• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
A bunch of French videos were added to the American Nintendo Youtube Channel.

What's going on?
Yeah I was trying to figure that out too. The only times they usually have other-language videos is when they have like 10 videos for Smash Bros DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh No! The French are taking over!!!! You know what that means?

confirmed! :troll:
Hang on, wasn't Isaac (or Vlad as hes known there) a popular choice on the French net?

Of course this could all be as innocent as getting the french version up for that part of Cananda.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The French couldn't win any wars...

So they won over Nintendo.

We need to fight back!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
WOW, 44 notifications. And it doesn't even seem like anything happened, but the maintence just started a while ago, right?

Also; this thread right now (i dunno it just fits man)

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Hang on, wasn't Isaac (or Vlad as hes known there) a popular choice on the French net?

Of course this could all be as innocent as getting the french version up for that part of Cananda.
I live in the french part of Canada (Quebec), but I never heard of Cananda. Is it on another planet?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What exactly are the French videos load to the channel?

They must not be anything important or leak worthy if they haven't been spread like crazy yet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I live in the french part of Canada (Quebec), but I never heard of Cananda. Is it on another planet?
You didn't get the memo? We're replacing you guys with a new hat known as Cananda. I hope you understand this is hard on all of us, but it's for the better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On a slightly related note, I've been to France, they truly hate americans. In most parts of the country, they wont even acknowledge you! This is why if you go to France, bring a Candian flag, which actually works....

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Don't worry guys, Nintendo will win the war against Ubisoft, I just know they will!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What exactly are the French videos load to the channel?

They must not be anything important or leak worthy if they haven't been spread like crazy yet.
They are all mario maker based. Some French people make levels and discuss the game in them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On a slightly related note, I've been to France, they truly hate americans. In most parts of the country, they wont even acknowledge you! This is why if you go to France, bring a Candian flag, which actually works....
Even better! They refuse to acknowledge any language other than French. I can't speak French and I've tried for years, my grandmother tells me 'You're in France, speak French!' Yet when she visited us I did the same thing and she went to my mother yelled 'YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PARENT! RAISING YOUR CHILD TO BE THIS MUCH OF A BRUTE! HOW DARE YOU!' To this day that hag thinks I can speak fluent French but don't want to

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I forgot to say something, some guy at lunch at school wanted Shantae so badly, that he actually said that he'd take anything from Shantae, and then said, "I wouldn't mind Uncle Mimic!"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's from Kamen Rider so it's probably not going to make sense. 'Ore ga BOOST! furuitatsu GHOST!' Capitals are English
Ore ga = I (ga is a particle that marks the subject, so "I" is the subject)
Boost is, well, boost. Unsure if the word is meant to be a verb or a noun with the copula being omitted. (Context is necessary here!)

"Ore ga BOOST!" could be:
1. "I boost!" or "I will boost!"
2. "I am boost!"

The second possibility is awkward, so I think it's the first. The phrase is likely taken out of context, so it's difficult to make something out of it.

I'm almost sure that, going by the meaning of the word on Jisho.org, "Furuitatsu GHOST!" is "Ghost that cheers up." The verb is coming before a noun. The main verb of a sentence in Japanese comes at its very end, so if a verb comes before a noun in the middle of a sentence, that verb is an action done or being done by that noun.

That phrase is making my head spin with the gratuitous English words inserted into it. You're watching Kamen Rider, a tokusatsu show. Usually in such shows, the kind of language used is somewhat more stylized or exaggerated in a way that doesn't quite match how Japanese is spoken normally.

Learning Japanese through anime is a foolish thing to do when learning the language for the first time. It's good to improve vocabulary, though.

I'm tagging PushDustIn PushDustIn anyway to see if my interpretation is anything reasonable. After all, my Japanese skills aren't anything remotely good, but I hope I could help clarifying something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of French and Pokemin
I still have a Nuzlocke I will never should finish but oh well
At least I finished EOIIU Story Mode today by cheesing through Picninc Mode, **** the Overlord and is this a barrier boss? NOPE
The ending was at least something different from 1 which was an anime, basically
Hope I can fit the ending movie in my sig
Now to Classic NG+ and Ur-Child
No, that's a thing really, I think the SUPER super boss is called Ur-Mom or something

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ore ga = I (ga is a particle that marks the subject, so "I" is the subject)
Boost is, well, boost. Unsure if the word is meant to be a verb or a noun with the copula being omitted. (Context is necessary here!)

"Ore ga BOOST!" could be:
1. "I boost!" or "I will boost!"
2. "I am boost!"

The second possibility is awkward, so I think it's the first.

I'm almost sure that, going by the meaning of the word on Jisho.org, "Furuitatsu GHOST!" is "Ghost that cheers up." The verb is coming before a noun. The main verb of a sentence in Japanese comes at its very end, so if a verb comes before a noun in the middle of a sentence, that verb is an action done or being done by that noun.

That phrase is making my head spin, though, with the gratuitous English words inserted into it. Do you happen to be watching anime or something? Usually in such shows, the kind of language used is somewhat more stylized or exaggerated in a way that doesn't quite match how Japanese is spoken normally.

Learning Japanese through anime is a foolish thing to do when learning the language for the first time. It's good to improve vocabulary, though.

I'm tagging PushDustIn PushDustIn anyway to see if my interpretation is anything reasonable. After all, my Japanese skills aren't anything remotely good, but I hope I could help clarifying something.
It the jingle that'll play whenever Ghost uses his Tokon Boost form. It may be speculation, but judging how super forms are acquired fairly late and Ghost is getting 1 Eyecon an episode, it's possible the cheeriness is supposed to be because he's alive again.

Sonic Hacking Contest happening soon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPgx5c0zaQ&feature=youtu.be&a
HYPE!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So the leak went by so fast not even Sanic could catch up? Must be France again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Even better! They refuse to acknowledge any language other than French. I can't speak French and I've tried for years, my grandmother tells me 'You're in France, speak French!' Yet when she visited us I did the same thing and she went to my mother yelled 'YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PARENT! RAISING YOUR CHILD TO BE THIS MUCH OF A BRUTE! HOW DARE YOU!' To this day that hag thinks I can speak fluent French but don't want to
I can't speak French either, they will ignore you as well as you said if you don't. It's nice in the parts where they actually are friendly to Americans, and it has some beautiful sights. Streets are dirty to at times( more so your location). Overall it's not that bad, but my biggest problem is how they treat you if your not like them basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom