• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: BONK!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Holy **** do you people take this stuff too seriously. No need to get offended by jokes, remarks, or FRIGGING SUGGESTIONS. Wow. I came back only a few hours later, and already I noticed people have been ragging on well-meaning topics. What the hell gives?
They're just mad that Bonk has a better chance than some of their suggestions.

Hell, I'd rather some head-butting caveman ****** than some overrated kid with a key who's game on Nintendo is something no one cares about.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*Update on new Bonk Wii title*

Yes it turns out that it is in fact a rumor, but one with an increasing likelyhood. A series of new Bonk sketches was recently posted on Hudson Entertainment’s forums by an official Hudson staff member:

Sure it may only be in conjunction with the rerelease of classic Bonk titles on the VC, but one can not help but wonder...

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4438

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
*Update on new Bonk Wii title*

Yes it turns out that it is in fact a rumor, but one with an increasing likelyhood. A series of new Bonk sketches was recently posted on Hudson Entertainment’s forums by an official Hudson staff member:

Sure it may only be in conjunction with the rerelease of classic Bonk titles on the VC, but one can not help but wonder...

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4438
Awesome. I don't know if I said it already, but they're looking to reinstate him as their mascot, which is kickass. Bonk rocks too hard to not be a mascot again.

And so what if Bonk isn't as good an idea to some people over other oh-so precious pieces of crap. He beat the snot out of Sonic and stood toe-to-toe with Mario in Japan, you talk to any gamer over the age of 20 in the US and they know both him and his games very well, and he's coming back, kicking, biting, and bonking: all with a VENGEANCE.

So what if he doesn't appear in Brawl. I was wrong. Big whoop.

He's still making a comeback, and soon enough you'll be wishing you knew who Bonk was when I told you :laugh:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That's just the opinon of someone who likey comes from the same crowd who considers Final Fantasy VII to be mankind's greatest acheivement anyway, so just ignore 'em... (Final Fantasy IV & VI were WAY better BTW...)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Bonk still a bad idea and I've seen alot of worse ones believe me they are out there.
Yeah, I mean, I saw this REALLY dumb idea, it was a Tumble thread, do you knw about it? As for Bonk, I'd rather Bomberman get in if Hudson put a character in Brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I would have liked it better if not for that TERRIBLE "love story" between Squall and Rinoa... Oh well...

As far as a Bonk stage is concerned, I think you'll need to consult FlipTroopa on that one, as I have very little experience with the series...
OFF TOPIC: Psshh... forget squall, it was all about Irvine Kinneas, he was a true player.

ON TOPIC: I don't know what his stage should be, but I found music from Bonk's Adventure and I think that should be the music for whatever stage they give him:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nec/tg16/bonkadventure2.mid

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Heh, it's the first stage music :) Super Bonk has some really great tracks too (and I mean catchy as hell), so check those out if you want. I particularly like the Sky music and the Water music.

Anyways, Bonk's stage could be anything, really. The whole point of the games is, basically, "lol, Bonk is hungry and he has to stop the evil King Drool." In the first one he saves the Dino Princess, but in the later ones it's just trying to stop King Drool from conquering the world (and in Super Bonk, the galaxy). He usually starts in a very Joe and Mac like area, with green grass, palm trees, waterfalls, volcanoes, bridges, blah blah. It's pretty basic, and I can't pinpoint one part exactly.

But I will say that in later levels, he starts to travel outside of his little dinosaur world and into stuff like pyramids, Japan, the moon, ice caverns, dinosaur intestines, etc.

So if I had to venture a guess at a stage, it could really be anything :laugh:

BTW, off topic, FFV is the best and DON'T LIE :grin:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
+BUMP+ for great justice

I just got Bonk's Adventure on the NES, it felt good being reunited with the little guy, and just made me think about the possobilities of him in Smash even more :)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Okay, so now that a good lot of you have Wiis, has anybody been curious enough to download Bonk's Adventure? ;)

I was playing it on a friend's console the other day (because I'm muy pobre; not getting a Wii for a while), and I was reminded how great an addition he would be.

C'mon. Sonic, Bonk, Mario, Snake... The Virtual Console all right there in Smash :p

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I remember hearing about that game in an issue of Nintendo Power. The staff recommended it. Plus Bonk looks pretty neat!

I like the Japanese artwork better, though.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Bonk is a pretty cool character, but he has next to no chance of getting in. If anyone was chosen to represent Hudson it would be Bomberman. Bonk isn't going to get in over Bomberman, that would be like Nights getting in over Sonic.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Bonk is a pretty cool character, but he has next to no chance of getting in. If anyone was chosen to represent Hudson it would be Bomberman. Bonk isn't going to get in over Bomberman, that would be like Knights getting in over Sonic.
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to get my attention....

Yeah, objectively speaking Bomerman has a greater chance of being included. He is essentially the face of Hudson.

So why is Bonk on my character predictions list? Because Sakurai is, by his very nature, unpredictable. I'd be shocked if we didn't see some mind blowing, unconventional choices in the final roster. And Bonk suits that description.

IF a Hudson rep is to be included it is possible (however slightly) that Sakurai will choose the much more unique and awesome skull bashing caveman over the generic bomb thrower.

Fair?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This is just like when you tried to argue that Twili Midna was more likely than Imp Midna. The only way Bonk has any chance at all is if they add two Hudson characters. There's no way they're going to add Bonk and not add Bomberman. It won't happen. Bomberman is the Mario of Hudson. He's their most recognizable character, and if anyone is going to represent Hudson it will be Bomberman.

I'd rather have somebody from Street Fighter than Megaman, that doesn't mean that I think that's going to happen.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
This is just like when you tried to argue that Twili Midna was more likely than Imp Midna. The only way Bonk has any chance at all is if they add two Hudson characters. There's no way they're going to add Bonk and not add Bomberman. It won't happen. Bomberman is the Mario of Hudson. He's their most recognizable character, and if anyone is going to represent Hudson it will be Bomberman.

I'd rather have somebody from Street Fighter than Megaman, that doesn't mean that I think that's going to happen.
Fine. You win. Goodbye.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
Yes! Bonk. Bonk is cool and would fit into the brawl formula easy. I don't care about this whole bomberman vs bonk thing although, bomberman may have a better chance. The issue is-- Would bonk work for brawl and is it possible? The answer to both is yes.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I came here to put down Bonk's chances, but ive seen everyone else has already done that...pretty well.

I like Bonk, dont get me wrong, but i simply like Bomberman better- and so do alot of ppl.
Hes the mascot of HudsonSoft, they really love him (hes at the top of their homepage), hes their goldenchild. For Hudson to pick their second best over Bman would be blasphemy.

Then again, its up to Sakurai and, as Wiseguy said, hes known to be unpredictable. But i doubt he'll forsake his fans by putting Bonk in over more deserving characters- no matter how selfish he is.

Face the facts. Bomberman>Bonk.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
If this guy made it in over megaman, chrono, sora, geno, soma, alucard, simon, (thats in the order of how bad i want them) I would wanna put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

Top Bottom