• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 7 v1.1! ovah! Mafia Wins!

Purple

Hi guys!
You both posted at the same time, Riddle did you come into contact with Isu during the day to make you both vote at the same time?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
This is why I don't play forum Mafia. The way I see it, I'm not to blame for this loss considering Cello lead every single one of us astray with bad scum hunting.
You aren't new enough to excuse voting in LYLO with no discussion. Also, "wrong" doesn't mean "bad". I am satisfied with my reads, but I admit my PLAY was sub-par. I shouldn't have hammered X-1; I should have pounded into his thick skull that I was town.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I think most of us had a bad game.

Cello locked townies pretty well, and I knew Riddle was scum but DIDN'T push his lynch. I screwed up on lynching Vanz so I could get Cello's alignment. Course Cello gets tunelly on townies too eaily, see vanz today and me last game.

GG everyone, really enjoyed it.

@ Ryu - I said d a m n you...but it looks worse when it gets bleeped out :D

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
You both posted at the same time, Riddle did you come into contact with Isu during the day to make you both vote at the same time?
Technically he did. It didn't actually affect anything since we had already discussed our plans during the night phase, but I completely understand if it counts as a town win or whatever because of it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
We lost as Cello DIDN'T get Ryu irl.

Seems pretty unfair that Riddle grabbed you irl for the win.

I mean the games over now, and I play for fun and to learn as a player (I achieved both, imo) but that is a bit of a suckerpunch

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Well, the difference is that Riddle messaged me on AIM telling me to vote Cello, just as I was about to vote Cello anyway.

So, yeah, it's a breach of the rules, but a fruitless one.

Purple

Hi guys!
It's the potential of the matter. You were messaged to vote, and voted accordingly, think of if you voted a minute later, and Ryu had unvoted during the time you would've (riddle-influenced) hammered. Town would've caught on immediately.

:\

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
I think most of us had a bad game.

Cello locked townies pretty well, and I knew Riddle was scum but DIDN'T push his lynch. I screwed up on lynching Vanz so I could get Cello's alignment. Course Cello gets tunelly on townies too eaily, see vanz today and me last game.

GG everyone, really enjoyed it.

@ Ryu - I said d a m n you...but it looks worse when it gets bleeped out :D
@Swiss: My bad. **** you too then. lulz

For what it's worth, I would have probably stayed on Cello regardless of what was said. I know I'm new to Forum Mafia, but at that point the only thing I saw was Cello backed lynches yielding town kills. From my perspective, whether he was scum or town I wanted him to be lynched for getting townies killed. Of course, some may say that line of thinking is stupid because there's no discussion after the lynches and what not; but what about all of the discussion BEFORE the lynch. Cello staked his rep on Vand's lynch; his rep was shot when Vand flipped town. In my mind, Cello was scum. Call it a newbie play, but I'm a newbie in a newbie game... so there.

Anyway, thanks for having me. Take care all.

Purple

Hi guys!
:|

There's so much more I want to say on this subject, however for the sake of what it's worth, mafia looked very deeply into the who was who and made very good choices, it would be a shame if they would break a **** rule when the game was already in their favor to begin with..

D1
x1-12 was Lynched

N1
Isuyaru roleblocked Cello_Marl: Successful
Cello_Marl investigated Swiss: Unsucessful
Isuyaru shot Writer Kupo: Sucessful
Writer Kupo docced Null: Null

D2
Writer Kupo died
Vanderzant was lynched

N2
Isuyaru roleblocked Cello_Marl: Successful
Cello_Marl investigated Swiss: Unsuccessful
Isuyaru shot Vult Redux: Successful

D3
Cello_Marl was lynched.​

--

Cello_Marl (Sane Cop) has been lynched
Swiss (Vanilla Townie) has been endgamed
Ryunnosuke ( Vanilla Townie) has been endgamed

Riddle and Isuyaru have survived!

Mafia Wins!

Purple

Hi guys!
This was my game plan all along O:
I wouldn't take it as much, deep down, Mafia won, even if they abided by the rules, like ryu said he wouldn't have gotten off of cello and cello would have died.

It's just that.

• Everyone was given an indirect warning
  • Riddle is an SE and should know better.
  • Since both of them were included in it, they both were modkilled leaving no one else.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
I agree with that decision.

Good game, guys. It was pretty fun. I might pop up from time to time signing up for games over school breaks. Hopefully I can actually be town, the idea of hunting the scum is much more appealing to me than being the scum.

I'm sorry that X1 and Kupo had such a short time in this game.

Purple

Hi guys!
This is usually how newbie games go, newbies can't find themselves as strongly interested as players who have a strong gameplan.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm sorry that X1 and Kupo had such a short time in this game.
It's alright. I payed attention for most of the game regardless, and the game was rather short anyway.

The only thing I missed about not living past D1 was not being able to stay around long enough to call Cello MC Hammer.

I mean seriously, he hit bankrupt every time. <___<

And I'm actually the opposite of you, Isu. I like being scum. Or, rather, I like having the ability to Night Kill.

Purple

Hi guys!
I had a talk with Riddle, it was never clearly understood that they were not supposed to discuss amongst each other during the day, neither in role PM or ruleset. Infact it's SWF standard that they ARE allowed to talk during the day. Him and his team were not at fault here, and this is practically a clean sweep.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Not even practically. WE SWEPT THAT **** UP WITH A ****ING BROOM.

Shoutouts:

Cello_Marl - You're clearly a smart person. A little too confident and you obviously made some mislynches this game. Better luck next time.

Vult Redux - We killed you, because I was connected to you as scumpartners. You were kind of inactive, try to fix that I guess.

Vanderzant - Sucks that Cello jumped down your throat. Didnt seem particularly scummy to me.

Ryu - Stupid LYLO play. Never vote that early.

X1-12 - I honestly dont understand your lynch. Seriously.

Swiss - Pretty solid town play. Shoulda pushed me harder :)

Isuyaru - good **** scum buddy. Enjoyed talking to you about strategy.

Riddle - I'm way too good obviously.

Writer Kupo - Sorry we killed you. Mad scared of you seeing right through me

X1-12

Smash Champion
I left for like half a day and wtf.

Cello being Town enrages me.
LOL wtf Cello was Town?
these two pretty much sum it up for me...

I probably should have made it clear to people that putting me at L-1 was just the same as hammering when cello was in the game :lick:

But with Cello playing, I don't think people should leave him without some decent opposition, if he was scum this game he'd have been leading you just the same

Top Bottom