• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So here's a recap of what Nintendo has announced for E3:

- The Legend of Zelda XIX
- Pokémon Sun & Moon
- Pokémon GO
- Monster Hunter Generations
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
- Nintendo eShop sale

Too bad we don't have confirmation if there's more surprises to indeed expect but let's hope for the best.

Feels weird the Nintendo Treehouse Live is the only confirmed stream.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
Where's my release date for RH: Megamix?
Tomorrow marks the anniversary of the japanese release, it's been nearly 3 months since it was announced to be localized.

Chrono.

Man.
Where's my release date for RH: Megamix?
Tomorrow marks the anniversary of the japanese release, it's been nearly 3 months since it was announced to be localized.
E3, most likely.

I mean why else would they hold it back?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
D

Deleted member

This is the 7th turn of this

The amount of ****s Oswin gives is less than zero
That is the exact reason why I found that chapter to be easy, I basically just sent Oswin and Hector up north and everyone else whever.

Though still not as broken as Ike in path of radiance once he gets ragnell, the final chapters of the game are easier with less characters as a result so you don't have to worry about them dying and rather just have broken units like Ike and Nasir solo everything.

For Nintendo's E3, I'm most interested in Zelda XIX and Pokémon (Sun & Moon, not GO).

For Microsoft's E3, I'm most interested in the next character in Killer Instinct.

What about you guys?
As far as things announced, just Pokemon Sun & Moon and Monster Hunter Generations.

Burruni

Smash Hero
E3, most likely.

I mean why else would they hold it back?
To spite me.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/...on-count-dynamic-weather-theme-been-revealed/

Not sure if this has been posted before but there's a Zelda(2017) rumour that there will only be 4 main dungeons and over 100 mini dungeons like Skyrim with the main quest.

If this is true, I wouldn't mind it as long as it's made up with a lot of sidequests like Majora's Mask which also had only 4 main dungeons.
If this is true I'm probably going to be upset.
Because Majora's Mask is the weakest 3D Zelda to me and my multiple attempts to get into Skyrim left me bored fairly quickly.

Chrono.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/...on-count-dynamic-weather-theme-been-revealed/

Not sure if this has been posted before but there's a Zelda(2017) rumour that there will only be 4 main dungeons and over 100 mini dungeons like Skyrim with the main quest.

If this is true, I wouldn't mind it as long as it's made up with a lot of sidequests like Majora's Mask which also had only 4 main dungeons.
I mean, I wouldn't mind.

I'm just concerned over the main world and how it's gonna operate.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I know Eiji Aonuma stated he was playing Skyrim around the same time Zelda XIX was announced.

I haven't played Skyrim so I don't know what to expect from Zelda if this rumor is true.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is the least hype I've ever been for E3. It feels really strange.

I'm sure Zelda and whatever else is shown will be cool, but once they announced there wouldn't be a direct I kinda just took the whole thing off my calendar.

My hype lies in wait for the NX event. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is the least hype I've ever been for E3. It feels really strange.

I'm sure Zelda and whatever else is shown will be cool, but once they announced there wouldn't be a direct I kinda just took the whole thing off my calendar.

My hype lies in wait for the NX event. :p
Same here.

The fact I'm not making a BINGO sheet this year shows I'm really not hyped this time around.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's strange not being as hyped for E3... last year, I was so excited, I dreamed a Nintendo Direct.

DKC Maker looked cool. :laugh:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chapter 25 of Birthright is just insane.

Like this isn't challenging in the good kind of way, it's just dumping loads of enemy reinforcements on you right from the get go, and you have barely any room to move. And they are all mostly Great Knights who can wield every weapon colour.

I DID beat it, but not without sacrificing most of my squad. So I will reset. At least I know how insane it is. I think I might grind for this one. Less for levels, and more for money to buy weapons and tonics.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

- Skyrim
Please no. That game was only enjoyable with mods and even then it was still dull. But a Zelda spin might fix the numerous issues I had with Skyrim.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231539

Skylanders website may have spilled the beans about Crash.

If nothing else, this thread is HILARIOUS.
Can there please be a proper Crash game announced alongside this without the Titan/Mutant bull**** please?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On Miiverse, I posted I feel no hope for this year's E3. One kinda agrees with me and then there's... this:

e3 fail.png

This is the most painful unrealistic high expectations I've ever seen.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
@Annuga is are little bet still on about them releasing mother 3 for the virtual console this year?Because im almost certain there gonna show it at E3

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Crash appearing in Skylanders sounds like a ****post someone would make on 4chan as a fake leak.

Little did we know that Activision are crazy enough to do it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They did Batman twice as well if I remember...
Vs. Spiderman
Vs. Captain America
And Charizard.

Vs :003:&:009:

And VS Greymon

And there's Leonardo where faced against all 3 of his brothers and then Zitz from Battletoads.

Outside of revisits and remakes, three fighters got more than on match. Most cases to give a losing fighter a second chance (Batman).

Shadow is probably gonna fight Mewtwo just for a better chance against someone since Vegeta curbstomped him.

Only other characters I think they'll revisit is Wolverine, Ryu and probably Wonder Woman

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And Charizard.

And VS Greymon

And there's Leonardo where faced against all 3 of his brothers and then Zitz from Battletoads.

Outside of revisits and remakes, three fighters got more than on match. Most cases to give a losing fighter a second chance (Batman).

Shadow is probably gonna fight Mewtwo just for a better chance against someone since Vegeta curbstomped him.

Only other characters I think they'll revisit is Wolverine, Ryu and probably Wonder Woman
Charizard also got beat both times so I don't have much hope for Shadow

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I dunno about you guys but I actually like the idea of technology VS fantasy in the game. Sounds something innovative for the franchise IMO.

As for what i'm excited to see at E3, not much. It's a shame really because a couple of months ago everyone was expecting this E3 to be some blowaway event full of hype and now it's so dry and dull people just want this event to be over and done with, me included. So really it's just Zelda, FF7R, and maybe Pokemon that i'm looking forward to. Couldn't give a damn about any of the titles Nintendo has revealed already.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231539

Skylanders website may have spilled the beans about Crash.

If nothing else, this thread is HILARIOUS.
A while back my friend who used to like skylanders talked about putting Crash in Skylanders and saying it's going to happen. I can't help but laugh and also be sad at the same time.

Gotta admit this gif is making me laugh way to hard.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
At least we won't berate Nintendo for setting our expectations too high. :laugh:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Another thing this disappoints me about E3. The fact that instead of a Crash revival we can be in for Crash being absorbed in to Skylanders whilst keeping his godawful redesign from the post-Travllers Tales era. Don't rule that possibility out.
At least we won't berate Nintendo for setting our expectations too high. :laugh:
This is legitimately the only upside to all of this. Nintendo knows their showing at last year's E3 left something to be desired and so instead of having another Digital Event they scalled down their presence at E3, only taking about 2 games that are impossible to screw up, whilst showing off games people already know about. All of this just so they can intentionally get our hopes down.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And Charizard.

And VS Greymon

I mean...one matchup that has been debated about a lot is Samus vs. Master Chief...(rip monty oum)...It's actually kinda surprising that they haven't covered this yet, especially since they both won their respective DBs...

Also Hulk vs. Superman would be a good one to see...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My thoughts on the Crash thing that I posted on a Skylanders forum:

I will be absolutely fine with Crash in Skylanders if it's more a Bowser/DK situation, and he's getting his own big new game on PS4 anyway.

But if it's another Spyro situation where they just absorb him and don't put him in his own games, then holy **** this would be Nintendo-tier tone deafness.

It wouldn't be so bad either if it weren't for the years and years of teasing they've been doing about Crash. But if all that comes out of this is Crash in Skylanders and nothing else, then man this might literally be one of the biggest gaming disappointments of the decade.
People are already kinda trying to defend the idea, lol.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean...one matchup that has been debated about a lot is Samus vs. Master Chief...(rip monty oum)...It's actually kinda surprising that they haven't covered this yet, especially since they both won their respective DBs...

Also Hulk vs. Superman would be a good one to see...
I don't think DB will ever do Superman again after the two Goku fights where they pretty much said Superman has infinite power due to the infinite mass stuff.
Hulk's better suited to Doomsday honestly.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Gotta admit this gif is making me laugh way to hard.

Y U do dis? :cry:

Crash doesn't deserve the same BS fate as Spyro. Then they would be sold out as permanent Skylanders fodder forever.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't think DB will ever do Superman again after the two Goku fights where they pretty much said Superman has infinite power due to the infinite mass stuff.
Hulk's better suited to Doomsday honestly.
Fair point...Superman and Goku have been kind of worn out due to the controversy behind their DB's....

Hulk def needs to show up at some point though...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It'll be okay, guys. Crash is just going to Skylanders to break Spyro out of prison, so that they can run away to Sony and resume their previous lives.

At least that's what I want to believe.

D

Deleted member

From a business perspective I can understand the decision to put Crash in Skylanders. Whereas Skylanders has been a huge hit and is pretty much guaranteed to sell, the same can't be said for Crash since he fell out of the public eye years ago. At the same time, I'm sure Activision and Sony notice the demand for Crash and are willing to throw his fans a bone, which might in turn get more people into Skylanders.

Not that I wanted this to happen to begin with, but at least Crash is being acknowledged for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom