• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If an April Fools Character were to be added to Smash, who would it be?
Tails seems pretty likely, if anyone remembers this from way back:

I'm surprised that he hasn't been added; he seems like a popular and easy second Sonic character. (since, if need be, they could make him a Ken- or Chrom-style semi-clone)

Dinoman96

Smash Master
They should add Geno, but everytime you try to select him on the CSS, you just hear

Ivander

Smash Legend
From the Brawl DOJO, on Saki:

"There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!"

The Saki AT being removed is, unfortunately, likely a product of him not being quite this popular anymore and not being active anymore. But he IS pretty cool still, so it stinks that he was removed.
I mean, a Mii Costume is rather nice. And some of the Mii Costumes looked pretty nice this time around.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I mean, a Mii Costume is rather nice. And some of the Mii Costumes looked pretty nice this time around.
I'd rather have the AT back than the costume since it would give us a full new model for him and probably more casuals would see and notice him that way. But I suppose you can use Mii Gunner and make him hold the Beam Sword at the same time (haha), or make him a swordsman and have him hold a shooting item, so it's something, yeah.

If he were playable, I would imagine him as a rare projectile-heavy character that is still more rushdown than zoner. Idk how exactly they'd pull it off mechanically, though.

Last edited:

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
Part of what you should think about with a roster isn't just what characters you can simply put in it, but what characters would fit together and what characters would give in terms of fighting style/control.
Like it's one thing to simply put any characters you can think of into a game. It's easy to put characters like Mario, Master Chief, Samus, Dragonborn, etc, together just because you can. It's another thing entirely to put in characters with a plan and idea in mind for those characters. Like why you chose those characters in particular, why you chose the moveset for them, why you chose them to interact with each other, etc.
Like sure, it's easy to get people to feel ecstatic seeing these characters side-by-side, but it's an even grander feeling when you get your audience to feel like these characters can truly fit with each other because of how well they interact with each other, how their movesets fit, etc.
Gameplay should also be a factor. If this hypothetical crossover just used the same engine as Smash, you can expect all the Nintendo characters to just be ported over, while most of the other company characters would technically be getting added to "Smash" for the first time.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
From the Brawl DOJO, on Saki:

"There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!"

The Saki AT being removed is, unfortunately, likely a product of him not being quite this popular anymore and not being active anymore. But he IS pretty cool still, so it stinks that he was removed.

Really Saki is one of those characters that I can just see fitting into Smash so well, and almost certainly would've become a beloved favorite along the lines of C. Falcon had he made it in during his time.

He still appears on internet fantasy rosters here and there, though, so at least he's not completely forgotten. Plus they do a good job of making S&P available every console generation.
Sin & Pinishment and or Golden Sun (2003) remake in the Kid Icarus treatment...
Hopeful longshot but those games aaaaren't getting any younger. Neither are the VAs that have voiced them to be honest.

Tails seems pretty likely, if anyone remembers this from way back:

I'm surprised that he hasn't been added; he seems like a popular and easy second Sonic character. (since, if need be, they could make him a Ken- or Chrom-style semi-clone)
Hey that's my thing! Lol I'm just kidding, Classic April Fools joke from the good old days.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Sin & Pinishment and or Golden Sun (2003) remake in the Kid Icarus treatment...
Hopeful longshot but those games aaaaren't getting any younger.
Unlike most GS fans around here, I actually prefer a straight-up GS4 that continues the story over a remake. Remake gained a lot of steam because people think that picking up from the end of GS3 would be too jarring due to how old that plotline is now, but I think it would be okay if they do it right. Remake would be pretty cool, too, though.

S&P could totally still be a successful IP, maybe in a KI:Uprising sort of way, but it would need a new developer. Seems (unfortunately) unlikely that another developer would want and be able to take the series from Treasure.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Unlike most GS fans around here, I actually prefer a straight-up GS4 that continues the story over a remake. Remake gained a lot of steam because people think that picking up from the end of GS3 would be too jarring due to how old that plotline is now, but I think it would be okay if they do it right. Remake would be pretty cool, too, though.

