• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude I'm all for Scorpion, I think he totally has a shot.

Who the hell was thinking Snake was going to be in Smash Bros by the time Brawl went around? Kojima begging or not, he broke the boundaries already needed. I do not see this gore in his home game or past history as an invisible permanent cockblock when characters broke that net years ago. Mortal Kombat has unprecedented gaming history and influence worldwide from its original conception. I think it can happen. As much as Doom Guy or Chief or Resident Evil.

Yeah, I think I got all of my love for Scorpion out of me for the day, so I'll leave it at that. :4pacman: Disagree with me all you want you can't take my passion.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm sure this has been asked here before, but I wanted to hear some opinions. Think of your favorite franchise already represented in Smash. Are you satisfied with how much representation it has?

I still can't get over how much content there is for Mother fans like me. I mean, two characters, a bunch of stages and music, numerous assist trophies, items, and spirits. And for a series that merely consists of cult classics? It's still amazing to see. I'm glad Ultimate was able to bring everything together, and that Shigesato Itoi's legacy in the gaming world lives on...

Two of my favorite franchises, Metroid and Metal Gear, are decently represented.
I think one weak point they both have is incomplete music selection.
Where is Dark Samus' theme? Where is Rules of Nature? Where's is Vs Serris? Where is Rex vs Ray?

I'm sure this has been asked here before, but I wanted to hear some opinions. Think of your favorite franchise already represented in Smash. Are you satisfied with how much representation it has?
So, I'm going to preface this and say my favorite franchise is Fire Emblem. It's a series with a lot of strong opinions surrounding it, and I'm not looking to argue about how deserving it is. I'm just talking about a series I love and how I personally see it in Smash.

I think Fire Emblem has enough in Smash. More than enough. I wouldn't ask for any more on top of what we have. I do, however, have concerns with how that representation is implemented. A lot of those issues are coincidental. They happened for innocent reasons, from easy development to a focus on main characters to "everyone is here." The result of these individual decisions was a series that looks like something it isn't from the outside. And that's where I take issue. People just don't know how cool my favorite series can be because that cool stuff is hidden in places that won't ever be reached by a game that focuses on parts of series that are most recognizable. I could gush all day about characters from Fire Emblem that would be really unique and enjoyable, but this isn't MvC, and Smash doesn't generally go obscure to find that potential.

Some recent Smash picks have been better. Robin and Byleth both bring series mechanics to the forefront, and that's really cool. But I would love if the roster of Fire Emblem characters was as diverse as Pokemon, because that is a large part of what Fire Emblem is about. It is about having a variety of characters with different abilities and personalities and figuring out different ways to use them effectively. Some will be quick and fragile, others will be tanky, a few will be able to heal or add buffs/debuffs. Some can transform, or occasionally teleport, or throw things. If you include story stuff you also get explosions and curses and water bending and ice hands. There's so much just sitting there. Not to mention great locations where the battles take place.

I would never want to clutter the game up with more Fire Emblem representation. I'm more than happy with it. If anything, I would cut it down by one or two. But I don't want what we have now to be all the series ever gets.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I'm not sure if it would be an explicit promotion in the vein of Hero or Byleth (And even then those aren't 100% promotional; Hero has legacy and Byleth came after 3H rather than before), but if Nintendo's willing to do more with the IP, they could easily take the opportunity to add a fan-favorite to Smash. I'd take more as proof that Nintendo is okay with using Isaac rather than Nintendo wanting Isaac to push their new game, unless they want to create a trinity of suddenly-popular JRPGs with Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Golden Sun.

Honestly, though, I'd be down for that, and I could see Nintendo benefitting from that as well. There'd be a little something for everyone; A strategy RPG, a real-time/action RPG, and a traditional turn-based RPG. Put 'em up there with Pokemon as a monster-collecting RPG on an RPG-friendly console, and profit.
Honestly, if we’re getting a new GS & Isaac gets into Smash. I think it’d be an explicit promotion. I imagine a remake would alter Isaac’s design in some aspects, so they wouldn’t even have to worry about the AT. “Well, the AT is classic Isaac & the Fighter is remake Isaac!”

