• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nifty **** Combo on Falcon

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Probably isn't new, but I'm sure someone doesn't know about it.

Any level with a platform, grab falcon while you're under it, up throw so that he has to either tech or land on the platform. Tech chase to a stomp and make sure you end up landing on the platform under him, then upsmash.

I noticed that at lower percentages (probably between 10-30) you can get both hits will connect on falcon. That means this combo will add about 70 percent on falcon.

Pretty sure they can DI out of it, but it's worth a try, especially since the up-smash doesn't have much lag on it at all after the hit frames.

I'm rather certain this works in most cases, any comments appreciated.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Doesn't the Up Smash Link up to the Uair also?
There are more varieties of attacks depending on following speed.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I play Falcon, and this seems like it would work if done right, but I think downsmash might work too, which is always easy to follow up since even at mid percents Falcon doesn't go too far.

Renth

Smash Hero
i do the same thing all except i mix it up % depending but most of the time i do it with a down air with ganons head.

Edit:

I do this to fox/falco a lot too.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Downsmash does work too, but i'm under the impression that the up-smash does the most damage. Anyways, I just wanted to bring this combo to light for anyone who wasn't aware, as it can easily turn the tide of a close game.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Downsmash does work too, but i'm under the impression that the up-smash does the most damage. Anyways, I just wanted to bring this combo to light for anyone who wasn't aware, as it can easily turn the tide of a close game.
That confuses me, I thought you devised this with the dair hitting while your not landing on the platform. Basically like doing a shffl stomp under the platform but effectively "nipple stomping" anyone on the platform above you. In which case, the downsmash does not work. Dsmash only works if you tech chase with a stomp intending to land on the platform with your opponent.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
no, after the dair you land and l-cancel on the platform, this way the up-smash hits twice. You can do the "nipple stomping" method but then the up-smash won't hit twice, and i'm not even sure if it will hit them, they might have enough time to jump out of the way, or tech differently. I think that if you don't land on the platform a better finisher would be an uair than the usmash.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Sorry for the double post, but this serves as a bump and an extension of the thread.

I did this today on a Marth on Yoshi's story, so this has led me to wonder who else, besides fast fallers, this combo works on. Do any of the more knowledgeable Ganon players know what characters and percents this works on? If not I have some work to do :)

Top Bottom