S&P could totally still be a successful IP, maybe in a KI:Uprising sort of way, but it would need a new developer. Seems (unfortunately) unlikely that another developer would want and be able to take the series from Treasure.
I think most people just acknowledge that remakes are less intensive and less risky financially to make than fully new titles and that Nintendo is probably likelier to test the waters for a franchise they don't seem sure about with a remake than a sequel.

Look at examples like Metroid, Famicom Detective Club and Advance Wars.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Those are great ideas!! & creative profile picture by the way. But it seems like a good old "Population Stagnate" in terms of either getting a proper reboot or the love they need to be given. ... But that's not fair.! ☹
I still support them no matter what however.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
The only thing to look forward to on April Fools' day. The traditional Rival of Aether 3D/HD sequel update.

I'm way more hype for this than Multiversus.

Mulitversus is actually where a rumor not being true ended up deflating my hype. It was rumored it Netherrealm was making it with a direct influence being the "speed of Melee" so I thought it was going to be this insanely polished competitive platform fighter that could actually challenge Smash in a meaningful way. Instead, we got this budget-looking F2P game. That's not to say that ROA2 looks like what I thought Muliversus was gonna be but I can be much more forgiving with an indie developer who are clearly going above and beyond than I can a product being backed by a huge corporation. I also know more of what to expect from a ROA2 game.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Air shield. Nicely done. This makes me wonder though...

If rival (ha!) Platform fighter prove concepts of additional game mechanics like shielding in the air.. does this influence the next Smash game? As in "oh well they've already done it and we don't want to appear to be copying them so let's not add that" or "hey they did it and it works so let's try that in Smash" kinda thing. I dunno I guess I just feel some strange paranoia that whenever a nifty game play mechanic is discovered or implemented it may have a direct impact on Smash's development.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Any platform fighter trying to compete with Melee is setting itself up for failure.

Melee fans are never going to pick up another game that has remotely different mechanics/characters and the high skill barrier is going to alienate the biggest demographic of the genre: more casual fans who want something simpler than traditional fighting games.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Any platform fighter trying to compete with Melee is setting itself up for failure.

Melee fans are never going to pick up another game that has remotely different mechanics/characters and the high skill barrier is going to alienate the biggest demographic of the genre: more casual fans who want something simpler than traditional fighting games.
Yeah, it's basically the reason Sakurai and Nintendo never made another game like it: they don't need to. With the exception of Smash Wii U (I mean...it was literally stuck on Wii U), every Smash game has sold more than Melee, with Ultimate being the best selling game period. Tis' also the reason Melee is never going to get a dedicated HD remaster. There just isn't a big enough market/fanbase for Melee for it to be profitable, and Melee fans would be upset if there any sort of balance/gameplay changes done to it.

At least Rivals of Aether for the most part has its own sort of thing going on, even though it too is a technical platformer fighter. But then you have something like NASB and...yeah.

Lest we also forget about Icons: Combat Arena

Boy I sure do love playing as not-Fox, not-Ganondorf and not-Marth.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Me eitherr. :)

Now, is it possible to be a casual Mèlee fan? Lol

Last edited:
Yeah, it's basically the reason Sakurai and Nintendo never made another game like it: they don't need to. With the exception of Smash Wii U (I mean...it was literally stuck on Wii U), every Smash game has sold more than Melee, with Ultimate being the best selling game period. Tis' also the reason Melee is never going to get a dedicated HD remaster. There just isn't a big enough market/fanbase for Melee for it to be profitable, and Melee fans would be upset if there any sort of balance/gameplay changes done to it.

At least Rivals of Aether for the most part has its own sort of thing going on, even though it too is a technical platformer fighter. But then you have something like NASB and...yeah.

So, there's actually a group of devs that bought the assets from Icons and are making a new platform fighter called Rushdown Revolt with those assets. They still compare it to Melee, but it honestly takes a lot of inspiration from Guilty Gear and traditional fighters in general so it's pretty different now.

There's:
a mechanic that allows you to cancel attack animations with a built-in dash both in the air and on the ground (refills on hit)
directional blocking so cross-ups are possible
a burst mechanic to get you out of a hairy situation once per stock
knockback tiers instead of constantly shifting knockback with percent
-the last tier makes it so that getting hit 3 times ends your stock (combos don't count)
a bunch of character changes so they don't have the exact same identity anymore

Just for reference, this is not-Ganondorf now

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I think most people just acknowledge that remakes are less intensive and less risky financially to make than fully new titles and that Nintendo is probably likelier to test the waters for a franchise they don't seem sure about with a remake than a sequel.

Look at examples like Metroid, Famicom Detective Club and Advance Wars.
Fair, yes. It's just that chances for Camelot to make an RPG are so rare these days that it would be unfortunate to potentially go another several years after a remake before a truly new game. I'm not confident that even a successful GS game would pull them out of having to make Mario Sports games between GS releases. Of course, they do have to successfully pitch whatever they make to Nintendo, so GS fans will take what they can get.

Not that a remake is unappealing; actually, it would probably look and feel pretty awesome in several ways.

The Metroid and Advance Wars examples are also a little different since Mercury Steam and WayForward are non-Japanese companies that had never worked on these IPs before.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, there's actually a group of devs that bought the assets from Icons and are making a new platform fighter called Rushdown Revolt with those assets. They still compare it to Melee, but it honestly takes a lot of inspiration from Guilty Gear and traditional fighters in general so it's pretty different now.

There's:
a mechanic that allows you to cancel attack animations with a built-in dash both in the air and on the ground (refills on hit)
directional blocking so cross-ups are possible
a burst mechanic to get you out of a hairy situation once per stock
knockback tiers instead of constantly shifting knockback with percent
-the last tier makes it so that getting hit 3 times ends your stock (combos don't count)
a bunch of character changes so they don't have the exact same identity anymore

Just for reference, this is not-Ganondorf now
So wait, is this a Smash ripoff or a Guilty Gear ripoff?

So wait, is this a Smash ripoff or a Guilty Gear ripoff?
It started 100% as a Melee ripoff, same mechanics almost across the board. Then it changed hands. It's still a platform fighter and wants to follow Melee's example in a spiritual sense, but it doesn't copy Melee move for move. It uses a mechanic really similar to Guilty Gear's roman cancels to achieve its movement and combo variety, and other traditional fighting game staples to bolster its technical side. So, both? Neither? There isn't really anything like it, which is kind of funny considering what Icons was.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Okay, this took a lot longer than I was expecting it to lol. I finished my Nintendo Vs. Microsoft roster. I left it the roster size of Ultimate, which is unrealistic but it let me get a little more creative with character slots.

Nintendo vs Microsoft Roster.jpg

Here's a few notes on the Nintendo roster changes, since you can't tell based on the images alone:

• Zelda's moveset is completely changed and now summons the Champions for her specials
  • Ganondorf's moveset is revamped and is an amalgamation of all of his incarnations
  • Impa uses her naginata moveset from Hyrule Warriors
  • Pokemon Trainer uses Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur
  • Hisuian Zoroark has a normal Zoroark alt
  • Diddy and Dixie can tag in and out, like a transform mechanic
  • Marth has alt outfits, like Hero of Lucina, Roy, and Chrom
    • The same goes for Fox for Falco, Slippy, and Peppy as well as Star Wolf (assuming the models rig properly)
    • This is also true for the Battletoads in the Microsoft section for Pimple and Zitz
  • Samus' moveset is now based on Metroid Dread and has quite a few changes from Ultimate
  • Dark Samus has a lot of changes as well and is now more faithful to its source material
  • Nia rides on Dromarch's back and the two fight together
  • Officer Howard has a female alt as well as a secret end game armor for both male and female
Nintendo:
1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Bowser
4) Peach
5) Yoshi
6) Wario
7) Link
8) Zelda (with Champions)
9) Ganondorf
10) Impa
11) Pikachu
12) Pokémon Trainer (Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur)
13) Lucario
14) Zoroark/Hisuian Zoroark
15) Donkey Kong
16) Diddy and Dixie Kong
17) King K. Rool (Captain and Baron alts)
18) Fire Emblem Lords (Marth, Roy, Lucina, Chrom)
19) The Black Knight
20) Tharja
21) Edelgarde
22) Kirby
23) King Dedede
24)Meta Knight
25) Samus
26) Ridley
27) Dark Samus
28) Shulk
29) Elma
30) Nia and Dromarch
31) Star Fox/Wolf crew (for members that work)
32) Isabelle
33) Inkling
34) Pit
35) Medusa
36) Olimar
37) Captain Falcon
38) Akira Howard
39) Ness
40) Little Mac
41) Mach Rider
42) Isaac

Microsoft:
1) Master Chief
2) The Arbiter
3) Steve
4) Marcus Fenix
5) General RAAM
6) Ori
7) Cuphead (with Mugman alt)
8) Fable Avatar
9) Crackdown Agent
10) Blinx
11) The Battletoads (alts)
12) The Dark Queen
13) Fulgore
14) Black Orchid
15) Hisako
16) Banjo
17) Gruntilda
18) Conker
19) Joanna Dark
20) Kameo
21) Crash Bandicoot
22) Coco Bandicoot
23) Dr. Neo Cortex
24) Spyro
25) The Lich King
26) Thrall Hellscream
27) Illidan Stormrage
28) Sylvanas Windrunner
29) Sarah Kerrigan
30) Jim Raynor
31) Zeratul
32) Diablo
33) Tracer
34) D.Va
35) Reinhardt
36) Doom Slayer
37) Dovakhiin
38) B.J. Blaskowicz
39) Corvo Attano
40) Vault Boy
41) Raz
42) Clippy

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, this took a lot longer than I was expecting it to lol. I finished my Nintendo Vs. Microsoft roster. I left it the roster size of Ultimate, which is unrealistic but it let me get a little more creative with character slots.

View attachment 349192

Here's a few notes on the Nintendo roster changes, since you can't tell based on the images alone:

• Zelda's moveset is completely changed and now summons the Champions for her specials
  • Ganondorf's moveset is revamped and is an amalgamation of all of his incarnations
    • The same goes for Fox for Falco, Slippy, and Peppy (assuming the models rig properly)
    • This is also true for the Battletoads in the Microsoft section for Pimple and Zitz
  • Samus' moveset is now based on Metroid Dread and has quite a few changes from Ultimate
  • Dark Samus has a lot of changes as well and is now more faithful to its source material
  • Officer Howard has a female alt as well as a secret end game armor for both male and female
I'll write out everyone's name in text soon for anyone that can't tell who a character is based on the image alone. I'm on my way out to visit a friend at the moment but I'll update this as soon as I can.
You know this just reminded me they owned Bethesda and ActiBlizzard lol.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I've never heard of Icons or Rushdown Revolt but I like what the latter has done with what they acquired. It looks pretty cool.

Since the topic has shifted to other notable platform fighters I'd be remised if I didn't also point out that Fraymakers got an actual update announced yesterday as well.

I'm glad they went with Orcane over Zetterburn. Also Gengar's list also has me hoping that Ori will return for ROA2. I actually hope everybody returns but I don't know how likely that is. I feel it'd be better to just bring the full ROA canon into this massive sequel overhaul and then build new characters from there with either DLC or an expansion pack. Either that or do the opposite by getting close enough to the original ROA roster with a handful of newcomers and add the missing ones back into the game through DLC. I'd love to see more guest characters along lines of Alien Hominid, Meatboy, Yooka-Laylee and Hollow Knight (the Knight) would all be fantastic.

If Smash brought a ROA character into the fold (either as an assist trophy or playable) I wonder if Sakurai would opt for Orcane over Zetterburn? There'd be a lot to consider with it. AT trophy all are equal but with as a playable fighter Sakurai tends to avoid quadrupeds because of the trickiness/awkwardness in getting them to hold items, and grab players/ledge though with both Duck Hunt and Ivysaur demonstrating how to overcome these design challenges in two different ways I'm sure quadrupeds aren't actually an issue anymore. Orcane offers so much more though I feel like with being a quadruped, a whale/canine hybrid and his unique puddleport mechanic. It seems like they always go with Orcane now too for the crossovers with him now being in both Fraymakers and Indie Pogo. I still think it'd very likely be Zetterburn because of mascot privilege when it comes to Smash but I can dream of Orcane. I'd be happy with either being an AT.

My final thoughts on a different platform fighter altogether is thanks to yesterday's holiday shenanigans. NASB has been really quiet after Shredder. I wonder if they're gonna try a big update to revitalize interest in the game? Instead of doling out 1 character at a time for a game on life-support have 3 ready to go at once with their appropriate stages, add voice acting and items into the game and viola the game has a fighting chance now and might just revitalize interest. It's either that or just do the voice acting update as promised and take the work they've achieved with the current game and enhance port your way into a sequel to try and stick the landing next time. It's really a damn shame because a Nicktoons platform fighter has all the same potential to be successful as any other platform fighter backed by major IP. I'd actually really prefer the latter strategy because I don't think second impressions are a thing when it comes to this industry and ideally they'd get a bigger budget to work with on top of having pre-established work on day zero.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

View attachment 349192

• The same goes for Fox for Falco, Slippy, and Peppy (assuming the models rig properly)
I'll write out everyone's name in text soon for anyone that can't tell who a character is based on the image alone. I'm on my way out to visit a friend at the moment but I'll update this as soon as I can.
On the one hand, I think you went a LITTLE overboard on the ActiBlizz reps, and Nia over Rex/Pyra/both just feels wrong to me.

BUT! You actually made sure to respect Blinx, aka the REAL Xbox mascot, so I guess I can't be TOO mad...

If Smash brought a ROA character into the fold (either as an assist trophy or playable) I wonder if Sakurai would opt for Orcane over Zetterburn? There'd be a lot to consider with it. AT trophy all are equal but with as a playable fighter Sakurai tends to avoid quadrupeds because of the trickiness/awkwardness in getting them to hold items, and grab players/ledge though with both Duck Hunt and Ivysaur demonstrating how to overcome these design challenges in two different ways I'm sure quadrupeds aren't actually an issue anymore. Orcane offers so much more though I feel like with being a quadruped, a whale/canine hybrid and his unique puddleport mechanic. It seems like they always go with Orcane now too for the crossovers with him now being in both Fraymakers and Indie Pogo. I still think it'd very likely be Zetterburn because of mascot privilege when it comes to Smash but I can dream of Orcane. I'd be happy with either being an AT.
I do think Orcane would be a likelier option than Zetterburn, partly because Orcane is the one that gets all the crossovers, but also because Zetterburn's moveset is based on Wolf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've never heard of Icons or Rushdown Revolt but I like what the latter has done with what they acquired. It looks pretty cool.

Since the topic has shifted to other notable platform fighters I'd be remised if I didn't also point out that Fraymakers got an actual update announced yesterday as well.

I'm glad they went with Orcane over Zetterburn. Also Gengar's list also has me hoping that Ori will return for ROA2. I actually hope everybody returns but I don't know how likely that is. I feel it'd be better to just bring the full ROA canon into this massive sequel overhaul and then build new characters from there with either DLC or an expansion pack. Either that or do the opposite by getting close enough to the original ROA roster with a handful of newcomers and add the missing ones back into the game through DLC. I'd love to see more guest characters along lines of Alien Hominid, Meatboy, Yooka-Laylee and Hollow Knight (the Knight) would all be fantastic.

My final thoughts on a different platform fighter altogether is thanks to yesterday's holiday shenanigans. NASB has been really quiet after Shredder. I wonder if they're gonna try a big update to revitalize interest in the game? Instead of doling out 1 character at a time for a game on life-support have 3 ready to go at once with their appropriate stages, add voice acting and items into the game and viola the game has a fighting chance now and might just revitalize interest. It's either that or just do the voice acting update as promised and take the work they've achieved with the current game and enhance port your way into a sequel to try and stick the landing next time. It's really a damn shame because a Nicktoons platform fighter has all the same potential to be successful as any other platform fighter backed by major IP. I'd actually really prefer the latter strategy because I don't think second impressions are a thing when it comes to this industry and ideally they'd get a bigger budget to work with on top of having pre-established work on day zero.
My vote is for Zetterburn though, as I always had something with lions and the fire element, and I like his animations best.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Ah yes. Icons. The game so inspired by Melee that it....

LITERALLY COPIED THE KEN COMBO FOR NOT MARTH AND DESIGNED A CHARACTER AROUND MANGOAT JOKES!

Icons is what you get when all the negative stereotypes about Melee players end up being true. It makes the Melee fanbase look bad and they realize it. There's a reason it was abandoned despite having fun gameplay.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

hey is that pizza from chicory?

dream1ng

Smash Lord
New characters in P:M died for Icons.

Fair, yes. It's just that chances for Camelot to make an RPG are so rare these days that it would be unfortunate to potentially go another several years after a remake before a truly new game. I'm not confident that even a successful GS game would pull them out of having to make Mario Sports games between GS releases. Of course, they do have to successfully pitch whatever they make to Nintendo, so GS fans will take what they can get.

Not that a remake is unappealing; actually, it would probably look and feel pretty awesome in several ways.

The Metroid and Advance Wars examples are also a little different since Mercury Steam and WayForward are non-Japanese companies that had never worked on these IPs before.
Well, if you believe what Emily Rogers said about GS, Nintendo is interested in returning to the IP, they just aren't going to take Camelot off the Mario sports games for it. So if that's accurate, it would necessitate a new dev anyway, much as those other series received.

It will also be interesting to see what Camelot makes next, since both Tennis and Golf have been done relatively recently, and there might be an opportunity for something else before that well requires returning to.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Well, if you believe what Emily Rogers said about GS, Nintendo is interested in returning to the IP, they just aren't going to take Camelot off the Mario sports games for it. So if that's accurate, it would necessitate a new dev anyway, much as those other series received.

It will also be interesting to see what Camelot makes next, since both Tennis and Golf have been done relatively recently, and there might be an opportunity for something else before that well requires returning to.
Well, I think I said in here a while ago that I can't remember Emily Rogers being right about GS before. IMO her comments seem like wishful thinking or speculation rather than legit leaks. If Nintendo is indeed highly interested in GS, that would be a mild surprise. But I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Camelot wants to do it given that they do seem to legitimately like making RPGs.

My stance rn is that if GS were to get another developer, it would probably be in addition to Camelot also working on it and not in place of them, or at least with the Takahashis directly involved in some way. It's not clear at all what dev would/could take it on, though I suppose WayForward doing Advance Wars was a total left-fielder. We'll have to see, I guess.

If GS were to return, though, now is indeed the time, post-tennis and post-golf, and with the current primary Nintendo hardware still having some legs.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Well, I think I said in here a while ago that I can't remember Emily Rogers being right about GS before. IMO her comments seem like wishful thinking or speculation rather than legit leaks. If Nintendo is indeed highly interested in GS, that would be a mild surprise. But I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Camelot wants to do it given that they do seem to legitimately like making RPGs.

My stance rn is that if GS were to get another developer, it would probably be in addition to Camelot also working on it and not in place of them, or at least with the Takahashis directly involved in some way. It's not clear at all what dev would/could take it on, though I suppose WayForward doing Advance Wars was a total left-fielder. We'll have to see, I guess.

If GS were to return, though, now is indeed the time, post-tennis and post-golf, and with the current primary Nintendo hardware still having some legs.
Well, there's not much opportunity to be right about GS before, considering there hasn't been a game in twelve years. "Being right" at this point would've just been not jumping on the "GS is coming" train which pops around every few years.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Well, there's not much opportunity to be right about GS before, considering there hasn't been a game in twelve years. "Being right" at this point would've just been not jumping on the "GS is coming" train which pops around every few years.
Fair, although after a certain amount of time has passed without anything happening, it becomes fair to say that certain "insider comments" were not actually legit.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given how particular Nintendo can be about this sort of thing, I wonder if they simply haven't found a developer for Golden Sun they entirely trust with it. The gap between 2D Metroid entries didn't really end until they were confident enough with Mercury Steam, it doesn't seem out of the question that they might be waiting for either a studio or at least an impressive pitch to revive the series.

Top Bottom