• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Whistle Technique?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I have thoroughly searched the boards (checked NC Echos guide once) for some knowledge of this little trick with the Whistle and have come up dry, so I decided to make a new thread about it.

As many of you will probably have already noticed, Olimar cannot turn around while mid-air. Attempting to jump backwards will result in a back flip with him still facing the original direction. But all that will soon change. While testing random Olimar techniques in training mode I stumbled upon this. While in the air, you can use Down B (the whistle) and tilt the analog stick Down and at an angle to make Olimar turn around in mid air WITH the super armor frames that come from a whistle. Of course the angle has to be in the opposite direction the Olimar is facing otherwise it is exactly like any other Whistle.

Like I said, I only checked NC Echos guide on this but I come here often and have yet to see this on any thread. This may just be common knowledge that nobody has thought was important enough to post about but the ability to turn around with the Super Armor frames can be great for Mind Games and such.

I have no way of getting videos of it onto my computer, but it isn't at all a hard thing to do so try it out and tell me what you think.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ya this is actually a known technique, but it was in some depths of some other thread and probably deserved a thread of its own for visibility

Puddin

Smash Lord
I figured something like this would be known, just (like I said) nobody thought it was important enough to make a thread. :laugh:

Puddin

Smash Lord
Hm, well I will give myself a pat on the back for figuring it out on my own.

Or at least forgetting it even existed and then remembering it.

Top Bottom