• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Zelda Technique?!?!?!?!?! :o

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
So, I made this thread because i saw something strange while playing

Basically I'm Zelda (duh :laugh: ) and i'm playing against a Shiek, i get trapped in her jab
the one where she does multiple hits and traps unless you DI away, so i use Nayru's Love while being jabbed and Zelda uses Nayru's Jump, well i wouldn't call it jump since she slided sideways, not upwards 0_0

I have the video on my Wii, so if anyone with a recording device wouldn't mind to upload the video or even if you don't have a recording device, just to see it, i'll send it to you ;)

Oh and also i noted that if you do an attack at the edge, you will slip and lead into another attack. Example:

I was Zelda, i'm fighting a Sheik at Smashville so i run at Sheik and do an Up-Smash, so while Up-smash is executing Zelda slips since i used a run+smash, so while Zelda was performing Up-smash, mid smash she slipped and led into Nair, Of course all of this was continuously on Sheik, she could not get out, the same happened with Sheik, I did Forward Smash with sheik, running of course, she slipped and led into Fair, same as Zelda, inescapable, so i guess if you run and do an attack close to the edge you'll slip and do another attack, note that this only works from 0% (Well I think so :ohwell: )

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well, you can go horizontally while using NL either during a love jump, or during a normal aerial NL. Flick the joystick sideways, then immediately release and hit B while in the air. Jump and then do that immediately afterwards if you want to love jump horizontally.

As for the second thing. You just apparently did 4 moves.

I *think* you're talking about dash-attacking a sheilded opponent at the edge. Yes. You go right through them and off the stage. You only f-air if you press forward+A or C-Stick Right afterwards.

Honestly, I have no idea what you were talking about for the whole post. Try again. Just keep it simple.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Well, you can go horizontally while using NL either during a love jump, or during a normal aerial NL. Flick the joystick sideways, then immediately release and hit B while in the air. Jump and then do that immediately afterwards if you want to love jump horizontally.

As for the second thing. You just apparently did 4 moves.

I *think* you're talking about dash-attacking a sheilded opponent at the edge. Yes. You go right through them and off the stage. You only f-air if you press forward+A or C-Stick Right afterwards.

Honestly, I have no idea what you were talking about for the whole post. Try again. Just keep it simple.
Oh lol Ok :laugh: I'm not good at explaining things :laugh:

I didn't know you could Nayru's jump horizontally 0_0 and i didn't know you didn't have to be in the OMG I've been hit animation 0_0 Thanks for clearing it out ^^

But about the second thing, they don't have to shield, your attack has to connect, but since you're very close to the edge, you'll slip along with your opponent ;) thus making both attacks connect, no shield

And it's not a dash attack, it's an Up-smash followed by Nair
and in Sheik's Case is F-smash followed by Fair

Top Bottom