• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is a strong point, and it's also relevant when talking about potential inclusions as well. While I do think the likes of DK needs more fighters, one of the reasons I've been an advocate of Dixie is that there are so many elements from the Country games specifically that could make a cool moveset if well implemented. It's why I've always had mixed feelings on those that advocate her being in as a Diddy clone; cool as it would be to have her, it would feel like it a bit of waste given what the character could be capable of.

I'd even say that while the likes of Impa does feel like a fitting addition to the series and as solid as she was in the first Hyrule Warriors, it was Age of Calamity that really demonstrated how great she could be in Smash.
Honestly I'd add Dixie for the sole merit of her being Dixie, not the unrepresented part of DKC, as in Animal Buddies and what not. Those don't directly have much to do with Dixie moreso than DK or Diddy. I want Dixie because she'd be a cool light weight, floaty grappler styled fighter, and the fact she's Dixie.

However I think she'll be overlooked for Cranky, mainly cause of the Mario Movie appearance and the fact Cranky couldn't be any sort of semi clone which Dixie could end up as... Cranky is also the original Arcade Donkey Kong, which is another thing that might give him the edge over Dixie.

Despite being the originator of the Impa support way back with Smash 4 due to her Skyward Sword appearance, I do agree that Age of Calamity really cemented what Impa could do in Smash. I do hope it's possible to see her because Age of Calamity is the best selling Warriors games, and the first game that's a direct spin off of a mainline Zelda game. That's noteworthy enough, and Impa has a strong enough legacy to be put first in case of a Zelda newcomer over anyone who's not Ganon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So of all the third party characters, who do you guys feel has the highest chances of getting axed?

:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero::ultjoker::ultkazuya::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultken::ultsephiroth::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsora::ultsteve::ult_terry:

That's an awful lot of 3rd party characters for Smash. 18 and I can see at least 4 getting cut. Richter and Ken would be easy cuts as clones. Sora due to the development hell all companies had to hop around to get him in, and possibly Snake and/or Steve depending on the relationships
steve as it took five years to get him in

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So of all the third party characters, who do you guys feel has the highest chances of getting axed?

:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero::ultjoker::ultkazuya::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultken::ultsephiroth::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsora::ultsteve::ult_terry:

That's an awful lot of 3rd party characters for Smash. 18 and I can see at least 4 getting cut. Richter and Ken would be easy cuts as clones. Sora due to the development hell all companies had to hop around to get him in, and possibly Snake and/or Steve depending on the relationships
I honestly do not think any are likely cuts rn. We really only have one example of a third party actively backing out of Smash which is Konami, and Konami at the beginning of the 2010s to put it elegantly was ****ing imploding. Unless Konami or Square or Sega gets bought out, I doubt we will see any of them disappear again.

It also helps that basically every company in save Terry and Sora (who people here love to forget Sakurai conceded was the most requested character, so I doubt he is as on the chopping block as people think unless for some reason Disney does not play ball, but they did already so...) has another character. IDK how you could be confident that Banjo, one of the biggest fan requests of all time, would be cut when the character that broke Twitter from the biggest video game of all time is from the same franchise as him. Nintendo purists love to imagine a world without Joker, who is from the most critically acclaimed RPG of the past decade. Joker is owned by SEGA, and we have ****ing Sonic and the ballot winner from them too. People bring up how Square is "difficult" because Cloud had only two songs in the base game. Let's ignore how their representation went as DLC and the music can easily be explained due to FF7's byzantine musical licensing. Now that you have one of the biggest gaming franchises of all time in Japan in smash with Dragon Quest, I doubt FF7 is leaving anytime soon.

A lot of the third party cuts talk comes from a place of "purifying" the roster. People want to go back to an era that never existed, where Smash was a game only about "Nintendo All Stars". Even in Melee's development that was not the case: Sonic and Snake, two characters who were in 2001 were very distant from Nintendo were considered. But people are obsessed with "purifying" the roster. Simply put, there is no easy way to predict cuts for third parties because it has only happened once, when a company was imploding. This is the only area that discusses Smash that seems hell bent on cutting third parties. The reasoning for that is obvious: this is one of the last bastions of that outdated mantra of purifying the roster to an era of "Nintendo All Stars". Outside of here, you see people elated about the idea of third parties in Smash. If there is cuts talk, it is much less centered around Third Parties. Even if we do see third parties being cut, we will not be seeing a massive backsliding. If anything, after DLC the next game will probably have even more third parties than Ultimate did.

