• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Conference Fall 07 Trailer Discussion

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Everyone has some crazy dance moves around the ending, even the people who we are sure have their original taunts still.

2 Pokemon Comfirmed.

Peach's prettier moves and voice revealed<,<

And a ton of other things.

Discuss.

Youtube Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xww8t1YCeK0

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy the new taunts. Looks really sweet. The gameplay looks really smooth and the the stages are larger than one would imagine, espcially the Bridge. Sonic's dash special looks amazing, such a better version of Yoshi's, it appears you can jump from it and than start an aerial combo... Sonic is sick.

Also, Sonics Icon is number 20... how many more franchises does that mean are left?

Eagle

Smash Lord
Many Pokemon confirmed? :p

We only saw like 2, Torchic and Kyogre, and it's obvious many Pokemon anyways..

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Dixie is there? That might ruin K.Rool's chances of being in. I HOPE SHES NOT PLAYABLE!

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Meh we saw Snorlax too, although he was sort of expected. Anyways... these new taunts seem interesting, maybe there's multiple taunts for different directions on the D-Pad? Not quite sure.

EDIT: About Dixie, if you pause and look at the textures on their trophies, Dixie's texture seems a lot less detailed, atleast to me. Seems more like standard trophy material. Although honestly I don't want her *or* K. Rool. >.>

Tanea

Smash Ace
so i think that all of those dances are what they do they do their final smash. if you look at yoshi when he does that one dance he ends up with this pose

also if you look at ike it looks like he is powering up when he put his sword in the ground

that's what i think

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
2 things I noticed:

1. Sonic's up B is the spring from the classic Sonic games. You can see it if you pause at the right moment.

2. Character faces disappear if a character gets behind them.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
yeah, Dixie Kong as a trophy; to bad that doesn't really hint at anything since they can pretty much make trophy's out of anything an everything.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Final Smash balls fly around very quickly, and can even save you from dying. Fox Illusion-Suicides to get one.

Peach's Down B makes you dance. Dancing Bowser is funny.

Sonic has a Down B variant depending on if he's in the air. And his Up B is conjuring a Spring.

The broken platforms in Icarus's stage seem to leave behind a cloud. No clue what that does, maybe makes it like Yoshi's Island.

Metaknight does something that is likely a Final Smash in the first video. Cuz that's a LOT of damage for one simple move. Kirby doubles in painnnnnn.

Eagle

Smash Lord
2 things I noticed:

1. Sonic's up B is the spring from the classic Sonic games. You can see it if you pause at the right moment.

Thank you for pointing those out ;)

I was wondering why the faces faded.

Oh yeah, I just noticed the spring too, but I don't think 'Pause at the right moment', it stays there for quite awhile.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
Bunch of things I noticed (other people may have too, that's fine, but just putting them in the thread):
*In the clip on the Bridge of Eldin, the Smash Ball is floating in the air, moving diagonally down-left, kinda towards the hole in the middle. Fox does his side+B to the left, crossing the gap, and goes through the smash ball. It makes a breaking sound. The trailer cuts to what appears to be a split second later, and fox has turned into the tank. This would imply that a Smash Ball is like a Capsule, and when you 'open' it, your final smash activates.
*The clip of Lucas shows him doing what appears to be a B move that Ness does not have - increases Ness's chances of returning/being dissimilar to Lucas.
*The Ice Climbers are doin a little dance in a stage with the Northern Lights in the background. This implies it's either an Ice Climbers stage or an adventure mode level with a "cold" theme.
*There are two shots - one of Wario and Torchic, the other of Charizard - that take place in an underground level full of lava, with futuristic looking metal platforms. Either an Adventure level, or my guess is Magmoor Caverns? (Metroid Prime)
*Kyogre, Torchic, Snorlax confirmed
*When DK is blasting from barrel to barrel in Adventure Mode, he arrives at a glowing blue and red treasure chest - what's inside? Could this be the percentage we saw in the world map update?

Also in the other movie, Sonic jumps off a red spring from his games in Delfino Plaza - probably his up B.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so many new things to talk about today... I don't know if I can keep up with all of them! There seems to be new taunts, new pokemon and of course Sonic the Hedgehog, which is the most important and awesome update of them all! I don't know if Nintendo will be able to top today's update after this! :laugh:

Also, one little thing I'm sure not many people are going to notice is that the pretty big status icons become rather transparent if someone is over them, with the exception of the actual percentage counter.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Okie dokie, did anyone notice Mario was in the Subspace E rescuing Peach and Zelda instead of Kirby?

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
not sure if it's been seen before, but Mario's cape is back. I'm pretty happy about that one. Now if I can just get some pills....

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Conference trailer, man. Not the Sonic one.

I don't know, it all goes by so quick. I'm still trying to catch everything and analyze it.

EDIT: By the way, I think that lava looking stage might be the underground part of Castle Siege.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
Okie dokie, did anyone notice Mario was in the Subspace E rescuing Peach and Zelda instead of Kirby?
Wow, you're right, how did I miss that?
But what could that mean for the story? It was so assumed at this point that the story would have Mario getting blasted away and forming a team of his own while Kirby formed a team with whoever you saved. Is there a different video on the disc, I wonder, to show Kirby getting blasted away? What determines who gets shot?

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Ok, one thing I don't get from the video. I thouht they only cut down Donkey Kong's name on the percentage bar/picture part due to length, but they've shown they can fit Ice Climbers and even Zero Suit Samus all on one line in that picture, so WHY does it still only say DONKEY!? >.> Bleh, little things like that get to me.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
2 things I noticed:

i dont think the faces disappear because your behind them..it looked like to me the higher percent you are, your icon starts to blink..i dunno

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Here's something i noticed but could use some help confirming. When watching the sonic trailer you see kirby, link, mario, and sonic fighting in snake's stage. On the bottom kirby seems to hit mario as mario runs at kriby. Mario somehow connects with the wall, but very soon after he jumps up. Now im thinking did kirby hit mario into the wall and mario teched off allowing him to jump. Teching confirmed? Just something i noticed and needed some extra eyes to look at.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
i dont think the faces disappear because your behind them..it looked like to me the higher percent you are, your icon starts to blink..i dunno
Nah, IMO I see Pit's Icon going clear as someone steps into it.

At that time Kirby's % was higher than Pit's and his didn't blink once.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Just watching the video and I noticed during the the fight scene at Shadow Moses Island. It seems that Mario air dodges the warp star down to the left? Directional air dodging confirmed??? Half way to WDing :p

The Director

Smash Lord
Love the trailer...love the Sonic video...

...but the release date on the site now says TBA!

The US got the Wii before Japan to accomodate for the holiday last year, so we'll see. Hopefully we'll get by with a release date in Dec. if they want to take advantage of the holiday. (which I most certainly hope they do) If they don't, there's a snowball's chance in hell that we'll get the game before Japan.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Absolutely loved it!

But why did it say COMING SOON? Is that talking about regions besides the one where they announced it as December 3rd, or has it been delayed? Ahhhhh!!!!!

Somasu

Smash Ace
Wow, you're right, how did I miss that?
But what could that mean for the story? It was so assumed at this point that the story would have Mario getting blasted away and forming a team of his own while Kirby formed a team with whoever you saved. Is there a different video on the disc, I wonder, to show Kirby getting blasted away? What determines who gets shot?
I'm going to guess that the first thing you do in Adventure Mode would be that you choose between Mario and Kirby.. and then you fight whoever you didn't pick.. and whoever loses that fight gets blasted away to start the rest of it.

And Jammer, I hate to say it, but it looks like the game has been delayed. Release date as of now says "TBD" (To Be Determined)

Hopefully, as someone said, they will work on taking advantage of the holiday and still release it early December.. but I'm a bit worried that they might not.

As for the trailers.. I don't think my orgasm for them has stopped, yet.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
It's expected that tomorrow (or rather, later today, since I'm up so riduclously late), Nintendo of America will have a similar press conference to clear a few things up and let the American media see the video clips that Japan saw - IGN's information is all coming secondhand. So 24 hours from now we might know what the deal is with an American release date.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
hmm...how do we know it's getting pushed back?...for all we know they could release it earlier ( who am i kidding, it's gonna get pushed back :urg: )

Yoshi King

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoshiKing8
If it hasn't been confirmed already, grabbing an opponent who is in the air is back, which could also mean chainthrowing is back as well. Proof in the Sonic trailer when he grabs DK on Skyworld

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight does something that is likely a Final Smash in the first video. Cuz that's a LOT of damage for one simple move. Kirby doubles in painnnnnn.
It was his Side B. Check the B Move Update. It looks the same. Kirby went from about 80 to 111 which is about 30 damage and its possible peach managed to hit him as she came down too so I don't think the move actually does that much damage. Besides the screen isn't dark.

During the bit where Resetti is talking Samus lands and slides backwards towards Link. I don't think this is a wavedash. Instead, I think that she landed on Mr. Resetti and took damage and knockback. So apparently the mole isn't quite as useless as a goldeen. Definitely more entertaining.

Peach Sings! And she sounds so much better singing then talking!

New Taunts I can understand, but what the hell is up with Link reaching out and patting Zelda on the back? Are there Team Specific Taunts now? It could explain Diddy/Donkey and Kirby/Meta Knights antics....and maybe even the Boswer/Peach thing too.

I guess Pit's taunt is a beam of angelic light. Kinda funny.

On another note a bunch of Sonic's moves are straight out of the GBA Sonic Battle.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else notice Mario's cape is back? He uses it in the scene with him and Pit on coop mode.

So if F.L.U.D.D. replaced Mario Tornado as his down special and most likely his cape is his side special again... Mario Tornado is a confirmed A attack now?

Top Bottom