• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo News - Monster Mash Edition

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Welcome to Nintendo News! Every weekend, Smashboards will compile the noteworthy Nintendo related news bits from the week and put them together into one handy article! This week’s Nintendo News is for the week of March 2nd to March 8th, 2015 and covers Xenoblade, Monster Hunter, amiibos and more. Read on below!

Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X Combat Live Stream
On March 6th, Nintendo had a Japanese live stream event showing off more details for the upcoming Wii U exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles X. The stream was mainly focused on the game's many combat mechanics, showing off various ways for players to deal some pain to the great beasts found throughout the world. It also showed off some supporting characters and more information about character customization. Check out a Japanese recording of the full even right here.

Monster Hunter 4U "Legend of Zelda DLC" Available Now
Monster Hunter 4U's monthly DLC started up the month, and what better way to kick things off than FREE Zelda DLC. The pack gives players lots of new quests and equipment based on the Legend of Zelda series. Players can craft Link's Hero armor, Hero's Sword, and Hero's Bow with new materiel called "Goddess Fire" that they can obtain doing some of new quests available in the expansion. The Zelda themed pack is available to download for free.

Nintendo Announces More Marth Amiibos Are On The Way
Finally, some good news for amiibo hunters, Nintendo has announced on their official Twitter account that more Marth amiibos are on the way! Marth is one of the toughest amiibos to find, but thanks to his functionality in Codename: S.T.E.A.M on the 3DS, Nintendo is trying to make him more available for those picking up the game and wanting to recruit him onto their team. Check out the official confirmation tweet down below.

Out This Week

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars is now available on the Wii U and 3DS eShop. This clever puzzle game lets players use a variety of toy characters to solve puzzles in over 80 levels. Players can also create their own levels and share them online. If people like their levels, they can tip them stars to unlock more content. Plus, purchasing the Wii U version gets players a free download of the 3DS version and vice versa! Sweet deal! For more information on Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, check out the official website for the game.

That concludes this week’s edition of Nintendo News. If you have any suggestions or improvements for future editions, please let us know in the comments section.

Until next week, Nintendo fans.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and is looking forward to expanding his amiibo collection. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

Last edited:

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I notice an absence of Mewtwo...

My God, am I the only one checking the damn news feed every damn day for some freaking Mewtwo? I am so freaking hype. And while it's pretty damn near impossible, I'm hoping they say, "Hey, and while we're at it, we're gonna be awesome and give you Wolf back!" Or Lucas, or Ice Climbers, etc. Anything else to rock the competitive community up.

darkrailink1 (dl1)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dl1
3DS FC
2509-2107-2647

My God, am I the only one checking the damn news feed every damn day for some freaking Mewtwo? I am so freaking hype. And while it's pretty damn near impossible, I'm hoping they say, "Hey, and while we're at it, we're gonna be awesome and give you Wolf back!" Or Lucas, or Ice Climbers, etc. Anything else to rock the competitive community up.
me 2 man #mew2hype :mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::150:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

Spring 2015, which is a few more weeks. They'll probably say something around April-May.

Ragna22

Smash Ace

I'm almost 100% sure we'll see Mewtwo on a Nintendo Direct this month.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Why would this article have new infortmation about Mewtwo? If there'd been news about Mewtwo, wouldn't we have heard about it long before this article had the chance to post it?

LeftyOfficial

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeftyOfficialNES
Is anyone else sad that Monster Hunter 4 isn't coming to the Wii U? I was so excited to pick up Monster Hunter 4 for Wii U then Nintendo's just like "Haha you thought Monster Hunter 4 was coming to Wii U? Nope, only on the 3DS jackasses!" :(

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

Nope. I also need Mewtwo.

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
If i only had a new3ds,3ds,2d,1ds.... monster hunter DLC would be on my system like peanut butter on bread and yeah Xenoblade is more that my virgin hear could handle can't wait anymore Nintendo

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

I would gladly take Wolf even over Mewtwo.... but I doubt they will make any other character.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Until they actually decide to start advertising and whatever for TLoZ for Wii U (like, really? We know next to nothing about the next entry in Nintendo's most enchanted franchise that is releasing this year?), Xenoblade Chronicles X is where all the hype is at in terms of any upcoming game. With the release date of April 29th in Japan, hopefully we get pleasurable news of a Summer release or whatever.

