• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo "supports" Project M?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Already posted in the P:M social thread but i think this deserves it's own topic.

The biggest question will still be how apex is affected by this, if at all. I suppose it's probably too late to go back on their announcement of what games are going to be featured.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
I don't think this is aimed specifically at Project M, but the question remains whether Project M is encompassed within the scope of the new rights. Project M might be against the Terms of Service and still not be allowed.

But oh man the possibility. The potential hype. #freePM

As for Apex, well... I don't think that's gonna go anywhere. It might allow a side tournament to happen, at least.

IFC Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
I don't think this is aimed specifically at Project M, but the question remains whether Project M is encompassed within the scope of the new rights. Project M might be against the Terms of Service and still not be allowed.

But oh man the possibility. The potential hype. #freePM

As for Apex, well... I don't think that's gonna go anywhere. It might allow a side tournament to happen, at least.
yeah that's why I put supports in the title in quotes, cause Nobody really knows if it means project m, but anything is a possibility. I'm hoping it means project m. :)

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
this applies currently to japanese content, and not much else, from what I can tell. likewise, it applies only to some ~250 games from nintendo, which I'd hope brawl is included in, but we don't have the list of games on hand

TheDuckChris

Smash Cadet
Yeah this isn't an open door for PM to be represented at all nintendo events, as has been pointed out.
Very interesting though, and it at least loosens up our position legally, as it has been shown that Nintendo isn't against ALL use of their products for money. Good as well for melee, as this seems to indicate they won't prevent streams of it again.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If this is true, I guess PM can add pretty much anyone they want in future releases without getting sued.

There's so much potential from SSB4 newcomers (Little Mac is a notable example), it would've been a waste not to use it for PM, so I really hope it's true!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I believe this only applies to Nicovideo.jp currently and has no bearing on anything else, be it from Youtube to Project M.

Bleck

Smash Master
Project M is probably a relatively special case since it arguably serves as a direct competitor to a product that Nintendo is currently trying to sell, unlike Let's Plays or fanart or etc.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
because they can still pay people not to have it

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Please, do not say support. In an interview with Prog, Nintendo claimed that they don't mind PM being out there, but they want nothing to do with it due to legal issues. So support is the wrong word. I think their main thing here is that they're letting creativity being explored and shown to other people to show how much they love Nintendo based stuff.

Top Bottom