• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo of Europe still quiet on Brawl release date

Mazui

Smash Cadet
Well if they say that its pretty obvious that we dont got an Release Date yet..
But still they could make a speculated release date that it could be done.
Or something like that, yes?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I think that Europe will get a date after the American Release. Let's hope that it's not delayed again for the US. ^^

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Grr, I hate this! They were meant to release it 25th september last year! That's when I pre-ordered, ffs! I really hate how unreliable Nintendo have been with release dates. BWii, Brawl, MOH: Heroes 2....all were delayed from their origional release dates. Might not have been official but Nintendo shouldn't hint if it's gonna cause such a negative response. Psy.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Grr, I hate this! They were meant to release it 25th september last year! That's when I pre-ordered, ffs! I really hate how unreliable Nintendo have been with release dates. BWii, Brawl, MOH: Heroes 2....all were delayed from their origional release dates. Might not have been official but Nintendo shouldn't hint if it's gonna cause such a negative response. Psy.
Europe had a release date at some point before?

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Ive read somewhere that brawl will be released june 1st in europe, i cant remember where i read this though. If i remembered where it was i would give you the source.... im sorry..... :(

Mazui

Smash Cadet
Ive read somewhere that brawl will be released june 1st in europe, i cant remember where i read this though. If i remembered where it was i would give you the source.... im sorry..... :(
There were more that it would also be released in May 30th or April 30th

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Europe gets games late because of all the different languages...

Its not like devs hold a grudge against Europe, they just can't manage including all the languages without delaying the US english version.

This does not just apply to Nintendo, its applies to Sony, Microsoft and other devs as well.

Good thing about the PS3 is that its games are region free. You can import from Japan or some other country without having to buy some dumb mod chip.

Mazui

Smash Cadet
Europe gets games late because of all the different languages...

Its not like devs hold a grudge against Europe, they just can't manage including all the languages without delaying the US english version.

This does not just apply to Nintendo, its applies to Sony, Microsoft and other devs as well.

Good thing about the PS3 is that its games are region free. You can import from Japan or some other country without having to buy some dumb mod chip.
Now thats a good explanation.
And lol.

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
This is what I hate about living in the UK. Why can't we just get the American vertion? I am never going to play Smash Bros in German, and I personally hate selecting languages every time I play cirtain games. Why can't the rest of europe get their own release dates? It makes no sense why we should have all these languages which we'll never use instead of releasing them at different times.

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
i would guess before 2008 is over but who knows, i thought the U.S. would get brawl in june of last year! oh well though, less then a month now...

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
This is what I hate about living in the UK. Why can't we just get the American vertion? I am never going to play Smash Bros in German, and I personally hate selecting languages every time I play cirtain games. Why can't the rest of europe get their own release dates? It makes no sense why we should have all these languages which we'll never use instead of releasing them at different times.
Costs less money for them to do it that way.

Whats really ******** is Australia having to wait til it gets translated.

Nintendo is ridiculous.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
What ive never understood is why they've never released something that can unlock the Wii and make it region free. Means that way more people can buy more games from lots of different countries, and tehy would get money for the "wii unlocker".

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
nintendo said we're not getting it before june, so earliest date is 1st june, and so most game stores are putting that as the release date for now.

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
it isn't translating and all those things what take the most time. It is BUROCRACY.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
It's us being a small market share.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo de-confirmed an after-June release date and a 1st of June release date. They're probably just not releasing anything until it's too late for us to still get angry, I donno, like a week before the actual release. They probably also think that, because we don't know how long we have to wait, we won't waste our money on a mod chip... they're wrong, though. Or they're a bunch of Europophobics who throw darts at the map of Europe all day laughing. Or they're trying to piss us off, "lawl, letz put up a release date, take it down and claim it never happened, lolzorz".

Top Bottom