• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Guys Finish Last

yossarian22

Smash Journeyman
The link is dead
Edit: wow, this April fool's thing gets annoying
The url is broken for me.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I skimmed it because it's 3 AM, but I'm so glad it wasn't a "Waaaaah, I was so nice and she dumped me!" type of article.

Here's another one on this matter I also liked: http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

I find there's the nice guys in the article you linked, and then the nice guys in the one I linked. Both are equally annoying, and it's always no surprise why they don't get the girl.

If a said "nice guy" has the slightest chance at dating a girl even after she knows he likes her, those chances will be immediately dragged into the street, shot, and killed if the guy gets whiny or angry about it. And that kind of attitude will show just how immature you are for a relationship, anyways. It's one ****ing girl. Stfu, pick yourself up, and move on. That's probably your best chance for her being interested in you in the future anyways.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I skimmed it because it's 3 AM, but I'm so glad it wasn't a "Waaaaah, I was so nice and she dumped me!" type of article.

Here's another one on this matter I also liked: http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

I find there's the nice guys in the article you linked, and then the nice guys in the one I linked. Both are equally annoying, and it's always no surprise why they don't get the girl.

If a said "nice guy" has the slightest chance at dating a girl even after she knows he likes her, those chances will be immediately dragged into the street, shot, and killed if the guy gets whiny or angry about it. And that kind of attitude will show just how immature you are for a relationship, anyways. It's one ****ing girl. Stfu, pick yourself up, and move on. That's probably your best chance for her being interested in you in the future anyways.
Because you carry the burden that all guys carry when it comes to gathering enough courage to actually speak to someone who looks like you, let along, ask you out, right??

There's always another side, but you knew that, didn't you? However, you're partially right, and it's because of that shy attitude and indecisiveness that females generally prefer older guys, eventhough ironically, all older guys(speaking in general terms now)usually(ages 17-22, normally) look for is sex- in some cases causing females to come to the conclusion that all guys are pricks and that turning into a lesbian is the only option left.(aside from that ignorant "It's time to close my heart.") deal.

But yeah, luckily I've found my sweetheart.:)

Edit : Wow, gotta love the stupid random word filters for April 1st. Ninten? St0ck? <_<

Words meant were : indecisiven3ss and t1me.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Because you carry the burden that all guys carry when it comes to gathering enough courage to actually speak to someone who looks like you, let along, ask you out, right??

There's always another side, but you knew that, didn't you? However, you're partially right, and it's because of that shy attitude and indecisiveness that females generally prefer older guys, eventhough ironically, all older guys(speaking in general terms now)usually(ages 17-22, normally) look for is sex- in some cases causing females to come to the conclusion that all guys are pricks and that turning into a lesbian is the only option left.(aside from that ignorant "It's time to close my heart.") deal.

But yeah, luckily I've found my sweetheart.:)

Edit : Wow, gotta love the stupid random word filters for April 1st. Ninten? St0ck? <_<

Words meant were : indecisiven3ss and t1me.

Not sure what I wrote that garnered the snide response you gave me. I'm not even sure how to respond because I don't know what you're on about(and if I interpreted your response wrong, I apologize in advance. And it seems like you might have thought I said something about a guy's courage, when I was actually saying l.i.n.k).

Burden? There's nothing said about carrying some burden just because some dude asked you out. Some guys will try to put a burden on you for not going out with them, or will somet.i.m.e.s put their burdens and insecurities on you when you actually do date them. That IS a huge pain, and it's draining. And if guys act like it's such a burden to ask a girl out or to get the courage, then maybe he should focus on not caring about getting told "no" by a girl. This guy's going to face rejection in some form his whole life. Getting hung up on it and depressed about it doesn't help your situation at all, and it doesn't make you attractive to anyone else. Also, there is a pain in the *** that people do ignore about being a girl. Guys don't have to deal with the random drunk dude or ******* in a bar or on the street who just won't take a hint or listen to "no", but this is getting off subject and I feel whining about that is just as bad as a guy whining about the girl who won't date him.

Girls actually usually prefer older guys due to maturity and security. An older guy is more likely to have a secure job and be stable then a younger guy. It really isn't as much about older guys being more confident. There are plenty of guys who are confident at 16, but it doesn't mean they're mature. My last boyfriend was my age, and hot **** there's a world of difference between him and my current, older boyfriend. Of course, I'm not saying all guys my age are immature and "unworthy" or whateverthe****. It's just obvious that on average the 30 year old will be more mature than the 20 year old.

Anyways, what seemed to be covered in the two different l.i.n.k.s was the nice guys who are nice but just insecure, and then nice guys who are actually *******s underneath. I've seen the second kind before. I even had a friend who was half way between nice guy and ******* Nice Guy. For the first kind: Guys, you don't have to be this big macho guy who's the center of attention. Just be confident in yourself. Having the actual courage just to ask a girl or start up a convo with her could be enough. Pining over her and declaring your love for her when she's never reciprocated it is going to drive her away more than anything.

Dear lawd. I don't use this much, but serious tl;dr. I have no life.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Ah, definitely misunderstood you. What I meant by burden was that 'guys generally have to ask girls out,' funny thing is, my girlfriend MADE ME ask her out:-p. But that's another story.

I think that if you have your average body-size, and you're understanding and a listener, you have a higher advantage in the long run than mr. six pack.

^^^None of that should be thought to reflect on me, but coming from experience down here in Miami(At least where I live), it's true.

Eh, I'll probably edit stuff later, I'm sleepy, and talking to Dodongo about Twix is making me hungry-__-.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Haha, ok, I thought you did. Yay word filters!

It sucks for guys that they generally are the ones to ask girls out, especially if they don't stand out very much. I think girls probably don't do it as much because they generally don't have to. They'll just leave it to a guy to approach them unless they really like someone.

Half the reason Mr. Six Pack gets girls other than looks is that people like that are generally confident and outgoing, and bam, there you go. Guys who are quiet just have to work harder, but I think they're more likely to get a girl who's actually worthwhile.

Oh man. My mom mailed me a package full of candy for Easter. I got it today. There's these amazing chocolate covered pretzels she always sends from this small candy and nut store <3 I can't eat enough of them.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hahaha, now imagine they would have been Twix!

And yeah, you're right about the being 'outgoing.' Beating others to the punch.

Top Bottom