• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's E3 Plans Announced - Return Of The Nintendo World Championships

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
So doing the math, last year's Live Stream featured 14 games, and this year will feature more... to say that confidently they need to have 16-17 minimum just incase something goes wrong with one before the event...

Looking at the games we know about I can only find 12 games they could stream without serious barrel scraping, and ammong those are some big things anyways like SMTxFE, Star Fox, Mario Maker, upcoming import games like Fatal Frame, Xenoblade X in english dub (they wouldn't stream them otherwise), localisation announcements for Rhythm Heaven The Best+/Style Savvy 3, and DLC announcements for Mario Kart/Smash/Splatoon...

That means we should expect 4-5 new titles worth announcing as a minimum... some of those may come in Ubisoft or Square Enix' conferences (through given Square Enix poaching Nintendo's time slot I doubt that), but there'll still be a bunch of new titles, and that's as a pretty big stretch in terms of what known games they'll show off.

Since I honestly expect 8-9 games we know about getting on the Treehouse that leaves a good 7-8 to announce as a reasonable amount... and that's given some pretty hype announcements for those games anyways... Nintendo are set for a pretty hype E3 I would say.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm actually kinda glad Zelda Wii U is not going to be at E3 this year. Not because I don't want to see more of it, but because it gives me confidence that Nintendo has more games to announce that will release this year.

Everything they showed off last year is either already out, or close to coming out (before E3 or right after E3), and with the exception of Smash for DLC, I don't see them doing much with past games. The only three games from last year that might still get a big focus are Xenoblade Chronicles X, Devil's Third, and Mario Maker. Furthermore, they said they would focus on Wii U and 3DS games coming in 2015. And they can't just focus on the three games I mentioned above, and Star Fox, and call it a show.

So yeah I'm expecting to see a lot of new games, even if some of them are exclusives made by third parties, like a new Sonic game for Wii U or something to that effect.

I also expect that Next Level Games and Retro Studios will both be revealing what they've been working on. It's been far too long. E3 makes sense for their big projects. Especially if it's Punch-Out, Metroid, or even a new Mario Strikers or something.

42nd

Smash Cadet
Should be interesting to say the least. I like how Nintendo is kind of embracing its old mistakes and trying to move forward of hopes similar to a better time years ago.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I'd like to have the Smash Bros. announcer (Xander Mobus) participate in the NWC because he was the host of that 50-Fact Extravaganza.

tr3v

Smash Cadet
NNID
TR3V07
3DS FC
4871-5923-4364
This trailer is amazing! Also, announce Roy please!

Last edited:
Top Bottom