• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
so the 3rd meme dad is as good as confirmed?
Not exactly. Timmy's dad never had the demand of Hugh or Timmy himself.
Timmy's Dad has WAY too much competition from other, more demanded and more unique FOP characters. Anyone who thinks he has a shot over The Crimson Chin, Jorgen von Strangle, Mr. Crocker, or even Vicky is kidding themselves.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Timmy's Dad has WAY too much competition from other, more demanded and more unique FOP characters. Anyone who thinks he has a shot over The Crimson Chin, Jorgen von Strangle, Mr. Crocker, or even Vicky is kidding themselves.
or doesn’t remember the show that well

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Or Timmy himself, or even Cosmo and Wanda as their own fighters.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean it's possible Timmy's Dad could get a lot of demand after Hugh's Announcement.
I don't think it'll ever be as big as Hugh's. Has Daran Norris ever said anything about voicing Timmy's dad? Either way he would have to be brought in for FOP representation as he also voices Cosmo.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they kept Cosmo and Wanda muted if they're fighting alongside Timmy. (and if Timmy is in the game) If Wanda and Cosmo are the fighters themselves instead of Timmy like Mythra/Pyra, then yeah they'd obviously get the voice actors back.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Pretty much nothing at this point. I think if a character whose show Nelvana distributed outside the US is in, Timmy is basically a lock for a potential second pass.

Also hot take: If we get more passes, I expect the decade ratio to stay the same: 2 2000's characters, 1 90's character. The fans are 2000's focused, but Ludosity and Nick still love their 90's nostalgia, but admittedly we are running out of 90's Nicktoons. And I think the 2010's are screwed for various reasons which I will state later, so that won't solve anything.
Outside of Doug, it's just Rocket Power and Angry Beavers for the 90's (unless you count Kablam).

Based on poll results so far, he’s eclipsed by Vicky, Crocker, Jorgen and Crimson Chin, not to mention the other top requests
Where are you able to see the poll results?

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
It's their poll, so I assume only they are able to see the results.

Speaking of, hey Quick Gaming (QG) Quick Gaming (QG) you ever post the poll on Reddit?
yep I did, I've got 288 submissions currently, gonna try getting it past 500 since that's what the last one got and see where we end up

also El Tigre is still a very firm 3rd place but Timmy is still slightly edging him out. My guess is he'll remain 3rd place

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Outside of Doug, it's just Rocket Power and Angry Beavers for the 90's (unless you count Kablam).

Where are you able to see the poll results?
That's just new IPs. They could always go back and add more reps for the 90s shows we already have.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
yep I did, I've got 288 submissions currently, gonna try getting it past 500 since that's what the last one got and see where we end up

also El Tigre is still a very firm 3rd place but Timmy is still slightly edging him out. My guess is he'll remain 3rd place
Ah, I didn't see it on the NASB sub I frequent (r/AllStarBrawl) so I figured I'd ask. I forgot there are probably others besides that one, hah.

That's just new IPs. They could always go back and add more reps for the 90s shows we already have.
It seems like they're primarily focused on bringing in new series more than filling out ones already there. I wouldn't be surprised if the next pack is three new IPs as well.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Ah, I didn't see it on the NASB sub I frequent (r/AllStarBrawl) so I figured I'd ask. I forgot there are probably others besides that one, hah.

It seems like they're primarily focused on bringing in new series more than filling out ones already there. I wouldn't be surprised if the next pack is three new IPs as well.
1652846862382.png

oh, so that's why I haven't been getting notifications :|

reposted, let's see if it works this time

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, I've completed creation of a brand new Nickelodeon All Star Brawl character poll, should have even more characters than the previous big ones so please do fill it out when you get a chance!

I'm eager to see if my favorites do better. Jimmy's probably getting instant first place after the decision to include his dad.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Well, a lot of people want SBSP and ATLA to get more reps, with Squidward and Prince Zuko being among the game's most requested characters, and a lot of TMNT fans want Raph and Donnie to join the roster so that all four turtles would be playable rather than half.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I think this concept is overrated when CatDog is already Pythra-like anyway.
You're right. Maybe Melee/Brawl Zelda/Sheik is more fitting. I think Wanda and Cosmo are different enough to have a different moveset. Hell, throw in Poof in the mix and you'd have a Pokémon Trainer kind of fighter.

I'd obviously want Timmy over the fairies, but I wouldn't mind this either.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I could see some franchise getting more characters at this point. Spongebob would be the obvious one with a lot of choice like Squidward and Mr. Krabs, but I could also see Rugrats having a baby or Jimmy Neutron himself depending of Hugh Neutron moveset. Maybe even another Loud house character. Honestly I'd rather have 3 characters from new franchise but I don't think that the franchise that are there are out of the question.

I don't think they will go with the turtles tho, it seems like the team want more variety than that.

Also hot take: If we get more passes, I expect the decade ratio to stay the same: 2 2000's characters, 1 90's character. The fans are 2000's focused, but Ludosity and Nick still love their 90's nostalgia, but admittedly we are running out of 90's Nicktoons. And I think the 2010's are screwed for various reasons which I will state later, so that won't solve anything.
I still hope Winx club could get in as a 2010's series, but at this point I don't really think it will happen because it seems like there's not a lot of support for this franchise (I think that's because there's a lot of confusion about who owns Winx club, but Viacom co-owns it so I think they could get it if they want).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I still hope Winx club could get in as a 2010's series, but at this point I don't really think it will happen because it seems like there's not a lot of support for this franchise (I think that's because there's a lot of confusion about who owns Winx club, but Viacom co-owns it so I think they could get it if they want).
Winx Club...never really had the same success with Nick that TMNT did, did it? Because part of the reason why I doubt any more 2010s representation is because Korra, The Loud House, and the idea that TMNT is a Nick franchise are all represented, and that's all Nick really gives a crap about when it comes to the last decade of Nicktoons.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Just let Timmy and the Fairies be a single character. Not everything needs to be forced into a specific duo.
come to think of it that could also play a part in why we don't have Timmy yet. If they all function as one character that's a lot of models to animate and design, not to mention having to implement the FOP artstyle in particular

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
come to think of it that could also play a part in why we don't have Timmy yet. If they all function as one character that's a lot of models to animate and design, not to mention having to implement the FOP artstyle in particular
Can't imagine it being as much of an issue as Rex & Pyra were to Sakurai. The trio could all use the same animation skeleton, some minor animations could be shared between Cosmo & Wanda, and their designs lean more towards Popo & Nana's simplicity than the busier designs of XC2.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You're right. Maybe Melee/Brawl Zelda/Sheik is more fitting. I think Wanda and Cosmo are different enough to have a different moveset. Hell, throw in Poof in the mix and you'd have a Pokémon Trainer kind of fighter.

I'd obviously want Timmy over the fairies, but I wouldn't mind this either.
Just let Timmy and the Fairies be a single character. Not everything needs to be forced into a specific duo.
Can't imagine it being as much of an issue as Rex & Pyra were to Sakurai. The trio could all use the same animation skeleton, some minor animations could be shared between Cosmo & Wanda, and their designs lean more towards Popo & Nana's simplicity than the busier designs of XC2.
I think you guys might be over complicating this just a bit. If they decide to make Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda a single unit, they easily could. Here's how I picture it.

1652892990854.png

You, the player, control Timmy. Miniature versions of the fairies float around behind him. Their animations mostly amount to waving their wands when granting Timmy a weapon, panicked expressions when Timmy is hurt or grabbed, and vanishing in the trademark POOF clouds when Timmy is knocked out.
Maybe there could be a mechanic where you can switch which Fairy is providing the "wishes" and thus have CatDog style variations of moves, with Wanda's being the safer, more reliable options, while Cosmo's are more high risk high reward.

We don't have any group characters who act as two separate entities yet like the Ice Climbers do (Youre technically playing as Stimpy with Ren riding on his back, not both Ren and Stimpy at the same time), or characters who literally swap models and movesets (CatDog mostly just turns around, since they're one body) and given this game's limitations, I don't see these things happening anytime soon.

Which means I've gone from rooting for solo Beavers to being absolutely sure of them, hah.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Even during the golden years it could get pretty bad.

View attachment 352814

"Let's suffocate our godchild just because he's unusually ugly, then laugh at him as he begs for air!"
Don't forget Vicky the psychopathic babysitter

As well Timmy's parents being neglectful

Edit: Also I found out that the 5th of June is National Lincoln Loud Day

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Even during the golden years it could get pretty bad.

View attachment 352814

"Let's suffocate our godchild just because he's unusually ugly, then laugh at him as he begs for air!"
I know, I was mainly referring to stuff specifically Cosmo and Wanda did to their own godchild.
Yeah I remember being shocked by this as a kid. That said, I think this was the only instance of them purposefully being awful to him in the "golden years".

Past that is another story.

Also, my idea for how Cosmo and Wanda could be implemented into Timmy as a character has been used before in other Nicktoons games like Attack of the Toybots, so it's got precedent.

Top Bottom