• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Japan Releases Preview Video of Smash 3DS

Spire

III
BRoomer
im not sure about that ganondorf pic... sakurai confirmed that characters would always face you in ssb wii u and 3ds but correct me if im wrong about the pic im pausing the video now.

EDIT: its real! im not sure why he is facing the other way though
Probably so his glorious cape can be seen.

Pelu13

Smash Rookie
You should check out the smash4 sonic forums. We discussed his new moveset in some detail. It appears substantially improved. New Dsmash and dash-attack, the side-B / down-B mechanics are quite different (still complicated / nuanced like in brawl but they just act differently with regards to momentum, cancellations, etc.). They combo a lot better.

But that was all the E3 build, can't wait to see the finished product.
Mind sharing a link to where the discussion is?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
You should check out the smash4 sonic forums. We discussed his new moveset in some detail. It appears substantially improved. New Dsmash and dash-attack, the side-B / down-B mechanics are quite different (still complicated / nuanced like in brawl but they just act differently with regards to momentum, cancellations, etc.). They combo a lot better.

But that was all the E3 build, can't wait to see the finished product.
He said that some of the characters have been mirrored, but not all of them.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Nice sneaky Ganondorf confirmation in there, I had to laugh at that!

This all looks very promising. I was very worried about the 3DS version when I played it at BB, but seeing all that content we've been having trickle-fed to us over the last months coming together is starting to show a very enjoyable product. Can't wait!!

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
it was confirmed by nintendo just like wario and falco lol
Could you send me the link where nintendo or sakurai confirmed that falco wario and ganondorf were playable.

In my opinion, it's pretty obvious that the 3 will be playable, because they're awesome! (although ganondorf could have a rework imo).

I only know by the leak that they are playable, but nintendo never confirmed it i thought. so it would be helpfull if you could send the link for that !

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Custom movesets? BANNED
Certain custom moves do actually look like it would be acceptable in tournament play. Megaman's up-B being rush vs beat for example. That DK side-B seen in the april direct though? **** no

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Sonic has a new Down Smash! :D 0:42 He isn't the exact same as brawl! Yayyyyyyyyyy!
Yeah, but why a Fox/Falco-style splits-kick? Why not his breakdance move from Sonic Battle and Project: M?

Last edited:

LiL Hobbes

Smash Cadet
I like the flat stage for Tortimer island and spirit tracks.

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Could you send me the link where nintendo or sakurai confirmed that falco wario and ganondorf were playable.

I only know by the leak that they are playable, but nintendo never confirmed it i thought. so it would be helpfull if you could send the link for that !
I don't think you understand. What Geno Boost's saying, is that they've been hinted and/or accidentally confirmed. Like Ganondorf in 0:56 for example.

Then before there's Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k3XT2mBvxE (Not to mention the PoTD with new StarFox stage.)

And then Wario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlKV2RdDfwk (Not to mention Waluigi and Ashley now representing the Warioware series.)

Sure, Nintendo didn't officially reveal these character themselves, but still.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

In my opinion, it's pretty obvious that the 3 will be playable, because they're awesome! (although ganondorf could have a rework imo).

Wario was leaked on 3ds eshop but it was removed and falco I don't remember where but a guy from Nintendo did hinted him

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I really wanted another Pikmin stage other than Distant planet but it seems like we don't have enough throwback stages, and that's fine to me.

Anyways I think the 3ds version of smash bros looks really good. I didn't think it was going to look so good thanks to it being on the 3ds but boy was I wrong.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'm disappointed I didn't really get to see Ike in action... I'm curious about his improvement.

Regardless, I'm so ready for the greatest looking Smash ever!

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Probably so his glorious cape can be seen.
Perhaps he actually does have his sword. Sword characters don't get mirrored so as to retain their handedness. Of course, the only problem with what I just said is I DONT SEE NO SWORD.

Last edited:

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
If there were a way to take your character customizations with you, it would make customizations much less of a hassle for tournaments and make them more likely to be allowed.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
This video was great and made me very happy :grin:

There's so much happening at the same time, the characters windows, the final smashes, footage of smash run, customization, classic mode, menus and the stages, the FD forms looks great (Battlefield's is gorgeous)

Man, I really want to play this game as soon as possible!

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
im not sure about that ganondorf pic... sakurai confirmed that characters would always face you in ssb wii u and 3ds but correct me if im wrong about the pic im pausing the video now.

He said MOST. Thanks a lot right?

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I'm going on a Holiday to Japan at the end of the year (yay!)

Do you guys think I shoud wait and be able to buy English or not and get it early?

MrJeff

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure Sakurai mentioned in a previous Nintendo Direct (maybe the Smash Direct?) that every stage would have a Final Destination version. He mentioned that people could enjoy the large soundtrack that way even if they played the "For Glory" mode a lot.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
The coloring is a hell of alot better on 3ds imo.

not really a good comparisation... first of all, the stage is different. 3ds is a sunny stage while wii u is a stage at night. Also, the 3ds DOES have more color so the characters are easier to follow since it's on a smaller screen.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
not really a good comparisation... first of all, the stage is different. 3ds is a sunny stage while wii u is a stage at night. Also, the 3ds DOES have more color so the characters are easier to follow since it's on a smaller screen.
all you really need to look at is the face.
The wii u one is pale white and the 3ds one has color.
The armor just looks dull without any real shading in most environments.

When I look at the 3ds version I can see the shaded areas clear as day
where as the wii u version has it where there are no really dark areas and the shading is kind of spread out and gradual.

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
I don't think you understand. What Geno Boost's saying, is that they've been hinted and/or accidentally confirmed. Like Ganondorf in 0:56 for example.

Then before there's Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k3XT2mBvxE (Not to mention the PoTD with new StarFox stage.)

And then Wario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlKV2RdDfwk (Not to mention Waluigi and Ashley now representing the Warioware series.)

Sure, Nintendo didn't officially reveal these character themselves, but still.
Thanks for the information!

Yeah it know it has been leaked on serveral situation, but I am 99% sure that there are confirmed. But that 1% will come if nintendo says it itself.

But again, thank you for the info and links!

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
Wario was leaked on 3ds eshop but it was removed and falco I don't remember where but a guy from Nintendo did hinted him
Thanks for the information!

I forgot about teh Wario leak on 3ds eshop , but i didn't know that about falco, except for the current big leak (that one with bowser jr. and duck hunt dog).

But only 2 weeks now and we will know all the characters! can't wait for the japanese release!

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc

I was thinking the same thing bro but watch Shulk's reveal trailer at 1:10 he's facing left with his back against the screen.......hhhhmmmm

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
all you really need to look at is the face.
The wii u one is pale white and the 3ds one has color.
The armor just looks dull without any real shading in most environments.

When I look at the 3ds version I can see the shaded areas clear as day
where as the wii u version has it where there are no really dark areas and the shading is kind of spread out and gradual.
You just proved my point again by showing a light vs drak image. Try to find the same stage with the same setting same pose and look again... but yeah once again, the 3ds needs the more depth-colored look to make it stand out better on the small screen.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Surprised no one has mentioned the usage of currency in the trailer
You can buy assist trophies with it

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
i'm gonna create Sakurai's Mii, so I can kick his ass because he doesn't include my favourite characters :troll:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
i'm gonna create Sakurai's Mii, so I can kick his *** because he doesn't include my favourite characters :troll:
I think the best easter egg ever would be that making a Mii that looks like Sakurai's would unlock God Mode, but only for that character, and only controllable by the CPU.

Top Bottom