Unless something drastic happens to any of these companies by the next Smash, do not be surprised if their third party characters show up again.

On the cuts talk, I wish people would realize that fighters are more than just "reps". You can also play as them.

Ice Climber may not be as unique as they once were during Melee but there's still no other character that plays like them. It'd be a shame to remove them just because they're seen nothing but as a "retro quota" fill.

This applies to other characters too, by the way. "Smash fans only buy the game to look at CSS" jokes are a little overdone but it's hard to not make them when so many fans act like movesets are completely irrelevant (or only bring them up to complain about clones).

Smash should provide a wide range of playstyles and treating how characters fight as an afterthought is a bad way to do it.
This. This so much.

People love to float the idea of cutting characters because of some arbitrary rule in their head, even when in Smash history unique characters being cut is the exception non the norm. Snake's compnay was imploding, tech limitations made ICs and PT unviable, and Mewtwo did not make it due to time constraints and Brawl's troubled production. It's clear that Smash cares a lot about preserving all the unique playstyles that are in the game as much as possible. But that's inconvenient for people trying to craft a narrative about cuts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I expect the Final Fantasy characters and Sora gone, and the Konami boys thus the Belmonts and Snake.

On the cuts talk, I wish people would realize that fighters are more than just "reps". You can also play as them.

Ice Climber may not be as unique as they once were during Melee but there's still no other character that plays like them. It'd be a shame to remove them just because they're seen nothing but as a "retro quota" fill.

This applies to other characters too, by the way. "Smash fans only buy the game to look at CSS" jokes are a little overdone but it's hard to not make them when so many fans act like movesets are completely irrelevant (or only bring them up to complain about clones).

Smash should provide a wide range of playstyles and treating how characters fight as an afterthought is a bad way to do it.
Yeah sure, Ice Climbers provide a playstyle no other character could. Wouldn't disagree with that. But the pure development hell of the Ice Climbers and them not being very popular nor the best possible pick for a retro character makes me question how much longer they have to be shoehorned in.

Sheik is a special case and to me a more important one, cause she was part of a gimmick of Zelda that's not even used anymore and the Zelda franchise has desperate need for refreshment on its roster. I don't think just cutting Young Link and revamp Ganondorf will do just that. Whereas Ice Climbers are representatives of their own series and thus are more forgivingly present, Sheik is part of a disfunctional Zelda roster that needed to be addressed as soon as Brawl / Smash 4. I would eventually cut Sheik, and add Impa in her stead who's loosely based around Sheik's play style. I'd even sacrifice Ganondorf for a new Ganon that's not a hopeless clone amalgamation of different characters. I'd only keep Link, Zelda and revamp her to be her BotW self, Toon Link , and Ganondorf optionally. That would leave room for Impa and a possible second Zelda newcomer.

Ness and Captain Falcon where also mentioned , and I guess they count as Smash relics too. Yet Earthbound is a game that's getting quite the attention when it comes to SNES games, and well F-Zero...? Yeah, what to be said about it. Ness and Falcon are quite a bit more popular and easy to include than Ice Climbers however, but it's a fair point regardless.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Ness and Captain Falcon where also mentioned , and I guess they count as Smash relics too. Yet Earthbound is a game that's getting quite the attention when it comes to SNES games, and well F-Zero...? Yeah, what to be said about it. Ness and Falcon are quite a bit more popular and easy to include than Ice Climbers however, but it's a fair point regardless.
Even if I personally still count Ness and Falcon as Smash relics, you have a good point with them being more popular and Mother’s cult classic status compared to Sheik, Icies, and Jigglypuff (that one was usually easy to make and low priority, but that’s another story)

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
There is a low crowd of people that wants Ness (and to an extent Lucas) and Falcon to be cut. But i think that Kid Icarus is potentially low-priority (To the point that Sakurai doesn't want to develop (in a long time) another game after Uprising. So Hades' monologue of "another game in 25 more years" will sadly age well).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even if I personally still count Ness and Falcon as Smash relics, you have a good point with them being more popular and Mother’s cult classic status compared to Sheik, Icies, and Jigglypuff (that one was usually easy to make and low priority, but that’s another story)
Jigglypuff has been a low priority character for a while now, actually, Ness was too. Even back then it was noticed by Sakurai. Melee was supposed to have Ness replaced by Lucas, it almost happened in Brawl too, where Jigglypuff was a low priority character too noted by having no SSE appearance for example.

I do think there's quite a big chance of even Ness, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon leaving if Sakurai isn't the director next time. Other very obvious Sakurai choices could be gone too, as his famous WTF-chararacter picks as Wii Fit Trainer and Piranha Plant, and of course the likes of Ice Climbers and Sheik. Out of these all, I have most confidence in Ness and Captain Falcon.

Something people might want to think about is the possibility of a thought process akin to what went into Guilty Gear Strive. Apparently, when building that game's roster from the ground up, they had a certain number of archetypes (I believe it was 13) they wanted to cover to offer a baseline variety for players. They made sure to include those, and then they expanded from there. We could potentially see something similar in a future somewhat downsized roster, though there is more variety to choose from in Smash compared to something like Guilty Gear. There's also the consideration that some characters' archetypes evolve over time, like Mario who started as basically a shoto and has since become more of a rushdown character.

I guess the question that would present itself with a gameplay-first roster would be what archetypes would be needed to cover a baseline. On a really basic note, there would be rushdown and zoners, heavies and lightweights, all-rounders, and probably some sort of division between being strong in the air vs on the ground. If people were interested we could get into more specifics, but I just thought looking at it as a of constructing of something might be a little more refreshing than just talking about it in terms of kicking people out of the club.

And as a preemptive disclaimer, I'm aware that in a roster of 30+ characters, a decision to choose a roster like this would be unnoticeable to consumers. But it might be a good exercise to think about the roster in a different way.

Laniv

Smash Champion

Sora, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Snake are in the most danger, but they might have a shot as DLC.

Simon, Richter, Bayo, and Hero are kinda in danger, but I'm confident enough that they might return.

Honestly, I can't see Joker coming back at all.

On a more cynical note, I feel Microsoft wants the Smash money too much to not let Banjo-Kazooie and Steve come back.

And then everyone else is probably sticking around, especially Sonic, Pac-Man, and the Capcom crew.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
A lot of the third party cuts talk comes from a place of "purifying" the roster. People want to go back to an era that never existed, where Smash was a game only about "Nintendo All Stars".
Some, not all. There are plenty of people who think some third party cuts will happen even if they don't want them to...

People want to go back to an era that never existed, where Smash was a game only about "Nintendo All Stars". Even in Melee's development that was not the case: Sonic and Snake, two characters who were in 2001 were very distant from Nintendo were considered
If you want to say it never existed, then your argument has to go back farther than just Melee.

But even as recently as Melee Brawl 4, third parties were referred to explicitly and almost universally as guests while Nintendo characters made up like 90+% of the roster. Them being open to a few guests as far back as Melee/Brawl is not the same as we have now, nor is it the total end to "Nintendo Allstars" even with the number we have now. Entertaining a very small contingent of guests in Melee is also not the same as actually pulling the trigger on it, nor would that have detracted, if it did happen, from the main themes of adding big Nintendo stars like Peach and Bowser, other then-relevant Nintendo picks like Sheik or Roy, and characters aimed at representing Nintendo-specific history like G&W or the NES retro rep quota.

And remember, Snake joining was a pretty special circumstance more than any indication of some underlying design principle; Sonic was one of the last characters added to Brawl.

If it isn't enough, then look at the backs of the English-translated game boxes:

Melee: "The all-star brawl is on! Nintendo's biggest stars are all here!"

Brawl: "Nintendo worlds collide!"

Wii U: "Nintendo all-stars do battle!" and "Guest stars join in!"

