• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nicktoons vs Sega (A Marvel v Capcom succesor)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Due to significantly less popualrity than in the 90s companions Nickelodeon and Sega decide to work together and celebrate what makes their companies special, to do this they decided to make a crossover fighting game featuring Nicktoons and Sega all stars

Nicktoons Vs Sega

Fighters:
Spongebob (Nick)
Sonic (Sega)

Stages:

Okay so quick story I found a tv tropes page for a fake game called the Nicktoons Vs Sega Series, which is basically an alternate universe M vs C with you guessed it Nicktoons vs Sega and I was like "you know what let's make this thing real in smash bourds" it's stupid yes but that's what bourds are for to post stupid things without consequences

Here is what we ain in this thread

1. The Fighters (of course)
2. Music
3. Stages
4. Gameplay
5. Miscellaneous

If you see this please respond if interested, I want to be prolific like the other fan threads and the other I tried didnt work out due to low viewership, so it would be nice if someone looked into this

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job #1
Nominate a Sega and Nick Fighter

What's a fighting game without fighters and in this game I want you to pick the first fighter from the Sega and Nick sides of things

Here are some rules

Banned picks

Spongebob and Sonic are banned due to being obvious picks and having an unfair advantage so their automatically in this game, however other characters from the franchise (Patrick or Knuckles for example) are allowed for nomination

1 character per side 1 nicktoons and 1 sega nomination

give a brief synopsis and reason for picking them

Have fun

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Nicktoons:
Rango

A beloved film released under the Nickelodeon name with a huge fanbase. Rango could have a cowboy themed moveset with lassos, birds, and - if the rating board allows it - guns.

Sega:
Bonanza Bros.

I like this game. There's your reason.
Thanks I hope to get at least 5 characters submissions for each side to have a good and diverse voting process

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
By the way I'm entering myself if that's okay

Nicktoons
Otis (Back at barnyard)

Every fighting game needs a odd character and Otis and the memes surrounding him would be a good choice, with the slapstick of barnyard and the possibilities a cow as a fighitng character I think he would be a nice face

Sega
Nights (into dreams)

A cult classic character Nights would also be a nice face to see, they would be lightweight and would do a lot of dream based moves

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Now the reason were doing one at a time for each character is that so that moveset development would be easier

As such...
Job #2 Sonic/Spongebob Movesets
Since the mascots are usually portrayed as easy to pick up and not have any major strengths or weaknesses and would be good first picks while also not being weak and useless for experts that should be our goal with these movesets

Some properties like weight and speed would work too

Any moveset will work but they should be tradtional fight game controls and they should have some references to their games and or shows

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 1: Characters
Nicktoons
the_loud_house_lincoln_loud_1.png

Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
Loud House is one of Nickelodeon's great shows and I went with my favourite white haired boy who I would love to see fight others like Spongebob which would be interesting.

SEGA
Hornet_Daytona_USA.png

Hornet (Daytona USA)
Yes, a race car. Would be freaking funny to have it as an unexpected fighter and it would work since Hornet starred in a fighting game seen here:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I just want to say thanks for everyone making these great entries

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You know I think I made a good reveal trailer

It starts out in what appears to be wave ocean, Sonic does what he does best and run across the water at the speed of sound, doing crazy sonic cd acrobatics

In his hand is a strange gem it's not a chaos emerald or a phantom ruby it's something totally different, Sonuc heads to his goal a outcrop of mechanized ocean facing dr eggman

However he has a partner up his sleeve, is that, it is plankton, and they both give and all out attack, Sonic gets curbstokpee by the two but before the can deal the finishing blow spongebob deflects the shot with his karate gloves, Sonjc and Spongebob hold each others hands and work together to defeat this new threat

Silloetes of possible fighters come forward some blue and some orange and they all combine into the logo

Nicktoons vs Sega

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Just so you know their is also a job where someone makes a moveset for Spongebob and Sonic

Job #2 Sonic/Spongebob Moveset

They should have some references to past games and use tradtional fighting game controls like M v C, I am not good at those types of controls and combos so that's why I'm asking you

They should include stats like speed and weight and the special attack

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 1:
Nicktoons: Timmy Turner (Fairly OddParents)

Fairly OddParents is one of Nickelodeon's most popular shows so I think it makes sense to be represented. He could fight by having Cosmo and Wanda create different weapons and gadgets or other objects seen within the show, the possibilites are near limitless!

Sega: Alex Kidd

Alex Kidd is Sega's original mascot, his moveset would be relatively simple, and seeing as he's recently had a resurgence thanks to a remake I struggle to think of a reason not to include him!

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay since no one made a moveset yet I decides to announce the gimmick

Like M v C their are tag teams of three that you can switch to on the fly, however should one player choose less fighters than the other player the game will go down the skullgirls route and the player with less characters will get increased attack and hp streghth

Now their are two types of super moves you can do powered by a orange or blue meter, to fill the orange meter you should parry dodge and or block attacks and with the blue meter you should give or receive damage for opponents

When the orange meter is filled you get

Nicksplosion

this special move is short range and deals massive damage if it connects, so they balance out

on the other hand if you fill the blue meter

SEEGAAA SMAAAASH

this attack has longer range and focus on death of a thousand cuts (think of Wii fit trainers silloete final smash, the panels dont deal much damage but they rack up pretty nicely) and are more in line with the reazie M v C super moves

All in all, if you make a moveset you are encouraged to make a Nicksplosion and Sega Smash as well if you want, if not I'll make one myself

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Need one more entry for each side before we continue with the process

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
It should be noted that until we make a moveset and stats for Sonic and Spongebob we cant really continue this thread so Sonic and Spongebob movesets would be much obligated

Job #2 movesets and stats for Spongebob/Sonic

So here is what I aim for when making these movesets for each character

Spongebob
1. Since he was shown to pretty malleable it would be nice to see the him change his form when using special attacks
2. Spongebob would be a basic fighter focusing on using special moves
3. Spongebob would have balanced stats and would be easy to pick up and play

Sonic
1. Sonic would be the fighter to introduce you combos as such his movesets would focus on combing opponents
2. He is fast but slightly frail due to his build naturally
3. He should use moves like the Super Peel Out and the Fire Somersault among other obscure moves

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
At 5 o clock entries will end and will be ready for voting so get you entries in now

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #1
Nicktoons: Invader Zim
B7FA9BBC-2A72-4C2E-B6CA-978B0E1AF455.png

Invader Zim is one of Nickelodeon’s most popular shows with a huge cult following. Zim has a lot of potential for fighting with his Irken weapons and technology.

Sega: Shadow the Hedgehog
D49DC80E-3F8A-4F03-81AD-9D05C23585E8.png

You can’t have an ultimate crossover without the ultimate life form, Shadow the Hedgehog. He has a lot of potential with his speed and power.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You should know that their is also movesets that need to be done for Sonic and Spongebob

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
maybe make a template for the movesets
Yeah I'll try

The A button is used for jabbing moves
The B button is used for kicking moves
The Y or Up Button makes you jump
The X or Down Button makes you crouch
L2Makes you backstep
R2 dashes you forward
L1 Grabs a character
L2 Pushes them back

Pressing both back triggers tighter let's you do a Nicksplosion Hyper move which is short ranged and does lots of damage

A Sega Smash Hyper move is activated by pressing the shoulder triggers together, its long ranged and focuses on using a death of a thousand cuts approach to damage

By pressing certain button combination from above you can do special moves

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I never made a fighting game template so this is the best I thought of, to make moves put in different button combinations from above and each character will have a unique Nickspolsion and Sega Smash attack

The movesets were making are for Sonic and Spongebob

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll try

The A button is used for jabbing moves
The B button is used for kicking moves
The Y or Up Button makes you jump
The X or Down Button makes you crouch
L2Makes you backstep
R2 dashes you forward
L1 Grabs a character
L2 Pushes them back

Pressing both back triggers tighter let's you do a Nicksplosion Hyper move which is short ranged and does lots of damage

A Sega Smash Hyper move is activated by pressing the shoulder triggers together, its long ranged and focuses on using a death of a thousand cuts approach to damage

By pressing certain button combination from above you can do special moves
shouldn't there be like, special attacks?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yeah special attacks are made when putting a combination of the above mentioned buttons, like street fighter if you dont know the combos you could only do basic jabs

Nickspolosion are short ranged strong hyper moves and Sega Smashes are long ranged hyper moves that do multible bits of small damage, all characters has a unique Nicksplosion and Sega Smash

shouldn't there be like, special attacks?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
In the case that the poll will end in a tie I will use a wheel to randomly pick the winner

As at the rate were going their will be a tie between otis and zim and shadow and nights

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nicktoons:
1. Rango
2. Timmy Turner

Sega:
1. Nights
2. Hornet

On another note, can the submission period last a bit longer next time? I wanted to submit some characters but was unable because of school.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Nicktoons:
1. Rango
2. Timmy Turner

Sega:
1. Nights
2. Hornet

On another note, can the submission period last a bit longer next time? I wanted to submit some characters but was unable because of school.
Sure, i can try to make it longer, you can still enter a moveset for Sonic and or Spongebob that has no entries

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Will probably take me a while since I've never made a traditional fighting game set before, but I can have something whipped up here soon for Sonic.
That cool, you would be the first moveset maker for this job #2

Top Bottom