Eh, the complaints some people had for the MK characters in Injustice wasn't their lack of gore but because they wanted comic book characters

As a CastleVania fan I'm mostly eating good but the Chronicles of Sorrow deserves more than 3 songs for the entire duology. That, and Order of Ecclesia outright got robbed with just 2 songs
Oh I didn’t meant that gore had to be apart of their moveset. I meant I think Nintendo & maybe even Sakurai are wary of adding series with intense gore in a family friendly game like Smash. Hopefully I’m wrong though; DoomGuy, Scorpion/Sub & Leon/Jill would all be dreams come true.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't think they will add A MK Character in Ultimate

But if they ever add them to Smash 6, I think if they bring Custom Moves back, we can be able to Customize Whatever MK Ninja they choose so we can play as Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Noob, Ermac, Smoke, Rain, Tremor all in the same game with their own Specials (and perhaps Fatalities)

In any case, I could see Scorpion being added in Smash 6. If Smash 6 is gonna cut characters, they are gonna new Newcomers that people will want to Play (Casuals and Hardcore), that you can't get in Ultimate

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But if they ever add them to Smash 6, I think if they bring Custom Moves back, we can be able to Customize Whatever MK Ninja they choose so we can play as Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Noob, Ermac, Smoke, Rain, Tremor all in the same game with their own Specials (and perhaps Fatalities)
This is the ARMS alts debate all over again, and look how well that turned out. :ultminmin

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't think Scorpion is impossible. Just not likely. The gore and all that wouldn't be really a problem, there are ways to add him without gore and fatalities. It just takes some imagination and creative freedom.

Personally while I'm not very into MK almost any FGC character would please me. Not sure if we will get one for Fighter Pass 2, but I'd really like it.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So you're basically saying it's Scorpion and seven echo fighters of him with different specials? :073:

7NATOR

Smash Master
This is the ARMS alts debate all over again, and look how well that turned out. :ultminmin
So you're basically saying it's Scorpion and seven echo fighters of him with different specials? :073:
It just depends on if they want to go the Classic MK route, or the Modern MK route where all the Ninja Characters are differanted even in Normals. The First option could allow for More characters and be accurate to the OG Trilogy, but the 2nd Option would allow the character to express themselves more uniquely, but we all know it Would be Scorpion if it was the 2nd Option, which is Cool But I Personally prefer if Noob got in. also this not for Ultimate, but for Smash 6 if they bring back Custom Moves which I kinda want them too

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It just depends on if they want to go the Classic MK route, or the Modern MK route where all the Ninja Characters are differanted even in Normals. The First option could allow for More characters and be accurate to the OG Trilogy, but the 2nd Option would allow the character to express themselves more uniquely, but we all know it Would be Scorpion if it was the 2nd Option, which is Cool But I Personally prefer if Noob got in. also this not for Ultimate, but for Smash 6 if they bring back Custom Moves which I kinda want them too
Except none of the ninjas are clones of each other in the classic MK games. (except for the Sub-Zeroes, I guess)

They have the same normals, but that's a roster-wide thing, so by your logic, everyone in the entire goddamn trilogy could also be Scorpion Echoes.

Unless you just think they're clones just because they're palette swaps, even though palette swapping was a very common practice during those days to shorten dev time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't think Scorpion is impossible. Just not likely.
A respectable take. I don't expect Scorpion to show up this game, but I wasn't expecting Terry either and that was a pleasant surprise. I just think people are worrying too much of his origins, Scorpion is a literal gaming celebrity/icon/whatever.

Technically that's way too much. Would be great if it happened, but man that's just a lot. I was imagining things to be more simple, this time the inputs dealing with certain button presses at certain times like with modern MK Kombos and stuff, mostly to differentiate him from other FGC brothers. Ken's a good example of how certain moves are done by pressing or holding, like the Crescent/Roundhouse.

But your idea isn't bad either, just really grandiose lol. Putting the fan in fanservice.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion

I still can't get over how much content there is for Mother fans like me. I mean, two characters, a bunch of stages and music, numerous assist trophies, items, and spirits. And for a series that merely consists of cult classics? It's still amazing to see. I'm glad Ultimate was able to bring everything together, and that Shigesato Itoi's legacy in the gaming world lives on...
Uh, let's see.

For The Legend of Zelda: Pretty good for the most part, but I'm not really happy with the character choices, or lack thereof. Where's Midna? And I'm still bitter about Brawlerdorf, even if him actually using his sword for smash attacks is a bit of an improvement. Though speaking of him, I prefer his bearded designs over the long-nosed one. . . but eh.

For Pokémon: Far too lopsided in favour of Generation 1. A Generation 3 Pokémon Trainer and Zoroark would help. Also, what's with the music selection for the series? They've excluded some of the coolest battle themes from several generations, such as Vs Deoxys, Vs Ho-Oh, Vs Ultra Necrozma and Pokémon World Tournament finals to name just a few. And do we really need all these wild Pokémon battle themes?

For Xenoblade: . . .Do I even need to say anything? Though besides the obvious, I was also already disappointed in Smash 4 that the series didn't get more remixes, or tracks in general.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
A respectable take. I don't expect Scorpion to show up this game, but I wasn't expecting Terry either and that was a pleasant surprise. I just think people are worrying too much of his origins, Scorpion is a literal gaming celebrity/icon/whatever.
Yeah, there's no discussion, he's very recognizable and Mortal Kombat is a big and successful franchise. If Scorpion doesn't get into Smash it won't because of him being too obscure or anything like that, that's for sure.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This also means that should Ultimate expand farther than Season 2 we could see Isaac in that next line up, though I think he may have missed the boat this time. And I fully agree with Max Dood when he said “it is borderline foolish of Nintendo to stop Smash Ultimate after this Fighters Season” and if you think about it, considering a vast majority of us here have spent $55+ on the 2 seasons and Mii Costumes, it’s really impossible to say he’s wrong.
I'd love for them to continue Ultimate, but man, whenever I see the argument brought out that it'd be them hating money if they didn't do a thing, I just get reminded how Nintendo's done a lot of things that make them seem like they hate money.

Like, Odyssey got zero DLC, Super Mario Party got nothing, Mario Maker got two free updates and then they threw it to the wolves, they cut off Splatoon content development after only two years, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe got nothing substantial, and they're making a 2D Mario Battle Royale a limited time only game. Nintendo's kind of wack when it comes to things like this, I really wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

Although, I wouldn't mind a season 3 or even bonus characters 'cause that's how Octolings could win, especially if it was in the form of more low-key bonus fighters. :nifty:

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Yes and no. You'd think I would be, since Pokemon has a ton of playable characters, tons of items, more stages than it really needs. But the one thing I find lacking is music. It has a lot of great tracks, but it's missing so many others, including lacking any music from the spinoffs whatsoever. If we got an update adding 40-50 Pokemon songs, some from the mainline games but most from spinoffs, then I'd feel satisfied.

SKX31

Smash Master
I know there's a lot of people (including myself) who'd definitely agree with that estatement, but one has to wonder: how long can Nintendo really keep supporting such a big game like this? Guys can't do the same amount of fighters in a year as they did last season, I doubt next characters could take as much effort as Steve did, and more importantly: the Switch won't be supported forever. There's that old phrase "what goes up, must come down" and when you reach the levels of quality Ultimate has, there's really no place you can go that isn't down (not necessarily in a bad way as next entries could still be solid games on their own right). Only other choice around is just to port Smash Ultimate each and every generation going forward, but that'd be wishful thinking.
It's difficult to say really. Nintendo's very much the kind of company that has historically considered released games "done" as opposed to companies like Valve who took to the live service model very early. In order to continue supporting Ultimate post FP2 Nintendo / Bamco would practically need to have a dev team commit to 1 or 2 years worth of additional dev time. I don't think Nintendo's structurally ready for that, even if they are inching towards this by their long term support of Splatoon.

It could be hypotheoretically possible for Nintendo to decide to do an Ultimate DX and then go live service with it, although there are numerous potential pitfalls. Mind you, I'm used to the live service model (having a lot of experience with Valve's Dota 2, which is very much in this category):

There's a reason why I continually bring up IceFrog, Dota's head developer since 2005, as a compare / contrast to Sakurai. Unlike Sakurai, IceFrog's so anonymous and so solely devoted to Dota that people seriously couldn't confirm his identity until a court filing in 2017 did so. He's an extreme example, sure... but then IceFrog's not alone: the court filing notes a certain Guinsoo (Steve Feak) - ex-Dota dev that worked on LoL up until 2016-ish - Feak's worked within the same genre for a long time. (Edited - 3BitSaurus, I'll have to ask, do you know if Feak still works at Riot?)

And it's that kind of developer that live service model's often built around - those who have an absolute burning passion for their genre. Valve, Riot, etc. also have entire teams dedicated to their respective games, and those dev teams are generally not shrunken down in size either until long into a game's life.

Unlike IceFrog or Guinsoo, I get the impression Sakurai would like to take a break soon and then decide whether he should focus on a Ultimate DX or another project entirely. He's very likely not the kind of developer who'd readily approve the live service model either for entirely justifiable reasons.

It's hypotheoretically possible to port Smash Ultimate continously (technically Counter-Strike, a game that's been continually been played since 1999 and 1.6, is still played today even if it's changed a lot since then) although that might be too much work for Nintendo too.

If a Smash game is to go live service, I honestly predict it'll be a future game like Smash 6 or 7 that does so. One possibility then is that Smash starts small in "Beta" (like Dota 2 started in "Beta" and stayed that way for 3 years. Yes it was ridicolous), continually gain or regain new characters, and might even pass Ultimate's scale given enough time...

...But ooh boy I don't think the Smash fanbase at large would take kindly to the idea of a 3 year Beta.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Except none of the ninjas are clones of each other in the classic MK games. (except for the Sub-Zeroes, I guess)

They have the same normals, but that's a roster-wide thing, so by your logic, everyone in the entire goddamn trilogy could also be Scorpion Echoes.

Unless you just think they're clones just because they're palette swaps, even though palette swapping was a very common practice during those days to shorten dev time.
Oh I didn't mean they just be Straight clones, Like they all would have different specials, and Different Fatalities, like in the Og Trilogy, but the Same Normals, or they could do what Modern MK is and also give them Different normals, but we'd likely only see one character then, which would likely be Scorpion. and I think it would be easier with the Ninjas because they have the Same Models, if we Take the Og Trilogy into account (and Port Tremor to look like a Classic Mk Ninja)

Technically that's way too much. Would be great if it happened, but man that's just a lot. I was imagining things to be more simple, this time the inputs dealing with certain button presses at certain times like with modern MK Kombos and stuff, mostly to differentiate him from other FGC brothers. Ken's a good example of how certain moves are done by pressing or holding, like the Crescent/Roundhouse.

But your idea isn't bad either, just really grandiose lol. Putting the fan in fanservice.
Yeah I think it could be too much, even if Custom Moves are introduced back into Smash 6, Who knows if they would go that far with the Concept. I would just Personally like if we could get More than just the Mascot Character all the time, and actually have those characters with their unique abilities.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Xenoblade absolutely deserves a second playable character at this point and I think the selection of music is extremely weak for a series full of incredible tunes.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh I didn't mean they just be Straight clones, Like they all would have different specials, and Different Fatalities, like in the Og Trilogy, but the Same Normals, or they could do what Modern MK is and also give them Different normals, but we'd likely only see one character then, which would likely be Scorpion. and I think it would be easier with the Ninjas because they have the Same Models, if we Take the Og Trilogy into account (and Port Tremor to look like a Classic Mk Ninja)
I still doubt it would happen.

I think, if we get anything MK, we'll get two ninja at most, and they'll be Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Anything more would be really cool, but also probably too much for the devs.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can imagine Scorpion having Fatalities as the close/far ranged Final Smashes, or if you're really fancy, moves that instakill on enemies over 100% as a Brutality. It isn't very complicated, you don't need to show blood since the fire breath wasn't even that bloody in the original Mortal Kombat trilogy.

source.gif

My ideal gimmick is just that he can do continuations of combos by executing certain inputs as a hit animation goes out. Imagine it like the Marths' side specials that let you choose certain directions as you attack, the same being done with jabs and tilts to where you can choose up to four directions with the combo to execute four distinct hits, and then you could say, cancel that out into a spear grab input for a reset, or a teleport punch input to gain stage control. It's just a rough idea, but you get the gist, we have characters like Ken already technical with how certain inputs need to be held or pressed specifically, I think it would work. It definitely would make him stand out among his shoto brethren.

Yeah, there's no discussion, he's very recognizable and Mortal Kombat is a big and successful franchise. If Scorpion doesn't get into Smash it won't because of him being too obscure or anything like that, that's for sure.
Or being "banned" in Japan, I think Wikipedia still says that it is when it isn't.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My ideal gimmick is just that he can do continuations of combos by executing certain inputs as a hit animation goes out. Imagine it like the Marths' side specials that let you choose certain directions as you attack, the same being done with jabs and tilts to where you can choose up to four directions with the combo to execute four distinct hits, and then you could say, cancel that out into a spear grab input for a reset, or a teleport punch input to gain stage control. It's just a rough idea, but you get the gist, we have characters like Ken already technical with how certain inputs need to be held or pressed specifically, I think it would work. It definitely would make him stand out among his shoto brethren.
A preset kombo confirming into the enhanced version of his Spear for a free kill setup would be krazy

I love it.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Honestly if Scorpion got in the game, I imagine his Fatalities would be apart of his normal Moveset, or perhaps if MK11 is any Indication, they'd be refereed to Brutalities. The Final Smash would be like a ultimate Fatality. I don't think they just put the Fatalities in the Final Smash considering how Iconic to the series they are

and I think one of his Win Screen could be holding up the Body of the Opponent (but not Dismembered or anything), and they would be looking dead, but it be Pg Enough to not raise the Age Rating.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly if Scorpion got in the game, I imagine his Fatalities would be apart of his normal Moveset, or perhaps if MK11 is any Indication, they'd be refereed to Brutalities. The Final Smash would be like a ultimate Fatality. I don't think they just put the Fatalities in the Final Smash considering how Iconic to the series they are
Except the Fatalities are used as a match finisher, so a Final Smash would be the best place for one.

For his specials, he should just use his actual specials, like Ryu, Ken and Terry.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The idea a few custom moves could reference some other abilities isn't massively farfetched. But they'd still have to be pretty similar otherwise. The ninjas are actually extremely different outside of their normals in the past. Very few of the special moves are actually similar enough. Flame breath being cold breath? Sure, that could feasibly work. It even fits fire in general, as there can be ice so cold it burns. Admittedly that's not that off from Acid Breath either, but that starts stretching it(a skeletal head using that? That's starting to get nonsensical). But that's as far as it goes for that one. Scorpion rarely does a regular Fire Ball itself, which would be the only one that you can somewhat change up. An Ice Ball. Ermac's energy shot which flings people away.

Now I could see variations on the teleport punch, but they can't be that different either. The only two versions are completely different moves, and custom moves outside of Palutena and Mii Fighters are clearly supposed to be similar animations.

I do however think the idea of the MK Ninja costume with 8 colors actually would be workable in comparison. But yeah, there's no way they're similar enough. As for the Echo thing, keep in mind that the requirement is the same body shape. That part isn't the issue. They're just too damn different otherwise, so I can't see an Echo working. You could slightly do it with both versions of Smoke, as they're very similar but have a few different moves. Mainly akin to how Chrom is.

Anyway, Scorpion I vastly support and I'd love if he got in~

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I imagine a remake would alter Isaac’s design in some aspects, so they wouldn’t even have to worry about the AT. “Well, the AT is classic Isaac & the Fighter is remake Isaac!”
I would say "Depends on if the remake changes him enough", but we already have a Bomberman costume looking dangerously close to the AT. I will however point out that this is how FighterZ handles Android 17 being both a DLC fighter and assist: The assist wears his clothes from Z while the fighter has his Super garb.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I imagine his Fatalities would be apart of his normal Moveset, or perhaps if MK11 is any Indication, they'd be refereed to Brutalities.
Well, Fatalities kill, and in Smash you either respawn or get K.O.'d. I think it should be a Final Smash exclusive, not a thing you can just do. I agree on the Brutality concept though, maybe a devastating move just by pressing the right buttons at the right percent, it'll be a free knockout? Maybe that's too busted even if the enemy is over 100%, but you get the idea lol. The animation has to be quick, and a Brutality can do that.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I can imagine Scorpion having Fatalities as the close/far ranged Final Smashes, or if you're really fancy, moves that instakill on enemies over 100%. It isn't very complicated, you don't need to show blood since the fire breath wasn't even that bloody in the original Mortal Kombat trilogy.

