• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I still Want

Estelle (Tales of Vesperia)
Yooka-Laylee (Yooka-Laylee)
Cofagrigus (Pokemon Black and White)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How's this? Andy is a bit tricky as he doesn't really have too many defining features face-wise, but I tried my hardest since my younger brother uses Andy as his avatar on here as well, so I did not want to let him down (:
Looks good! Thanks man!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d like the hero from dragon quest 8, Buzzwole and even though I know it’s not gonna happen, Goku too.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
These look great! I saw yours in the general thread, and it inspired me to try my hand for my #1 most hype character.

Tip for everyone who's not too good at making icons - the smashbros.com official website actually has large icons (200x200) if you want to rip them for yourself. I based this on Ike.
That's really awesome dude. Just saying.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’d like the hero from dragon quest 8, Buzzwole and even though I know it’s not gonna happen, Goku too.
Here's something funny, while doing Crono, I realised that when viewed from the front, his hair is very similar to Goku's. (Which makes sense)

Look at the darkened areas of his hair, mighty Goku-like, right?

Also, I'll consider doing DQVIII and Goku when I get back to doing them. If I feel up to it, I might do Buzzwole... maybe...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Would someone like to make a Tracer (Overwatch) icon for me, if Tracer hasn't been done yet? splat splat

Here's are pictures of her as a reference:

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Looks good! Thanks man!
No problem, glad you like it!

I was working down my to-do list, and noticed three of them started with an S. So I did another character with the same letter:

SakiIcon.png
SkullKidIcon.png
SpyroIcon.png
SyluxIcon.png

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's something funny, while doing Crono, I realised that when viewed from the front, his hair is very similar to Goku's. (Which makes sense)

Look at the darkened areas of his hair, mighty Goku-like, right?

Also, I'll consider doing DQVIII and Goku when I get back to doing them. If I feel up to it, I might do Buzzwole... maybe...
Hey take as long as you want to it’s entirely up to you

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Finally updated the first page! Anyone let me know if I missed anything. Gotta say, loving these smaller icons, super useful for sigs and the like.

I was gunna make some requests, and then I thought, would it be helpful for me to add a requests page to the first page? I'll keep requests up for characters that haven't been done yet and take them off when someone does.

Would that be helpful for those who are making icons? Do you guys even care for requests? Let me know and it's something I'll add to the first page!

(AH! Just changed my sig and it's soooo much better, I love all the icons. Thanks for all the great art everyone <3)

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Gotta say, loving these smaller icons, super useful for sigs and the like.

[...]

Would that be helpful for those who are making icons? Do you guys even care for requests? Let me know and it's something I'll add to the first page
For those still looking for smaller icons, here's my collection so far:
Andy:

Ashley:

Bandana Dee:

Captain Toad:

Captain Toadette:

Chibi-Robo:

Chorus Kids/Marshal:

Chrom:

Dark Samus 1:

Dark Samus 2:

Dixie Kong:

Dr. Lobe:

Gengar:

Impa:

Infantry Unit:

Isaac:

K. Rool 1:

K. Rool 2:

Mach Rider:

Ninten:

Rowlet:

Saki:

Simon:

Skull Kid:

Spyro:

Steve:

Sylux:

Tabuu:

Toad:

Toadette:

Toadsworth:

As for the request list: it wouldn't really help me, honestly. I just try to do those that interest me.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ah thanks for the little ones! Helps keep consistency in my sig lol.

Well I won't do the requests post unless there's a demand for it.

So if anyone is looking for characters do to I still need Tetra for Zelda, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Masked Man from Mother 3 and I'd take any ARMS characters, but I'd love a Twintelle. But yea get any ARMS characters on this list would be amazing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
can I get one for shadow plz?
WAY ahead of you, pal.
Finally updated the first page! Anyone let me know if I missed anything. Gotta say, loving these smaller icons, super useful for sigs and the like.
I can tell you something you missed! You misspelled "Ryu Hayabusa". (I bet I'm going to start getting really annoying with these spelling corrections eventually. :laugh:)
I was gunna make some requests, and then I thought, would it be helpful for me to add a requests page to the first page? I'll keep requests up for characters that haven't been done yet and take them off when someone does.

Would that be helpful for those who are making icons? Do you guys even care for requests? Let me know and it's something I'll add to the first page!
A request hub would be SUPER helpful.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
For those wondering how I do my icons. I hand draw them in Macromedia Flash (this includes touching them up).

An old version of Flash.

Old like... "Flash MX Professional" Old.

And now you know why some can look a little sloppy.

I don't need no fancy-shmancy Modern Graphics Design Program!

Now, I'll soon be starting work on some of the characters that have been requested of me. Then as a reward to myself I'll do a character who I can all but guarantee nobody will be able to see coming (no it's not a Shin Megami Tensei character).

The clue is: "Flying Bird".

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So these are all really great! I really appreciate the Spring Man!

But after adding them I realized that all the one's after Skull Kid are broken images. Could you reupload them?

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
ico_slime.png
ico_slime_small.png
ico_snip&clip.png
ico_snip&clip_small.png
ico_springman.png
ico_springman_small.png
ico_waluigi.png
ico_waluigi_small.png

Thanks! Sorry, I ran into the dreaded attachment limit. I uploaded them again here

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Thanks! Sorry, I ran into the dreaded attachment limit. I uploaded them again here
No problem friend, these are really great.

OK all artists and art requestors, I have added a request board on the first page at the bottom of the first post. I will post any requests there (they're sort of in a chronological order) and will take them down as soon as one gets posted. As the note says, many of these can be found in Dalek's compilation, so feel free to take them from there as well.

I didn't realize how many requests there were...but I hope you guys get inspired by some that interest you! Please let me know if you notice any mistakes, or if I missed any requests.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
do I need to post photo references for requests too?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
do I need to post photo references for requests too?
I'm not adding any photos to the request board as people can search.

I think it's best to clarify what series the character is from (which I beleived you've done). Feel free to post photo refrences if you want though!

splat

Smash Lord
I would love to see one for Boshi, with those shades and the spiky collar
I feel that a Boshi icon would probably be really similar to Yoshi, in that he'd get a pair of sunnies and back spikes, but not the collar for legibility.
BoshiIcon.png
BoshiIconMini.png

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I have a few requests here if anyone's up to it. (If anyone doesn't feel up to it you don't have to)
Could someone please do icons of these characters?:
I
nfernape:
Infernape.png

Adeleine:
Adeleine.png

Sash Lilac:
Lilac.png

If the stocks could be of this size that would be wonderful)
Example: :ultwiifittrainer:
P.S If anyone could also scale up the Sora, Tails and Rex-Pyra made by KMDP(Great work on them BTW, if your reading) and the Banjo-Kazooie made by sam☆jam(Also great work dude) stocks, to something like the Wii Fit Trainer stock that would also be nice. The smaller versions of their stocks are too tiny for my liking
(Thank goodness Smashboards got updated. Now I can finally upload pictures from my computer instead of from other sites)
Thanks to anyone in advance.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hey I eneded up fixing some of the stock icons I made. Travis now has an outline and Geno has better colors and has an option without his eyes.

Travis Touchdown (Small w Outline).png
Travis Touchdown (Very Small w Outline).png
Geno (Small).png
Geno (Very Small).png
Geno (No Eyes).png
Geno (No Eyes) (Very Small).png

I've also made a new one for a friend in the Ridley Discord. They really want villains from all the series in this game.

Porky.png
Porky (Very Small).png

No guarantee I'll make any that you guys recommend in a timely manner, but I'll be practicing a lot in this program, so I'll drop by with a new stock icon every now and then.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel that a Boshi icon would probably be really similar to Yoshi, in that he'd get a pair of sunnies and back spikes, but not the collar for legibility.
Man, that's pretty good.
Unfortunately, my laptop glitched out and can't connect to the internet right now, so I'll be unable to upload any new images for the time being.

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Ok Fine, Here's a reference of Estelle

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Made some more today (I feel I'm more productive at my job than I am at home with these things, but that's what you get when it's dead and you need the practice, I guess.)

Alm.png
Alm (Very Small).png
Celica.png
Celica (Very Small).png
Samurai Goroh.png
Samurai Goroh (Very Small.png

I took some reference pictures of icons asked for by some of you guys, so I'll try working on them tonight. I'm getting a lot faster at making these, so let's see how many I can pump out before the lull at my jobs ends, and won't have time to do these anymore.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Made some more today (I feel I'm more productive at my job than I am at home with these things, but that's what you get when it's dead and you need the practice, I guess.)

I took some reference pictures of icons asked for by some of you guys, so I'll try working on them tonight. I'm getting a lot faster at making these, so let's see how many I can pump out before the lull at my jobs ends, and won't have time to do these anymore.
Hey, thanks a ton for providing my Alm request! All of these look so clean!

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Can someone make a Mickey Mouse one for me ?
I know it's a bit silly, but at least it shouldn't be that hard. I'd appreciate a lot.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Can someone make a stock icon for Elma?

D

Deleted member

Can someone make a stock icon for Andross? (The modern version, not the polygonal SNES one)

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I wasn't expecting to see a Reimu one but it looks absolutely sick. Good job.

Top Bottom