• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Flint & Boney. A cowboy and his dog.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
GenG said:
Are you sure do you want Flint and Boney in the game? Come on, Flint is a boring character, with a weak background, minor importance in the plot, and almost no Smash-friendly skills. He isn't that popular, Kumatora and Duster have larger fanbase, and they are more interesting characters.

Kumatora has the potential to be the next Samus (ranged psi and close quarters), while Duster is something like a comical ninja. Lucas would make it as a Ness skin, and I want...

Claus. Yes, I want THAT Claus badly. Masked Claus vs Lucas while playing an orchestrated version of the Love Theme is a sure win, I was about to crying explode in the last battle. And about spoiling the game plot, you see, Brawl won't come until 2007, and there are rumors about Mother 3 being released in USA this year. The same could be said about Twilight Princess, Brawl may contain a lot of references from TP: Characters, music, abilities from the game, stages...

And what about a stage based in Mother 3?

New Pork Town anyone? Nowhere Island being terraformed by the dragon? I do like both scenes.
Duster and Kumatora are fun characters. But some people still don't know them very well(my friend Marsh for example). If you think Duster or Kumatora are better choices for Brawl, Ill be the first one to encourage you to make a thread for them. I personally liked Flint because:
-In the Mother 64 trailer, he rocked.
-A cowboy with a plank and his dog following you is a great idea for a character (also Duster and Kumatora, but I liked Flint's idea the best).
-Having a brother self-proclaimed FlintofMother3 really convinced me (Imagine how my friend felt when he saw the Brawl trailer, we called him "Solid Snake").

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yeah, I'd also love to see a thread about Kumatora and Duster. Judging from Earthbound/Mother 2, it's safe to say any main/playable character in the series is unique.

I also support Flint and Boney's inclusion in Brawl, a lot better than all those obscure character threads we keep seeing.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Kumatora is my personal pick, simply because she's female and could work well as a more ranged and melee version of Ness. But Flint w/ Boney, or Duster as a goofy fighter, or super-duper Claus.. all would be just as good. As long as one of them gets in, I'll be happy. Let's put it that way.

Lucas... is just Ness. So no.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It's actually made by the ever-talented Kine the Fish, a resident of the Rainbow Resort forums. His site can be found here... Creative Worlds

I don't know him personally, but he's been around forever (roughly the same time I've been around the Nintendo online community too), and his art pops up a LOT.

Info about Flint in Mother 3:

-He does not learn any more moves. What he starts with is what he gets
-You only play as him for the first chapter, then you move on to Lucas, Kumatora, Duster, and Much later, Claus.
-He does use planks and boards, but so does Lucas. Lucas' first weapon is a board he inherits from his despondent Father. Only later does he use bats.
-Flint loses all will to live after the first chapter, for spoilerific reasons.

Flint WOULD be awesome is smash, but not without understanding just how small his role in the game actually is.

My pick is actually Duster, Just because he is made of Win, Limp, and Clark Gable mustache.

Oh, and for the one who asked, they do still use PSI in Mother 3. Lucas and Kumatora are the main users. Flint, Boney, Duster, Salsa, (Claus?) and the other playable characters do not use PSI.

For the record, this is a quick list (In order of importance) of game-importance for the PCs I have encountered:

-Lucas - Main character
-Kumatora, Duster, Claus - Secondaries, the Paula, Jeff, and Poo of this game
-Boney/Bonnie - The "King"(Dog) of this game, Stick around you for a very long time.
-Flint - First chapter, you know about him.
-Salsa - A Monkey that you play as in one of the mid-chapters. I can't read japanese, so I'm not really that sure what he's all about.

There you are
And.....so what if he isn't the main character,it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a spot.

I'm all for Flint in brawl,we NEED a cowboy.

GenG

Smash Lord
Why need either Lucas or Claus when we already have Ness (who's much better)? I say Flint FTW!
After reading this, I conclude that people need to play Mother 3 urgently and see why Flint is so boring and why both Lucas and Claus are the best duo in a RPG.

:(

Flint

Smash Rookie
After reading this, I conclude that people need to play Mother 3 urgently and see why Flint is so boring and why both Lucas and Claus are the best duo in a RPG.
:(
I own it, I played it Flint is great, Flint for brawl!!:chuckle:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I own it, I played it Flint is great, Flint for brawl!!:chuckle:
*Checks your name* Oh who would have guessed you'd support him?
Anyway, I'd rather Lucas, he can use palnks and other moves so he doesn't get Ness's moveset and replace him.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Here are some 3d Flints from Earthbound 64 (I wish it was made almost more than I wish Donkey Kong Racing, Diddy Pilot and Dinosaur Planet were made)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No suprisingly I couldn't find any but there are plenty of Lucas and Claus and who is this Princess Kama****a or whatever girl I have heard about.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
okay, so not front view pictures.

and i havent heard anything of that Princess girl you talkin bout. She in Mother 3?
Princess Kumatora is the third party member you get in Mother 3, after Lucas and Boney. She is the basic stand-in for Paula. She has short, Bright-pink hair and, as far as I can tell, a spunky personality. I like her.

Once again, another character who gets a lot more screen time than Flint.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Mother 3 deserves someone from it in Brawl. Flint is pretty cool, and works really well.

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
No doubt, Earthbound and mother 3 are terrific, I just don't feel Flint would fit into a Super Smash game well...

2x4 ftw? O.o;

100links

Smash Ace
Here are some 3d Flints from Earthbound 64 (I wish it was made almost more than I wish Donkey Kong Racing, Diddy Pilot and Dinosaur Planet were made)

Here's an awesome pic I found on deviantART of Flint giving the 2x4 treatment to some Archie Comics Sonic character:

*WARNING: VIOLENT IMAGE*

~Artwork by MikaRabidKitsune~

FLINT FTW!
:laugh: those pictures make me want flint even more! FLINT FTW FOR BRAWL AND FOR PRESIDENT!

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Here's an awesome pic I found on deviantART of Flint giving the 2x4 treatment to some Archie Comics Sonic character:

*WARNING: VIOLENT IMAGE*

FLINT FTW!
WHAT HECK? BORNE-BORNE WHO SAID YOU COULD POST MY ART! I AM SO MAD!
LoL
Just kidding, mate. I could care less.

Any ways, yeah. I really like Flint. Before I joined Smashboards, Borne here sent me some info on Mother 3 because he knew I was a big time Earthbound(Mother 2) fan. What can I say, I have been hooked on the 2x4 holding Cowboy ever since.

Flint would be an awesome addition to SSBB. I could just see all the awesome combo's he could be doing with that piece of wood. Plus, he's a cowboy! It would add some spice to SSB's differisty.

As for Mina Mongrease getting pwn'd in the picture....I dun like her too much.(but I hate her flaming fan base) I wish the Archie comics didn't get so stupid over the years. I really liked the older ones.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
This topic is being bumped because I actually have something relevant to say: Lucas is in.

But the question is, what does that say for the Clint Eastwood lookalike contest winner? If Mother 3 was being released in America soon (or has it? I have no GBA, so I haven't followed the news as much as I did EB64), then there's a shot. Publicity and whatnot. But if this is not the case... and is there any confirmation on the number of character slots? If it was plentiful, then there remains a shot, but if there are only going to be about two dozen or so... well, I'd say not only does Flint have his chances all but diced away, but so does Ness.

So what do you fellas thing of Lucas's inclusion? What does this say for Flint and other EB characters?

Top Bottom