Or being "banned" in Japan, I think Wikipedia still says that it is when it isn't.
Alternatively, why not have the final smash be Babalities? They would take a lot of work, since they'd have to make little cutscenes with every character as a baby (and maybe Pichu would return to being an egg) but they'd be hilarious, and Babalities are already non-violent for the most part

7NATOR

Smash Master
Except the Fatalities are used as a match finisher, so a Final Smash would be the best place for one.

For his specials, he should just use his actual specials, like Ryu, Ken and Terry.
True, but I still think he should have Finishers in his Main Moveset though, and I Imagine that they'd be Super Inputs like Terry's in Smash. Like Perhaps Fire Breath would be a Super you Input and if it hits Someone at a Certain Percentage, they Instantly Die

The idea a few custom moves could reference some other abilities isn't massively farfetched. But they'd still have to be pretty similar otherwise. The ninjas are actually extremely different outside of their normals in the past. Very few of the special moves are actually similar enough. Flame breath being cold breath? Sure, that could feasibly work. It even fits fire in general, as there can be ice so cold it burns. Admittedly that's not that off from Acid Breath either, but that starts stretching it(a skeletal head using that? That's starting to get nonsensical). But that's as far as it goes for that one. Scorpion rarely does a regular Fire Ball itself, which would be the only one that you can somewhat change up. An Ice Ball. Ermac's energy shot which flings people away.

Now I could see variations on the teleport punch, but they can't be that different either. The only two versions are completely different moves, and custom moves outside of Palutena and Mii Fighters are clearly supposed to be similar animations.

I do however think the idea of the MK Ninja costume with 8 colors actually would be workable in comparison. But yeah, there's no way they're similar enough. As for the Echo thing, keep in mind that the requirement is the same body shape. That part isn't the issue. They're just too damn different otherwise, so I can't see an Echo working. You could slightly do it with both versions of Smoke, as they're very similar but have a few different moves. Mainly akin to how Chrom is.

Anyway, Scorpion I vastly support and I'd love if he got in~
I meant Custom Moves like how different Palutena's, Mii's, (and Mega Man's) were in Smash 4, in that they were actually different Moves and not just a Different Variation of the Same move.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, Fatalities kill, and in Smash you either respawn or get K.O.'d. I think it should be a Final Smash exclusive, not a thing you can just do. I agree on the Brutality concept though, maybe a devastating move just by pressing the right buttons at the right percent, it'll be a free knockout? Maybe that's too busted even if the enemy is over 100%, but you get the idea lol. The animation has to be quick, and a Brutality can do that.
They can easily reference that with an uppercut up tilt (or if they really wanna be accurate, make it the down tilt to match the input in MK games) having high kill potential as high percents, since everyone has a universal uppercut Brutality in MKX and 11.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A preset kombo confirming into the enhanced version of his Spear for a free kill setup would be krazy

I love it.
I just think it's a waste to not implement the Kombo system, it's unique to that series and could make an easy transition to Smash.

Alternatively, why not have the final smash be Babalities? They would take a lot of work, since they'd have to make little cutscenes with every character as a baby (and maybe Pichu would return to being an egg) but they'd be hilarious, and Babalities are already non-violent for the most part
Maybe a Babality victory screen easter egg if you hold down a direction on your D-Pad lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
True, but I still think he should have Finishers in his Main Moveset though, and I Imagine that they'd be Super Inputs like Terry's in Smash. Like Perhaps Fire Breath would be a Super you Input and if it hits Someone at a Certain Percentage, they Instantly Die
First off, I'm feeling like a smartass and point out that Fatality is called Toasty! because I never forget how hilarious that name is to me. :p

Second, it was actually downgraded to a normal special (though you need to actually equip it to him) in MK11, so that can also happen in Smash.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They can easily reference that with an uppercut up tilt (or if they really wanna be accurate, make it the down tilt to match the input in MK games) having high kill potential as high percents, since everyone has a universal uppercut Brutality in MKX and 11.
1602274423911.png

And make it a Screen KO since it's the uppercut, like how Giga Bowser's Final Smash does. I think that'd be a perfect kill transition.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Legend of Zelda representation sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom