• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, i like how it really could be anyone thats feasible. We can get another spirit upgrade and first indie with shantae. Who could get a JP powerhouse but not as known else where with Reimu. Who could get the face of microsoft with Master Chief. We could get a past rival mascot with Crash. We could get a very very long fan request with Geno. We could get the OG monolith soft face with KOSMOS. We could get another pokemon. We could get another Capcom. We could get another Zelda. We could get Travis, bandana, Dixie kong, ryu hyabusa, ect.

I dont think we have EVER been this unknown about an upcoming fighter in years... and thats exciting

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly, i like how it really could be anyone thats feasible. We can get another spirit upgrade and first indie with shantae. Who could get a JP powerhouse but not as known else where with Reimu. Who could get the face of microsoft with Master Chief. We could get a past rival mascot with Crash. We could get a very very long fan request with Geno. We could get the OG monolith soft face with KOSMOS. We could get another pokemon. We could get another Capcom. We could get another Zelda. We could get Travis, bandana, Dixie kong, ryu hyabusa, ect.

I dont think we have EVER been this unknown about an upcoming fighter in years... and thats exciting

I feel like given how there's no "Precedent" yet, literally anyone is on the table right now and with it being the second character for this pass, it'd make sense. Maybe not characters as heavily requested as Master Chief or Geno since I feel like if we get them, they'd appear a bit later in the pass but I could be wrong.

While I am still throwing my predictions on Dante or Travis, I would not be surprised if we get thrown someone like Reimu or Crash instead and I'd be happy.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

idk CP6 prior to the ARMS reveal was pretty unknown and most of the fanbase thought it was gonna be a third party mainly Crash.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Wait, I know I'm super late to the discussion but I wonder why the presentation is just 3 minutes. This reminds me of when Lucina and Robin's trailer was livestreamed in July 2014.

D

Deleted member

I'm really hoping it's Crash but that's dangerous because now I'm starting to convince myself he has a shot.

God if it's Crash then I'll be so happy.
If Crash gets in, then I will have to beat the N' Sane Trilogy. I have the game, I just didn't beat it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Wait, I know I'm super late to the discussion but I wonder why the presentation is just 3 minutes. This reminds me of when Lucina and Robin's trailer was livestreamed in July 2014.
But this time I guess it will be shadowdropped and not live streamed... :ohwell: (I don't know for sure that being said)

D

Deleted member

Remember the cycle.

1. CP7 gets announced and is revealed.
2. "Wow, they're BROKEN!"
3. Montages of sick combos from them appear.
4. Everyone drops them after two weeks or more.
5. Everyone returns to speculating about CP8.

Last edited by a moderator:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
The 3 minute length makes me assume we are going to get some gameplay of the character included. I don't know how else they would have a reveal that reaches that length.
My guess is that it's gonna be some CGI/animation in the trailer followed by some gameplay footage and I imagine Sakurai will speak to us about why it's taking so long and assure us and give us a date for a more in-depth breakdown on the character sometime later in the month.

D

Deleted member

Judging by the posts I am just seeing on this thread and I am not even an insider and I can already tell you there will be plenty of disappointment tomorrow.
Can we not do this please?

This is a moment to be hype.

Also, Rie already posted this, but if you find a character disappointing, that will NOT be the general consensus on everyone's views.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like given how there's no "Precedent" yet, literally anyone is on the table right now and with it being the second character for this pass, it'd make sense. Maybe not characters as heavily requested as Master Chief or Geno since I feel like if we get them, they'd appear a bit later in the pass but I could be wrong.

While I am still throwing my predictions on Dante or Travis, I would not be surprised if we get thrown someone like Reimu or Crash instead and I'd be happy.
Pretty much. I have a few i feel are more likely, and others i want more, but honestly I'll be happy with anyone.

idk CP6 prior to the ARMS reveal was pretty unknown and most of the fanbase thought it was gonna be a third party mainly Crash.
Well i mean yeah, but when the actual reveal happened we knew it was someone from ARMS, this time we have nothing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Those I feel has the best chances tomorrow.

Crash Bandicoot, Dante, Gen 8 Pokemon, Geno, Monster Hunter, Rex, Ryu Hayabusa, Travis Touchdown.

Anyone else missing?

D

Deleted member

I am placing my bets on a third party.

It won't be a first party, trust me.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Jeez the board shot up twenty pages since midnight.... did I miss something!?

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
so
not a light weight
well Nightmare/Siegfried certainly arent light weights
has a sword or projectile
well Nightmare/Siegfried certainly have a sword and sometimes have used a projectile
trailer is longer meaning possible extra skins
well Siegfried certainly would be an extra skin

hmmmmmm its all comin together for the swords of destiny

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Like other users have said it could be pretty much anyone really. If I had to make a final guess, I'm going to say either Travis or Dante just by guts feeling.

flohammer

Smash Rookie
FWIW, I've seen
Tracer from Overwatch
as CP7 in multiple places.

My preferred is: 1) Master Chief, with a follow-up announcement that either Halo: CE remastered or the MCC is getting a holiday release date on the Switch. 2) A new Pokemon rep. I'd love to get Galarian Pokemon Trainer. I expect it would be Kubchu, though.

After that, I don't have a strong preference.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Just for funsies:

apparently the longer trailers have had characters with multiple skins to show them off (Hero, Byleth).
Any characters like that been around discussion? Monster Hunter, maybe?
Lots:

Master Chief (Red / Blue)
Reimu (Marisa skin etc.)
Monster Hunter
Steve (Alex)
Crash (possible Fake Crash / Trailer Crash)
Phoenix Wright (UMvC3 skins / skins based on Miles etc.)
Viewtiful Joe (Blue)
LoL (in spades)
Sora (Roxas)
Shantae (Risky)

Etc. It ain't a shortage of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom