• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct recap 1.14

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here is the information from the First Nintendo Direct of the year.
Decipher from it what you will.

• Fire Emblem Awakening, new story!
  • Dragons and Puzzles, Mario theme (new Japan puzzle game...sorry Lip)
  • Pokemon Shuffle, free on eShop, by number of plays in real life/time
  • Wii games downloadable: Mario Galaxy 2, Punchout, Metroid Prime series, at launch. Half price at first.
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse amiibo compatibility
  • New Amiibo Wave: Robin, Lucina, Pacman, Wario, Ness, Charizard
  • New Amiibo Line for Super Mario! Mario, Luigi, Peac, Bowser, Yoshi, Toad.
  • Compatible for Mario Party 10 and Captain Toad
  • Splatoon: Plaza for Weapon and Clothing (Headgear, Shoe, Overall)/Stat purchase
  • Hyrule Warriors- Majora's Mask 3D content, including Young Link and Tingle as characters
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong; create levels and tip, on Wii U and 3DS, buy one get both
  • eSHOP: Namco's Project Treasure, Elliot Quest, Beck, Liticus of Earth, Gunman Clive 2, Moon Chronicles, Sega 3D Classics, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Story of Seasons
  • Fossil Fighters Frontier
  • new 3DS; amiibo scanner, 3DS face tracker, faster processing speed, batter life, C-stick, micro memory card, auto-lighting adjustment
  • Codename Steam has Fire Emblem Amiibo compatibility
  • *news that Amiibo are NOT discontinued specifically Marth*
  • Ace Combat
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
  • Iron Fall Invasion
  • Monster Hunter4 Ultimate
  • Majora's Mask 3D, n3DS bundle. Preorder Gamestop Pin with Codename Steam.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Fire Emblem, Code Named Steam, and Xenoblade X were the fun parts for me. I'd be more excited for the Wii virtual console if they'd include Gamecube controller support. But that doesn't seem to be the case, so I'll be skipping that system transfer for a while longer.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
A fun thing I'd like to point out is that just about everything discussed is actually launching incredibly soon; well, not the games we just got a peak at, such as Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem... but all the released content is coming, seemingly, next month.
That may mean we get another direct in not too long.

Or maybe it means it will be the standard two months.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm a bit curious as to whether Mewtwo (and/or tournament mode or anything else) will be ready when the Amiibo update hits for Smash3D. We'll have to wait and see.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can someone link to the direct itself on youtube? I'm at school so I can only watch embedded videos.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Extreme hype for new Fire Emblem, Splatoon looks good as usual, take my money, Xenoblade X and I've been waiting for MH4U!
It doesn't seem like NA will be getting the n3DS regular which is kind of disappointing honestly...

I'll just take what I can get then. Those two limited bundles look good, but I might hold off for a possible FE bundle instead!

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I didn't watch the Direct (never cared for them personally), but I did like what they showed.

And I'm surprised they're releasing PAD: SMB Edition on the same cartridge as PAD Z. Guess they're afraid the latter won't get sales or something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out today to download, in case people want it.

Also Rosalina, while not announced, slipped into the Mario Party 10 footage. She's a new playable character, and she will be getting her own Super Mario Collection Amiibo. A new trailer they uploaded after the direct also shows this more clearly.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Eh too much New 3DS for me to fully enjoy it. That and I was dead tired so I kept wishing for it hurry up so I can go to bed.plus, no information on Zelda and Star Fox Wii U or announcement of a new Metroid game was disappointing. I was only hyped for Majora's Mask, Splatoon, Xenoblade X, and Project Treasure.

And on Xenoblade X, it's look gorgeous and huge but a feel minor nitpick a:
make character looks like he was punched in the face as a child.
Too much "look at these amazing levels!" shots.
I was hoping for some actual gameplay demonstration and further character info. But I guess we will see that in months prior release via Xenoblade X Direct.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Fire Emblem hype. Tingle hype. PvD hype. Splatoon hype. Everything else about the Direct sucked. Man, what a depressing turn of events. Selling a mobile gaming device without an AC adapter should be illegal.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Well, I'm okay with it not having an AC adapter, cause I current;y own a 3ds, just don't understand how I'm going to transfer my things from my 3ds to my New 3ds XL when I sell it for 75 in credit... (gamestop)

Never done this before, anyone here sold their 3ds for the XL and did the same thing?

Also, when is the Majoras Mask XL 3ds available for pre-order?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Also, when is the Majoras Mask XL 3ds available for pre-order?
I'm not sure when, but it will only be around for, probably, five minutes.
I really hope it comes with that Skull Kid figure that I missed from the game bundle...

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the MM N3DS is already available for pre-order. Well, was, at the time of this posting.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I'm pretty sure the MM N3DS is already available for pre-order. Well, was, at the time of this posting.
WERE available. GameStop sold out in 20 mintues, Best Buy in like an hour. Not sure if other places like Target or Wal-Mart will be getting it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm kinda hoping that Mario Party 10 gives us the option to play with classic rules. But right now it looks like they're determined to keep the MP9 game play.

And if they do give us the option for classic rules then I hope it's not just for one board.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm kinda hoping that Mario Party 10 gives us the option to play with classic rules. But right now it looks like they're determined to keep the MP9 game play.

And if they do give us the option for classic rules then I hope it's not just for one board.
Amiibo Party is definitely Classic style, at the least. And each Amiibo comes with their own board.

Top Bottom