• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Hints at Smash Bros News

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
there probably is no smash game for awhile, but nintendo doesn't just mention stuff like that for no reason, there has got to be some reason unless some random dude really did hijack the account.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, Nintendo commented on third party/shared character properties; something they usually avoid doing at all costs unless there's a joint effort. Wouldn't it be weird... if Nintendo is putting together a DLC program in order to *beat us to the punch* to new characters?! I mean it'd be really embarrassing for Nintendo if the first REAL, SUBSTANTIAL DLC for the Wii is created by hackers and not people with all the code, workers, and money. What if WE are instigating them to try something new? And just 'cause NoA put up the Twitter doesn't mean NoA can't do it.

Still, I'd say it's more likely a joke or a promotion for SSB64 VC. But why mention 3 characters that AREN'T in Brawl instead of some that are? Oh well.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it's a joke

they don't specifically mention the characters by name either so i don't think they could get in trouble

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
mmm

I question the authenticity. Whether or not this is 100% Nintendo posting this or not is what would sway my opinion.

if its real: Incredibly interesting. I mean, I don't think Nintendo would do this for no reason. Why piss off your fans?
(they do it enough with their games)
Like someone said, it really wouldn't surprise me to see another installment of the smash bros series on the wii, especially with this generation of consoles being expected to far exceed all the others, in duration, anyways. Of course, anytime soon would just be silly.

But really. Think about it. Smash Bros is, by far, one of the wii's best money makers. Lets face it, half the people on these boards own a wii simply for the game alone. Any others are just a bonus. Nintendo isn't stupid, they know this. Whats to lose on making another? False hype would only wither away at the fan base. And as others said, they obviously know what we want. Which a great sign, at any rate.

if its fake: Forget everything I just said, and yell SAKURAAAIIII for ****ing with us a little more :)

But like I said, the fact that they KNOW what we want is a good sign, troll or not.

Sails

Smash Ace
I don't get it. Noone has confirmed this as being an official Nintendo thing to begin with. The only source we have for that is IGN, but if you have any knowledge of the gaming community, IGN is full of it and makes up a lot of things. Not once did they say in there that they confirmed with Nintendo that it is real.

10 Picarats for this question:
If Nintendo were to make a Twitter account for something like this, why would they type "Professor Layton Wallpaper" in Google and take the second wallpaper listed that with a little reading up was apparently created by 4chan? Your friend walks by and states, "I know the answer to this!" and lays out his emergency matchsticks. "By moving one matchstick, you can make the answer to this question!"

Vayseth

Smash Master
OMG, if you remove the stick it says CAKE, and the CAKE is a LIE so this is a LIE right?

...anyway, DS version, if anything. If they were to make another one for the wii, I would assume only that they would be announcing it now, and releasing it in another year or two. However, the thought always crossed my mind that maybe you could download some sort of smash bros channel that boots up the game but with bonus content. It would force you to update the wii which would eliminate all hacks so Nintendo could kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Hmmm.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
OMG, if you remove the stick it says CAKE, and the CAKE is a LIE so this is a LIE right?

...anyway, DS version, if anything. If they were to make another one for the wii, I would assume only that they would be announcing it now, and releasing it in another year or two. However, the thought always crossed my mind that maybe you could download some sort of smash bros channel that boots up the game but with bonus content. It would force you to update the wii which would eliminate all hacks so Nintendo could kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Hmmm.
No, this I'm pretty sure isn't possible. There isn't enough space on the Wii for an update channel (unless the "channel" had VERY few upgrades), and the game isn't made to work with new content anyway. Due to the nature of the Wii's programming, unlike Xbox 360 and PS3 games it can't be patched in this manner. Our only hope is a new game, unfortunately. DLC isn't possible due to space constraints PLUS even if it could fit, the IOS (did I get that right?) would have to be updated to allow external hard drives or whatever, and Brawl's IOS can't be updated.

Compared to many people he wouldn't have a very, erm, varied and interesting moveset... Punch punch punch punch... (but i guess the same could be said for swords, slash slash slash...)He'd be a playable version of his assist trophy, which is IMO what he's better suited for. I just don't see him as a very exiting or intersting character... I guess they could always just pull a Captain Falcon/Space animals, though...
And cmon guys, they're obviously just messing with us.
Little Mac always has hooks, uppercuts, and fast jabs from Super Punch Out. I think it could be done. *shrug*

wtf is the masked man
Somebody here needs to get themself the Mother 3 Translation Patch.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Is it on the disc already? There's been a lot of controversy surrounding games with the content already on the disc and then having to pay to unlock the rest. That'd be interesting.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Is it on the disc already? There's been a lot of controversy surrounding games with the content already on the disc and then having to pay to unlock the rest. That'd be interesting.
We're talking about Brawl here. The game has been hacked to hell and back, if there was anything big like hidden content we'd definately knew about by now.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Also no traces of code to allow DLC, plus Sakurai's confirmation a little after Brawl came out that there would not be any. Makes me wish that Sakurai would at least leave the Forbidden Five's models for us to at least see, but it's cleaned out thoroughly.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wonder if it would then be like something to the extent of what they did with GG: Accent Core. Have a "plus" disc which unlocks the new content. Anything like that possible?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ign said:
before You Get Too Excited, Though, Calm Yourself And Re-lower Your Expectations. It Seems That It's Nothing More Than A Gag, And Not A Real Confirmation Of His Addition To The Fighting Series' Roster Or A New Smash Bros. Game In Development.
professor Layton said:
we Had A Wonderful Discussion Over Supper About People Reading Too Much Into Things. Not That There's Anything Wrong With That, Of Course.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
what next, thew will incorporate wii hacking into the mix for added stuff and bonuses Xd

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Nintendo can troll like no other.
Professor Layton...oh the trolling...Dont worry Majora someday people will remember you and your tentacle ****.

Anyways if anything I bet its for DS.

Really it's nothing more than promotion, take everything that comes from Twitter with a big grain of salt.
"That ain't a grain of salt. That's one of them blocks they give cows to lick."
In all seriousness, though, Twitter is one of the worst sources for legitimate/accurate/authentic information. But then again, that's mainly by comparison; there are considerably more hoaxes and false leads then true tidbits. My point being that occasionally, there are true tidbits.
But looking at this: "We had a wonderful discussion over supper about people reading too much into things. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course."
I'd have to say that this piece of information isn't one of them.
...anyway, DS version, if anything.
"If anything" being the operative term. And I have to agree; this is a handheld if not a hoax.
However, the thought always crossed my mind that maybe you could download some sort of smash bros channel that boots up the game but with bonus content. It would force you to update the wii which would eliminate all hacks so Nintendo could kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
That actually sounds like something they would do. Seems like they hate hacking with a passion; and plus, what better way to get people interested in an upcoming game than to add that game's main character into Smash? If this is legit, it seems like that's exactly what they were doing with Layton; or at least using Smash's popularity for that purpose.

Top Bottom