• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Crazy idea about the Mario game. They made a point to show that the lady had her Mario amiibos out.

What if you can scan in the Mario character you wanna play via amiibo from...

Nah, that'd be too good, and give Daisy and Waluigi fans a bone. Never gonna happen.

Scratch that thought.

D

Deleted member

I've remarked quite of a resemblance between the Switch console:

And that old and famous Project Café prototype:

Don't you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
so form software is maing games on the switch....nintendo i swear if your letting them make a souls style game set in the kid icarus universe like i thought you should ima lose it
I would love KI but not Souls style oh no.

But graphically yeh why not. Love fantasy castles ect. Just don't play like a souls game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Give it 17 minutes and we'll see if Nintendo Switch is at the end of the Red Dead trailer.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really hope there's a new Smash Bros game that builds upon the Wii U version that has content from both the Wii U and 3DS versions and has like 12-15 new characters that comes out in Holiday 2017.

Also I really hope Advance Wars NX is a thing within a year. The concept of the Nintendo Switch is perfect for AW with being able to play at home and on the go as well as playing your custom maps with friends on the go. With Fire Emblem getting a mobile game next year this is the perfect opportunity for both Nintendo and Intelligent Systems to launch Advance Wars NX and let it make a huge comeback.

D

Deleted member

The Nintendo Switch.... Off....

Nah, just kidding, it looks pretty cool.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Wonder why the screen would be hidden here. Does this limit the possibility of it playing Wii U games (I know it uses carts but digital is a thing)?
I guess you could take it out of the dock, unless it absolutely has to be in there for the game to be on the TV.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Double item slots are back.
From what I can tell, it looks like the Koopalings, Metal Mario and what I think is Baby Mario are back (As well as Toad, King Boo and Mario himself of course).
Can't really tell if it's an updated port or sequel though. Guess I'll probably have to look back at the original Mario Kart 8, either that, or it's like Mario Kart Wii where they reused some of the assets from Double Dash and all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The initial concept is to port everything from the last console and call it a "line up" ?
I really don't get the hype. Maybe it's because I don't like portable gaming, but it's just the Wii U concept again, but now a final project while the Wii U was something stupid to begin with (play without using your tv... but don't go to the next room because "Communication problems")
What?
Wii U ports shown:
-BotW
-MK8
Non-Wii U ports:
-Skyrim
New games shown:
-Mario Switch
-Splatoon 2
And it's not like we're gonna casually get some exciting new game in this trailer

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So...if the Switch can get:

Overwatch
Street Fighter V
Injustice 2
Fallout 4
Mass Effect Andromeda
a future Grand Theft Auto
a future Dragon Age
Destiny 2
Final Fantasy 15

Then I don't need to somehow magically spring money for both this and the PS4. That would be ideal...yes...Overwatch on the Switch would be the best thing ever.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
What?
Wii U ports shown:
-BotW
-MK8
Non-Wii U ports:
-Skyrim
New games shown:
-Mario Switch
-Splatoon 2
And it's not like we're gonna casually get some exciting new game in this trailer
We got a three second view about a new Mario game, that I wish was a Super Mario Galaxy, but it looks like another one in the 3DLand route. And Splatoon 2 showed exactly Splatoon with a arena full of people cheering.
I'm glad with Splatoon because is recognizing e-sports someway, and maybe it's a good signal to competitive Smash.
I'm almost always on the hype train, not today.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It also seems the Switch will be the first Nintendo console to not feature a traditional D-pad.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Considering Masuda's retweet last night, and the ports/sequels of some Wii U games.

Perhaps a Pokken port might happen.

D

Deleted member

NO REGION LOCK MOTHER****ERS
Brb, gonna learn japanese so I don't have to wait for Atlus localisation cycles
You all are happy and Im just ruining it by being dumb and sad.
Sorry
I'mma slap u in the face if u try to apolgize for nothing
You're not to blame for anything
We got a three second view about a new Mario game, that I wish was a Super Mario Galaxy, but it looks like another one in the 3DLand route. And Splatoon 2 showed exactly Splatoon with a arena full of people cheering.
I'm glad with Splatoon because is recognizing e-sports someway, and maybe it's a good signal to competitive Smash.
I'm almost always on the hype train, not today.
That still doesn't make them ports, even if you don't like them

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I really hope there's a new Smash Bros game that builds upon the Wii U version that has content from both the Wii U and 3DS versions and has like 12-15 new characters that comes out in Holiday 2017.

Also I really hope Advance Wars NX is a thing within a year. The concept of the Nintendo Switch is perfect for AW with being able to play at home and on the go as well as playing your custom maps with friends on the go. With Fire Emblem getting a mobile game next year this is the perfect opportunity for both Nintendo and Intelligent Systems to launch Advance Wars NX and let it make a huge comeback.
>Smash 4 Switch
i want to believe
I WANT TO BELIEVE

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
NO REGION LOCK MOTHER****ERS
Good, the censorship babies can finally shut up instead of whining about how it's impossible to play the original Japanese copy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

It also seems the Switch will be the first Nintendo console to not feature a traditional D-pad.
Check the trailer, it has a D-Pad on its new Pro Controller.

Although I will expect them to release an attachment for a D-Pad as well in the future

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

No traditional D-pad but the pro(?) controller shown in the video had a traditional D-pad.
switch pro.PNG

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
since atlus is a partner, does that mean i might be able to play persona 5 if they port it
Nope. P5 is 100% PlayStation exclusive (as in PS3/4 only)

Until I see Potter-Kun on Xbox One or Steam page then don't expect a Switch Port

However expect Monster Hunter Switch

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Its D-pad was switched to buttons because each side can be used as an individual controller for some games...would be awkward if it were the + pad...

Has a proper controller with the + pad anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom