• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Such a thing was never mentioned during Smash 4 and we don't even know if those characters were heavily requested anyway, so that's different. And it's not really cherrypicking and deciding who it does and doesn't apply to. We just know that that's the case based on what Sakurai said during Ultimate
But some clearly were consolation prizes during Smash 4 as well. One was Geno, ffs. You don't need everything spelled out for you, you're smarter than that.

And it is cherrypicking if your argument is what Mii costumes stand for and mean and then say "so we'll get [specific character]". Of the costumes, there are countless who could plausibly become characters next time (not because they were costumes, just because of who they are).

and we can't say for sure that the third-party costumes won't become playable in the next game.
That's not the same as saying he was implying getting a costume was, like, the first step. There's no substantiated correlation.

Every single third-party we've ever received got included without being a costume beforehand. So it could happen just because there were a lot of costumes of notable candidates, but that doesn't mean x costume was a deliberate harbinger of x character.

I'm pretty sure there were reasons for those contents from those series and why the others got in instead of them. That doesn't mean that they can't get in the next game.
Yeah, the reason is because doing those things doesn't lead to playability. Playability happens independently, and clearly does not require buildup through lesser content first.

And yes, it doesn't mean that they can't get in the next game. But it also doesn't mean getting that content, or a developer showing an interest (which countless have) is a reliable sign they will.

Remember, Kojima was "begging" Sakurai about getting Snake in Melee, yet it resulted in the character getting the NEXT game instead and there was a reason for that.
Well Ubisoft has clearly been pressing Sakurai since at least 4, for all the good that's done them. Suda51 has clearly been after Sakurai as well. Smash is a hot ticket. Again, you can't cherrypick, many devs have approached Sakurai or Nintendo about Smash, even more that we haven't publicly heard.

It's also less likely Bethesda approaches Sakurai than they did before, given they're now a subsidiary with far less autonomy. They'd have to run it through MS, who clearly have their own people for Smash collaboration.

Again, we don't know the exact story behind those characters' appearances (unlike Doom Slayer) and Sakurai never mentioned Mii costumes as consolation prizes during Smash 4.
Btw this story is that they spoke to Nintendo, it amounted to "nothing serious", and then later Doom Slayer showed up. Regardless of the veracity or interpretation of the "nothing serious" to which those talks amounted, nothing here inherently indicates Slayer will get more than this down the road. It's not some promise of a gradually increasing role. It's that they talked to Nintendo, and eventually got a costume. Same story with Suda51. I would assume something similar happened with Ubisoft. And several of the indies.

It doesn't mean he won't, but it certainly doesn't mean he will either. Again, you're focusing on something that doesn't just happen between id and Sakurai, yet you're restricting it to id and Sakurai.

So there's also zero evidence that highly requested characters being Mii costumes won't lead to them being playable characters either.
All evidence so far is that highly requested characters being Mii costumes doesn't lead to them being playable characters. There is literally not one instance of that happening. No highly requested third-party character who is a Mii costume has had it lead to them being playable characters.

Now, again, that doesn't mean the character won't eventually become playable. But it being literally unprecedented means drawing a line between the two is entirely unfounded. If the character goes from costume to fighter, being a costume will likely be entirely incidental.

Like when Isabelle was upgraded from AT. Isabelle wasn't made a fighter because she was an AT, she was made a fighter because she's a notable, prevalent, popular character. That's why we would get Doom Slayer, if we did. Not because he was a costume. The root qualities determine the role.

Some people do know who Gil is and more people likely would recognize him as a costume in Smash.

Though I did notice you trying to exaggerate things, as I never said "all" people would.
I'm going to reiterate this question, because I'd like an answer:
So if he's revealed, there wouldn't be a much much higher proportion of the people in the west going "who?" than normal, right?

But then again, Takamaru only has one game that, for a long time, was only in Japan. Heck, he probably wasn't even that well-known among Nintendo fans. So it's not comparable.
Well all you said was having a fanbase in Japan made it a non-issue for Doom Slayer. You didn't say anything about size.

Takamaru has a fanbase in the west. Don't move the goalposts.

Because now it sounds like you're trying to qualify that by saying, well Takamaru isn't that well-known in the west. Even though... he is a costume. And an AT. Twice. And for you, that was enough for Doom Slayer. I mean you said having a Mii costume made being lopsided not a real hurdle.

The problem is, you're splitting up the reasons for what makes Doom Slayer's case more unique than others. It's not just because he's a Mii costume, it's not just because his company contacted Nintendo about his appearance, and it's not just because Sakurai described some costumes as consolation prizes. It's a combination of all those things with Doom Slayer, something you can't really say for other characters. It didn't help that you went back to Smash 4 when none of the costumes were compared to any of the ones in Ultimate anyway.
I agree boons are cumulative, but I'm splitting them up because I think these points are all immaterial and want to specifically address why.
  • I don't think being a Mii costume is indication of eventual playability. It's potentially indication of underlying qualities that lead to the costume which could also result in playability, but simply getting a costume is not a helpful indicator that the character will become playable.
  • I think a company contacting Sakurai is even less meaningful because that's not as special as you think it is, nor is that any kind of guarantee the character will end up being playable. They approached Sakurai, he gave them a costume. That could very well be the end of the story.
  • I think Sakurai describing costumes generally as consolation prizes means nothing for chances because that sentiment doesn't confer intent to make them playable, or even give enough specification to make that statement less open-ended. It means he just wanted to give the fans something. Which is funny because Dovahkiin was the one who showed up in the "fan pack", not Doom Slayer.
I don't think they build a better case for Doom Slayer, I think they're things you've interpreted as important when really they're pretty trivial, and Doom Slayer would get in based on his popularity and series prevalence, not things that likely aren't that unique even when taken together.

The only real benefit I see of being a costume for chances is not the costume itself, but simply the knowledge that the character exists within Sakurai's orbit. But a lot of characters do, so it's still not that salient. There is also the chance that future inclusion could be informed in part by Mii costume sales, but that is an entirely speculative theory, so embracing it as some definitive point would be flawed.
Also before you raise it that Mii costume sales list was based on recency, not all-time.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

There are so many beautiful tracks on SNES. I'd love for more SNES music to be in Smash. I'm hearing many of these for the first time.
Oh yeah, there’s a ton of awesome SNES music I’d love to hear in Smash one day. Here’s just a few of my favorite songs:

And here’s a few bonus songs from non game properties if somehow that ever becomes a thing:

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
If my crazy theory isn't true, i think the Pokemon rep will be something from gen 10 that doesn't yet exist.
I'm unsure if the timing lines up for Gen 10. It seems like the selection process for the next Smash happened this year, but unless the Pokemon cycle expedites Gen 9, Gen 10 probably won't arrive until 2025. Two years away has typically been too long in advance to select a character, so I question whether Gen 10 would be feasible for next game.

The problem is, it seems like Smash 6 would come out at a point where Gen 9 isn't the current gen anymore (though tbf Ultimate almost did that with Gen 7), so that promotion would be... poorly timed. So there are a few scenarios that could transpire
  • No Pokemon newcomer in base, and Gen 10 happens via DLC
  • A Pokemon newcomer in base that isn't promotional-based (so probably Gen 1 or some popular older mon), with the promotional Gen 10 as DLC
  • The promotional mon is something from a newer release than Gen 9 base, so like S/V DLC, or whatever shows up next year
  • We just get a poorly-aligned Gen 9 as the Pokemon newcomer

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm unsure if the timing lines up for Gen 10. It seems like the selection process for the next Smash happened this year, but unless the Pokemon cycle expedites Gen 9, Gen 10 probably won't arrive until 2025. Two years away has typically been too long in advance to select a character, so I question whether Gen 10 would be feasible for next game.

The problem is, it seems like Smash 6 would come out at a point where Gen 9 isn't the current gen anymore (though tbf Ultimate almost did that with Gen 7), so that promotion would be... poorly timed. So there are a few scenarios that could transpire
  • A Pokemon newcomer in base that isn't promotional-based (so probably Gen 1 or some popular older mon), with the promotional Gen 10 as DLC
  • The promotional mon is something from a newer release than Gen 9 base, so like S/V DLC, or whatever shows up next year
This is my best chance to get :094: since it wouldn’t make a ton of sense to still be pushing Gen 9 because it will have been several years old at that point.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Why would have the selection process for the next Smash already happened? It probably far from even being in pre-production.

And even if Gen 10 only release in 2025, if the next Smash starts development next year they could still pick a characters from this generation, that's what they did with Greninja and Byleth (Greninja was chosen based on concept art alone and Byleth based on Three houses early build).

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Speaking of music, the fact there's no Mario Party music in Smash is just criminal. I've been replaying the Mario Party N64 trilogy on Switch and there's just so many bangers in those games.
Or a stage for that matter. Something like the modernized versions of Peach's Birthday Cake, Space Land, Woody Woods, etc. from Superstars would be a good start. I know I bring up costumes pretty often but giving some of the characters something from Mario Party 2 would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Speaking of music, the fact there's no Mario Party music in Smash is just criminal. I've been replaying the Mario Party N64 trilogy on Switch and there's just so many bangers in those games.
We have several Mario Party tracks in Smash. They are just from the newer games.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
We have several Mario Party tracks in Smash. They are just from the newer games.
I'd actually completely forgotten. It's like two tracks from one of the 3DS games and a single track from 9 right?

That does show we have some tracks at least, but I'd still like to see more content from Mario Party overall.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Why would have the selection process for the next Smash already happened? It probably far from even being in pre-production.
Well, for a confluence of a few reasons. Smash doesn't (or didn't) have a consistent dev always active, always developing the same series like EPD3 or Game Freak. Smash was developed by a contracted dev run by a freelancer who had completed its contract and disbanded. To put something out now would require some degree of a team reforming - requiring new contracts, requiring new negotiation. Are they going to do that for... spirit events?

It's likely this is ancillary to the team working on what's next, rather than someone just dusting off Ultimate and then again breaking apart into the shadows.

Also because it lines up with other things. Namely, it shortly follows the announcement of Namco having created two Nintendo-specific teams. Studio 2 and Studio S. I don't think you need to be a codebreaker to decipher the likeliest meaning of what S stands for, given the recent history between Namco and Nintendo. If one of those is indeed for Smash... which is... very likely, are they just supposed to sit around? No, they've likely began work on something.

And if the development team exists and is starting to do actual programming, it means pre-production has already begun. And one of the first things Sakurai does in pre-production, after deciding the overall direction he wants to take with the game, is decide the characters.

Additionally, around now is when development would start if Nintendo wants to front lode the next console with a Smash title, which is how things have gone since the Gamecube - because Smash is a major killer app. So business-wise, there's a strong precedent. Which historically overrides Sakurai's waffling about Smash's future.

So, there was the creation of Nintendo-exclusive Namco teams, one dubbed "Studio S", and after that spirit events start again, which you need a dev for. Actual development follows pre-production, when characters are chosen. Plus it aligns with when Smash would start development to be present early-ish on the successor, which is what Nintendo has wanted so far.

And even if Gen 10 only release in 2025, if the next Smash starts development next year they could still pick a characters from this generation, that's what they did with Greninja and Byleth (Greninja was chosen based on concept art alone and Byleth based on Three houses early build).
Yeah, if it starts development next year it could. One year away seems within the window.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Option 4: Gen 9 is extended an extra year because Gen 10 is being delayed for once so they can make it the big 30th anniversary title. Allowing Meowscarada/Gholdengo/Whoever to squeeze in just before irrelevancy.

Let me cope
Meowscarada’s my favorite starter since Greninja so if we had to get another starter, I’d be happy with it. My top favorites from Gen 9 are Ceruledge, Great Tusk, Lokix, Koraidon, Miraidon, and Annihilape. I’d also love to see Hisuian Zoroark or Sneasler from Legends Arceus as far as other recent Pokemon go.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Option 4: Gen 9 is extended an extra year because Gen 10 is being delayed for once so they can make it the big 30th anniversary title. Allowing Meowscarada/Gholdengo/Whoever to squeeze in just before irrelevancy.

Let me cope
Meowscarda and Gholdengo are awesome and I would welcome either but I wanted Cinderace and still want Meowth so it's like hard to not just want everyone lol but I do feel as if gen 9 missed the boat it's ok :{

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Given how Greninja was based on concept art Sakurai was given access too during X/Ys development, I wouldn't be surprised if a Gen 10 Pokemon becomes the next newcomer.

That said I could still see a Gen 9 rep just as easily. If planning begun recently and Gen 10 stuff is less concrete/still too early, I could see them falling back on Gen 9.

The wild card here is if we do get Gen V remakes first, or perhaps a revisit of another generation (likely Kanto.) While that could factor in, I do still think they'd prioritize the newer gens over any potential remakes. The exception again, being something Kanto related for the anniversary.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
But some clearly were consolation prizes during Smash 4 as well. One was Geno, ffs. You don't need everything spelled out for you, you're smarter than that.

And it is cherrypicking if your argument is what Mii costumes stand for and mean and then say "so we'll get [specific character]". Of the costumes, there are countless who could plausibly become characters next time (not because they were costumes, just because of who they are).
Actually, that does need to be explained because we don't know the full story behind Geno. Was he pushed by Square-Enix? Or Sakurai? Or Nintendo? How popular was he among the fanbase?

If I'm not mistaken, Geno was a character Sakurai considered but eventually settled for a Mii costume for Smash 4 and that's what he still was in Smash Ultimate.

I also never said that all Mii costumes are consolation prizes, so it's not really cherrypicking. It's when looking at what the company said or how popular the character is in Smash discussions is when you can tell which MIi costumes were most likely added as consolation prizes. We see Akira Yuki added as Mii costumes but I've never heard SEGA pushing for his appearance in Smash, nor have I ever heard him as a highly requested character.

That's not the same as saying he was implying getting a costume was, like, the first step. There's no substantiated correlation.

Every single third-party we've ever received got included without being a costume beforehand. So it could happen just because there were a lot of costumes of notable candidates, but that doesn't mean x costume was a deliberate harbinger of x character.
Nobody ever said Mii costumes was the first step. However, compared to Smash 4, Ultimate had a lot more popular characters as Mii costumes and sure enough, it was during this game where said that they were like consolation prizes. So whatever happened those characters after Smash 4 still doesn't really tell us what happens to these characters after Ultimate.

Well Ubisoft has clearly been pressing Sakurai since at least 4, for all the good that's done them. Suda51 has clearly been after Sakurai as well. Smash is a hot ticket. Again, you can't cherrypick, many devs have approached Sakurai or Nintendo about Smash, even more that we haven't publicly heard.

It's also less likely Bethesda approaches Sakurai than they did before, given they're now a subsidiary with far less autonomy. They'd have to run it through MS, who clearly have their own people for Smash collaboration.
This doesn't really say anything. We know they had talks with Sakurai and Nintendo. But did they request their characters like Kojima did? And if they did, why didn't they become playable? All of that has to be sorted out. Everybody knows Smash is a hot ticket but that doesn't mean they WILL go to Smash for their characters. Inafune during Brawl is a good example of that.

As for Bethesda...they already did collaborate with Nintendo and Sakurai. I don't see why it would be less likely now, seeing how it's all part of Microsoft anyway.

Btw this story is that they spoke to Nintendo, it amounted to "nothing serious", and then later Doom Slayer showed up. Regardless of the veracity or interpretation of the "nothing serious" to which those talks amounted, nothing here inherently indicates Slayer will get more than this down the road. It's not some promise of a gradually increasing role. It's that they talked to Nintendo, and eventually got a costume. Same story with Suda51. I would assume something similar happened with Ubisoft. And several of the indies.

It doesn't mean he won't, but it certainly doesn't mean he will either. Again, you're focusing on something that doesn't just happen between id and Sakurai, yet you're restricting it to id and Sakurai.
I'm not sure what is the story behind Suda51 but I never said this only applied to Doom Slayer. However, the fact that you brought up Travis and not characters like Ryo or Gil, shows you know exactly what I mean; the backgrounds behind them means that an argument can be made about them being consolation prizes. So this is not cherrypicking.

All evidence so far is that highly requested characters being Mii costumes doesn't lead to them being playable characters. There is literally not one instance of that happening. No highly requested third-party character who is a Mii costume has had it lead to them being playable characters.

Now, again, that doesn't mean the character won't eventually become playable. But it being literally unprecedented means drawing a line between the two is entirely unfounded. If the character goes from costume to fighter, being a costume will likely be entirely incidental.

Like when Isabelle was upgraded from AT. Isabelle wasn't made a fighter because she was an AT, she was made a fighter because she's a notable, prevalent, popular character. That's why we would get Doom Slayer, if we did. Not because he was a costume. The root qualities determine the role.
You said all evidence so far is Mii costumes doesn't lead them being playable but there is no evidence of that. Isabelle was an AT, not a Mii costume and she's a Nintendo character, not a third-party character. And like I said, Ultimate was the game that had way more popular characters as Mii costumes compared to Smash 4. So all we have to do is wait for the next game to come out.

I'm going to reiterate this question, because I'd like an answer:
So if he's revealed, there wouldn't be a much much higher proportion of the people in the west going "who?" than normal, right?
Well, you did get an answer. You can take it however you want.

Well all you said was having a fanbase in Japan made it a non-issue for Doom Slayer. You didn't say anything about size.

Takamaru has a fanbase in the west. Don't move the goalposts.

Because now it sounds like you're trying to qualify that by saying, well Takamaru isn't that well-known in the west. Even though... he is a costume. And an AT. Twice. And for you, that was enough for Doom Slayer. I mean you said having a Mii costume made being lopsided not a real hurdle.
Don't try to ignore the differences in the fanbases here. Takamaru only had one game and he's not even that well-known in the Nintendo fanbase. Doom Slayer has had multiple games and is well-known in the industry. Are you really going to say that Takamaru's hurdle is the same Doom Slayer's? Keep in mind, while Sakurai has mentioned this for the former, he never said this for latter.

I agree boons are cumulative, but I'm splitting them up because I think these points are all immaterial and want to specifically address why.
  • I don't think being a Mii costume is indication of eventual playability. It's potentially indication of underlying qualities that lead to the costume which could also result in playability, but simply getting a costume is not a helpful indicator that the character will become playable.
  • I think a company contacting Sakurai is even less meaningful because that's not as special as you think it is, nor is that any kind of guarantee the character will end up being playable. They approached Sakurai, he gave them a costume. That could very well be the end of the story.
  • I think Sakurai describing costumes generally as consolation prizes means nothing for chances because that sentiment doesn't confer intent to make them playable, or even give enough specification to make that statement less open-ended. It means he just wanted to give the fans something. Which is funny because Dovahkiin was the one who showed up in the "fan pack", not Doom Slayer.
I don't think they build a better case for Doom Slayer, I think they're things you've interpreted as important when really they're pretty trivial, and Doom Slayer would get in based on his popularity and series prevalence, not things that likely aren't that unique even when taken together.

The only real benefit I see of being a costume for chances is not the costume itself, but simply the knowledge that the character exists within Sakurai's orbit. But a lot of characters do, so it's still not that salient. There is also the chance that future inclusion could be informed in part by Mii costume sales, but that is an entirely speculative theory, so embracing it as some definitive point would be flawed.
Also before you raise it that Mii costume sales list was based on recency, not all-time.
  • This is really what I just said; it's not just a Mii costume. It's more than that. We're basically agreeing on this.
  • Again, nobody was arguing this. What I am saying, though, is what the company actually said and if it is revealed that they did try to get their company playable and it didn't this time, why should we doubt the chances of it happening next time? Again, look at Kojima with Snake.
  • That "fan pack" also had Dante in it too, who is a far more popular character in Smash discussions than Dovahkiin is. And you say it's just Sakurai wanting to give the fans something but he obviously knows that fans want them to be playable characters. Making them Mii costumes is the next best thing to that.
You can think that if you want but not everybody thinks the same. We all know that Doom Slayer iconic status and his series importance would also play a factor in his appearance too but that's not a sure thing for their appearances either, as shown with lots of other iconic series that are not in Smash. When a company is requesting their appearances and Sakurai and Nintendo doing something for them in Smash in the meantime, it's not really unreasonable to this all could help their chances in the next game. Doom Slayer has so much going for him that it's a joke to compare him to characters like Takamaru or Gil.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Given how Greninja was based on concept art Sakurai was given access too during X/Ys development, I wouldn't be surprised if a Gen 10 Pokemon becomes the next newcomer.
Well, it depends when. So far all the characters who were included before their games came out had those games come out within roughly a year of the roster being created. Like for Greninja, Smash 4's roster was made in 2012, and X/Y released in 2013.

Meanwhile we know characters like Rex, who was two years away from when the roster was made, was too distant to make it for base.

And if we operate under the assumption that Gen 10 abides by Pokemon's schedule and releasing 2025, the roster would have to be compiled no earlier than next year to fit into the currently established timeframe for this kind of stuff.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Faithful to the original game or not, Little Mac's moveset isn't really fun.
Completely disagree. I adore his moveset.

Right up until there's no ground beneath me.

There are so many beautiful tracks on SNES. I'd love for more SNES music to be in Smash. I'm hearing many of these for the first time.
I come back to both of those videos often...

Oh yeah, there’s a ton of awesome SNES music I’d love to hear in Smash one day. Here’s just a few of my favorite songs:
Hit 'em with the Aerobiz!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Must have forgotten. There's just so much music in Smash Ultimate it's hard to keep track of all of it. Still would love some from the early MPs.
So many tracks, yet so many games without a track.......seriously, where's my Super Mario Land 2, Wario Land(Before Shake It) and Wario World tracks? And still bitter about no Alight or Road Taken from FE:Fates......we can really use 2,136 music tracks in the next Smash Bros...

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm kinda salty we're missing the default boss theme from NES Yoshi's Island. The piano theme in Super Mario 64 has no reason to be absent.

The Siren Sisters from PMTTYD has an absolute banger. All I ask is for more untouched original boss themes. Not the redundant remix spin.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i think might be because they have to ask konami for it? if we are talking about mario party games before 9

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of spinoff games, has anyone here ever played the Pokemon TCG game on the Gameboy? That game had some great songs I’d love to hear in Smash.

And here’s a cool cover of the club leader duel theme by Gametal:

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
i think might be because they have to ask konami for it? if we are talking about mario party games before 9
I highly doubt it, pretty sure Nintendo own everything related to Mario party even the Hudson soft stuff, similar to how they own everything DKC related even if it was made by Rare. If that wasn't the case they would have need to deal with Konami to add them on NSO.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
For Phoenix it's gotta be the star symbol on the logo for the AA series

Interestingly this symbol was given some kind of significance in later games, being the logo for the university that Ryunosuke, Kazuma and Susato attend in the great ace attorney.

For Kiryu the only thing coming to mind is the red circle you see in the logo for the older Yakuza titles

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I just realized something; the last Spirit Event before this was in January 2022, when Evil Ryu was added to the Spirit Board. After that Spirit Event, the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass ran from March 2022 to November 2023, and then after the Booster Course Pass ended, here we are today with brand new Spirit Events starting in January 2024.

TL;DR the Booster Course Pass is more or less the reason why we didn’t get any new Spirit Events from March 2022 - November 2023.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
What symbol do you guys want to represent new franchises? For Crash Bandicoot, I want it to be this C plastered above the N in one of Mind Over Mutant’s cutscenes (and I mean the C specifically, not both the C and the N at the same time)
View attachment 381763
I was looking at the name logo for Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and I noticed that the "i" in Trilogy looks just like the Aku Aku mask.

1702662720666.png

I think that would make a good symbol for the series.

For Ninja Gaiden, I say a traditional ninja weapon like a shuriken, which is what Hayabusa uses throughout the whole series:

Ninja Gaiden Symbol1_1.jpg

For River City, I think it's the logo from Kunio's school, Nekketsu High:

River City Symbol1_1.png

For Double Dragon, it would, of course, be the Double Dragon symbol itself:

Double Dragon Symbol 1_2.png

For DOOM, my personal pick would be the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation) logo:

Doom symbol1.jpg

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here’s another one. The flaming C from the Contra logo would be perfect for a Smash icon.

1702664008637.jpeg

I actually made a ton of custom icons for different series when I was modding music into Smash Ultimate. Some series have obvious choices like Battletoads and Contra but others require a bit more creativity.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My wife and I met in 2001 at gamefaqs, drawn together, both seeking answers to our gaming woes. We met "irl" in 2003 and married a year later. Fast forward to a little less than 10 years ago my wife was suffering a particularly harsh bout of depression. We lived at a storage facility in the office apartment on site and though it was rent and utility free the premises was stark and uninviting, with barbed wire fences, plain steel construction and a concrete lawn. She'd stopped playing video games and genuinely I felt as helpless as she.

That is, until I had a revelation. She'd always loved her gba and since it'd gotten ruined years prior, she had no outlet for her handheld gaming needs. Mobile gaming was a thing but nothing like it is today. So I decided to go video game shopping. I went to GameStop and purchased

images (20).jpeg

Nintendo 2DS XL Pikachu Edition

And of course I knew she'd need some games so I got Luigi's Mansion 2, Metroid 2 Samus Returns remake, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

She was so surprised! I'd never just gone and dropped that kinda money on her before and for something purely entertaining. And it was Pikachu! It worked! She started playing games again and since then has been steady into gaming again.

Today marks the anniversary of this story almost a decade old and here it still sits waiting to be played once again. Thinking I'll give Return of Samus a try.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Another simple logo idea i had was for Masaki and Cybuster. Which is just the simple "OG" symbol on the logo for the SRW: Original Generation sub series.
There are two versions of this symbol, one where the O and G are separate and one where the O and G are one logo
I
Either is good.

Top Bottom