• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Game of the Week - Animal Crossing: Wild World

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, do you guys find the chance of rereleases likely?

I personally doubt it, due to all the legal trouble Silicon Nights got into.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel like the only thing acting in its favour is Nintendo repeatedly showing they want to keep the trademark which probably means nothing in terms of getting a rerelease.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last day for Eternal Question, so I'll pose a question.

How would you create sanity effects for the modern day?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

You could probably still have the fake save file deletion.
Maybe a fake game crash warning, taking you to an empty home screen.
Fake friend notifications. Like maybe enemies pop up as being online playing a game.
Being told you can't progress without buying DLC.

Those are very meta ones which I think are the type that stand out a lot.

The game has a lot of things like fake dismemberment, being stuck in a room with no doors, hearing footsteps, lots of enemies, demonic paintings, moving statue heads etc. which could probably come back as is.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

-Fake Joycon drift - your character starts walking uncontrollably in one direction (though I'm not sure if Nintendo has issues with games making it seem like there's a problem with the console/controllers)
-Fake home screen (the game exits all of a sudden, with the other games on the home screen being twisted versions of Nintendo titles)
-a crack on the screen (this seems like it would be more effective in handheld mode, making you think that the Switch's screen has cracked)
-the Joycons start rumbling, quietly at first, but the rumbles start getting more and more extreme, as though something very dangerous is coming closer and closer to you

(this is assuming that it's a Switch port, but most of these seem like they could work for other consoles)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, back to our regular (slightly tweaked) schedule.

This time its...

Fire Emblem Awakening

Game Summary:
Fire Emblem Awakening is the 13th official Fire Emblem game made for the 3DS. Originally meant to be a swansong for the franchise, it ironically breathed life into the franchise allowing it to thrive into the successful franchise it is today. Awakening takes the classic Fire Emblem formula, streamlines it and adds the pair up function. By teaming two units up together, they can protect each other and assist in attacks. Awakening also brings back the parent/child function from Genealogy of the Holy War. By having two units marry each other, their child will appear and become recruitable through time travel. The game is also the first Fire Emblem game to have an in depth avatar system. This led to the creation of Robin, a character who the play designed and role played as.

Speaking of time travel, the plot follows Chrom and his Shepherds as they travel around Ylisse and the neighboring nations. Chrom and his army find an amnesiac Robin asleep under a tree. Chrom awakes Robin and recruits them into his army as a tactician. Their adventures involve the return of the monstrous Risen, evil dragons the size of mountains, and children from the future who have traveled through time to save their parents. Lucina is Chrom's daughter from the future and together they stop the fell dragon, Grima. The plot is much more complicated than that, but I recommend playing the actual game yourself. I didn't spoil much that isn't already spoiled in Smash Bros.

Initial Release:
April 19th, 2012

Playable on...
  • 3DS

Notable Character Debuts:
  • Chrom :ultchrom:
  • Robin :ultrobin::ultrobinf:
  • Lucina :ultlucina:
  • Lissa
  • Frederick
  • Cordelia
  • Gaius
  • Tharja
  • Owain
  • Severa
  • Inigo
  • Grima

Current Metacritic Scores:
Critics: 92
Players: 9.0

Confirmed Players:
  • Swamp Sensei
  • nirvanafan
  • Cashregister9
  • Noipoi
  • Schnee117
  • Megadoomer

Recommended by:
  • Swamp Sensei
  • nirvanafan
  • Cashregister9
  • Noipoi
  • Schnee117
  • Megadoomer

I love this game. Awakening wasn't my introduction to the Fire Emblem franchise (That was Path of Radiance), but it was the one who turned me into a life long fan. The story, while silly at times, is a great emotional tale and its filled with wonderful characters. The gameplay (while not exactly challenging) is fun and addictive. I know hardcore Fire Emblem fans tend to dislike Awakening for a variety of reasons, but I'm one of those who absolutely love it. It's one of my favorite 3DS games and I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I have kind of a weird story of how i got into the series. I was bored one night & decided to watch all cutscenes from a game i did not intend on playing to see how comprehensible the story would be. Decided on Fire Emblem Awakening as this was right around Fates being announced. Wound up having alot of questions after this experiment & looked more into the series. Never been into menu/turn based rpgs but had no idea tactial rpgs existed. Thought it seemed like an interesting idea to strategize positioning

Immediately i download the Awakening demo on 3DS & was instantly hooked, went out the next day & bought the full game in store since I really did not want to wait for shipping times to play more & didnt have alot 3DS memory yet. Since then this has been one of my favorite series.

The game is so good. Gameplay is solid, music is fantastic, so many great characters (Cordelia, Kellam, Tharja, Lonqu, Olivia, & Virion are some of my favorites). Chapter 10: Renewal is still probably my favorite series level with an amazing tone, soundtrack, & getting my 1st Dancer unit after was unique & immediately shifted some of my strategies.

Granted some games (particularly the latest 2) did certain things better imo (although i guess that should be expected) but this game still holds its own & can still be debated as a good entry point which says alot about its quality.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yeah this is my favorite Fire Emblem, It was the first Nintendo game I owned for my 3DS and was my first exposure to Fire Emblem (Outside of Smash Brawl)

This game means a lot to me, I was a kid when I played it so I wasn't really sure what the hell I was doing but I ended up falling in love with everything in this game from the cast, gameplay, story and visuals.

I haven't played every single FE game (yet) but I think this game has one of, if not the most memorable cast in the series. This is absolutely bias because this game has my all time favorite Fire Emblem character, A!Tiki. But like, there is a reason this game has the most alts in Fire Emblem Heroes and most characters in smash.

I am glad this game came over to the west and people can experience it today and how it shaped Fire Emblem into the future.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Awakening was my first Fire Emblem, actually! I never finished it, but I got pretty far and I had a lot of fun with it.

Great gane, great cast, everyone's awesome except for Tharja who's terrible (I married her) and I keep telling myself that eventually I'll have to actually beat the game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If I had to rank Awakening, then as a whole game it's my favourite but it comes in second place to Three Houses' Crimson Flower route for me.
It's a very good introduction game to the series, has a fun, solid cast of characters including some of my all time favourites like Lucina, Cordelia, Owain, Severa, Chrom and Tiki.

Sure the map design is very basic and you can absolutely shatter the game over your knee with the Pair Up system in conjunction with the grinding and OP as hell child characters but breaking the game was some of the fun for me. The story isn't too much to write home about either but it does it's job well enough and there's some powerful moments like Chapters 9 and 10, the event after Chapter 21 and the big brain play in Chapter 23. The Future Past DLC was also excellent.

To go back to the characters, Lucina is probably my all time favourite character ever with how driven she can be on top of her love for her father and her friends and yet still have an utterly dorky vibe to her with her atrocious fashion sense and hilarious naming conventions (Pointy Demon Spanker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>) and she has had a major impact on my life, to keep it short let's just say she was my uh... Awakening if you will.

Damn good game and Nintendo should make an effort to at least remaster it for a modern system with better models, full voice acting, add in some more supports where needed (Robinsexuals and queer S-support options both for the player and for the actual characters, no this doesn't mess with the child system, this is a world with magic and dragons and time travel) and reinstate the online features seing as the 3ds can't do that anymore.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I had to rank Awakening, then as a whole game it's my favourite but it comes in second place to Three Houses' Crimson Flower route for me.
It's a very good introduction game to the series, has a fun, solid cast of characters including some of my all time favourites like Lucina, Cordelia, Owain, Severa, Chrom and Tiki.

Sure the map design is very basic and you can absolutely shatter the game over your knee with the Pair Up system in conjunction with the grinding and OP as hell child characters but breaking the game was some of the fun for me. The story isn't too much to write home about either but it does it's job well enough and there's some powerful moments like Chapters 9 and 10, the event after Chapter 21 and the big brain play in Chapter 23. The Future Past DLC was also excellent.

To go back to the characters, Lucina is probably my all time favourite character ever with how driven she can be on top of her love for her father and her friends and yet still have an utterly dorky vibe to her with her atrocious fashion sense and hilarious naming conventions (Pointy Demon Spanker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>) and she has had a major impact on my life, to keep it short let's just say she was my uh... Awakening if you will.

Damn good game and Nintendo should make an effort to at least remaster it for a modern system with better models, full voice acting, add in some more supports where needed (Robinsexuals and queer S-support options both for the player and for the actual characters, no this doesn't mess with the child system, this is a world with magic and dragons and time travel) and reinstate the online features seing as the 3ds can't do that anymore.
You bring up something I hadn't thought of before.

Awakening cannot be purchased anymore. That boggles my mind.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I keep saying that Awakening was the Final Fantasy 7 of Fire Emblem.
It probably was.

Although the comparison might work better in saying it's the Persona 4 of the franchise.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game I played - between wanting to try out the series, hearing about the game's casual mode (perma-death was easily my biggest barrier to getting into the series before this - I didn't want to lose a major unit permanently because random archer #7 got a lucky critical hit), and anticipating that a Smash reveal of some sort was coming up, I decided to take a chance on it and I enjoyed it.

I had a much better time with it than I did with Fates (though maybe I'll enjoy the other stories more than the Birthright story - as of now, Birthright keeps throwing so many characters at me in quick succession that I find it difficult to care about any of them, and it feels like a school trip with two ninjas chaperoning given that all of the cast seems to be implausibly young compared to the Awakening cast), and only Three Houses comes close out of the FE series. (though Three Houses loses some points in my eyes because Byleth is super bland when it comes to personality)

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So who's your favorite character from Awakening?

Some of my favorites are Miriel, Owain and Robin.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Probably Cordelia, mentioned a few others in my op that stood out to me in particular. Never mentioned any of the child units though. Lucina, Brady, Noire, Yarne, Cynthia, & Severa stood out to me specifically from that group. So many great characters in this game though which is one of the best parts of it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Time for a blast from the past.

Game & Watch Gallery 3

Game Summary:
The Game & Watch games were simple games made in the early 80's. They used LCD screens like an old calculator to imitate motion. Essentially each game was small, simple and addictive. The Game & Watch gallery games were made as ways to share those old games with newer audiences. The third one reskins several of the games to Mario themed adventures (though the original versions are there too). The player can start with five games, they can unlock six more. There's always a new bite sized game to play.

The games featured in this collection are: Donkey Kong Jr., Egg, Green House, Mario Bros, Turtle Bridge, Donkey Kong II, Flagman, Judge, Lion, Spitball Sparky and Fire.

Initial Release:
April 8th, 1999

Playable on...
  • GBC
  • 3DS
  • Switch

• NA

The game released before Metacritic was widespread, but it got favorable reviews.

Confirmed Players:
  • Swamp Sensei
  • PLATINUM7
  • Dan Quixote

Recommended by:
  • Swamp Sensei
  • PLATINUM7
  • Dan Quixote

I haven't actually played this game. The most experience I've had with a Game & Watch is Smash Bros and one broken arcade table one random store had. The reason why I chose this game was because you can actually play it on NSO through the GB service. I'll see if I can give it a try this week and let you know what I think.

BEEP BEEP :ultgnw:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Gallery games are pretty fun. Great from a completionist point because you can unlock plenty of things by playing through the classic, modernised and hard mode versions of each game. That makes it so much more than just a compilation of high score chasers.

I've played a bit of 3 on the NSO.

A bit of trivia but this game is actually called Game Boy Gallery 4 in Australia. That's because it and Europe received a Game & Watch compilation before the ones with Mario characters. So Game & Watch Gallery became Game Boy Gallery 2 and Game & Watch Gallery 2 became Game Boy Gallery 3.

Now I played the crap out of my copy of Gallery 3, which is really Gallery 2 so I guess I don't really get to talk about it here :p

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Once again dont have much to say, dont have 3 but did get 4 on virtual console (alongside Bayonetta) since i realized those were the only 2 smash series i did not own a entry from at the time. Havent played it & admittedly its not very high on my backlog. Sure its fine but just dont think it will appeal too much for me personally.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Ayyy an obscure game I can actually talk about. Probably just out of fascination for Mr. Game & Watch in Smash (no longer a main of mine but definitely one of my mains between Brawl and Sm4sh) I got almost the entire Game & Watch Gallery series on 3DS virtual console. Them and Donkey Kong '94 were my main Game Boy investments on that thing, and they were so worth it. I see why Game & Watch games were such a success for Nintendo. They are truly addictive, and they're perfect for a handheld where you can just pull it out and play a few rounds during a few minutes of downtime anywhere. In fact, I'm kinda itching to boot it up again now. Funny enough, I think I played with the classic graphics most of the time. I guess they just have some extra analog charm.

From Game & Watch Gallery 3, I think my most played was Egg. It was one of the best executions of "Gets faster as it goes" in the series cuz it took a while to actually get unfair.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, I played it. It's good fun.

My favorite was Egg. It's a fun distraction and the gameplay is addictive. It's worth a shot if you have NSO. What score do you need to unlock the other games?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I used to play a Game and watch gallery as a kid but i honestly couldnt tell you which one it was lol

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Okay, I played it. It's good fun.

My favorite was Egg. It's a fun distraction and the gameplay is addictive. It's worth a shot if you have NSO. What score do you need to unlock the other games?
You get a star for every 200 points for each game and game mode, up to 5 stars for each for a score of 1000.

The last unlockable playable game is for 50 stars. Unlocking all museum content requires 120 stars.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are you ready for a masterpiece?

Kirby's Return to Dream Land

1700540976488.jpeg

Game Summary: Kirby's Return to Dream Land is the great return to 2D console games for the pink puffball. Kirby's Return to Dream Land takes all of the lessons learned from prior games like Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby Squeak Squad and delivers on a tight Kirby experience that can now be played with four player local co-op. Kirby's Return to Dreamland would go on to heavily influence the next three mainline Kirby games. While Player 1 is always forced to play as Kirby, the other players can choose to play as Kirby copies, Meta Knight, King Dedede and Bandana Waddle Dee. Each character has their own unique moveset and advantages. There are also some minigames to play and the standard Arena mode.

New to the game are Super Abilities. In certain levels, buffed up versions of Kirby's usual abilities appear. These Super Abilities allow Kirby to interact with the stage in new, unique and exciting ways. One moment, you may be using a giant fish as a sword, and the next you may be rolling around as a giant snowball. It's a nice twist to a proven formula.

Plot wise, the game has Kirby, Meta Knight, Kind Dedede and Bandana Waddle Dee discover a mysterious space ship called the Lor Starcutter. Inside, they find a strange being called Magalor. Magalor asks the group to help him rebuild the Lor Starcutter. Kirby and his friends agree to help, and so another adventure begins!

The game had a remake for the Switch called Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. The remake adds an extra mode where you can play as Magalor and a huge amount of minigames.

Initial Release:
Original:
October 24, 2001
Deluxe: February 24, 2023

Playable on...
Original:

• Wii
  • Wii U
Deluxe:
  • Switch

• Magalor
  • Landia
  • Lor Starcutter

Original

Critics: 77
Players: 8.8

Deluxe:
Critics: 79
Players: 8.8

Confirmed Players:
Original:

• Swamp Sensei
Deluxe:
Recommended by:
Original:

• Swamp Sensei
Deluxe:

I love Kirby's Return to Dream Land. It and Super Star Ultra are where my mind goes to for an amazing Kirby experience. This game created the modern Kirby formula which only saw a shake up with Kirby and the Forgotten Land and its easy to see why. It's so tightly designed. Every ability is fun to play due to a variety of attack and movement options. I genuinely love this game and it and Super Star Ultra are some of my all time favorites. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves video games.

I haven't been able to try the remake yet, but I want to.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Haven't played the Deluxe version yet, but the original Return to Dream Land was the focusd sequel the series needed. Not to say that any of the games in the prior decade were bad, just that Kirby had been in an experimental phase which tended to yield hit and miss results and the lack of a full fledged mainline console release felt like it limited what individual games could do to a degree. RtDL refined the expanded movesets of Super Star, fleshed out Meta Knight/ Dedede/Bandana Dee, and pulled off a balance of linear level design with enough secrets to warrant exploration/replays.

The central idea of Super Abilities is slightly gimmicky (and lacks the variety that later entries like RoboBot had with their new concepts) but it's got spectacle and the non-copy ability powerups like the spiked boots and such largely compensate for it. The new copy abilities are fantastic too, with Water Kirby being one of favorites just because how broken it is. Bosses are solid if unspectacular with Magalor providing an enjoyable final challenge.

Overall a great and necessary Kirby game and one that nicely compliments Epic Yarn in some ways with the former being the series at its best with traditional gameplay and the latter exemplifying its heights when experimenting.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Havent played it or even own any version it. Idk im not super into 2d platformers so was never too motivated to. That being said Kirby has disappointed me more than impressed i feel like although did have fun with Dream Land 3, Epic Yarn, & Forgotten Land in particular (& Air Ride). Will admit though i have felt tempted to explore some of the more modern Kirby titles around when i played the games previously mentioned but never committed to it.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
An yes, the game that forever have Kirby fans trust issues…

This game was my **** growing up. I actually got to the final boss, which was very rare for young me.

The DX version is just as rad. I really dig the new artstyle.

Just a rad game all around :yoshi:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, which of the four characters is your favorite to play?

Laniv

Smash Champion
The first modern Kirby game I've ever played. Love that game to pieces. Haven't played DX yet, but, man, after Epic Yarn, an admittedly good game, it was nice to have a traditional Kirby game on a home console.

So, which of the four characters is your favorite to play?
Kirby for Water Ability, and King Dedede, because I'm a sucker for hammers.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was really excited for Return to Dream Land Deluxe, I had been meaning to replay the original so this was a great excuse to experience one of my favorite games in a new way. For reference, I've played nearly every Kirby game and this is one I held in especially high regard. I still do, although my time with it allowed me to soak in how it stacks up against some of the games it precedes (Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot) which I had just replayed the year prior.

I've got a lot of good to say about the remake. The visuals are really great and the screenshots don't especially do them justice. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the outlines, if they were going to make Kirby and Co feel less organic within this world, but they pulled it off nicely I think. The new content is especially great and made up for the admittedly steep price of admission. I found myself a lot more captivated with the subgames than I expected, a new completion challenge involving unique goals for each game and unlocking various masks to reward longtime fans with cute nods. I'm pretty sure I was wearing the Marx Soul mask through most of my grind. Magolor's post-game quest is really neat too. I appreciate that they're giving these supporting characters more things to do, and the format of building up combos and leveling up your abilities was a ton of fun. I wouldn't mind them expanding on that in a future Kirby game, to be honest. I lampshaded it but $60 is a pretty big ask if you've already played the original. I'm unsure if I would wholeheartedly suggest someone buy it unless they've never touched the Wii game before, but for Kirby dieheards like myself there's just enough to chew on. A bonus Magolor story sold me almost immediately, but I feel like that's got to be a pretty small niche of buyers LOL.

I will say though, this is the big one, the fact that there was no online multiplayer is a massive disappointment. I wanted a rerelase of this game specifically so I could play online with friends and not suffer the lag we experienced trying to play co-op on Dolphin. I also have great memories playing the original on Wii with my sister and with my friends growing up. Right now I'm not really in a life situation where I can pull someone aside for couch co-op, and I would have appreciated the option to play with those aforementioned friends. This is another thing that made the game a bit difficult to recommend to others, particularly convince people who I initially was eager to push the game onto so we could play together.

Overall my experience was a positive one, but I came out of it a little cooler on the game than I initially was. I think Triple Deluxe and especially Planet Robobot take what was established here and elevate it to incredible heights with more imaginative and memorable level design. Outside of a few noteworthy puzzles, I feel like it's difficult to make the distinction sometimes of which RTDL level you just played. Compared to Robobot - I could name you the casino level, the traffic level, the ice cream one... Lately, on the heels of replaying the 3DS Kirby games as well as loving Pizza Tower earlier this year, I've had more of a hunger for platformers where levels feel wholly distinct from one another. This hunger was satisfied further with Mario Wonder, which was absolute joy from beginning to end. I still greatly appreciate the road that RTDL has paved for its successors, but after revisiting it the ways that it's been able to grow and improve have become more obvious.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Currently playing through the Deluxe version, I finished the regular campaign but not the EX yet. I owned the original on Wii and had a great deal of nostalgia for it, I remember getting it the summer I graduated middle school and spending a lot of time trying to get all the collectables. Enjoyed the level design, diverse set of copy abilities, and the music a great deal. This was a great start to the Modern Kirby era. I really like the addition of the Masks as they pull from every corner of the series, bringing back a lot of long forgotten characters and giving them some time in the spotlight.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are you ready for a masterpiece?

Kid Icarus Uprising

Game Summary:
Created by Sakurai himself, Kid Icarus Uprising was a reboot of the Kid Icarus IP. Instead of the side scrolling platformers of the past, Uprising is split into two main gameplay styles. The first is an on rails shooter where players use the stylus and the control stick to fly Pit through the sky. The second gameplay style is a 3D style action game where Pit can run, jump, shot and melee. Each level is split into these two halves and each level ends with a boss fight. The latter gameplay style also makes up the majority of the game's multiplayer mode.

The plot has Pit and Palutena fight against the revived Underworld army and its leader, Medusa. The twist is that this is only the first third of the game. After Medusa is defeated, Pit and Palutena must fight against nature goddesses, space pirates, aliens, eldritch abominations and even themselves. All of this is to stop the evil mastermind Hades.

Initial Release:
March 22, 2012

Playable on...
  • 3DS

• Dark Pit :ultdarkpit:
  • Viridi
  • Hades
  • Phosphora
  • Magnus
  • Thanatos
  • Dyntos
  • Pyrrhon

Critics: 83
Players: 8.7

Confirmed Players:

• Swamp Sensei
  • TMNTSSB4
  • Dan Quixote
  • KillerCage
  • Megadoomer
  • Nirvanafan
  • Lamperouge
Recommended by:

• Swamp Sensei
  • TMNTSSB4
  • Dan Quixote
  • KillerCage
  • Megadoomer
  • Nirvanafan

Kid Icarus Uprising is a fantastic game, and outside of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it was my introduction to the series. It has complicated controls and I feel that should be noted as a flaw, but there's so much passion, charm and fun poured into this game, that I don't even care. It's a treasure and I love it. The writing is incredibly fun and got a few audible laughs out of me. It made me care about Palutena, a character with practically no character before this game.

This is a highlight of the 3DS and my only regret is that I never had someone to consistently play multiplayer with. I feel like I missed out and part of a great game.

Also I have to mention this...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One day a sequel or port will be made. Uprising is way too heavenly to not get more content outside of Smash and the Mario movie

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
It's so funny to me how you can so obviously tell that Sakurai made Kid Icarus: Uprising even though it's an entirely different genre than the two other main things he's known for.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I wish there was a port of this masterpiece so more people can experience it.
Fun fact: I was one of the early buyers of the 3DS because I wanted to play Kid Icarus Uprising.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hopefully this game gets ported to a different system; I enjoyed what I played of the game, but I got stuck around chapter 16 or 17 because the camera was frustrating to control.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Not sure i can really say much that hasnt already been said.

Personally did not have too many issues with the controls but am curious to how much smoother that & the game itself could be on different hardware.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So what's your favorite chapter in Uprising?

Top Bottom