• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Remove the takeover stuff. I am keeping everything.

And no need to put it on this directory. I was asking if it was fine to have my own directory in the thread itself. It only covers select deconfirmed fighters and isn’t like yours.
Gotcha.

...I don't remember which thread were yours. >.< Except Takamaru's.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd like to take over the Master Core thread. I'm new to taking over threads, so how do I do it exactly?
https://smashboards.com/threads/i-need-a-weapon-master-chief.452763/ Not too hard really(though I can't help as much as back when I was a Mod)

-First make sure it's either open for takeover, whether it means the original poster of it has been inactive for a severely long time(best to speak to a Mod to help work with in these situations), or they already gave you the go ahead to do so.
-Second is you must have a literal post exist before the first post in the topic. https://smashboards.com/threads/i-need-a-weapon-master-chief.452763/ Here it is for convenience's sake. If you don't have a post exist before that, that means you'd need a new topic to properly be the owner of it. There used to be a tool to transfer over thread ownership, but we have a new Xenforo forum, and that's not currently a feasible/safe option to use programming-wise. Hopefully a new one is gotten that day.
-Finally, once you have the post selected, a Super Moderator, Admin, or a Moderator of the section your old post is in can move that post over. You'll have to update the post to reflect all the changes, like making it similar to the old opening post of the new topic, etc. My personal suggestion is to have that mapped out beforehand, then update either the post before or after it's moved. Then, once your post is updated, a Moderator can remove the old opening post from view, making you the new topic owner.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
https://smashboards.com/threads/i-need-a-weapon-master-chief.452763/ Not too hard really(though I can't help as much as back when I was a Mod)

-First make sure it's either open for takeover, whether it means the original poster of it has been inactive for a severely long time(best to speak to a Mod to help work with in these situations), or they already gave you the go ahead to do so.
-Second is you must have a literal post exist before the first post in the topic. https://smashboards.com/threads/i-need-a-weapon-master-chief.452763/ Here it is for convenience's sake. If you don't have a post exist before that, that means you'd need a new topic to properly be the owner of it. There used to be a tool to transfer over thread ownership, but we have a new Xenforo forum, and that's not currently a feasible/safe option to use programming-wise. Hopefully a new one is gotten that day.
-Finally, once you have the post selected, a Super Moderator, Admin, or a Moderator of the section your old post is in can move that post over. You'll have to update the post to reflect all the changes, like making it similar to the old opening post of the new topic, etc. My personal suggestion is to have that mapped out beforehand, then update either the post before or after it's moved. Then, once your post is updated, a Moderator can remove the old opening post from view, making you the new topic owner.
Um, I said Master Core, not chief.
So basically, if I don't have a post before that thread began, I can't take it over?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
R.I.P it was made in 2017
Welp. That said, if a thread can't be taken over, same thing applies. That said, feel free to ask a Mod for help. You'll need to talk to one(or report the thread) to have it locked either way, though. I can update to your new link when it comes up, that said.

D

Deleted member

Who do I talk to to grant ownership of a thread to another user?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who do I talk to to grant ownership of a thread to another user?
Any Moderator of this section.

Basically, you'll need a user's old post before the first post of the topic they'll become the owner of. Then a Moderator(or higher one depending on the old post's location. You may need a Super Moderator or Admin)) transfers that post over, where the new topic owner can then edit their post and become the owner of the topic itself.

Any other questions? :)

D

Deleted member

Any Moderator of this section.

Basically, you'll need a user's old post before the first post of the topic they'll become the owner of. Then a Moderator(or higher one depending on the old post's location. You may need a Super Moderator or Admin)) transfers that post over, where the new topic owner can then edit their post and become the owner of the topic itself.

Any other questions? :)
So I could call NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy for example to help sort things out?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone wanna make a thread for Estelle Bright from The Legend of Heroes series? I would but I know absolutely nothing about the character or series lmao

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I can see it just fine. What makes you think its been taken down?
sorry, it's working for me now too! I was trying to reach it earlier today on multiple occasions, but each time it told me that it couldn't be found or no longer exists. Sorry for the confusion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wonks Wonks Let me know if the link works now. I just edited it. I likely missed the post some time back when asked. Apologies for that.

Top Bottom