• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sylux

Bertin

Smash Rookie
yep i think he's going to be a newcomer. becauswe Sylux is winner.

D

Deleted member

I have made a small update to this thread, which is quite interesting. But spoilers as ever.

This also needs to be officialy listed.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Huh, seeing this thread made me Wikipedia all those hunters. Seems like an awesome game... and Sylux seems pretty awesome. One thing that'd make him unique is having a projectile that can steal life... I love the bomb idea too. Seems pretty fun.

Nelo_Angelo_Wesker

Smash Cadet
I am all for Sylux being a playable character in Brawl. I want to see Ridley more than any other Metroid character but Sylux would make a lovely addition to the roster!

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
*Super Bump - but worth it*

Sylux > Playable Character Ridley IMO. But Ridley would make a perfect Non-Playable boss for Metroid. Every Metroid related update makes Sylux's chances go up IMO. Anyone else noticed that there are three Metroid stages in Brawl now, and how many characters? Just the one.
Anyway, who wouldn't want a walking tank pumped up with electricity moves? Think a slightly slower Samus that's just as strong (If not stronger), and has Pikachu-esque Thunder attacks lol.

Again, Sylux for Brawl!

Sylux for Brawl!
Ridley seems far more likely to be a boss, especially after the announcement of non-playable SE bosses, and given his vast size. Although Dark Samus could have an original moveset, it is more likely she will appear as a SE boss again, or even more likely, an alternative Samus costume.
Where the blazes do you get your facts from? Ridley likely as a non-playable boss? Ha! Then so is any other character.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Ridely> Dark Samus> Any other Metroid character.

Hunters Awe inspiring? More like total garbage, Metroid Prime Pinball is more of a Metroid game than Hunters is. If not Ridley or at the least Dark Samus don't even bother including a metroid rep.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
*Super Bump - but worth it*

Sylux > Playable Character Ridley IMO. But Ridley would make a perfect Non-Playable boss for Metroid. Every Metroid related update makes Sylux's chances go up IMO. Anyone else noticed that there are three Metroid stages in Brawl now, and how many characters? Just the one.
Anyway, who wouldn't want a walking tank pumped up with electricity moves? Think a slightly slower Samus that's just as strong (If not stronger), and has Pikachu-esque Thunder attacks lol.

Again, Sylux for Brawl!
err hate to double post but....how do they make Sylux go up more than any other Metroid rep. Two of the Metroid updates are directly related to Ridley, his theme and his area. And notice even though Norfair is his area he's not a stage hazard...interesting. And with Frigate we see that Sakurai didn't forget about the Prime series, which really deserves a playable rep more than Hunters does. Metroid is a big series again because of Metroid Prime, not hunters.

If any hunters get in it should only be as AT nothing more.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sylux isn't a particularly important character at all. Ridley and Dark Samus are more important by far. He's AT material at most, regardless of what happens to Dark Samus and Ridley. He won't be playable.
err hate to double post but...
There's an "edit" button. Learn to use it. Regardless, I agree with your post.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Is this an anti-Sylux flame thread or a support thread? Sorry to upset Ridley fantards, and I see Dark Samus as too clone-like. One piece of music doesn't mean Ridley is playable.
Ugh...
Why insult the Ridley supporters for starters? And you pissed me off even more saying DS would be a clone. Please, see the DS thread...I don't want to discuss that here...
And 1 semi-popular game does not make him worthy. A STILL SPECULATED cameo in MP3 does no justice either. And the theme music is not the only thing Ridley has going for him.

*Sigh* Why did you revive this? Youko says there is a thread for ALL of the Hunters, not one for each..

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
This thread has a very nice moveset for the specials on the part of Stryks or whoever that was... Sorry, can't risk pressing back right now because the browser might crap out on me if I do. ;_; However, I do feel that the Smash attacks added on to those make him a LITTLE overpowered, especially one providing a projectile slashing beam. If that was the case, it would be a less powerful attack. Overall though I feel that Sylux would be well represented in this way... I actually was having trouble thinking up any additional moves, and the ingenuity digging up the means for the Up Special move is simply awesome... Such a good opening cutscene that was. :D

Where Ridley has the advantage of age, Sylux has the advantage of humanoid versatility and sheer badassness... not that Ridley ISN'T badass. To be honest, my hopes still ride on Mr. Ley, but if my hopes were to be dashed against the wall like a screaming sack of zombie heads, I'd be glad Sylux was waiting outside the ring for a little tag team action. Seriously though, I think that both are reasonable candidates, but I feel that Ridley may be just well known enough to steal the limelight from a potentially awesome Metroid rival bounty hunter.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
Nice moveset, nice background research, nice argument. What the hell, Sylux for Brawl! Maybe if we're really good, Sakurai will give us both Ridley and Sylux. Oh man, that would rule. ^_^

Shuma

Smash Hero
This guy deserves it
Simple question: Why?

Is this an anti-Sylux flame thread or a support thread? Sorry to upset Ridley fantards, and I see Dark Samus as too clone-like. One piece of music doesn't mean Ridley is playable.
Your Ignorance is showing, saying that Ridley would end being as a boss is acceptable(although he deserves to be playable), but saying that neither Ridley or Dark Samus DESERVE to be playable is so ignorant is not even funny.

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
dark samus and ridley are both gonna be taken spots (hopefully)
a hunter would be cool but i doubt sakurai would give metroid 4 spots

Shuma

Smash Hero
I doubt Sakurai would give 3... Still, it doesn't matter what you whant, it's obvious that it's between Dark Samus or Ridley, Ridley is deserving and insanely popular all around the globe, and he wouldn't put Sylux just to please a small fanbase when he can add D. Samus and please North America.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Sylux will be Lockjaw-ing your arses.
Not as a PC though. Saying that he will get as a PC before Ridley and Dark Samus is just wishfull thinking.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Meh, f*ck Dark Samus.

Yep, I said it. Consume me, DS Thread.

Because at the end of the day, Sylux will be Lockjaw-ing your arses.
Your termination is all but guaranteed. . .

Still though, I like Sylux. In my opinion, he'd be the best choice to represent the hunters if he fought in Brawl.

Sadly, I don't see it happening.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not as a PC though. Saying that he will get as a PC before Ridley and Dark Samus is just wishfull thinking.
Exactly.
Sylux won't be in SSBB, and will only be in (the highly unlikely/controversial) SSB 4 if he is shown in the next Metroid game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
D

Deleted member

Meh, f*ck Dark Samus.

Yep, I said it. Consume me, DS Thread.

Because at the end of the day, Sylux will be Lockjaw-ing your arses.
I would so sig that if I could...

What do you mean, controversial? Smash 4 is a given now! Hopefully, we only have to wait at most another three years (like 64-Melee timespan) for another game, otherwise I'm gonna be 23 before the next!

Pun

Smash Apprentice
This could work! Wouldnt you get mixed up with the alloys though? He certainly does look like one. Still though, he looks AWESOME.

Machete

Smash Ace
Nothing from Hunters, please.

Sylux is nothing more than a uninportant miniboss in a crappy Metroid spin-off. Sticker, if he's lucky.

PD: Sylux more likely/deserving than both Ridley (Samus' archnemesis) and Dark Samus (Prime's main antagonist)... LOL

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Realistically speaking, Sylux doesn't have much of a chance at all in any regard, let alone as a playable character, that is unless the team feels compelled to make sure the Metroid series has a specific number of characters representing it... If that was the case, he would probably be added AFTER both Ridley and DS, and that's 4 characters right there. Not even the Kirby series, which is close to the heart of the director, has over three representatives (at least not at the moment, and probably not later though). The only series that will SEEM to have well over three representatives is the Mario series, but most of those characters have gotten into their own spin-off style games and merit separate icons all together. Even if Sylux did have a larger fan base, he's a little old now, and the fact of the matter is he unfortunately does not. Any sort of Sylux recognition would be hot, though... maybe a trophy. :D

antimatter

Smash Lord
i'm hoping at least AT. he's my most wanted character from metroid, even if he isnt likely. i support the idea of dark samus and ridley in brawl as characters and sylux as at, then in ssb4 he returns as playable to show him off after his next appearance in metroid.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Sylux, though I know little about him, seems pretty cool. He's way more different than Dark Samus, so I wouldn't mind seeing him. Though, Ridley comes first, & I don't expect anyone beyond Ridley.

Top Bottom