• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Warns Not All Amiibo Will Get A Second Run

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm really starting to hate these little things. Not them specifically, but all the a-holes that buy truckloads just to sell them for ridiculous prices while spreading rumors to make it even harder for everyone else.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ok, now I'm just confused. We've been told they've been discontinued, then none from Wave 1 have been discontinued and there's more being made, and now a warning that NOT ALL will be getting a second run.

Which of these things are correct at this precise moment in time?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
**** it Nintendo. At least make the less popular figures available for a couple more shipments, they just came out 3 weeks ago and mostly sold out week 1. :facepalm:

I get this a little from a marketing standpoint, but only initial shipments are just going to make a lot of fans angry especially since it's Christmas time. At least have Marth/WFT/Villager last until Wave 3 comes out in January/February.

D

Deleted member 269706

And they wonder why their net loss is so damn high...They have great ideas like amiibos, but then they pull this ****.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Ok, now I'm just confused. We've been told they've been discontinued, then none from Wave 1 have been discontinued and there's more being made, and now a warning that NOT ALL will be getting a second run.

Which of these things are correct at this precise moment in time?
Here's what I believe the real rundown of this whole mess is.

The initial discontinuation rumor was false, undoubtedly to purposely drive up prices (and it annoyingly worked).

Nintendo confirmed that supposedly all of wave 1 is still getting shipments, but some will stop whenever that phase finishes (whenever that is).

And since certain amiibos will be phased out with every subsequent wave, I'm not sure what that'll mean for the three rares now that the next wave is set just a little over a week from today.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
And they wonder why their net loss is so damn high...They have great ideas like amiibos, but then they pull this ****.
You should submit your application if you have such a knack for marketing and finances imo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Demand for making the amiibos can be very heavy, which can explain why less popular amiibo might not see much light.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Very unfortunate. I assume all of the retailer exclusive Amiibos will be included here.

I hope I get the money to pre-order Mega Man, Sonic, and Rosalina soon. Yoshi is likely no trouble though.

nitr0monkey

Smash Rookie
Man I'm definitely not gonna slack on getting a Shulk amiibo then! I kinda wanted Villager but he looks weird, so no big loss there.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Raijinken

Smash Master
You really shouldn't worry about Villager. Animal Crossing is pretty popular in the US, and incredibly popular in Japan. Worst comes to worst you'll have to import one. Amiibo are region free, I might add.
Importing can very easily double the cost or worse. Especially if the run is limited in both regions (which it appears to be).

Now I have to decide between snagging Robin on his release or not, since if Marth only got one run, there's no way Robin would get more.

Blast it people, why doesn't everyone love Fire Emblem like they should?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Importing can very easily double the cost or worse. Especially if the run is limited in both regions (which it appears to be).

Now I have to decide between snagging Robin on his release or not, since if Marth only got one run, there's no way Robin would get more.

Blast it people, why doesn't everyone love Fire Emblem like they should?
Still better then the 4x price we have now.

But let's be honest here, Nintendo WAY undershot how many Amiibo to make. I'd guess most, if not all, early Amiibo will get second runs from how quickly they're selling out. I mean, Marths wouldn't have sold out so quick if he was as obscure as Nintendo thought.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I figured this would happen with the amount of amiibos they are making, at this rate they will make them all and only keep making the popular ones.

Just like stated above it's ridiculous how people are buying a ton just to sell them at crazy prices. Like literally I saw :4lucario: amiibo pre-orders for sale since they aren't taking anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

You should submit your application if you have such a knack for marketing and finances imo.
No you're right, I'm no expert in the field, that much is for sure, but from my point of view it just seems ridiculous to cut off something with such a high demand so early. Obviously the amiibos won't sell forever, people will get bored of them after a time, but after only 3 weeks after the American release (which was the first region to get Sm4sh U)? Come on, does that not seem a little off to anyone else? Didn't intend for my OP to make it sound like I knew better btw.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So basically, don't slack on getting Amiibos.

Well, time to save up 70 dollars for Wave 2 and Wave 3...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So basically, don't slack on getting Amiibos.

Well, time to save up 70 dollars for Wave 2 and Wave 3...
Whoa there recent news is wave one is not ending

And also they are still making villager and marth and wii fit trainer

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
What story broke first? The email saying there weren't being discontinued or the one saying they were being discontinued?

Marth and Wii Fit Trainer were actually at the top of my list before all the rumors came out.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I'm going to assume that a majority of the amiibos will be getting a second run. For example, while :4villager: and :4marth: might not be here for much longer, but they'll most likely come back when Animal Crossing U / Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem come out. If anything, we should be worried about characters who's games have been already released. (:4wiifit: and :4olimar:)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, better grab muh Pit and muh Palutena whenever they're out.

I really really hope I can get 'em in time.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I don't know what to believe anymore.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Nintendo is a more official source > rumors

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I want to believe this NOA guy but I feel like an article on Kotaku is a more reliable source....I am so confused. :174:

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
There is no shortage of amiibo in New Zealand.
And yes they are region free, I have an Australian Samus amiibo and US Wii U.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Guy's you're late to the party. Kotaku always likes to post things a few days or a week later, this being the perfect example. On the previous thread we had of this, a Nintendo employee stated that the three that were though to be discontinued are actually coming back and will be back in stock momentarily:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Nintendo should warn this for the beginning. Now they screw this Up. These things are selling alot out there. Seriously people paid 2,500 dollars of Samus Amiibo with the two Hand cannon. Bad made Amiibo sale with 2,500$.

People would make anything possible to get this. I Want my freaking Villager Amiibo. I think Little Mac is in the same group of it. Nintendo, Bring back the Amiibos. DON'T SCREW THIS.

Is I can find almost every figure of Disney Infinity and Skylander in one Gamestop, Why I can''t get all the Amiibos in one store because there in another store or completely discontinued. And what the reason to make them in the first place is you do this.
That is really bull$hi*. I want my Villager Amiibo.

Top Bottom