Edit: I really do hope a Nintendo Direct is announced sometime soon.

Last edited:

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I'm really liking the DLC Capcom is giving monster hunter 4, seeing the way they have handled DLC in the past.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I'd take Wolf over Mewtwo any day.

Aside from that, I'm excited about Xenoblade Chronicles X. Plan to preorder the game once they announce the official release date for it.

And once I get a Lucina amiibo, I may consider getting Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. I already have an Ike amiibo at the ready.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
I am needing Mewtwo, and i also wannt to know when wave 4 amiibos will be released. In australia preorders for wave 4 went up on EB Games and i snagged a Ness, i am anxiously awaiting a release!

Assassannerr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bookkannerr

Late-ish reply, mewtwo probably won't be made available until after march 31, as that is the last day people get get him via club nintendo. It will probably be the same time they give us the last Mario Kart 8 DLC pack. My guess is arround April 12.

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
Welcome to Nintendo News! Every weekend, Smashboards will compile the noteworthy Nintendo related news bits from the week and put them together into one handy article! This week’s Nintendo News is for the week of March 2nd to March 8th, 2015 and covers Xenoblade, Monster Hunter, amiibos and more. Read on below!

Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X Combat Live Stream
On March 6th, Nintendo had a Japanese live stream event showing off more details for the upcoming Wii U exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles X. The stream was mainly focused on the game's many combat mechanics, showing off various ways for players to deal some pain to the great beasts found throughout the world. It also showed off some supporting characters and more information about character customization. Check out a Japanese recording of the full even right here.

Monster Hunter 4U "Legend of Zelda DLC" Available Now
Monster Hunter 4U's monthly DLC started up the month, and what better way to kick things off than FREE Zelda DLC. The pack gives players lots of new quests and equipment based on the Legend of Zelda series. Players can craft Link's Hero armor, Hero's Sword, and Hero's Bow with new materiel called "Goddess Fire" that they can obtain doing some of new quests available in the expansion. The Zelda themed pack is available to download for free.

Nintendo Announces More Marth Amiibos Are On The Way
Finally, some good news for amiibo hunters, Nintendo has announced on their official Twitter account that more Marth amiibos are on the way! Marth is one of the toughest amiibos to find, but thanks to his functionality in Codename: S.T.E.A.M on the 3DS, Nintendo is trying to make him more available for those picking up the game and wanting to recruit him onto their team. Check out the official confirmation tweet down below.

Out This Week
Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars is now available on the Wii U and 3DS eShop. This clever puzzle game lets players use a variety of toy characters to solve puzzles in over 80 levels. Players can also create their own levels and share them online. If people like their levels, they can tip them stars to unlock more content. Plus, purchasing the Wii U version gets players a free download of the 3DS version and vice versa! Sweet deal! For more information on Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, check out the official website for the game.

That concludes this week’s edition of Nintendo News. If you have any suggestions or improvements for future editions, please let us know in the comments section.

Until next week, Nintendo fans.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and is looking forward to expanding his amiibo collection. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.
They need to come out with some new GC controller adapters.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Is anyone else sad that Monster Hunter 4 isn't coming to the Wii U? I was so excited to pick up Monster Hunter 4 for Wii U then Nintendo's just like "Haha you thought Monster Hunter 4 was coming to Wii U? Nope, only on the 3DS *******es!" :(
That's a wasted opportunity to make the Wii U not-bad.

brospros12467

Smash Rookie
NNID
brokog2000

How about we bring the climbers back but not as the ice climbers more like ice climber.

mfzblader182

Smash Rookie
NNID
ryoassault182
So damn happy 2 hear dat Nintendo is going 2 b restocking stores with Marth amiibos am huge fan been a fan since Brawl but I do have 1 question about this tweet dat Nintendo made about them restocking Marth amiibos say if I go to a Wall Mart or GameStop can pre order a Marth amiibo or do just wait untill the day da marth amiibos come out in April plz let me know :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom