• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I honestly think that the today's Mii costumes help Geno a lot more than they hurt him.

Yes, Gil reconfirms that Smash for Mii costumes can and will return in Fighter's Pass 2, but we already knew that through Heihachi.

However, I think Travis' deconfirmation is a big win for the puppet. In every wave of Smash DLC thus far, a fan-favourite, slightly obscure third party with a direct connection to Nintendo was announced, with :4bayonetta: and :ultbanjokazooie: being the previous examples. Of all the current Fighter's Pass 2 candidates, the only ones who really fit that criteria are Geno and the late Travis Touchdown. With Travis out of the picture, it really seems like Geno or bust for this archetype.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be honest, while it doesn't outright kill AT upgrades, Sakurai definitely seemed to make it seem as though he isn't going to do them when speaking about Bomberman.

Maybe it's a gut feeling, but I really don't see it as a realistic possibility right now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Listen, I'm not the one acting as though every character that has a new game coming out is a lock for Smash or anything. Maybe if you guys didn't do that for every character with a new game coming out, I wouldn't have felt the need to gloat about it.
no offence... and nothing aginst you.. but the geno thread does the same thing, dont they? Every coincidental thing points to Geno being in Smash. Is it really worth being a hypocrite?

Last edited:

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
>B-BUT TRAVIS HAS A NEW GAME COMING OUT SOON! HE'S SUPER RELEVANT! AND SUDA 51 REFUSED TO COMMENT ABOUT TRAVIS IN SMASH! HE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A FIGHTER!
Let this be a lesson to all of you who think that relevancy and having a new game coming out decides who's getting in.
It's people like you that fuel the "Geno fans are assholes" view that a lot of the community has. Don't go around being a **** or people will rub it in in the likely case that Geno gets deconfirmed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
KOS-MOS' franchise is dead, only exists via cameos in other games, and failed a marketing survey from Namco. She's a zombie

Fair point on Haruka but she's still worlds more well-known than KOS-MOS is, and her franchise is far bigger and still ongoing.

Every Katamari game as been fully localized and a guarentee you Katamari is WAY more well-known than Xenosaga. Katamari is a much more iconic and ongoing franchise.
By that logic Terry could also be considered a “zombie” as Fatal Fury itself hasn’t seen a new game in two decades and he’s pretty much a KoF staple

but he is popular, and even though KOS-MOS is mostly in crossovers now, I’d say that’s a testament to her overall popularity too

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Man, rip Travis from the hit game series Travis...

I may not be a huge fan of the NMH series, but it's definitely a gut punch to see a popular character get deconfirmed without any warning.
Lets just all agree as of this moment that Cacomallow is officially dead at this point.
There are still people who think that cacomallow is real?

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Listen, I'm not the one acting as though every character that has a new game coming out is a lock for Smash or anything. Maybe if you guys didn't do that for every character with a new game coming out, I wouldn't have felt the need to gloat about it.
You do like to act as though everything that F*tm*n says is gospel though.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I have no attachment to Travis, but seeing that mii costume reveal hurt.

Steve is impressively accurate to his source material much like Min Min. I'm betting we'll see the same level of detail in the rest of the pass.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well Steve is coming out in two weeks like I expected. Was hoping for a same day release but at least we have the presentation and both Ultimate and Minecraft to play in the meantime.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
A pettier person than myself would just suggest to pay attention to what MisterMike MisterMike wants and remind him when it fails to come to fruition.

It shouldn't be too hard, he's a Geno supporter.
Quick, name the most-likely JRPG character for FP2. In case they wanna go by theming again (I've noticed they've done that a few times, but not all the time).

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Steve's moveset is quite literally that "Ah GGs" image. I love it and hate it. He'll probably be more balanced by release.

Why has Sakurai tried so hard to revive spirits as a fun mode when he killed any meaning it had with Min Min.
>B-BUT TRAVIS HAS A NEW GAME COMING OUT SOON! HE'S SUPER RELEVANT! AND SUDA 51 REFUSED TO COMMENT ABOUT TRAVIS IN SMASH! HE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A FIGHTER!
Let this be a lesson to all of you who think that relevancy and having a new game coming out decides who's getting in.
I mean, Byleth shows that there's merit to that belief as that's one of the main reasons he got in to begin with. Besides, don't you guys always say that Geno will be announced alongside the announcement of a Super Mario RPG remake? How's that any different from saying relevancy matters?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
no offence... and nothing aginst you.. but the geno thread does the same thing, dont they? Every coincidental thing points to Geno being in Smash. Is it really worth being a hypocrite?
Yep, Geno "had" to be FP7 because he had to tie-in to the Mario tourney, and Cloud's amiibo was getting restocked. Now he has to be FP8 because next year is SMRPG's 25th anniversary and he had to be the closer to E3. Just wait until we find out FP8 isn't him. :p

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Damn, y'all I can't catch up on this thread. I gotta go out anyways, so I'll catch y'all later. Hopefully, things settle down by then.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just woke up to see the mii costumes. Wow the Bomber man costume looks too good XD.

Travis essentially being deconfirmed. I guess the 'no comment' did mean something, just not a fighter.
What's been people's reactions?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So.... god damnit Cacomallow supporters are going to keep this alive until next year aren't they?
The year is 2220

Nintendo has been consumed by Disney and Smash Ultimate has been ported to every following system, Super Smash Bros Ultimate Hyper Edition being the most recent port with 4028 characters and every human has to purchase Disney branded oxygen to keep surviving. Society has collapsed entirely due to the unsustainable nature of a dystopian capitalist society.

Geno fans still argue Cacomallow still could be real

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Its gonna be interesting to see the mechanics of future fighters. Steve is easily the most complex one yet, and its hard to imagine any future characters not coming off as a bit simpler by sheer comparison, regardless who who they are.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
I am curious tho

Halo is mostly M-rated. I say mostly cause Halo 5 is interestingly enough rated T.

would it then be “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Halo” or still “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Master Chief” if they go by precedent?
Only American directs had "x Altaïr" and "x Vault Boy". Here in Europe and in Japan we got the normal "x Assassin's Creed" and "x Fallout"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In terms of this "M theory" I'm hearing about, I highly doubt it has an affect on playable characters.

Persona 5 is an M rated game, and it was "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Persona 5". For Mii Fighters, sure. I could see them toning that stuff down. But I don't think it'll impact playable fighters.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
All we have left from the Smash 4 Mii costume stash is:

• Chocobo
• Geno
• Lloyd Irving
• 2 Monster Hunter costumes

Barring Chocobo, all of the remaining costumes have pretty big fan bases backing them. I’m really curious to see if any of them will survive these next few reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom