• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hmm... nope, don't see anything opposite the "Post Reply" button (other than preview next to it). The only thing I can think of is that I need to create a thread or something first (that or waiting a certain number of days, prove I'm serious about not just spamming the website).
Ah, for the days when I had access to a server on Filezilla, those were the days, alright.

I might just cave and use imgur, though I'd rather just upload directly to the site.

I'll add him to the list, but he'd be coming after 12-13 other characters (including, maybe, Micaiah) And with Smashboards as a distraction, it'll be a while. But you can wait, right? ;D I mean, Boshi is just Yoshi with Sunglasses (plus a different... frill, I guess?), when I get to him, he'll be very simple; even simpler than the Dixie Kong and Shadow ones I did.
Unless Boshi gets revealed literally tomorrow, I can wait. Thank you

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How do you even make these?
Illustrator.

I'm not sure how everyone does it, but the easiest would be using Illustrator

Tracing over the image.

Maybe even "image trace" if the person is lazy. LOL.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

I'll add him to the list, but he'd be coming after 12-13 other characters (including, maybe, Micaiah) And with Smashboards as a distraction, it'll be a while. But you can wait, right? ;D I mean, Boshi is just Yoshi with Sunglasses (plus a different... frill, I guess?), when I get to him, he'll be very simple; even simpler than the Dixie Kong and Shadow ones I did.
Thanks for doing Micaiah KMPD :happysheep:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I would love to see Alex Kidd, Grovyle, Harry (teleroboxer), CATS (zero wing), Captian rainbow, Nester (Nintendo power) and Heihachi stock icons

Last edited by a moderator:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hmm... nope, don't see anything opposite the "Post Reply" button (other than preview next to it) [edit: unless you mean the bar at the top of the reply area, in which case I see "Insert Image", but that doesn't seem to be what you're referring to). The only thing I can think of is that I need to create a thread or something first (that or waiting a certain number of days, prove I'm serious about not just spamming the website).
Ah, for the days when I had access to a server on Filezilla, those were the days, alright.

I might just cave and use imgur, though I'd rather just upload directly to the site.

When you click insert image you should be given the option to "drop image or click here". Clicking will allow you to upload something directly.

Try using the insert image.

KMDP

Smash Legend
When you click insert image you should be given the option to "drop image or click here". Clicking will allow you to upload something directly.

Try using the insert image.
When I click "Insert image" all I see is a URL bar and "Insert" to the bottom right.

I also tried logging out and back in, which did nothing either. :dizzy:

Incidentally, I can drag and drop images directly into the Comment box, where they show up, until I try to preview, where they don't.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Illustrator.

I'm not sure how everyone does it, but the easiest would be using Illustrator

Tracing over the image.

Maybe even "image trace" if the person is lazy. LOL.
I don’t understand Illustrator at all, so I use vector shapes in Photoshop using the pen tool or predefined shapes like circles and boxes with some additional tricks in there. The shapes on my Simon image are just a +-sign and a period in some quirky font.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
When I click "Insert image" all I see is a URL bar and "Insert" to the bottom right.

I also tried logging out and back in, which did nothing either. :dizzy:

Incidentally, I can drag and drop images directly into the Comment box, where they show up, until I try to preview, where they don't.
That's weird...that's how the old site looked but the new site has the option to directly attach pictures.

Does it matter on your browser? I use Chrome.
If not then I suggest going the imgur route it's what I used to do. It's super simple just 1 extra step. I really wanna see all your work and add it to the list!

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's weird...that's how the old site looked but the new site has the option to directly attach pictures.

Does it matter on your browser? I use Chrome.
If not then I suggest going the imgur route it's what I used to do. It's super simple just 1 extra step. I really wanna see all your work and add it to the list!
Switched to Chrome, didn't change the situation. Hmm...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lemme test something, real quick.
*sigh* Never mind. XD

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No Meowth icon? :052: Or Team Rocket icon? :052::202:

Wait a minute.... where's Toad icon? :crying: I know there's Captain Toad icon but still... :dizzy:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don’t understand Illustrator at all, so I use vector shapes in Photoshop using the pen tool or predefined shapes like circles and boxes with some additional tricks in there. The shapes on my Simon image are just a +-sign and a period in some quirky font.
Illustrator's pen tool is so much easier for vector shapes

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom, Celica, and Decidueye would be wonderful if anyone is taking requests.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak
Okay, now that my problem has been fixed, I will proceed to show all 33 of the Icons I currently have done over two posts.
I'll upload them in order, because I'm like that.
SSBUSimonBelmontClassic.png (Classic) SSBUSimonBelmontAlt.png (Modern)
SSBULana.png
SSBUKingKRool.png
There's a bit of Jank on his crown I can't be bothered to fix. Let's just say it gives it 'personality'.
SSBUWarriorOfLight.png
I'm particularly proud of this one. :) Makes for a good final icon of this batch.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak
Okay, now that my problem has been fixed, I will proceed to show all 33 of the Icons I currently have done over two posts.
I'll upload them in order, because I'm like that.
View attachment 149574
There's a bit of Jank on his crown I can't be bothered to fix. Let's just say it gives it 'personality'.
View attachment 149582
I'm particularly proud of this one. :) Makes for a good final icon of this batch.
Oh my gosh you made so many! Glad you were finally able to add them all. I'm gunna wait till I get home to add these to the front, but I'm so excited to have a bunch of new character icons! Great work!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh my gosh you made so many! Glad you were finally able to add them all. I'm gunna wait till I get home to add these to the front, but I'm so excited to have a bunch of new character icons! Great work!
This is what happens when I get bored, and hyped, at the same time.
SSBUAgumonSmall.png
SSBUAgumon8BitSmall.png
SSBUIsaacSmall.png
SSBURyuHayabusa.png

I like the way the helmet came out on this one.
SSBUPhoenixWright.png

This one is an edited trace of official artwork, so I can't take whole credit for it. XD
SSBUHector.png
SSBUTerraBlonde.png
SSBUTerraGreen.png

Unlike the rest of the female Stocks I elected to include eyebrows in Terra's, to better display her personality.
SSBUHeihachi.png
SSBUImpa.png

There's a better one on this very thread, but whatever. XD
SSBUTails.png
SSBUTifa.png

I like Tifa.
SSBUDecidueye.png

@Lampy Because you asked for it. I'm VERY proud of it.
SSBURexPyra.png

Boy, were these two a pain in the butt.
SSBUCrash.png
SSBUCrashSmall.png

Like Nick, this is a trace. I just felt it was too perfect NOT to be his Stock Icon. XD
SSBUAshley.png

Sadly, the last of this batch. She turned out pretty great.
CustomSmashStocks.png

Drawn in mid-late 2015 to early 2016, when I was at max hype for Smash DLC. I experimented with a new way of drawing when I did these, and some of them turned out great (some of them... not so great... :4pacman:). I still have the larger versions too, so maybe I'll post those or use them as Avatars someday. (I actually successfully predicted Bayonetta back then, even though I didn't think she'd win. XD)

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Got bored last night, made some for 4 of my most wanted.
Geno.png
Geno (Small).png
Geno (Very Small).png
Issac.png
Issac (Small).png
Issac (Very Small).png
Travis Touchdown.png
Travis Touchdown (Small).png
Travis Touchdown (Very Small).png
Rayman.png
Rayman (Small).png
Rayman (Very Small).png

Woo! First Rayman and Travis Touchdown (except for that huge compilation one, kudos to him!), I feel good about that.

EDIT: Put in smaller versions of each character after I realized I might of made them a bit too big...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can I use the Rayman one on my signature?
Feel free to use the Decidueye one, after all, I made it because you asked for it (I wasn't even going to do it otherwise :laugh:).
SSBUDecidueyeSmall.png
In fact, here's a tiny Decidueye.

D

Deleted member

Feel free to use the Decidueye one, after all, I made it because you asked for it (I wasn't even going to do it otherwise :laugh:).
View attachment 149609In fact, here's a tiny Decidueye.
Well, I did find another Decidueye icon before, but since I think yours looks better, so I'll use it instead.
(plus I don't think it'd be right if I used a different Decidueye icon after you went through all this effort to make it specifically for me)

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I love that Decideueye! I really hope if he gets in they keep the "glasses frame" in his icon. It looks really cool!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, I did find another Decidueye icon before, but since I think yours looks better, so I'll use it instead.
(plus I don't think it'd be right if I used a different Decidueye icon after you went through all this effort to make it specifically for me)
WOAH
! Thanks for using my Crash too. :estatic: (at least I assume you did).

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I did another Kumatora, this one is more based on her Smash Ultimate look rather than her sprite
Deconfirmatora3.png

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I have pending requests on page 2

splat

Smash Lord
Amazing work as usual! I'm trying to work on something with my signature so if I could convince you to bump up Dark Samus hmmmm? Lol
Yeah, sure. Let me get at it tomorrow.

Illustrator's pen tool is so much easier for vector shapes
I've heard, though I've been working in Photoshop for so long I don't really understand how Illustrator works, it's much harder for me personally. Kind of happy with how the icons turn out, so I'm pretty fine with it, I guess.

Chrom, Celica, and Decidueye would be wonderful if anyone is taking requests.
I did one of those:
ChromIcon.png

Also one of my absolute favorite oddballs from a series that needs some love:
InfantryIcon.png

And some other character I did because he was somewhat easy to do. No other reasons, really:
GengarIcon.png

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If anyone is taking request, it'll be wonderful to see icons of Amaterasu from Okami, Blaze The Cat, Zeraora and Kat from Gravity Rush please.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Yo can someone do Andy for me?
How's this? Andy is a bit tricky as he doesn't really have too many defining features face-wise, but I tried my hardest since my younger brother uses Andy as his avatar on here as well, so I did not want to let him down (:
AndyIcon.png

Amazing work as usual! I'm trying to work on something with my signature so if I could convince you to bump up Dark Samus hmmmm? Lol
Made two versions, one tubed version that is more similar to Samus, and a second without. I prefer the former, though I think the latter is more canon (with the first being more corrupted Samus or something? Not too sure, not that big on Metroid).
DarkSamusW.png

DarkSamusWO.png

Wait a minute.... where's Toad icon? :crying: I know there's Captain Toad icon but still... :dizzy:
I know Dalek_Kolt made one as well, but since I had Captain Toad done already and it was quite a quick edit...

TOAD EMPORIUM! GET YER TOADS 'ERE!

ToadIcon.png
ToadetteIcon.png
ToadsworthIcon.png
CaptainToadetteIcon.png

EDIT: I just saw someone talking about a Smash original character. Here's a Smash original character.

TabuuIcon.png

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak Hey, heads up. I spotted two minor spelling errors in the first post. You misspelled "Isaac" as "Issac" (common mistake) and "Simon Belmont" as "Simon Bemont".

Not like it matters, I just thought you should know.

Top Bottom