• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces New 3DS with a C-Stick!

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
How much are you willing to bet that eventually there will be a NEW Wii U with better hardware. Making us spend another $300-$400 dollars just to play Zelda U.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
If this releases next year and I get one, will the data transfer tool allow me to transfer ALL of my internal data so that I can replace my old 3DS entirely?
I'm pretty sure it's the same as the old 3DS, just with these new features and some N3DS exclusives due to limitations.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Why make this but have a Smash 3DS? Ugh. Nevertheless, this just adds in more hope for the Circle Pad add-on, which I'd rather get over this.
This New 3DS has a similar Smash version, just so you know.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
and I JUST ****ING BOUGHT A NEW 3DS XL -_-
Nintendo loves to **** my wallet lol

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Alot of people are sadly. They saying don't you remember the dsi or GB to GBC. This shouldn't had happened at all.
It's not that bad really. They announced one exclusive game for it, oh boy. Look at the bright side. You get a C-Stick, a better CPU, better 3D Viewing, a much better value then when the 3DS Originally launched, and some extra triggers. I understand your pain for this having exclusives but Nintendo knows the 3DS is their best selling system and they wouldn't screw over the old 3DS owners. If they did who would buy their games besides the smaller New 3DS Users? Xenoblade Chronicles for the New 3DS Exists so it sells units, not screw people over.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
How much are you willing to bet that eventually there will be a NEW Wii U with better hardware. Making us spend another $300-$400 dollars just to play Zelda U.
Nintendo has never done this for their consoles excluding the N64 Disk Drive which failed horribly and is a good example on why they should't. Maybe that's why this is a Japan only system at the moment is because they aren't dedicated to the system, thinking it might fail like the Virtual Boy or the N64 Disk Drive.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Just in time for Smash!

Not.

:093:

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
They should have just did a second circle pad instead of that tiny thing. [Shrugs] Then again, if they did, people would probably be bashing them even more.

At any rate, I think I'll just stick with mine Ice White 3DS.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
I have to get a Japanese one, and I'll get a US one when it comes out.

But seriously though, no 2014 release for US, I can't wait until 2015 to get this thing!

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
"Fans in North America and Europe will be disappointed if they want to see this new feature soon - Nintendo has already confirmed that the system will not be available in those markets in 2014."

So essentially, if you want this new 3DS, you got to wait till NEXT YEAR. If you didn't previously own a 3DS and you're planning on buying this one, you won't be playing smash brothers 3DS for an additional few months.

I don't think I can wait any longer, I'll probably end up just getting the XL regardless.

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe I should just cheap it out and buy a 2DS just to shave off the hype so I can buy this new 3DS, although this is assuming the 3DS XL doesn't come with a special Smash Bros imprint on the front like the one announced in the UK.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
So you announce new hardware a month and a half before it's released? That makes no sense. They should've at least announced this at E3. I really hope there aren't too many more exclusives and the only ones that exist are ones that legitimately can't be done on an ordinary 3DS like Xenoblade. If you have to upgrade for a 2D Mario or Pokemon or some other type of game that doesn't absolutely need the extra power then it would massively screw over the existing 3DS install base.

D

Deleted member

I haven't even bought a 3DS yet, so now it looks like it would be a great time, if any.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I want this. It is so sexy. When I saw the Direct this morning at work I was so hyped for it.

But then people started saying there would be software exclusive to the New 3DS XL.

I can forgive Game Boy. Original Game Boy got replaced with Game Boy Pocket but was still the same system. Game Boy Color came out as a new system. Game Boy Advance was the next gen to Game Boy Color. Game Boy SP was an upgrade to Game Boy Advance. Then came the DS. I can see why people would compare that scenario. Not the Game Boy one. The DSi had exclusive titles because it took advantage of the physically things like the camera and digital things like the download shop that the original DS didn't have access to. Looking back on it I really didn't care because I wasn't interested in any of the DSi games and I enjoyed my DS XL.

But I can see why some DS owners would be up set and honestly, part of me is resentful if they really are making titles exclusive to the New 3DS. Even though I have owned a 3DS XL for almost two years now I still feel a little cheated out of the deal, especially since I always wanted to play Xenoblade CHronicles and it wouldn't be fair if they forced me to pay for a slight/average upgrade. I would of rather them just announce it as a next gen hand held then a current gen upgrade.

To be honest I was planning on buying one anyway because customizable face plates is just so legit but knowing there is soft ware exclusive for a minor upgrade of the current gen hand held is a little off putting. For the sake of those who don't want to upgrade I hope this is not the case. I hope Xenoblade Chronicles and all other future 3DS releases are compatible with all 3DS/2DS systems.

I would really be mad if I was a 2DS owner. Bought one for great 3DS games yet saved some cash forfeiting the ability of 3D then Nintendo pulls this. LoL

Best case scenario is Xenoblade Chronicles has slightly longer loading times on old 3DS/2DS.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
It's not that bad really. They announced one exclusive game for it, oh boy. Look at the bright side. You get a C-Stick, a better CPU, better 3D Viewing, a much better value then when the 3DS Originally launched, and some extra triggers. I understand your pain for this having exclusives but Nintendo knows the 3DS is their best selling system and they wouldn't screw over the old 3DS owners. If they did who would buy their games besides the smaller New 3DS Users? Xenoblade Chronicles for the New 3DS Exists so it sells units, not screw people over.
I like how in one sentence you say "I understand your pain" then in the following exactly describe how they're messing with their fanbase. I bought the 3DS to play RPG'esque titles which have been lackluster lately unless you count the two medicore games where female characters are the main characters(which I don't like). Now a bombshell of a game comes to the 3DS and I have to spend a couple hundred dollars to play it...in 2015. Yea, ok, NO! Fire Emblem can only be played for so long before you want something else. Here comes something else...just kidding.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
This system looks great! However, I'm concerned about the Micro-SD card. Does this mean that you can't use regular ones?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I like how in one sentence you say "I understand your pain" then in the following exactly describe how they're messing with their fanbase. I bought the 3DS to play RPG'esque titles which have been lackluster lately unless you count the two medicore games where female characters are the main characters(which I don't like). Now a bombshell of a game comes to the 3DS and I have to spend a couple hundred dollars to play it...in 2015. Yea, ok, NO! Fire Emblem can only be played for so long before you want something else. Here comes something else...just kidding.
You don't HAVE to spend the money for the system. If you are wanting to play Xenoblade Chronicles but don't want to buy the system play it on the Wii, where it's actually supposed to be played. RPG's on the 3DS aren't lackluster, but I can agree when it comes to JRPGs. You shouldn't have bought a 3DS for JRPGs primarily as there are so much more genre's for it in the first place, like other quirky RPGs.

Shog

Smash Ace
Great, my kind brother just bought me a 2DS. Thank God I didn't play on it, so I can return it

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

I don't want this. I don't even like this. I F'ing NEED THIS. The innovations are amazing, and the new C-Stick and ZL/ZR buttons practically replace the Circle Pad Pro. I can only imagine the freakin' amazing-ness when you use both. Yet another reason to get on top of buying the Circle Pad Pro. And the exclusives just make me want it more. My parents are gonna raise hell when I ask them, even though I wanna buy it with my own money. They just don't understand. But I will get it, and the Circle Pad Pro, and I will love it. This beats the Smash-Designed 3DS by a long shot. Love the GameCube color scheme, as well. Nostalgia. Anyway, TEAM, LETS GET HER BACK!!

Uffe

Smash Hero
I knew a second analog would happen. I'm glad I didn't wait this long to get a 3DS just to play Ocarina of Time. But now that means I need to buy this one. :/

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Eh can't buy this. have to still but (when comes out) smash 4 3DS, smash 4 WiiU AND Wii U GameCube adaptor.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It's not coming to NA or EU for at least 4 months, that's pretty ahead of time :happysheep:
I meant as in announcing that there's going to be a new 3DS model (before publicly revealing the device). It probably would've stopped me from buying my XL if I knew a newer model was in the makes. :(

Well, I'll just sell my XL to put money towards this new one. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom