• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces Players, Rules, More for E3 Invitational

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Ah, well that's a bit disappointing then. That means four characters are not going to be seen playable and I guarantee that Mario is not gonna be seen unfortunately... Nobody loves Mario with the FLUDD... Including me. xD Would have been nice to get four more players to fill them in.
I love Mario with the FLUDD, not necessarily because of the FLUDD but because of the Mario Finale!! :D

Also, I main Mario in all the current 3 games, so, I have heavy interest in see him in action. I seriously doubt those players will not pick Mario, since most of their current main characters are not playable.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I love Mario with the FLUDD, not necessarily because of the FLUDD but because of the Mario Finale!! :D

Also, I main Mario in all the current 3 games, so, I have heavy interest in see him in action. I seriously doubt those players will not pick Mario, since most of their current main characters are not playable.
I'm dropping mario due to the fludd i mained him in all 3 smashs can't deal with it anymore.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96

Of course someone will pick him, someone'll have to pick him due to how the draft works.

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
if you can sit there and say that crismas doesn't look like a damn man (without knowing before hand) from that highly unflattering picture then you're LYING. anyway so...
If you're willing to treat Crismas with so much disrespect, you do not belong in this community.

Last edited:

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
My standpoint is that i want to see good decent players play, thats it. not mediocre players who get in simply because they have baby cannons between their legs. also gimr does play melee brawl and pm. he's quite legit i saw him last at ufgtx he is no slouch. i guess i'm just not seeing what about player X is more likely to bring "Maximum Fun" than player Y.

That's fine, my opinion isn't trying to win a popularity poll.

This one got me curious. And what are you exactly, the smash bros community police? Or are you the "shunner"? "Oh no that guy has an unpopular opinion quick get the shunner!" Is that your job?

In summary, like i said before i couldn't find any videos, the name sounds masculine, and the only visual data i have is that seriously unflattering, unattractive picture. maybe she usually looks like a knockout ten on other occasions but as it stands, all i see is the big jacket concealing any female figure, an ambiguous hairstyle and lack of any feminine touch in her appearance. maybe it's just a bad... no a really horribly trash tier picture. But it all makes her look like a MAN to me. where i live females dont look, or dress anything like her (much to my benefit). Furthermore it's MY opinion, i've made peace with it's flammable nature years ago.

Last edited:

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
This one got me curious. And what are you exactly, the smash bros community police? Or are you the "shunner"? "Oh no that guy has an unpopular opinion quick get the shunner!" Is that your job?

In summary, like i said before i couldn't find any videos, the name sounds masculine, and the only visual data i have is that seriously unflattering, unattractive picture. maybe she usually looks like a knockout ten on other occasions but as it stands, all i see is the big jacket concealing any female figure, an ambiguous hairstyle and lack of any feminine touch in her appearance. maybe it's just a bad... no a really horribly trash tier picture. But it all makes her look like a MAN to me. where i live females dont look, or dress anything like her (much to my benefit). Furthermore it's MY opinion, i've made peace with it's flammable nature years ago.
Stoopid tier attempt to justify your level of disrespect and inappropriateness...IMO this is getting embarrassing. It's not about your opinion.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
My standpoint is that i want to see good decent players play, thats it. not mediocre players who get in simply because they have baby cannons between their legs. also gimr does play melee brawl and pm. he's quite legit i saw him last at ufgtx he is no slouch. i guess i'm just not seeing what about player X is more likely to bring "Maximum Fun" than player Y.

That's fine, my opinion isn't trying to win a popularity poll.

Baby cannons between their legs? Dude, you're seriously making it hard for anybody to take your opinion seriously. Sure, it's your opinion but that doesn't make it true or right. I am just laughing at that statement right now and I can't tell if it's because of your poor choice of words or lack of tact on the subject of female players. xD

I never said that GimR was a slouch. I just said that he is nowhere near Top Level like say Sethlon, Chillindude, M2K, Mango, HungryBox, or Zero. GimR is more of a Smash Bros. teacher than an actual consistent pro. Besides, GimR is putting full commitment to his VGBootcamp so that may likely be the reason why he isn't going if he was even invited.

You live in the Bahamas. What do you expect? People over there don't wear husky clothing unlike in Texas or Georgia when it's Winter. Do you not have any filters in your mind, sir? xD

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
Baby cannons between their legs? Dude, you're seriously making it hard for anybody to take your opinion seriously. Sure, it's your opinion but that doesn't make it true or right. I am just laughing at that statement right now and I can't tell if it's because of your poor choice of words or lack of tact on the subject of female players. xD

I never said that GimR was a slouch. I just said that he is nowhere near Top Level like say Sethlon, Chillindude, M2K, Mango, HungryBox, or Zero. GimR is more of a Smash Bros. teacher than an actual consistent pro. Besides, GimR is putting full commitment to his VGBootcamp so that may likely be the reason why he isn't going if he was even invited.

You live in the Bahamas. What do you expect? People over there don't wear husky clothing unlike in Texas or Georgia when it's Winter. Do you not have any filters in your mind, sir? xD
Yeah, attitudes like this guy's are basically the reason more women don't play Smash... source: I'm a woman who fantasizes about quitting every time I remember there are people like him in this community.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
mediocre players who get in simply because they have baby cannons between their legs.

This might be a little hard to understand for someone who lives "where you come from," but in the rest of the civilized and educated communities, women are treated like human beings: they have the right to look the way they want, wear whatever they want, and look however they want without misogynist, sexist, "men's rights" activists like you criticizing their appearance because they "don't look feminine."

It's ok to find someone unattractive, and it's also ok to make a mistake on someone's gender. But there is hardly any need to post disrespectful comments about someone's appearance or figure, just because they don't look the way you think they should. You're not in r/redpill nor 4chan, and it's hardly an opinion when you start hurling sexist and discriminatory comments just because women got picked over other, more deserving players you wanted.

inb4whiteknightfag

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
People are saying the invatational is a joke because M2K and Mango weren't invited. But to be honest, Mango is a drunk and M2K has his own problem. Not to say that some of the smashers that were invited don't but most people know about M2K's and Mango's problems because are the ones who get the most attention and would also create the most controversy. So I see why they weren't invited. People aren't going to be invited just because they are one of if not the best. So I agree with the descision, everyone needs to calm down.

Last edited:

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I'm pretty glad that Nintendo invited DJ Nintendo and aMSa, the two best low tier players I've ever seen!

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
anyone know what day and time this is happening?
edit
NVM just found out

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I don't see xbox or ps doing that much.
Well going from a meh n64 controller to the gamecube controller to motion controls and then a tablet controller

Its Nintendo but hey they have been keeping the Gamecube controller alive

Top Bottom