• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS Direct on 8/29

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
It'll talk about Smash 3DS no doubt. I just wonder what other games that they will be talking about. New games mostly? I mean what big games are coming out that we already know about? If there IS any, I'd honestly like to know.
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros. 3DS, Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, if Bowser Jr. is officially confirmed in the game, then he's going to be my new punching bag for my mains to use in training.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
And Tanooki Mario as well :p
Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario... Like... Oh boy. We better not put Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr or Cranky Kong in there. That would be too fun. Excitebiker? NO. We'll put Link in there. You know, I actually remember googling "why isn't Link in Mario Kart?" years ago. I read some forum posts saying, "that's so stupid!" Now this all happens. Amazing.

Sorry for the off-topicish post, mods. Ilu babes.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Man, I have to leave for work five minutes before it starts. I have now known true despair.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
OMG YESS ID BE HAPPY WITH THEM BOTH!:D sorry for the shouting theyre my most wanted characters!!
Riiiight?! Donkey Kong Country Returns & Donkey Kong Country Returns Topical Freeze were both released after Brawl. They were awesome games and because of them, Donkey Kong deserves more representation. (Especially if it comes from the often forgotten DKC 2 & DKC 3!)

Wishz

Smash Rookie
Venus is bummed because he has to attend a dinner at 7 pm tomorrow so he will be unable to watch the Direct live. Rub it in his face by watching the Direct live from your couch and then follow him on Twitter VenustoBloom to further antagonize him.
Its happening live at 7 am not 7 pm. Right?

proxibomb

Smash Clown
If the leak showing off ESRB footage is fake, I'll still be interested in it. If fake, I seriously want to know how they replicated footage.

D

Deleted member

I don't see the hype... yet. Unless this is confirmed worldwide, it's just gonna be a bunch of Japan-only games.
Yeah, I doubt that we're going to see more Smash Bros. 3DS info (the leaked characters and all that) unless it's confirmed worldwide, like you said.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros. 3DS, Hyrule Warriors.
3/5 of those are WiiU games. I apologize if I misheard, but isn't this going to be focused on 3DS games? As much as I want to heard about Zelda WiiU, I'm kind of doubting that we'll see it at the 3DS direct.

D

Deleted member 245254

I do not think there will be a character because they would not reveal it for japan but not America at the same time.maybe a veteran.
There's some strong American entitlement here.

Nevermind America got two giant tournaments, America got the GameCube adapter announcement, oh and the Lucina/Robin/Falcon trailer airing at a time most convenient for Americans.

The chances of Smash information being outed is just as high here as any other Nintendo info spill...

Just remember, it's generally the norm that games developed and releasing first in Japan get information release there that needs to be reported on by American reporters. Smash is catering to an international audience as well as it can but don't kid yourself in to thinking that a direct aimed at the games home development country can't and won't be important only because it's inconvenient for America.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
This is our punishment for the leak. Japan-only Direct :(

DARN YOU LEAKER!!

Dan

Smash Lord
Why can't they ever do these things when people aren't at work or school? Come on...

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
3/5 of those are WiiU games. I apologize if I misheard, but isn't this going to be focused on 3DS games? As much as I want to heard about Zelda WiiU, I'm kind of doubting that we'll see it at the 3DS direct.
Oh yeah, I forgot it was 3DS exclusive >_<. But I do imagine we might see some ORAS hype.

Soul.

Well, I guess it's obvious the Direct is going to have information about upcoming 3DS games such as Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Maybe Smash Bros. is in the list of stuff they talk about? I dunno.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario... Like... Oh boy. We better not put Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr or Cranky Kong in there. That would be too fun. Excitebiker? NO. We'll put Link in there. You know, I actually remember googling "why isn't Link in Mario Kart?" years ago. I read some forum posts saying, "that's so stupid!" Now this all happens. Amazing.

Sorry for the off-topicish post, mods. Ilu babes.
I like how you just randomly through Cranky in your list with important Mario kart veterans. Lol, Dixie better get in Mario Kart before Cranky. I still can't believe they put Funky in before her.
Anyway, is this direct Japanese exclusive? :(

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I would've like if the information here on Smashboards regarding the Direct didn't spoil those gameplay videos. I was avoiding them on purpose and there was no warning to whether or not the text would spoil it.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I heard there is going to be a media event for smash at PAX, similar to the one at E3. I bet we'll get a character in the Japanese direct, and we'll see more of that character at PAX

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Wait, where did this come from? Is this for real or was it already debunked somewhere? Because I REALLY want this to be legit lol
nah its most likely fake since some of the renders are different from the other guys leaked photos Dr.Mario and puff stand out most.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER!

#ALL4MEWTWO

Last edited:
Top Bottom