• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) *Now with Moveset Sketches!*

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Wait there is a Sukapon support topic and I was never informed of it? Anybody sign me up because I enjoyed Joy Mech Fight and Sukapon because how can Pink and limbless who can use his head as attack and still manage to win a battle at the end not be cool at all, I mean sounds pretty **** awesome. So Sign me up or PM me if you guys make a club because I want in please.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Wait there is a Sukapon support topic and I was never informed of it? Anybody sign me up because I enjoyed Joy Mech Fight and Sukapon because how can Pink and limbless who can use his head as attack and still manage to win a battle at the end not be cool at all, I mean sounds pretty **** awesome. So Sign me up or PM me if you guys make a club because I want in please.
Will do! When there is a club, you will be in it, and notified!

BTW, you seem to think in the exact same way as I do :laugh:

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
Aeris
Droogieb
Foz
Gerudo Warrior
hemightbegiant
NessOwnsYou
Oasis_S
phantomphungus
PsychoIncarnate
Smash Ninja
The Great Tama
WarxePB
WhipIt1
ZenJestr

Updated supporters list.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Muddy Mole is confirmed as an Assist Trophy. I think this raises Sukapon's chances a little bit, he now has one retro character competitor out of the way!

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
I really was hoping for this character until I heard they tried to put him in melee but he was too difficult and Sakurai said "Dont expect to see him in any future games"

Ahhhh somebody raise my hopes!

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
I really was hoping for this character until I heard they tried to put him in melee but he was too difficult and Sakurai said "Dont expect to see him in any future games"

Ahhhh somebody raise my hopes!
He said that because they couldnt work their way aroun the limbless problems with the technology they were using, and also, at that point, Sakurai wasnt even planning to make another Smash ever again anyway...

Sakurai has also said before that he liked Joy Mech Fight and that Sukapon is "an interesting character that I would like to explore the possibilites of.".

There ya go! Hopes raised?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have a hard time believing that 'physics problem' issue. Couldn't they simply give him very, VERY thin limbs, and not texture them - essentially making them invisible? :dizzy: He only has to appear not to have limbs, he doesn't have to not have limbs altogether. It just seems so simple...

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Hrmm... So speaking of Skapon, I've been dying to play someone in Joy Mech Fight for a loong time. If anyone wants to play some, throw me an instant message to Couch Tomato (AIM). =P

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
I Support Sukapon =D.

First I thought really wtf.. but now =O.

I saw the movie.. and was sold... He MUST be in Brawl he is Sugoiiii *-*

parrothead

Smash Lord
The English Joy Mech Fight article at Wikipedia is now updated with information from the Japanese Wikipedia article about the same Famicom title.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I know most of y'all are still pronouncing his name as "Soo-kah-pon", but according to the professional translator of the Joy Mech Fight article at Wikipedia, the correct pronunciation is "Skah-pon". Even though some of you said that his name is an English equivalent of "Sucker Punch", that sounds like speculation, because Nintendo hasn't said anything about what Sukapon was named after.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know most of y'all are still pronouncing his name as "Soo-kah-pon", but according to the professional translator of the Joy Mech Fight article at Wikipedia, the correct pronunciation is "Skah-pon". Even though some of you said that his name is an English equivalent of "Sucker Punch", that sounds like speculation, because Nintendo hasn't said anything about what Sukapon was named after.
Although it's officially pronounced as "Skah-pon," would Sukapon still be the official spelling?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88

Wow, if Sukapon would be in, his sticker could only be used by him. Same for Sonic's sticker. That sucks...

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
So he out? Its over? Gone? Vanished? Never to return? Wasted? Zip? Nothing? Arf Arf?

Oh well folks, you could wait for 7 years and hope that there will be a next Smash Bros riiiiight?

Have a cheerup dance fellow smashers!

Feelin' happy? :bee:

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
a sticker of him doesn't deconfirm him as a playable character. If it did...did anyone note the ROB sticker?(regarding roster 35). But there are stickers of confirmed characters, so this does not definitely mean that he is out, if anything it helps his chances.

Arteen

Smash Lord
a sticker of him doesn't deconfirm him as a playable character. If it did...did anyone note the ROB sticker?(regarding roster 35). But there are stickers of confirmed characters, so this does not definitely mean that he is out, if anything it helps his chances.
If this helps Sukapon's chances, it helps Paper Shy Guy General's chances too.

It says "Launch Power +10" with no separation bar or character icons afterward. If it's not edited, it would seem that he's not in. Never mind. It seems all the images on that video are like that.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
He still has a chance!

Guys, all of the stickers on that video don't have the character restrictions part! Even ones from franchises already represented! They did that to avoid another jiigs/ness/lucario incident! This doesn't deconfirm him at all! Our beloved Sukapon still has a chance! Keep rootin' for 'em!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
If he's still in, I will be happy. But for now, that's enough evidence for me to think that Sukapon didn't make he cut.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
How does this deconfirm him? Why would they have a sticker from a franchise with only one character be only useable with that character. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No playable Sukapon = :(

Here's to hoping that he gets in as an AT...I guess. :ohwell:

Top Bottom