• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
What if they play a Death Stranding accolades trailer but after the trailer ends there's a CGI cutscene: (Long text ahead)
where Guillermo del Toro gives Norman Reedus a few packages that need to be delivered, but as Reedus is walking out, del Toro is like:

"Hey, wait!"

and then Norman Reedus is like

"What?"

and then del Toro is like

"I almost forgot, take this too."

and then Norman is like

"Okay, thanks"

and then Norman starts to walk off again but del Toro is like

"That's for you."

and then the camera pans to the item in question and it's a Smash invitation and then the baby starts crying, and Norman starts crying, and del Toro starts crying, and then I start crying, and then Kojima is superimposed into the trailer and he starts crying and Geoff is also crying, and then I regret thinking of typing this because I've never played Death Stranding and I don't know if any of this makes sense but it's probably okay anyway because who knows if the game even makes sense to begin with.

"NORMAN REEDUS AND HIS FREAKY FETUS JOINS THE BATTLE!"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Watch our TGA "reveal" be Cranky Kong in Bayonetta 3.

Or Nintendo could bring nothing...

Either way, there's a wait to be had.

D

Deleted member

Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
My picks are
1: Miriam Bloodstained
2: Arle Nadja
3: Master Chief
4: Terra Branford
5: snom
1.Pauline
2.Phoenix Wright
3.Gengar
4.Elma
5.Pepsiman

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Fire Emblem as Fighter #5 at the VGAs would be...
underwhelming af and the opposite of hype

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
See Kingdom Hearts isn't a videogame franchise. Therefore Sora can't be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.
Jump Festa hosts a **** ton of other jrpgs and just japanese games in general. Some of which are Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Pokemon, and MegaMan to name a few. Using Jump Festa as a reason for why a jrpg character won't be added to Smash is moronic. Here's the event's gaming line up.
https://gematsu.com/event/jump-festa-2020

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel like they wouldn't have kept saying "Hey remember Joker last year? Remember that surprise Joker reveal for smash? Aren't Smash Reveals great? on the VGA Twitter if there wasn't a smash reveal. They seemed to make it a priority to keep bringing it up.

If there is no smash reveal I feel like were hyping up another reveal for no reason lol
I mean, this tells me they're hyping up Nintendo announcing something. They can't outright say what it is, no matter the hints. So saying you should watch the VGA as is is enough. It could be a direct hint for a Reveal, or a subtle one to say Nintendo wants to show something off.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
People who want more Fire Emblem characters in Smash pour their milk before their cereal. I do not make the rules, sorry.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
What if they play a Death Stranding accolades trailer but after the trailer ends there's a CGI cutscene: (Long text ahead)
where Guillermo del Toro gives Norman Reedus a few packages that need to be delivered, but as Reedus is walking out, del Toro is like:

"Hey, wait!"

and then Norman Reedus is like

"What?"

and then del Toro is like

"I almost forgot, take this too."

and then Norman is like

"Okay, thanks"

and then Norman starts to walk off again but del Toro is like

"That's for you."

and then the camera pans to the item in question and it's a Smash invitation and then the baby starts crying, and Norman starts crying, and del Toro starts crying, and then I start crying, and then Kojima is superimposed into the trailer and he starts crying and Geoff is also crying, and then I regret thinking of typing this because I've never played Death Stranding and I don't know if any of this makes sense but it's probably okay anyway because who knows if the game even makes sense to begin with.

"NORMAN REEDUS AND HIS FREAKY FETUS JOINS THE BATTLE!"
Norman Reedus moveset:

Neutral B = Pee
Side B = Fall Over
Up B = I dunno he gets a jet pack or something
Down B = Drink Monster Energy tm

Final Smash = Hour long Kojima cutscene

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
People who want more Fire Emblem characters probably like Fire Emblem, if I had to hazard a guess.

SKX31

Smash Master
nintendo interns:

seriously though i would not be surprised if stuff does leak. there's so many companies involved, especially if the character is third party, that it would be remarkable if no one ****ed up. and maybe it already leaked and its right under our noses.
People from the outside and Nintendo employees if a leak does wind up happening at this point:

star_wars_1_john_tyler_christopher_party_variant.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People who want more Fire Emblem characters in Smash pour their milk before their cereal. I do not make the rules, sorry.
Look just because you do it doesn't mean we all do.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, ready for Nintendo to leak fighter 5 on their own tomorrow.

You can't change a winning team as they say.:bowsette:

No for real, if something get leak tomorrow by their websites, Nintendo better fire the folks who keep making those mistakes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
People who want more Fire Emblem characters probably like Fire Emblem, if I had to hazard a guess.
In the same way that people die when they are killed?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
is that ****ing bucky o hare?

View attachment 252201

why does he look like jim carrey's grinch?
Heh. I remember that show. I don't think I saw more than the opening due to the various videos people do having "tons of cool openings", though.

There's a lot of shows that are hard to find to watch properly(that is, without pirate sites). I'm surprised F-Zero isn't anywhere but Youtube(non-official too). I blame Nintendo for this.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
A Nintendo employee will accidently leak the fighter itself on Twitter before realizing it wasn't even time yet.

StormC

Smash Hero
if there was no smash reveal, geoff would have probably told us by now. he explicitly shot down other games being there and he's clearly aware of rumors so yeah. pretty confident we're getting smash stuff tomorrow.
Plus Nintendo clarified that Terry's video would not have a newcomer. They know Smash fans are hungry. They probably would have said something.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There will be something Nintendo at the Awards.

Will that image of Mario's toes come home to roost?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Plus Nintendo clarified that Terry's video would not have a newcomer. They know Smash fans are hungry. They probably would have said something.
To be fair that was also a presentation solely dedicated to Smash, while TGA is a lot broader. It makes more sense to clarify on Smash when it’s specifically a Smash Bros livestream in that regard.

SKX31

Smash Master
is that ****ing bucky o hare?

why does he look like jim carrey's grinch?

That's actually Jaxxon as JDCabrera said, who's actually older than Bucky. His Legends version was not popular to say the slightest.

There will be something Nintendo at the Awards.

Will that image of Mario's toes come home to roost?
Hopefully it doesn't involve Luigi's foot this time.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Am I the only one who is slightly optimistic we'll get FP5 and an extra character? Kinda want an extra stage but hey.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Who eats cereal with milk?
Contrary to what you may think, not everybody eats cereal with water.

I never understood the hype surrounding Skull Kid.
"Chair Theory" was just "whaa..?"
People want more Zelda characters that aren't Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf. People like Majora's Mask. It's pretty simple.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
2. Geno [Super Mario RPG]
3. Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]
4. Kunio [River City Ransom]
5. Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]

StormC

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who is slightly optimistic we'll get FP5 and an extra character? Kinda want an extra stage but hey.
I just don't see why they would. Character 5 will be out in January/February and they will have a Q1 Direct where they can announce the next character.

They aren't in any rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom