• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct February 13th at 2PM PDT/ 5PM EDT

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Nintendo announced earlier today that we will be getting a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at the somewhat unusual time of 2PM PDT (5PM EDT) to discuss games releasing by the end of this upcoming Spring.

With Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze just released in Japan and games like Mario Kart 8, Yoshi's New Island and Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS on the horizon, we're sure to be in for a treat!

Do you think we'll get some information regarding the next Smash? What are you hoping to see?

Last edited by a moderator:

D1

Banned via Administration
Sakurai made a tweet regarding the Direct, leading me to believe there has to be something Smash-related shown tomorrow! People are saying a DK char might get unveiled since Jungle Beat will be released soon.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The only other time Sakurai has made any mention to a Direct was the Rosalina reveal. I believe it's possible to see something of equal importance shown tomorrow, whether it's a character, newcomer or veteran, a tweaked/new mechanic of the game, or possibly even details on its release.

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
I'm hoping they announce Diddy & Dixie because of DKC:TF.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Sakurai made a tweet regarding the Direct, leading me to believe there has to be something Smash-related shown tomorrow! People are saying a DK char might get unveiled since Jungle Beat will be released soon.
"Jungle Beat" I think you're a few years in the past, my man. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the new Donkey Kong game coming out for Wii U. XD

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well Sakurai explicitly mentioned the Direct in the pic of the day, completely looking over Peach's move or cleverly placed movement with the rainbow. He just said "tomorrow us valentines day...... And the say of the new direct!" Then he just said what time it is.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Well Sakurai explicitly mentioned the Direct in the pic of the day, completely looking over Peach's move or cleverly placed movement with the rainbow. He just said "tomorrow us valentines day...... And the say of the new direct!" Then he just said what time it is.
Rainbow ... RAINBOW DASH AND TWILIGHT SPARKLE TAG TEAM CONFIRMED FOR SMASH FOUR :p

JuicePouch

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuicePouch
Nintendo of America tweeted the direct to be about games releasing by the end of spring...

plausible SSB4 end of spring release?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, I guess it's cool. But does anyone else feel a little weird about the whole Charge Meter? I like it, but I hate how it's part of his HUD. I think it would be better if colored flames appeared around his fists or something. And, of course, Mewtwo was not confirmed.:sadeyes:

Top Bottom