite champions, I thought it was pretty cool how the champion battle turned out to be against your rival.
Diamond and Pearl has Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, Magmortar, Luxray and Dusknoir. So it can't be all bad.

Without the intention of triggering Incineroar fans, I'm planning on trying out an Evolite Torracat due to its improved Speed. Yes, Incineroar is still more bulkier, but that's not the point. I personally love Torracat's design (and I also like Incineroar, I promise) and I just want to see if this could work in the Battle Tree.

Nyah Dancer Nyah
Torracat@Evolite
Ability: Blaze (Release Intimidate damn it)
EVs: 252 Att/252 Spe/4 HP
Jolly Nature
Flare Blitz/Swords Dance/Leech Life/Crunch

The idea is to set up Swords Dance and sweep late game. Flare Blitz is Torracat's hardest hitting attack, and should always be used over every other Fire-Type attack. Flame Charge is the only option I would suggest but you'd want to go Adamant then and monkey with the EVs for a more defensive setup for additional survivability.

Leech Life is a magnificent boon for Litten's line, as it functions as a powerful physical recovery attack that can heal Torracat's HP while dealing damage. After SD, it will deal more damage, which means it will heal more health.

Crunch is the final attack. This hits Ghosts for super effective damage, and also hits Pokémon who resist Fire, such as Rock and Water. This is an Egg Move you can get by breeding the Litten line with the Growlithe line that has Crunch. You could also run Outrage, but bewear of Fairy-Type Pokémon and other Pokémon who resist it.
I don't think there's a reason to put a warning dude. It's a good choice for Evolite. Though I don't know if it'll be as good as Dusclops in that regard.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This is a lot of "dont shoot on sight" for something so basic

Especially because everyone knows Torracats design is amazing anyway. :p i would have one if pokemon was real at the very least

In respect, Incineroar fans can be really pissy about Evolite Torracat, so I'm just being clear that I'm not doing it because I dislike Incineroar's design.

But yeah, I really do love Torracat. Easily the best Cat Pokémon in terms of design.

I mean really. Look at it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
*sees Nintendo Switch conference time*

Well I'm rather worried how my chances of preordering it will go since it'll have to be preordered the following day if preorders open up immediately, but that doesn't seem SO bad.

*checks NeoGAF thread*

*the majority of the comments are Europeans fuming about the time frame as though they think it was a personal insult*

Ooooooof course. :/
Its funny, Australian's are always having to suck it up because events get aired usually between 2AM - 11AM.

The one time we get a good a decent time slot (3PM), the Europeans start crying about the event being being streamed so early and how Miyamoto and Kimishima are trying to screw over Europe because reasons??? Smh

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Excitebike got trademarked by Nintendo. EB joins WR in that group. If only a certain series initialed AW could join that rank.

Also Yooka Laylee got cancelled on the Wii U which i'm pretty salty about seeing as I had no plans to buy the Switch (at least not now) and that I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One. Maybe I outta look in to a PC version if that exists.

As for what @Coricus said i'm waiting for January to make my decision to buy or not to buy the Switch.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Its funny, Australian's are always having to suck it up because events get aired usually between 2AM - 11AM.

The one time we get a good a decent time slot (3PM), the Europeans start crying about the event being being streamed so early and how Miyamoto and Kimishima are trying to screw over Europe because reasons??? Smh
No matter the time of day, someone will suffer. Ain't that fun boys and girls?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I never use Eviolite or Everstones on a Pokemon I get.

Like, a faster and stronger Pokemon like Raichu would always be competitively better than a frail defenseless Pikachu. Not like Pikachu fans care about competitive Pokemon battles.

I would like a source on that Ura Ura . A new Excite game would be exciting.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Excitebike got trademarked by Nintendo. EB joins WR in that group. If only a certain series initialed AW could join that rank.

Also Yooka Laylee got cancelled on the Wii U which i'm pretty salty about seeing as I had no plans to buy the Switch (at least not now) an that I don't have a PS4 or and Xbox One. Maybe I outta look in to a PC version if that exists.

As for what @Coricus said i'm waiting for January to make my decision to buy or not to buy the Switch.
Excitebike confirmed for Smash.

kappa

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Also Yooka Laylee got cancelled on the Wii U which i'm pretty salty about seeing as I had no plans to buy the Switch (at least not now) an that I don't have a PS4 or and Xbox One. Maybe I outta look in to a PC version if that exists.

If it's anything like the Excite games in the early Wii cycle, that should be pretty alright then. But I'm a little more intrigued by Wave Race, given that it fills more of a niche as far as racing games go.

Like, a faster and stronger Pokemon like Raichu would always be competitively better than a frail defenseless Pikachu. Not like Pikachu fans care about competitive Pokemon battles.

Evolites give a pretty strong boost to defenses for un-evolved Pokemon. Though in most situations, it's not worth it I feel.

For Torrcat, while not a bulky as Incineroar, is at least able to take advantage of it's speed still being passable. It also has no weakness to Fighting types, but looses a Dark STAB. Personally, I think Incineroar is better still, due to still being bulkier and getting a second STAB, but Evolite Torrcat is a still legitimate choice.

Dusclops is the other big example, in that he was already pretty damn bulky, and got even bulkier than Dusknoir, making for a great wall to deal with.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy 10th anniversary to Megaman Star Force!
Star Force was a trilogy set in a distant future of the Battle Network series. Sadly, it never caught on with fans thanks to a set of factors like the seemingly "watered down" gameplay (which I disagree with), Megaman's new design looked silly to some (which is fair enough) and just the fact that it wasn't Battle Network, a series which was already on a steep decline thanks to a certain set of games.

Anyways, Star Force was pretty great for the most part. A solid start, a dwindling middle and an amazing end.

Star Force 3 not only perfected the gameplay, it gave a really good conclusion to an overarching story that had started back in the first game. Not to mention it also fixed a lot of issues people had with Battle Network, such as the characters remaining static through the 6 games.

I hope these games make it on the eShop one day, especially Star Force 3, which I consider not only to be a good Megaman game, but a good game in general.
His slight redesign in the third game was pretty much perfect. While having his hair sticking out is a little weird, I really like the visor on his costume. It's fairly unique among Mega Man characters and gives him something to stand out. Though I feel the second was better than the first.

I would like to see one of the Mega Man RPGs come back in one way or another. Either Battle Network or Starforce.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, some of the Christmas costumes are so much better than what a leak was hinting at! Nutcracker Zenyatta, Scrooge McCree, Frostbite Pharah, Reindeer Roadhog, etc....????

Yeti Winston is a reality!!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Porygon2 and Magneton say hi.
I didn't know that it was useful for Porygon2. I just figured Porygon-Z was used often that as it is. Though in hindsight, I should have figured that Magneton would put it to good use, given that it was built to be a final form for 3 gens in a row.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, some of the Christmas costumes are so much better than what a leak was hinting at! Nutcracker Zenyatta, Scrooge McCree, Frostbite Pharah, Reindeer Roadhog, etc....????

Yeti Winston is a reality!!!!
Pharah not getting a reindeer skin is ****ing stupid.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For Torrcat, while not a bulky as Incineroar, is at least able to take advantage of it's speed still being passable. It also has no weakness to Fighting types, but looses a Dark STAB. Personally, I think Incineroar is better still, due to still being bulkier and getting a second STAB, but Evolite Torrcat is a still legitimate choice.
Its very rare for an Evolite Pokémon to be actually better then its evolution, Dusclops for example is superior to Dusknoir. The reason why I'm trying Evolite on Torracat is because of its Speed, which yes, at 90 is relatively subpar but its usable in lower tiers.

But thats competitively speaking. This is just a Pokémon I'm training for Battle Tree usage. I would never fight others with it outside of NU.
I didn't know that it was useful for Porygon2. I just figured Porygon-Z was used often that as it is. Though in hindsight, I should have figured that Magneton would put it to good use, given that it was built to be a final form for 3 gens in a row.
Porygon2 is arguably the best user of Evolite because it has access to Recover and the powerful Boltbeam coverage moves. It also has Trace- allowing Porygon2 to copy the foe's ability.

D

Deleted member

Pikachu has the Light Ball though
And that is, what, a free 1.5× Atk and Sp.Atk boost? How does Raichu's stats even compare to Pikachu's?

I know the excite truck thing is exciting but just remember we had stuff like "Diddy Long" get trademarked a few months ago.

Trademarks dont necessarily mean games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know the excite truck thing is exciting but just remember we had stuff like "Diddy Long" get trademarked a few months ago.

Trademarks dont necessarily mean games.
I still hold out hope for DKC2 Extended: Diddy's Long Quest.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I love how you were talking about how hype you were for this and now you're just complaining about the lack of a reindeer cosmetic. :laugh:
Because the reindeer skin, I thought, would be one of the most likely costumes.

Pharah is a girl who flies around in the air as her main draw, reindeers fly around with Santa. It just made sense. But no. The fat **** is the one who gets the Rudolph skin. How does that make sense!?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because the reindeer skin, I thought, would be one of the most likely costumes.

Pharah is a girl who flies around in the air as her main draw, reindeers fly around with Santa. It just made sense. But no. The fat **** is the one who gets the Rudolph skin. How does that make sense!?
You truely have the TF2 syndrome inside of you. :troll:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yesterday I forgot to set up trades, but I was able to get a few things, including Litten and Popplio. Next week I hope to be able to trade again, so its time to go trade scouting.

I'm looking for two things specifically.
  1. 6IV Foreign Ditto (Nature irrelevant)
  2. Jolly Female Slush Rush Sandshrew (IVs are irrelevant. Would like it in a Dive Ball)
I'm also seeking GB caps and PokeRus. If you have these, please tag me. As for the Ditto, please note that I'm pretty poor at the moment in worthy trades. I will accepted hacked 6IV Ditto.
The ditto may be hard because of the bans going around.. though I can get a Pokemon with Pokerus, and jolly Slush rush Snowshrew. Although I currently only have Luxury ball with Slush Rush.

Porygon 2 with an eviolite though :yeahboi:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pikachu has the Light Ball though
And that is, what, a free 1.5× Atk and Sp.Atk boost? How does Raichu's stats even compare to Pikachu's?
Raichu's total base stats are 485 to Pikachu's 320. 110 Speed over 90. 80 Special Defense to Pikachu's 50. 60 HP to 35. 90 Special Attack to Pikachu's 50. 90 Attack to PIka's 55. No need to mention the Defense since it's not much of a hug difference.

Though you are right, a Light Ball Pikachu would give it a slight boost in Special Attack and Attack. But it can't take hits from bigger Pokemon like say, a Pangoro or a Rhydon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The ditto may be hard to get but I can get a Pokemon with Pokerus, and jolly Slush rush Snowshrew. Although I currently only have Luxury ball with Slush Rush.
Okay I'll deal with a Luxary Ball. So long as its Jolly Slush Rush Female, I'm good. What do you want for it?

Ivander

Smash Legend
You cannot understand and appreciate the beauty that is "The Big Red Bellybutton."

Also, people get on that. I want Roadhog/Rudolph references, as well as Big Red Button jokes.

Somebody replace the red button with Roadhog's Red Button. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Okay I'll deal with a Luxary Ball. So long as its Jolly Slush Rush Female, I'm good. What do you want for it?
Anything is fine lol though I will need to breed one of the snowshrews I have because I only have a male one in a luxury ball. (It has jolly though so it won't take long. And I won't be home until about 4:30ish Eastern time.)

D

Deleted member

Raichu's total base stats are 485 to Pikachu's 320. 110 Speed over 90. 80 Special Defense to Pikachu's 50. 60 HP to 35. 90 Special Attack to Pikachu's 50. 90 Attack to PIka's 55. No need to mention the Defense since it's not much of a hug difference.

Though you are right, a Light Ball Pikachu would give it a slight boost in Special Attack and Attack. But it can't take hits from bigger Pokemon like say, a Pangoro or a Rhydon.
Yeah, guess Light Ball is only there to make Red's Pikachu not a complete joke
Though looking at Serebii, it's actually a 2x boost so it can get slightly better attacking stats than Raichu

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom