• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Zealand Fighting Games Nationals - Southern X Up 4/10/14

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
Anyone feel like an awesome smash filled weekend trip over the Tasman?

For the first time ever Melee will be part of the NZ fighting game nationals, taking part from the 4th to the 5th of October. Not many details are out yet, it was just announced now so people can get their flights/leave sorted. I'll update this post after more info comes out.

Anyway, come support a new and rapidly growing Smash scene!! This week there will be more than 30 entrants in a tournament in Auckland, and we only just started having frequent meetups in April. There will be players from all over NZ coming up to Auckland for these nationals. Around nine of us will be at Shadowloo, and it would make it so much more hype if some Aussies could come here and be a part of this.

Cya there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/329490947220217/

Oh, and before you say that this doesn't belong in this forum, note that it takes about half the time for East Coast to fly here than it does to fly to Perth. :p

Splice

Smash Hero
October is terrible for me personally, but this sounds great. Hope someone from AUS can get around it!

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
I'm nowhere near Australia's best, (or Melbourne's, for that matter) but I'm still pretty keen on going! Was meant to travel to New Zealand at some point later in the year anyway, so I'm hoping that I'll get to be in Auckland during that weekend. :D

kelots

Smash Cadet
If you want to make a week of it, there is a smash fest the weekend before as pheX and Pasi are over from Germany.

Was unfortunate their trip didn't line up with Southern X UP but if you've got the leave feel free to join us. It's a casual afternoon smash fest but I am going to try and make some kind of international battle happen :D

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
There is a distinct possibility that I might come to this.
Surprisingly I've already taken leave around this weekend and it's for the anniversary for me and my missus which is on the monday.

My missus comes from new zealand...

surprise trip home here we go

Last edited:

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, great to see all the Aus interest! I'm sure we can find places for you guys to stay when you come over (I'm happy to provide a couch for a couple of peeps that don't mind sharing.)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm also keen; clashes with a trip to the Philippines I've already booked but will see if I can reschedule

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Yeah if there was snow as well i would be a keen bean as well

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
99% confirmed going, in the process of applying for more leave at work then booking flights

Last edited:

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
One month away bump

A few more details have been posted, thinking I'll organise Auckland v Everyone else crews and doubles as well. Also got an awesome player from Rarotonga flying in

Basty

Smash Ace
Interested in coming, never been to another country and its cheaper then going to any other as I'm in Tasmania

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz

kelots

Smash Cadet
cheaper for early bird rego so if you're flying over hit it up now :)

can house someone, although fair warning i have 2 year old twins who will wake you up early :p

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Can prob house one or two (if you don't mind sharing a couch) for a couple of nights.

Top Bottom