• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo World Melee Tournament in NY? Prize = Brawl

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Anyone heard of the Melee tournament in NY, in about 2 or 3 weeks? If you win the tournament you recieve a copy of brawl early?.

My friend told me it's being hosted by Nintendo , Nintendo World. I'm not sure if it's true or not but he's been training a lot , nonstop like. So I believe he wasn't lying. If anyone has heard of this please respond.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They had a nintendo world smash tournament about 2 years ago. Awful rules and such, a few members of DA ended up winning it and they had a party at nintendo world as their prize, at least thats what I remember.

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Maybe they're repeating it this year. IDK if it's true when my friend comes home I'll get him to redirect his E-mail to me and I'll post it here.

What kind of rules? 5 Stock , Items? Well even if it's like that I guess I'll go for friendlies against some pro's.

Yeah I think Wes won it 2 years ago. I read about it somewhere.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I read about the one last year, but didn't find anything on the net about this year.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Shrug, from what I remember there was items and it was free for all.
No, that was the year before. The one DA won had standard rules. The organizer posted here so he could make a good ruleset. The Items + FFA with no unlocked characters was just really, really bad.

Top Bottom