• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEWS FLASH: Every member must read

D

Deleted member

Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed Deconfirmed

SonicMario

Smash Master
And... Who cares?

This is the internet. Words not in the dictionary are commonly used.

People just like to say Deconfirmed because it sounds better then Disconfirmed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Neither are wavedasing, noob, pwnd, woot or RedMge8BT. Get the **** over it and post something that actually pertains to characters. You know, the point of this forum...?
w00t is actually in the dictionary, lol! (just like lol) :laugh:

O well, it's slang. I say hecka and hella a lot, and because it's not in the dictionary, does that make me stop using them=??? NO! Stop being a English language freak. >_<

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
De-con-firm-ed ~~

Something that has been confirmed to be untrue or non-existent.

It might not be in the dictionary (have no idea if it is), but that does not mean its not a word.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Informative, but it doesn't really matter. I didn't actually think either of them were real words before reading this.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
We can make up words, slang and whatever get thrown into the dictionary..

Though I still say down with "Brang!"

Deconfirmed is shorter to type than disconfirmed :3

-Onyx

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
it is a word, you know what it sounds like, and you know what it means.
dictionary are the keepers of language, not the makers and enforcers of it.

many games like Scrabble only allow dictionary words, to stop cheating, and to give a reference that can be used to get the same result, or close to it, every time. that does not mean it needs to be in the dictionary to be a word.

how would you ever get new words otherwise?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Well, Olimar is not a real name, so from now on he'll be known as Captain Bob.

Top Bottom