• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That actually was a very solid conference in my book.

I mean in terms of franchise power, none of the games they showed are part of an established franchise I care about. Aside from Tekken 7, that looks great.

But a lot of the new IPs and what not looked cool. And even though I don't care about Halo and Gears and the like, I'm sure the people who do are very happy with the announcements regarding various franchises.

I honestly think Sony will have a tough time topping this, unless they have some big bombshells up their sleeve (like Crash being more than just a Skylander).

EDIT: Also I have a 4K TV so Scorpio interests me (even though we have the Xbox One in my house). My brother will likely get it either way, though. I was actually a little disappointed that it's a year and a half away. Then again, that's plenty of time to save money in case I decide to get it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So Microsoft's conference was okay. Nothing mind blowing. Nothing that made me want to run to buy a One immediately.

I wonder if NX is taking note of Scorpio because part of me feels like Nintendo needs NX to be the most powerful system.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Really solid conference. Shame it all got leaked but at least there were multiple gameplay demos *coughEAcough*

Now to get RAAM and that HW2 beta.

OUR KNIGHTS WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN

I just realized we didn't get any more Crackdown footage did we?

That is one of 2 games from MS I care about (the other being Halo Wars)

It already got a reveal trailer at the last E3. WHERE THE **** ARE MY STEROID INFUSED FLYING SQUIRREL SUIT WEARING GUN TOTING SUPER SOLDIER COPS?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Recore, Dead Rising 4, Cuphead, We Happy Few, Sea of Thieves.

They actually showcased a few games that made me want to run to the system, maybe not enough for an immediate purchase, but all in all it was a solid show from them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone have the remaining E3 stream schedule on them?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Scorpio is known as the "MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER"

They aren't messing around.

Its gonna cost $599 USD, isn't it?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, I'm interested in Dead Rising 4 too.

I loved the first two (though still haven't completed the second - got it on Steam recently though so I will do it. I'm also watching the Game Grumps playthrough on it), but the third left an initial bad taste. Granted, it turned out to be a good game anyway, but it was missing some charm (aside from that DLC).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
PSA: Halo Wars 2 already has a season pass and Ultimate Edition which includes Halo Wars Definitive Edition.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tekken 7 is confirmed for PC, btw.

Mods should be cool to see.
Exciting news, though I will likely hold off on the PC version for a bit since fighting games and Japanese games in general have a bad habit of having poor PC ports that require unofficial tinkering to get working properly. Though Tekken 7 is using Unreal Engine 4, so there really shouldn't be any excuse in it's case.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Scorpio is known as the "MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER"

They aren't messing around.

Its gonna cost $599 USD, isn't it?
The MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE **** measuring contests have always been so obsolete when they will be outclassed by PC's in terms of power anyways. We don't wanna know about all that stuff, it's about the games man.

Last edited:

It is possible that by the end of the day I will have beat 2 Fire Emblem games. It has taken WAY too long to beat this game (a few years) but man is this hype. . .although I might be ****ed if Limstella was any indication. Almost no one could do anything to her >_>.

D

Deleted member

It is possible that by the end of the day I will have beat 2 Fire Emblem games. It has taken WAY too long to beat this game (a few years) but man is this hype. . .although I might be ****ed if Limstella was any indication. Almost no one could do anything to her >_>.
Did you get Renault on the last chapter? Don't worry if you didn't though, he's not that great but that Fortify staff
And don't worry too much about it, you get a unit that can trivialize the final(FINAL) boss if you still have a Luna tome
Also also, note for safety, that boss has 3 range

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
The MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE **** measuring contests have always been so obsolete when they will be outclassed by PC's in terms of power anyways. We don't wanna know about all that stuff, it's about the games man.
Seconded, but it feels like a constant bother to upgrade your PC all the time for just games. Windows honestly releases more versions than Nintendo and Xbox combined (figuratively speaking) and it feels like all the new good games just have to run for the hottest PC and you have to get it or else your game runs like hot ****. It's honestly less frequent and easier on me to just get consoles because they don't necessarily come out as fast. We all have our opinions and priorities, though. Just wishing I had a better PC, myself...
In some non-gaming related news.
That Hey Arnold TV film that was revealed a while ago, is officially the Jungle Movie.
Oh, hey, I was wondering about that. Glad they're finally gonna close off Hey Arnold with an actual ending.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Didn't catch the MS stream cuz I'm working...

Watching some of the trailers now though...

ReCore looks pretty awesome though...and...

WHAT? THE ROBOT DOG'S NAME IS MACK?
Had a black lab named Mack who died around 10 years ago :( RIP my old friend...

I actually kinda got choked up when I saw that...Actually kinda fitting he's the 'Explorer' since my dog liked to wander off all the time...he would always return with some random dead animal or end up getting himself into trouble, the mischief maker...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Here's some new Injustice 2 gameplay:

Looks good. Batman and Aquaman pretty much have the same movesets.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Imo Microsoft kinda let the competition look into their cards, by announcing the Scorpio now.

Nintendo not revealing the NX at E3, is now in my eyes, a pretty smart move, because now they won't be overshadowed by the hype of this "super console" and they can sell us on the NX in a future Direct

Sony also is going to wait with revealing the PS4 Neo, which kinda gives me flashbacks in how Sony curbstomped the original Xbox One reveal, where Sony waited for Microsoft to reveal the price of the Xbox One and then announcing that their PS4 would be cheaper then it

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They don't even care about PC, they just wanna beat Sony and that all it matters to them.

Crackdown got delayed.
Son of a *****.

Did you get Renault on the last chapter? Don't worry if you didn't though, he's not that great but that Fortify staff
And don't worry too much about it, you get a unit that can trivialize the final(FINAL) boss if you still have a Luna tome
Also also, note for safety, that boss has 3 range
So the final level is the first time I get to use dark magic.

Lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was trying to add a Shadow the Hedgehog mod to Smash and I think I done goofed.

In waiting on some stuff though, I played some Smash Run to pass time and man, I wish it was on Wii U.

I hope Wii U modding gets to a point where we can make more levels like the Master Fortress or something. That would be amazing. I don't recall any modding to Subspace Emissary levels happening with Brawl, which was a shame.

Chrono.

"Overwatch feels like it's skewed to an anime-fan type vibe" Of course mother****ing Cliffy B would say this.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
In some non-gaming related news.
That Hey Arnold TV film that was revealed a while ago, is officially the Jungle Movie.
WHAAAAAT.
We're actually gonna find out what happened to Arnold's parents? Had no idea plans for a movie were even revealed a while back.

----

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We Happy Few looks right up my alley.

Probably my favorite thing I've seen so far.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Kirby Planet Robobot thoughts!
Main story!
Surprisingly well thought out in terms of story quality, an invasion by the Haltmann Works Company, who's ultimate goal is to bring back Haltmann's daughter back from the dead despite the fact he never knew she was alive. Best quality writing in a Kirby game so far
Graphics!
Absolutely beautiful. Especially World 2,5 and 6. Lots of new level themes Kirby has never really explored in the past, so it stands out even more
Music!
It's a Kirby game so good music is a must, and Robobot hasn't failed to deliver! Lots of new catchy themes and great remixes!
Gameplay!
Truly the best game yet, loads of new puzzles, unique level design, well hidden collectibles, more challenging boss fights and fun copy abilities. Robobot Armour also feels fantastic to play with, though it's a shame how little you get to use some copy abilities in it, Mike can only be in used about 3 stages total, but man, this is fun!
Extra modes!
MetaKnightmare Returns is REALLY good, it's just like the Super Star Ultra version, only Meta Knight plays a bit more differently than Sword Kirby, and it's really fun Shuttle Looping everywhere! Team Kirby Clash is really fun, very unique subgame and the D&D look given to the abilities is really charming, wish I could have used those in the main game! Kirby 3D Rumble is simply astonishing, I REALLY hope that this is the kind of feel a true 3D Kirby game will have, the control is absurdly smooth! The Arena's been given an extra change, now, you get a healing item every round, meaning it's more forgiving than usual. However, True Arena is ball bustingly hard. You sometimes get a cherry every round, have to fight 2 of the bonus bosses in a row without a break and the EX Star Dream is incredibly tough, then there's the Star Dream OS, don't get me started on that! You don't get a break when fighting Star Dream's phases, so if you need to heal you need to use amiibo, which the game then puts on your record so you know you cheated.
100% completion bonus!
You get to use UFO Kirby without an amiibo! This is great, as it means you don't need to buy an amiibo to use it! You also get a bonus video of Susie singing the boss theme, which is quite charming too!
9.5/10. It's still got the Kirby problem of being rather short and a bit easy, but I spent over 15 hours, and I'd gladly do it again for this masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom