• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I've been thinking about this for a little while. We technically have 4 Third-Party characters in the game so far(Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man and Ryu) as well have one more being rumored on the way (Shovel Knight). Now, the next Smash Bros. game might have to limit on how many 3rd party characters it has. So some might get cut in the next iteration.

Why do I feel like Sakurai would keep Sonic, Mega Man and theoretically Shovel Knight (if he's added into the game) and cut Pac-Man and Ryu? It would probably be a thing Sakurai would do as we've seen in the roster choices XD.

I don't really know, it's just a weird and random thought I had lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So... I've been thinking about this for a little while. We technically have 4 Third-Party characters in the game so far(Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man and Ryu) as well have one more being rumored on the way (Shovel Knight). Now, the next Smash Bros. game might have to limit on how many 3rd party characters it has. So some might get cut in the next iteration.

Why do I feel like Sakurai would keep Sonic, Mega Man and theoretically Shovel Knight (if he's added into the game) and cut Pac-Man and Ryu? It would probably be a thing Sakurai would do as we've seen in the roster choices XD.

We won't have to wait long before we find if Shovel Knight is in or not, but I don't know, I feel he'd keep Mega Man, Ryu, and Pac-Man, while cutting Sonic and (If it's true) Shovel Knight, but that's just me.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

> Pac-Man getting cut
> Ever

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Sakurai is a Street Fighter fan, and if SK is in then he must like him (unless he was forced somehow). I don't think he'd limit 3rd parties unless maybe there's massive fan demand for less 3rd parties, which would be weird, IMO.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There was a problem fetching the tweet
He just cancelled his preorder of Xenoblade X for Yo-Kai Watch.
Get ready guys. :cool:
Couldn't he just get both, or is YKW really coming like a tidal wave like that person on Twitter said, hmm... I say we prepare for the storm guys. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I ever do this. . .kill me. I've been possessed and I need to be stopped.
We will have the purification seance ready....

I do have to say I'm impressed with how big Yokai watch is getting. While it doesn't appeal to me as much, I am happy for the fans of it that it is being so publicized.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Couldn't he just get both, or is YKW really coming like a tidal wave like that person on Twitter said, hmm... I say we prepare for the storm guys. :troll:
YKW is actually a pretty huge game in Japan and I know people elsewhere in the world that imported the other ones because it's a lot of fun. Xenoblade is getting extremely mixed reviews and the characters are way uglier than their Xenoblade Chronicles counterparts (which is really sad considering they're HD and muuuuuch higher poly).

I don't blame that guy for cancelling his pre-order. I'd much prefer a re-release of Chronicles on the Eshop than X.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
There was a problem fetching the tweet
He just cancelled his preorder of Xenoblade X for Yo-Kai Watch.
Get ready guys. :cool:
This is part of Nintendo's advertisement. He's been paid to do so!
(or maybe he cancelled X because he wants the special edition or something).

Chrono.

So, it came to my attention that, despite being into the PSX-era mascots, I completely skipped out on the PS2-era mascots (Except for Sly 3 which is the only game of them I've played, and it's one of my favorite games but..).

So I'm thinking of investing in getting all 3 HD remasters for them (Jak/R&C/Sly). Not at the same time obviously.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mario Tennis Stuff
yay
upload_2015-11-2_19-7-3.png

Green = All-Around
Blue = Speed
Yellow = Technique
Red = Power
Purple = Tricky
White = Defense
? = Unconfirmed, just a guess (Waluigi, Bowser Jr. and Dry Bowser were taken from their past appearences, Toadette and Sprixie are N/A)

Dry Bowser might be the only Defense Character
Or they might just ditch Defense entirely
RIP

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

If he was paid to do so, he wouldn't be canceling his pre-order of Nintendo's Xenoblade Chronicles X in the first place. :smirk:
This image has Bill Cipher so I approve! Can't wait for the next GF!

Last edited by a moderator:

kylexv

Smash Master

If he was paid to do so, he wouldn't be canceling his pre-order of Nintendo's Xenoblade Chronicles X in the first place. :smirk:
Whoah there, don't spoil stuff! There might be an angry mob of Gravity Falls fans after you right now...

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
YKW is actually a pretty huge game in Japan and I know people elsewhere in the world that imported the other ones because it's a lot of fun. Xenoblade is getting extremely mixed reviews and the characters are way uglier than their Xenoblade Chronicles counterparts (which is really sad considering they're HD and muuuuuch higher poly).

I don't blame that guy for cancelling his pre-order. I'd much prefer a re-release of Chronicles on the Eshop than X.
X is one of the years' most ambitious titles, being in development for about five years, and has alot of content, I only know that Famitsu gave it a mixed score, and on strange circumstances. Yo-Kai Watch however is huge in Japan, I'll give it that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*omitted*

Well this isn't a giant walking spoiler bound to piss off a few people at all.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want to state that I firmly believe Snake will forever remain the only third party cut.

MAYBE SK if he gets in, but that's dependant on his future and his studio's future.

Everyone else is pretty safe.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

None of the four we have should be cut. Hell, Snake shouldn't have been, but at the very least that might have been due to behind-the-scenes legal drama. Cutting Ryu and Pac-Man would be a huge mistake. When your legacy is so huge that it makes 90% of the roster look irrelevant, you've earned your place, IMO.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I want to state that I firmly believe Snake will forever remain the only third party cut.

MAYBE SK if he gets in, but that's dependant on his future and his studio's future.

Everyone else is pretty safe.
Remember, SEGA's going through some reformation, so it wouldn't be surprising imo if Sonic were cut, hopefully he won't through.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Anyone got a Wii U who can help me out
I need screenshots of 7 frames of animation from Game & Watch
More specifically, the 4 Frames of Running, the frame of Turning while Running, and the 2 frames of G&W skidding to a halt from his running.
I ain't got Smash U and his running animation is different than the 3DS Version so
Anyone wanna lend a hand

*losing my mind*

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
P A G E 9 9 9 B O Y S

In a short time, the social will be renewed...

Last edited:

Chrono.

We've gone through 2 social threads without new characters.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pac Man = Grandpappy of pretty much every character in the game.

Sonic = Once Mario's biggest platform rival.

Ryu = Represents the franchise that made it so Smash could even be a thing.

None of your suggested cuts make very much sense. Those three in fact are the most iconic characters in the game save Mario.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Has anybody here heard of the Gregory Horror Show? I read the manga.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We've gone through 2 social threads without new characters.
We all live in a Speculation Submarine
'Culation Submarine
'Culation Submarine
We all live in a Speculation Swampmarine
upload_2015-11-2_19-35-3.png

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMPMARINE
WHY ARE YOU BUYING CLOTHES AT THE SOUP STORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom