• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ooh, if Grubbin's evo looks cool it might just be my electric type of this gen

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I have no idea how likely this is, but right now my theory is that this takes place some time after Ocarina in the Wind Waker timeline, but BEFORE the flood and it will somehow bridge some of the gaps in the story between Skyward Sword, Ocarina, and Wind Waker.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have no idea how likely this is, but right now my theory is that this takes place some time after Ocarina in the Wind Waker timeline, but BEFORE the flood and it will somehow bridge some of the gaps in the story between Skyward Sword, Ocarina, and Wind Waker.
Yup.

That's where the evidence points.

I'm just wondering how those Twilight Princess HD hints fit into this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Crap. I missed it....

I already love everything I'm hearing about it though. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of connections to Wind Waker here...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My favourite thing is how the world actually has level design. A lot of open world games lack it and so while the genre should be right up my alley, it usually isn't.

This game and Horizon though, actually look designed and you have a lot of abilities and stuff.

It's amazing.

Also you can create little "projects". Perfect. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Link can jump for the first time. And sprinting is back.
He was able to jump in Zelda II... hardly the first time.

Sprinting is back... so is the stamina meter... *sigh* They should have brought Pegasus Boots or Bunny Hood (Majora's Mask version) so we can run to our hearts' content.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Sprinting is back... so is the stamina meter... *sigh* They should have brought Pegasus Boots or Bunny Hood (Majora's Mask version) so we can run to our hearts' content.
Dude, this game is gonna be huge.

I'm sure you can find items like that.

The inventory looks like it has a lot of space.

Soul.

Fleur Cannon is definitely a Fairy-type move lol. Also really liking how Trainers are always in battle. It's as if Game Freak found a way to work around the 3DS' limitations.

But damn, Zelda. The game looks beautiful; probably gonna look a bit better on NX.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Why not both though?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is probably going to be a lot of clothing customization considering in the short time we saw he already found 2 different types of pants

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

There's also the Roc's Feather in some games, an item that enables Link to jump, though in that case the ability had rather limited uses compared to a "traditional" jumping mechanic.

The stamina meeter is something I'll be iffy on seeing again. I didn't care that much for it in Skyward Sword, but I didn't hate it either.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I love how the Koroks are back! :D Hopefully we will see some more old tribes return that haven't made more than one appearance in this game. (Rito's and Minish please?)

I'm personally thinking that this game might take place many years after Spirit Tracks. Perhaps at the point where the Great Sea is no more, revealing ancient Hyrule once more to the world.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
So meanwhile while all of you are talking about E3, I just got Planet Robobot from the mail. Playing it right now and I like what I see so far!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So.......

Where are the rupees? Are they gonna be much rarer now so that each purchase seems more important?

OR ARE THE NO RUPEES?!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I love how the Koroks are back! :D Hopefully we will see some more old tribes return that haven't made more than one appearance in this game. (Rito's and Minish please?)

I'm personally thinking that this game might take place many years after Spirit Tracks. Perhaps at the point where the Great Sea is no more, revealing ancient Hyrule once more to the world.
That's what I'm guessing too.

This Link is clearly the "hero", so it doesn't make much sense why he'd be pre-WW when there was no hero to save Hyrule.

Yes... equip both Pegasus Boots and Bunny Hood so Link can run faster than Sonic! :awesome:
I mean both stamina and speed items.

But we have horses anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There's also the Roc's Feather in some games, an item that enables Link to jump, though in that case the ability had rather limited uses compared to a "traditional" jumping mechanic.

The stamina meeter is something I'll be iffy on seeing again. I didn't care that much for it in Skyward Sword, but I didn't hate it either.
I tolerated the stamina meter but I couldn't stand the motion controls. Just give me the old-fashioned button to swing the sword and I am good to go... and it seems Zelda Wii U doesn't require motion controls for swinging swords... so it's a start.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Nintendo has sold me on an NX, at least.

Frame rate looks iffy on Wii U but I'm sure NX will fix that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a meter showing how much noise you are making?

Sneaking really important in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom