• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
*High fives Cello, Swiss, Pichu's, Kuzi, and Tando!*

Really good game all around, and glad I was dead on on Tiger!

Sephi, sorry I was pushing you so much, pretty much I just didn't expect the town neighbors and town lovers, and X1's push with Swiss for the modkill really threw me off his scent :/

Prolly some more comments to come in a while!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have one last trick up my sleeve!

Everyone needs to vote for one person they liked in this game. They may win MVP and you can choose from both sides of the game!

Who knows what they receive at the end? Only I do. Please use the voting set-up and you may not unvote once you place a vote~

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote: Swiss

Hands down. He got this town back in motion D3, leading both a scum modkill and a scum lynch! I don't think the game would have been won without that.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie

You DO realize that little inconsistencies in how your role "worked" was why I was suspicious of you, right? Like the fact that you WERE slipping on those bits on Day 1? And how you were willing to target yourself, then magically realized that you "couldn't"? And your inability to explain why you targeted 3 people?

Kuz and Tiger, play for the town when are town, please?

Delvro

Smash Ace
I agree about Tiger, but Kuz had more of a reason to, since he knew that if he died, that Tandora would die with him. I wouldn't want to claim a strong PR like cop either if that were the case.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Zen: Then you should argue through the bullcrap rather than kill yourself. If I hadn't done that after your suicide, then we'd have lost. You were essentially PROVEN town; why did you throw that away?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Swiss

Hands down, his play D3 is what got the ball rolling for town getting two scum killed, and I really think that boost helped us out through the rest of the game.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Intentionally breaking your role restriction, after you KNEW that you got a mod vote for it? Yeah, right, OF COURSE you didn't think you would die.

Bull.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Set-up!

14 versus 4

Town

(1) Town Loving Naive Cop
(1) Town Loving Fortune Teller
(1) Town Paranoid Doctor
(1) Town Voyeur
(1) Town Tracker
(1) Town Actor
(1) Amnesiatic Town Gift Giver *J's created role*
(1) Town Crier *J's created role*
(2) Town Neighbors
(4) Town Vanillas

Mafia

(1) Mafia Godfather
(1) Mafia Schemer *J's created role*
(1) Mafia Trickster
(1) Mafia Prankster

If you all want, you can post your role pms! I had a little malfunction with my inbox and all my PMs got erased within regards to that. You don't have to if you don't want to~

Night Actions!

N0

Swiss: Did a Message
Tiger: Targetted MentosMan8 *successful*
Chuckie: Targetted Gordito *successful*
UTDZac: Steal and Replace *successful, Doll*

D1

Swiss: Did Day Message
UTDZac: Mess

N1

Tiger: Target Cello *successful but got stolen*
UTD: Steal and Destroy *successful*
X1-12: Flipped: Joey Switched: th3kuzi
Tandora: Forsaw Joey (got th3kuzi’s fortune told) *successful but no double vote recieved*
Two Pichus One Pic: Protected: Tandora *Failed*
UTD: Roleblock Two Pichus One Pic *successful*
Riddle: No action received
Mentos: Out of town
Th3kuzi: Investigate Spear Pillar *failed cuz he dead*
MK: Sent Riddle to Kidnap Spear Pillar *successful* (dragged away by ghost dog)
BSL: Tracked Pichu *saw them attempting to visit Tandora*

D2

Swiss: Day Message
Glyph: Mess

N2

Mentos: Voyeured: BSL *saw that he was attempted to be kidnapped and attempted to be protected*
Tandora: Forsaw: Mentosman8 *guessed wrong*
Two Pichus One Pic: Protect: BSL *Failed, RB’d*
Th3kuzinator: Cop: Sephiroths Masamune *successful; Result: Innocent*
Tiger: Target: Gordito *successful*
Glyph: Steal and Replace *successful, Snake*
MK: Sent Riddle to Kidnap BSL *successful* (dragged away by ghost dog)
Glyph: Roleblock: Pichu *successful*
BSL: Track: Swiss *failed cuz he dead*
Riddle: La-la-la: MK
X1-12: Flip: Cello Switch: Tiger *Cello goes into Snake instead of Tiger*

D3

Swiss: Day Message

N3

Pichu: Protect Mentos *succeeded*
Tandora: Predict: Pichu *got Swiss’ prediction and was successful + double vote*
th3kuzi: Investigate X1 *Successful; Result: Innocent*
Tiger: ????? Tandora *successful, Snowflake*
Mentos: Voyeur: Swiss *failed cuz of protection*
X1-12: Flip: Swiss Switch: Pichu
X1-12: Kidnap Pichu *kidnapped Swiss*

N4

Pichu: Protect Kuzi *failed cuz they died*
Th3kuzi: Investigate Mentos *failed cuz redirected to self*
Tiger: ????? Sephiroths Masamune *failed cuz of RB*
Mentos: Voyeur Glyph *successful, saw nothing*
Glyph: Roleblock TigerWoods *successful*
Tandora: Predict: Pichu *successful, Double Vote Received*
X1-12: Flip: Kuzi Switch: Mentos *successful*
X1-12: Kidnap Pichu *successful*

N5

Tiger: ????? Tandora *failed cuz she died*
Tandora: Predict: Cello_Marl *double vote got!!! but she died =P*
Mentos: Voyeur: Cello_Marl *successful, saw Kidnapping, Switched, and Prediction*
Th3kuzi: Cop: Sephiroths Masamune *successful but died*
X1-12: Flip: Kuzi Switch: Cello_Marl
X1-12: Kidnap: Cello_Marl *kidnapped th3kuzi*

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Tiger, what did you try to do to me on N2 and to Tanny on N5?

Ninja'd, Nvm.

Double edit: Actually it doesn't say. So what did you try to do?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
And my winless streak continues! MK and Riddle, you guys really shot scum in the foot with your play heh.

Definately vote: swiss for MVP though!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Intentionally breaking your role restriction, after you KNEW that you got a mod vote for it? Yeah, right, OF COURSE you didn't think you would die.

Bull.
In OS' game they didn't die from modvotes. Since J got that from FF6, I had it in my mind that it was the same.

You know we aren't playing mafia anymore?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
By the way, quick mod comment at J, you should've had Kuzi's investigation work on Spear Pillar despite his death. Like Cello pointed out earlier in the game, it helps cops to determine sanity, and it almost got me lynched due to discrepancies in how my role worked vs his. In future games you mod try to keep all night actions the same, fail on death, succeed on death, whatever, just all the same. Just a bit of advice for any future hosted setups :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Play notes will come when I am not tired after that huge flavour post which will possibly come tomorrow.

I will also explain 3 roles to those of you who do not already know because I have told them:

Town Crier
Amnesiatic Town Gift Giver
Mafia Schemer

All these roles I created specifically by hand.

People who have been reading! You may post in here as well and vote too! Please do, I encourage your input!

Edit: Thanks Mentos I will keep that in mind ^^"

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
*brofives to all ma boys*

Great game all.

My reaction to finding out I was naive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj9REaCzfFM#t=9s

Life linked naive cop w/ a GF?? God thats such a kick in the testicles.

Oh and of course thanks to J for being one of the best mods I have seen thus far. Votecounts and flips were always prompt, and the flavor always kept me guessing. Just an amazing game that deserved to be 93 pages long imo. Thx so much.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Shoutouts later, but I would like to just point out Glyph was repping it pretty well for the scum. Good try, kinda got cornered with that claim though.

Swiss and Delvro played on point, no doubt.

Personally I would say Vote: Delvro but great games to both.

I am so glad Tanny talked me into claiming D4, I was going to ride it out one more Day to get one more result. Now knowing I am naive, that would have been a waste of time.

Thanks you Cello for listening to reason on the last Day. Although Seph's post was on point, I was afraid you guys were going to lynch tiger, cello would die and seph might vote mentos in lylo or vice-a-versa. I enjoyed this game like no other and thanks to everyone again for making it so much fun. Esepcially those who made it into the top 8~ or so, **** got real.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for replacing so late.

I wanted to replace about 24 hours into the game but thought that Kat might be able to play.

And lol at Swiss (or maybe Cello) saying "Chuckie wouldn't replace out if he was scum." You shoulda known that 1. alignment would never affect how either of us choose to replace out and 2. I hate being scum anyway :p

GG though, I didn't think Swiss knew how to play town (or could recieve a town role pm in any game I'm in)

M.K

Level 55
MK and Riddle, you guys really shot scum in the foot with your play heh.
Mm, not really except for my own modkill. What shot scum in the foot is X1's decision to kill Pichu instead of Swiss on the night before I was modkilled. I TRIED to convince him :|
And UTDZac's being useless and having Riddle try and replace with a bajillion posts to read and seem townie was also a factor

GG Swiss. God I want to strangle you lmao

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I agree about Tiger, but Kuz had more of a reason to, since he knew that if he died, that Tandora would die with him. I wouldn't want to claim a strong PR like cop either if that were the case.
And vice a versa.

Even if the doc was still alive it would be a 50/50 at best and a wrong guess would have been the end of us both (if I had been sane, like I thought, that would have been a nightmare). I only even agreed to claim D4 because Tando had Unlynchable/BP.

Also <3 you tando, you're a really fun player to be partners with, regardless of alignment. I think we accomplished what we needed to, and surviving to D5 was no small feat. Great job!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Vand said:
And lol at Swiss (or maybe Cello) saying "Chuckie wouldn't replace out if he was scum." You shoulda known that 1. alignment would never affect how either of us choose to replace out and 2. I hate being scum anyway
You're probably thinking of me, but I didn't say that. I believed, at the time (Day 2, mind you), that Kat wouldn't have thought to say "Go Town!" when replacing out, not that he wouldn't replace out.

Metakirby said:
What shot scum in the foot is X1's decision to kill Pichu instead of Swiss on the night before I was modkilled.
?

BSL was killed that Night, not Pichu.

M.K

Level 55
oh right.

My bad, yeah, he wanted to kill the Tracker because....idk, I can't remember, he was more helpful to you guys?

IDK, X1 banked way too much on the fact that Swiss thought he was town.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
And vice a versa.

Even if the doc was still alive it would be a 50/50 at best and a wrong guess would have been the end of us both (if I had been sane, like I thought, that would have been a nightmare). I only even agreed to claim D4 because Tando had Unlynchable/BP.

Also <3 you tando, you're a really fun player to be partners with, regardless of alignment. I think we accomplished what we needed to, and surviving to D5 was no small feat. Great job!
<3 you too, Kuzi. I'll have to vote you because if you hadn't been willing to step in to replace, I would have been really screwed.

VOTE KUZ

Here's our QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/STq6c9Bxd3xWS

J, I think you did an awesome job on flavor. In general you were really good about ending and beginning Day and Night phases.

I'm very interested to hear how Tiger's role worked. Claiming Roulette was a bad idea, man. Made me think you were Oogie Boogie. =(

I'm really sad how D4 turned out. I wouldn't have even claimed if a) I wasn't BP and if I hadn't noticed my action had been switched. I felt it was very important for town to know there was a bus driver running around.

I thought surely Kuz was sane cop since we had already seen the GF and my action working proved there was a bus driver. Those two scum roles plus us being life linked made me think SURELY he was sane. I feel ultimately I was punished for trusting my partner's actions to work when I had every reason to believe them to be true.

Town actor would have been an easy safe claim for scum and based on Kuz's investigations, I turned against Zen. It nearly fubared the game for town and was not a Day I'm proud of.

Also, I want to apologize to Mayling and Delvro. I was careless and posted a convo between me and Kuz on my Survivor board. Mayling was very honorable and let Delvro take over the role.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Tandora...

I actually had a point to all of it. Everyone was demanding specifics or else theyd kill me... a roulette was the closest thing to claiming something while still being random enough that I don't know what's going to happen.

Essentially, I claimed I knew nothing, you all wanted to kill me... then I claimed roulette (which meant I knew nothing).

Also, the roulette was blatant enough that any scum wouldn't dare claim something like that haha.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Maybe. But the fact early on you were "leery" to target yourself and later you "couldn't" made me almost lynch you despite my town reads from you.

However, any gamble that works is well played, so I tip my hat to you.

I told Kuz several times "If Tiger is scum, then he's too pro." Glad my town read on you was right.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Here's my role PM:

J said:

Hello! You are Sally, Town Loving Fortune Teller! You are the doll of the town. Quite literally too! You are in love with the Pumpkin King, Jack Skellington (Sold2) and you two are connected together. If either of you two were to ever be separated the other of you two would not be able to survive. True love is such a powerful force. Hopefully it will prevail to the end and you two can finally be together.

Passive Abilities

True Love: When Jack (Sold2) is kidnapped or knock'd out you follow the same fate.

Sprial Hill: You two can talk during both the day and night phase of the game! Here is a QT you can use. Any communication outside of the QT must be forwarded to one of the MODs. http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/STq6c9Bxd3xWS

Best Friend: You have MOD confirmed info Jack Skellington is Town.

Active Abilities

Premonition: During the night phase of the game you may send the MOD a PM trying to guess who will be targeted for the NK. If you are able to forsee this danger correctly you gain two votes the next day. To preform this action PM this: Forsee: Praxis

Win Condition

You are Town Aligned and win when all threats to town have been knocked out! This is Halloween!

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have one last trick up my sleeve!

Everyone needs to vote for one person they liked in this game. They may win MVP and you can choose from both sides of the game!

Who knows what they receive at the end? Only I do. Please use the voting set-up and you may not unvote once you place a vote~
What is this... I don't even... If this is what qualifies the player for MVP, this is totally the wrong strat. It's the mod's job to declare MVP, not the players. First of all, the mod knows everything that is going on behind the scenes at the time and understands fully what is going on during the entire duration of the game. I don't think this method of voting is the right way to do it. I can't do anything to stop you, but from my point of view it's definitely the "easy way out" without having the backbone to pick someone the mod feels qualified for MVP.

Technically, I could be totally wrong that this voting stage is what qualifies as MVP, but if I'm concluding correctly, then... whhhhy would you do this? In reality, as you've presented it, we don't even know what we're voting for. >.> We could be voting for J's murder victim. What do they receive?? A knife in the back???

Anyway, if I'm voting for MVP, I'd AT LEAST appreciate the upfrontness of what we're voting for. Like. Just flat out SAY what we're voting for. How do we know who to vote for unless if we clearly understand what we're voting for? Everyone is assuming MVP, and that seems what it indicates, but I don't like to assume.

Everything in this game was convoluted to the point we couldn't play correctly. Town actor + confirmed lovers + town masons + naive cop + paranoid doctor who didn't know they were paranoid = town not being able to read correctly. It made it more of a puzzle board rather than a game of "find the bad people."

However, if the vote is for "someone I liked in the game"....

VOTE DELVRO!!!!!

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee: Pichu frans forever!! :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Personally I would say Vote: Delvro but great games to both.
I'm glad mah fran got a vote, but why specifically Delvro and not Pichus?

PS, I still stand by the fact that bus driver is the most OP mafia regulated role to date.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This isn't for MVP Mayling lol.

I already picked who I want as MVP. I'll make that known shortly.

This is not for MVP.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
This isn't for MVP Mayling lol.

I already picked who I want as MVP. I'll make that known shortly.

This is not for MVP.
Uh oh Swiss or delvro getting a knife in the back!!

Glad to hear it's not for MVP.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Who I liked? Well, I really only liked myself the whole game since EVERYBODY thought I was scum. :'(

Vote: Kuz

For being my bro even though he turned on me on the last day he was alive.

Top Bottom