It always had to do with all-stars and third party guests were one of many relatively non-essential features.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
On the one hand i could see Joker getting cut because P5 wouldn't be relevant anymore by the time the next smash hits.

On the other hand Atlus milks the Persona characters for all their worth, the P3 and P4 gangs are still popular today over a decade after their games first came out, if P5 remains like that then i could see Joker coming back.

Honestly at this point there are so many third parties involved in smash that calling these characters "Guest characters" or anyvariation of the term just feels weird.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Actually the number of third party characters in Ultimate is largely the product of just two factors:

Everyone is Here
Lots of DLC

These two fed into each other with 4's 3P DLC baked into EiH.

Other than that things were basically par for the course with just one unique third party newcomer in base.

From this perspective Ultimate is just a unicorn that might not ever happen again.

Last edited:

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
If it isn't enough, then look at the backs of the English-translated game boxes:

Melee: "The all-star brawl is on! Nintendo's biggest stars are all here!"

Brawl: "Nintendo worlds collide!"

Wii U: "Nintendo all-stars do battle!" and "Guest stars join in!"

It always had to do with all-stars and third party guests were one of many relatively non-essential features.
I can confirm that the Japanese boxes refer to "Nintendo all-stars" as well. This applies as late as both 3DS and WiiU. Amusingly enough, Melee is the one game (besides Ultimate) which doesn't refer to "Nintendo all-stars" (though it does refer to "all-stars"). And the Japanese Brawl box even says "Nintendo all-stars plus guests" (you can notice a plus sign in a little banner amongst the text).

Actually the number of third party characters in Ultimate is largely the product of just two factors:

Everyone is Here
Lots of DLC

These two fed into each other with 4's 3P DLC baked into EiH.

Other than that things were basically par for the course with just one unique third party newcomer in base.

From this perspective Ultimate is just a unicorn that might not ever happen again.
Indeed, and it's for this reason why, as much as I'm hoping for Everyone Is Here to continue, even I would acknowledge that we'd be pretty hard-pressed to have it in the base game, especially given the sheer amount of third parties introduced in Ultimate's DLC cycle.

Quillion

Smash Hero

Just wondering, what is your opinion on characters that seem to be loved more as "playing as them" rather than as "reps" for whatever reason?

We've got characters like Captain Falcon, who is more known for Smash than F-Zero; Ganondorf and Wario, who are incredibly divisive between fans who love playing as them and critics who consider them poorly representative of their canon portrayals; and Sheik, who while mildly iconic for being a major OoT-specific character, is more famous for being a competitive favorite in one Smash game.

Being a representative and providing a playstyle needs to be a balance of both these and other elements. The above mentioned characters maybe focus a bit too much on the latter, while much of the newer characters focus too much on the former.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
the thing that saved the north american video game market celebrates inadequacy?
That doesn't change the fact that neither Gyromite nor Stack Up were actually good games.

2 games...25 years ago...both bad. Doesn't warrant a fighter slot. Shoulda been an AT at best.

Sora.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Something people might want to think about is the possibility of a thought process akin to what went into Guilty Gear Strive. Apparently, when building that game's roster from the ground up, they had a certain number of archetypes (I believe it was 13) they wanted to cover to offer a baseline variety for players. They made sure to include those, and then they expanded from there. We could potentially see something similar in a future somewhat downsized roster, though there is more variety to choose from in Smash compared to something like Guilty Gear. There's also the consideration that some characters' archetypes evolve over time, like Mario who started as basically a shoto and has since become more of a rushdown character.

I guess the question that would present itself with a gameplay-first roster would be what archetypes would be needed to cover a baseline. On a really basic note, there would be rushdown and zoners, heavies and lightweights, all-rounders, and probably some sort of division between being strong in the air vs on the ground. If people were interested we could get into more specifics, but I just thought looking at it as a of constructing of something might be a little more refreshing than just talking about it in terms of kicking people out of the club.

And as a preemptive disclaimer, I'm aware that in a roster of 30+ characters, a decision to choose a roster like this would be unnoticeable to consumers. But it might be a good exercise to think about the roster in a different way.
Thing is, Smash isn't a traditional fighter. Most characters don't really fall into one archetype. Sure, some do. But it's definitely not the case for the whole roster. Maybe so with Smash 64, but not so much afterwards.

Besides that, Smash has way more lightweight combo based fighters than heavy hard hitters. The balance is better in Ultimate than Smash 4, but still...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That doesn't change the fact that neither Gyromite nor Stack Up were actually good games.

2 games...25 years ago...both bad. Doesn't warrant a fighter slot. Shoulda been an AT at best..
and saving one of the biggest video game markets in the world doesnt count cause the games were rubbish? thats not even slightly fair as theres no such thing as an objectively good or bad game. rob got in cause of his legacy not because of the quality of his games and if he didnt then that just proves that sakurai liked the games

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Wait ROB saved America from the video game crash of 83? I mean he was pretty cool but having been a huge Atari fan back then I don't recall that being the case.... In fact to me and my friends it was Super Mario, Zelda, Punch Out, heck Top Gun even lol. Double Dribble. It was the sheer magnitude of graphically better looking games and hype music and sound effects! It was Nintendo Power, it was so many things. ROB was forgotten about quick even back in the late 80s. At least in my area/experience.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wait ROB saved America from the video game crash of 83? I mean he was pretty cool but having been a huge Atari fan back then I don't recall that being the case.... In fact to me and my friends it was Super Mario, Zelda, Punch Out, heck Top Gun even lol. Double Dribble. It was the sheer magnitude of graphically better looking games and hype music and sound effects! It was Nintendo Power, it was so many things. ROB was forgotten about quick even back in the late 80s. At least in my area/experience.
due to the video game market in crash Nintendo rebranded their family computer system to a general entertainment system with a large focus on r.o.b. as an interactive toy. The effort was an instant success and gave Nintendo the foot hold they needed.
r.o.b. may not have saved the market alone, that’s just an exaggeration to make a point, in the same way E.T. wasn’t solely responsible for the crash in the first place, but to discredit r.o.b.’s contribution to both Nintendo and the market just isn’t fair.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Some believe that Mr. Game & Watch will be removed from the Super Smash Bros. series, but as we all know he is based on characters from the Game & Watch series and was made for the Super Smash Bros. series, so I do not see a reason to remove him and I would not want it to happen either. Of course I would not want the R.O.B. to be removed either.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As far as the Video Game Crash and Nintendo, the former was caused by a multitude of factors, with ET only really being the cherry on top (it's not even really that terrible a game given how quickly it was developed; just far too obtuse and underwhelming given the license). With the latter while the NES likely would have eventually gotten big without ROB based on the strength of the library and the quality control of titles, the gimmick did get them into the North American Market with greater ease, and avoided an early sluggish period they might have otherwise had. Its importance wasn't so much to gamers (who likely got bored with the novelty fairly quickly) as much as it was being a safe product to retailers that were wary of stocking video games after the crash, and parents that could comfortably view it as something different from the disposable VG releases from a few years prior.

Really, I've always viewed ROB as a bit of a fighter tribute to Nintendo's history as a toy company anyway, so the mega relevance/importance angle has never been that critical to me.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
In the next game of the Super Smash Bros. series, they have to put a stage based from Gyromite for the R.O.B..

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As far as the Video Game Crash and Nintendo, the former was caused by a multitude of factors, with ET only really being the cherry on top (it's not even really that terrible a game given how quickly it was developed; just far too obtuse and underwhelming given the license). With the latter while the NES likely would have eventually gotten big without ROB based on the strength of the library and the quality control of titles, the gimmick did get them into the North American Market with greater ease, and avoided an early sluggish period they might have otherwise had. Its importance wasn't so much to gamers (who likely got bored with the novelty fairly quickly) as much as it was being a safe product to retailers that were wary of stocking video games after the crash, and parents that could comfortably view it as something different from the disposable VG releases from a few years prior.

Really, I've always viewed ROB as a bit of a fighter tribute to Nintendo's history as a toy company anyway, so the mega relevance/importance angle has never been that critical to me.
why wouldnt they put in one of the actual toys then?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
not because of his success?
I would assume that played a factor to a degree; it's that in terms of Nintendo's toys/toy oriented peripherals in their history that one could realistically make a fighter, he also makes the most sense because he's essentially a semi-anthropomorphic robot. Certainly it's an easier task than doing so with old playing cards, Color TV Game 15, or the Ultra Hand.

toonito

Smash Ace

this is all my speculation

i might be off but based on how the Sony/EVO situation went down any 3rd party bought out by Sony might not make it back. SE has been rumored to be bought out by Sony for a while so if that becomes the case then their characters may not return.

Banjo and Steve i lean towards returning in the future. Joker's a tossup. not sure if Sora and Sephiroth will return.

I think Bayo, Pac-Man and/or Kazuya, Sonic, Snake and/or Simon, Mega Man, Ryu, and Terry have a good chance of returning.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would assume that played a factor to a degree; it's that in terms of Nintendo's toys/toy oriented peripherals in their history that one could realistically make a fighter, he also makes the most sense because he's essentially a semi-anthropomorphic robot. Certainly it's an easier task than doing so with old playing cards, Color TV Game 15, or the Ultra Hand.
well you’ll have to excuse me cause I find it a bit of a stretch that they’re representing part of their history with something that came after that part

Stratos

Smash Ace
The Mini Kangaroo from the Mini Game Series could come as a newcomer and its moves are based on Nintendo's toys.

1653233451545.png

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
well you’ll have to excuse me cause I find it a bit of a stretch that they’re representing part of their history with something that came after that part
In fairness, I did state that the toy tribute was how I viewed ROB as a fighter, not that anyone else had to. If you see him as being in due to his role in Nintendo's North American success, more power to you. At the very least, I think we can agree on that he's worth keeping around, regardless of reason.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In fairness, I did state that the toy tribute was how I viewed ROB as a fighter, not that anyone else had to. If you see him as being in due to his role in Nintendo's North American success, more power to you. At the very least, I think we can agree on that he's worth keeping around, regardless of reason.
yes we can agree on that if nothing else

and I will also say that I’ve heard more unusual theories about representation, for example I’ve met people who thought the villager repped wii sports

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
The R.O.B. is destined to appear as a fighter in the Super Smash Bros. series forever.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If Sora comes back for the next Smash i hope we get a couple more songs with him.
The selection we have in Smash isn't bad but like, all my favorite Kingdom hearts tracks were songs that came from games that were released after the first one lol

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Mickey Mouse being the first charatcer revealed for Smash 6.
But thankfully that would just be a pipe nightmare.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking
Should the bext smash game have a tag team mode like marvel vs capcom
And using r3 or l3 buttons to switch between characters

Im not sure if this might be a problem since the gamecube controllers dont have clickable sticks

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was thinking
Should the bext smash game have a tag team mode like marvel vs capcom
And using r3 or l3 buttons to switch between characters

Im not sure if this might be a problem since the gamecube controllers dont have clickable sticks
Personally i hope that one mode in ultimate comes back in the future, it's something like a tag mechanic.

I forgot what it's called, squad strike, right?

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
the thing that saved the north american video game market celebrates inadequacy?
I say Mario did that.

I never really understood why ROB was credited for doing that when Super Mario Bros. was always cited as the game that saved the industry from the crash.

Some believe that Mr. Game & Watch will be removed from the Super Smash Bros. series, but as we all know he is based on characters from the Game & Watch series and was made for the Super Smash Bros. series, so I do not see a reason to remove him and I would not want it to happen either. Of course I would not want the R.O.B. to be removed either.
He represents one of Nintendo's earliest consoles. He's not going anywhere.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
and saving one of the biggest video game markets in the world doesnt count cause the games were rubbish?
Uh, yeah. Like, who gives a ****? What does ANY of that have to do with whether a glorified CONTROLLER(and a really bad controller to to boot) should be a fighter in a fighting game?

Next we just gonna make the Power Glove a playable fighter because it was a popular meme despite being a complete piece of ****?

Also, I feel like the idea that ROB "saved the NA video game market" is...like...I don't know where you're getting that. Like, I never new ANYONE that had a ROB. But pretty much everyone I knew had the NES with Zapper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom