• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Kind of tired of people spouting that the ballot is a "suggestion box." While it's not a pure popularity contest, it's not a pure suggestion box either. The amount of votes DO matter. It's not like I can vote Bomberman and Sakurai will be like "hey, I know only .05% of votes are for Bomberman, but that's a great suggestion! I like that character and will add him!"
See, the issue is that people are acting like popularity is the most important factor. Characters like K. Rool, Inkling and Shantae, who have major roadblocks and some in-game clues against their inclusion, are viewed as frontrunners just because they do well in polls and are on a lot of wishlists. There's nobody saying "It's all suggestions and popularity doesn't matter!".

I dunno about the others, but whenever I use the "It's a suggestion box" line, it's always in response to someone saying "<insert popular character here> is a shoo-in! They're popular!" or "Why isn't <insert popular character here> in!? They're highly wanted, the ballot's a sham!".

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn I got a question

Was Lucas really considered over Ness during Melee's development or was that a rumor?

I didn't remember it being in your article
Trying to settle an argument with a friend.
He was planned. if it wasn't for MOTHER 3's being stuck in development hell, then Lucas would have replaced Ness. Full sources are in that article. Bookmark it :).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
New Triforce Heroes trailer.

I think this is definitely evidence towards Directs being gone (at least for now).
This is actually the "introduction" trailer. It goes into the story a bit.

Basically, there's some evil magic that turns the beautiful princess into an 'embarrassing' state.

"Introduction" trailers always existed outside of directs, but yeah...directs would usually have a shorter version of these trailers.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
In another news, I am really bad at Splatoon and the fuc...ng roller is the most overpowered sh... I have seen, from rank B+ to B-.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
New Triforce Heroes trailer.

I think this is definitely evidence towards Directs being gone (at least for now).
So they're really gonna pull a PAC-MAN and reveal the ballot fighters over Miiverse again
OH BOY
*walks off cliff*

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is actually the "introduction" trailer. It goes into the story a bit.

Basically, there's some evil magic that turns the beautiful princess into an 'embarrassing' state.

"Introduction" trailers always existed outside of directs, but yeah...directs would usually have a shorter version of these trailers.
Looks like Zelda, Ganon and technically Link aren't there.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I dunno what you're talking about. :troll:

Ganon not being there doesn't surprise me honestly.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Fashion Demon thing for Smash? Considering that things apparent goals, I can't see Ganon hijacking the plot this time, unless the princess's clothes contained the Triforce of Clothes or something.

The real question is why couldn't they have just added a Purple Link and called it a Four Sword game?

Chrono.

Fashion Demon thing for Smash? Considering that things apparent goals, I can't see Ganon hijacking the plot this time, unless the princess's clothes contained the Triforce of Clothes or something.

The real question is why couldn't they have just added a Purple Link and called it a Four Sword game?
Because the Four Sword isn't present here.

Plus I think they said something about a 4-man Totem Pole being too big.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Potential theory on who the bad guy is:

If you notice in the trailer, the "evil" spirit wears sunglasses. So does Madam Tailor [Not sure on English name. The person that makes clothes]. It could be the red herring villain though.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
iirc the developer said at E3 2015 that (loose remembering) 4 Links would get too confusing, totem-wise, as everything would have to be more high up than it already is

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Because the Four Sword isn't present here.

Plus I think they said something about a 4-man Totem Pole being too big.
They obviously would have thrown in the Four Sword if they did want to have, well, a Four Sword gameplay. And looking at this trailer, a 4-man Totem Pole looks like it would have worked fine. I guess the puzzles WOULD get confusing though.

This Zelda discussion reminds me of a dream I had last night. I was watching a new trailer for Hyrule Warriors 3DS, and they were going into detail about each of the characters. They showed off Toon Zelda as another new character, but then when they got to Tetra she was referred to as "Benjamin". I don't know why. Even my dream self found it odd. I thought maybe it was the Japanese name or something.

I'm not kidding. I'm really weird.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
So yesterday Monster Musume anime had a MGS reference after MGSV released. Now, today's episode of Himouto! Umaru-chan had an Ace Attorney reference after Ace Attorney 6 was announced. What a coincidence, anime sure has great timing. There was also a Danganronpa reference in the same scene, which is perfect. It even had a remix of the cornered theme. Funny thing was, the whole thing was about 'who ate the pudding'. AA anime, when?
"Hold it!"

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Potential theory on who the bad guy is:

If you notice in the trailer, the "evil" spirit wears sunglasses. So does Madam Tailor [Not sure on English name. The person that makes clothes]. It could be the red herring villain though.
Noticed that myself. Maybe she's related to the villain.

Soul.

This is interesting. Not sure if you guys have heard of this, but apparently it seems like the Grovyle, Celebi and Dusknoir from Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky do make an appearance in Super Mystery Dungeon via the Connection Orb. I guess this means they'll ask you to do things for them.

inb4 fake, dreams crushed

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
He was planned. if it wasn't for MOTHER 3's being stuck in development hell, then Lucas would have replaced Ness. Full sources are in that article. Bookmark it :).
Thanks, mate.

I was kinda confused but I did re-read the article.

Although, I believe we might have more development news behind Smash 4 pre-release over characters and scrapped content, I feel like there's more than what we know now but that my belief that we might have a few more considered characters than before and even extra scrapped content like some extra modes

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Thanks, mate.

I was kinda confused but I did re-read the article.

Although, I believe we might have more development news behind Smash 4 pre-release over characters and scrapped content, I feel like there's more than what we know now but that my belief that we might have a few more considered characters than before and even extra scrapped content like some extra modes
Most definitely, I'm updating this post every month right now with new stuff we find.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I still really need to play the Mystery Dungeon games.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I highly recommend you at least play Explorers.

It's my favorite in the Pokemon series as a whole, as far as story, characters, and settings go.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Very late, but i wanna join on the pokemon fun, so I read push's thing so im like okay not a dewott.

So I took a quiz. "You are a pikachu" "You're cute, cuddly, and everyone loves you. Maybe it's your electric personality!"

Ha, bs. everyone knows i'm a....

because thats all I do... I Go...lurk...get it? :4pacman:also i'm a klutz and i'm a wall on the inside.. strong personality and what not

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If we're talking Pokemon than I'm obviously a :078:

Except I'd more than likely be Riolu or Eevee.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So yesterday Monster Musume anime had a MGS reference after MGSV released. Now, today's episode of Himouto! Umaru-chan had an Ace Attorney reference after Ace Attorney 6 was announced. What a coincidence, anime sure has great timing. There was also a Danganronpa reference in the same scene, which is perfect. It even had a remix of the cornered theme. Funny thing was, the whole thing was about 'who ate the pudding'. AA anime, when?
"Hold it!"

That last picture is a Danganronpa reference to Monokuma...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Explorers games are the best of the bunch, I recommend going for Sky since it's the "Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum" of the games. Lots of delicious extras in it.
The original is still great but be sure to play the DS version. GBA version is cluttered as hell.
I wouldn't bother with Gates to Infinity since SMD looks to be everything that game should have been.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
See, the issue is that people are acting like popularity is the most important factor. Characters like K. Rool, Inkling and Shantae, who have major roadblocks and some in-game clues against their inclusion, are viewed as frontrunners just because they do well in polls and are on a lot of wishlists. There's nobody saying "It's all suggestions and popularity doesn't matter!".

I dunno about the others, but whenever I use the "It's a suggestion box" line, it's always in response to someone saying "<insert popular character here> is a shoo-in! They're popular!" or "Why isn't <insert popular character here> in!? They're highly wanted, the ballot's a sham!".
Exactly. It's definitely way more a suggestion box than it is a popularity contest. I mean I doubt Sakurai will go with someone that only gets like 15 votes because he liked the idea, but they are definitely not going with like "the Top 3 characters in the ballot are definitely in".

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ok boys I got a GENEYES idea.....STRAIGHT from the thinker...

Leakthreadmon

it's us but in pokemon
Someone once told me I remind them of
357.gif
because of my green hair motif. Perhaps I am also a provider of fruit? Dunno.

I've never played with one, but I can kind of see the resemblance. I'd prefer :043::044::045: though.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd definitely recommend Explorers of Sky, that's an incredible game. It improves on the good points of the original, fixes the flaws it had, gives an excellent story with great characters, and expands on the original content of Time/Darkness by giving you so much more to do (character specific episodes, new legendary/forms to hunt for, etc.). It's easily one of the best the series has ever offered and is quite a joy to play, I never regretted picking that game up.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'd definitely recommend Explorers of Sky, that's an incredible game. It improves on the good points of the original, fixes the flaws it had, gives an excellent story with great characters, and expands on the original content of Time/Darkness by giving you so much more to do (character specific episodes, new legendary/forms to hunt for, etc.). It's easily one of the best the series has ever offered and is quite a joy to play, I never regretted picking that game up.
And don't forget that delicious, DEEEELICIOUS soundtrack.

Soul.

Gates is not Sonic Boom levels of bad, but it really was underwhelming compared to Rescue Team and Explorers. It seemed like everything got nerfed lol.

Super Mystery Dungeon better be good, with a story as great as Explorers. Rescue Team's story was decent though. that vs. Rayquaza song

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Gates is not Sonic Boom levels of bad, but it really was underwhelming compared to Rescue Team and Explorers. It seemed like everything got nerfed lol.

Super Mystery Dungeon better be good, with a story as great as Explorers. Rescue Team's story was decent though. that vs. Rayquaza song
Having the entire roster of Pokémon and possibly even visiting past areas (if the map is any indication) makes me think it'll almost certainly be amazing.

Soul.

Having the entire roster of Pokémon and possibly even visiting past areas (if the map is any indication) makes me think it'll almost certainly be amazing.
Last I checked, Explorers had every Pokémon except Arceus. I don't think Shaymin was in Time/Darkness, but it definitely was in Sky.
I really hope so, but then again there's the doubt. We'll see how things go when it releases in a few weeks.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last I checked, Explorers had every Pokémon except Arceus. I don't think Shaymin was in Time/Darkness, but it definitely was in Sky.
I really hope so, but then again there's the doubt. We'll see how things go when it releases in a few weeks.
I mostly mean compared to Gates and it's pitiful roster. We've got all 700+ Pokémon so far, which is amazing.
I honestly don't have many doubts. But yeah, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom